War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced 06 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raced 06 mustang

Hey everyone,last night I had a chance to race my buddies 06 mustang but it was only the V6.We pulled upto a set of lights on a long back road that we have out here and waited for the light to turn green.He honked 3 times and then we took off.I ended up beating him by 1 car by the end of the first run.we turned around and went back to the same lights again (no one ever drives this street either) and set up for another go.The light turns green and this time I honk 3 times and we take off.Again I beat him by about 1 but I think I could have done better considering that I spunn my wheels almost all the way through second both times.I guess my next mod should be better tires .Not much of a story but I thought I would at least share it with you guys.Take care everyone.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 PM

does he have any mods? Cuz I had an 05 v6 stang before I got my ss/sc, and I know this cobalt has got to be better than a car over the mustang.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you were at a light, why did you bother honking 3 times??
Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
But the Mustang is RWD, so in a drag race it may hang better eben though it is underpowered or w/e
Old 10-12-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by vtecduster
does he have any mods? Cuz I had an 05 v6 stang before I got my ss/sc, and I know this cobalt has got to be better than a car over the mustang.
no he doesn't have anything.The streets were pretty cold here last night I think it was only like 4 degrees celcius so I couldn't grab at all.If it was warmer outside I would have beat him by more but I just kept spinning as soon as i popped it in second.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Yea, race him from a roll sometime and watch him in your rear view get smaller and smaller.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t

we honked three times because there was no one behind us and it just gave us a moment more to take off at the same time.I know it sounds kind of dumb but oh well.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

the only v6 mustang i ever raced was with my gtp and he had intake exhaust and headers and it was UGLY like im talking UGLY i was at 80 and he was literally like at least 10 cars back and this was before i had my car tuned , older v6 also 04 i think but still those things are comp for a 2.2 or maybe a 2.4
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWBALT06
the only v6 mustang i ever raced was with my gtp and he had intake exhaust and headers and it was UGLY like im talking UGLY i was at 80 and he was literally like at least 10 cars back and this was before i had my car tuned , older v6 also 04 i think but still those things are comp for a 2.2 or maybe a 2.4
Yeah I would have killed him but it was to cold here last night.we are planning to go to the track here in the spring and race once he puts on some mods.with the warmer weather and better conditions to grip I don't see why I can't beat him by a couple of lengths especially since i'm doing some more mods over the winter.Last night I just wanted to show him that a four banger can beat a v6.He's been bugging me that his just has more power and he could beat me because his was a v6.Just had to make a small point of it last night to him.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by vtecduster

depends on the mustang. i have a manual with pony package which really straight line performance wise only has stickier tires, which actually helps alot because the stockers are ****. But anyway, with pony package, the stick can run high 14's stock, so that is about the outcome i would expect, about a car length. if it is totally base and auto, it should be more like 3-4 lengths. I raced my friends auto base and had about 2 and a half lengths on him. good kill.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:08 AM

Yeah, if it was a stock v6 you should have killed him by much more. I beat the new GT from a dig in my SS/SC, but only because the Cobalt has better power than the GT in the lower RPM's. It was a game of catch up for him, which he almost did. I think I beat him by 1/4-1/2 car length after taking him by about 2 car lengths on launch. Once those GT's wake up you better find some hidden power. And for those that want to call BS, ask the some of the guys in the Utah Muscle Car Association. There were about 6 cars chasing us to witness the results.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
yea u guys blind ??? have to go by sound???
Old 10-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by FDNY101202
yea u guys blind ??? have to go by sound???
Yeah and def to so it was kind of pure luck that we actually were able to get into a car and drive.You do things your way and i'll do them mine,read the above posts and stop asking the same questions again or are you a little slow?
Old 10-14-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by domin8_gt
Yeah, if it was a stock v6 you should have killed him by much more. I beat the new GT from a dig in my SS/SC, but only because the Cobalt has better power than the GT in the lower RPM's. It was a game of catch up for him, which he almost did. I think I beat him by 1/4-1/2 car length after taking him by about 2 car lengths on launch. Once those GT's wake up you better find some hidden power. And for those that want to call BS, ask the some of the guys in the Utah Muscle Car Association. There were about 6 cars chasing us to witness the results.
im not saying you didn't beat him, but don't say the cobalt has more low end power than an s197 gt....you can't touch the torque it has. i have seen a stage 2 ss/sc take an s197 gt by about half a car, so i beleive you. Equal drivers though, stick gt vs ss/sc the gt would take you stock. but again, the new 6's are really underestimated, i ran a 14.91 totally stock. an ss/sc with a great driver would take me by a good deal, but many drivers on here run high 14's in stock ss/sc's. with full bolt ons a few of the mustangforums members run low 14's and with f/i one of em is running low 12's at only 10 psi
stock for stock the 4.0 is not as fast as the ss/sc, but it is far, far faster than the old 3.8 v6's and an ss/sc without an awesome driver wouldn't beat a 4.0 by alot.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
im not saying you didn't beat him, but don't say the cobalt has more low end power than an s197 gt....you can't touch the torque it has. i have seen a stage 2 ss/sc take an s197 gt by about half a car, so i beleive you. Equal drivers though, stick gt vs ss/sc the gt would take you stock. but again, the new 6's are really underestimated, i ran a 14.91 totally stock. an ss/sc with a great driver would take me by a good deal, but many drivers on here run high 14's in stock ss/sc's. with full bolt ons a few of the mustangforums members run low 14's and with f/i one of em is running low 12's at only 10 psi
stock for stock the 4.0 is not as fast as the ss/sc, but it is far, far faster than the old 3.8 v6's and an ss/sc without an awesome driver wouldn't beat a 4.0 by alot.

haha please dont defend a mustang 4.0 on our forum i raced an 02 MUSTANG GT with 3:73 gears stage 2 clutch and flywheel and exhaust and intake we were on the freeway and i **** you no he had buddy with him and we went from 50 and i threw it into second hit about 5,000 rpms stayed dead even shifted into third at 6500 stayed DEAD EVEN mustang couldnt jump me he slowed down and we both pulled over and he told me that was the fastest little ricer looking car he had ever raced , hahaha i told him it was stock and he took down my number and now were friends haha v6's mustangs are garbage like complete trash , ps all i have on my car is the air box mod with a 1009 model number filter
Old 10-14-2006, 07:20 PM

haha please dont defend a mustang 4.0 on our forum i raced an 02 MUSTANG GT with 3:73 gears stage 2 clutch and flywheel and exhaust and intake we were on the freeway and i **** you no he had buddy with him and we went from 50 and i threw it into second hit about 5,000 rpms stayed dead even shifted into third at 6500 stayed DEAD EVEN mustang couldnt jump me he slowed down and we both pulled over and he told me that was the fastest little ricer looking car he had ever raced , hahaha i told him it was stock and he took down my number and now were friends haha v6's mustangs are garbage like complete trash , ps all i have on my car is the air box mod with a 1009 model number filter

ok, so you raced a lightly modded (the wrong way mind you) older gt from a roll and kept even. that pretty much means he would rock your **** from a dig, and his mods suck. There is no point in a stage 2 clutch running his mods. you really don't know what you are talking about either do you? you think the gears are actually 3:73? that would be the slowest ******* vehicle in the world. it's 3.73:1. 4.1's are the only way to go and a flywheel? are you serious dude, i think you are full of it. no self respecting mustang owner would run those mods unless he had no idea what he was doing. my car runs full second faster et's than the previous model 6's stock and i have kept even with one stock ss/sc and lost by 1/2 car to a stock one. i just have an axle back. my car runs identical times to stock 5.0's and i have beaten multiple sn95 gt's from digs. so please, don't try to argue about things you know nothing about.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

ok, so you raced a lightly modded (the wrong way mind you) older gt from a roll and kept even. that pretty much means he would rock your **** from a dig, and his mods suck. There is no point in a stage 2 clutch running his mods. you really don't know what you are talking about either do you? you think the gears are actually 3:73? that would be the slowest ******* vehicle in the world. it's 3.73:1. 4.1's are the only way to go and a flywheel? are you serious dude, i think you are full of it. no self respecting mustang owner would run those mods unless he had no idea what he was doing. my car runs full second faster et's than the previous model 6's stock and i have kept even with one stock ss/sc and lost by 1/2 car to a stock one. i just have an axle back. my car runs identical times to stock 5.0's and i have beaten multiple sn95 gt's from digs. so please, don't try to argue about things you know nothing about.
Women like Mustangs. Something about this sporty coupe results in nearly 55 percent of V-6 Mustangs being driven by females. For some reason, women don't crave the tire-burning quality of the V-8, so instead they opt for improved fuel economy and a lower price. It's not surprising, then, that the macho brain trust here at C/D has shunned the V-6 model—the last time we wrote about one was more than 10 years ago.

THATS THE FIRST PARAGRAPH ON YOUR MUSTANG I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND IM NOT EVEN GONNA START THIS ARGUMENT LATES P.S *GOOD D*VER WI  A COBRT SS/SAWILL TBE A V-HSTANG I A SECTD FLAT
Old 10-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Women like Mustangs. Something about this sporty coupe results in nearly 55 percent of V-6 Mustangs being driven by females. For some reason, women don't crave the tire-burning quality of the V-8, so instead they opt for improved fuel economy and a lower price. It's not surprising, then, that the macho brain trust here at C/D has shunned the V-6 model—the last time we wrote about one was more than 10 years ago.

THATS THE FIRST PARAGRAPH ON YOUR MUSTANG I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND IM NOT EVEN GONNA START THIS ARGUMENT LATES P.S A GOOD DRIVER WITH A COBALT SS/SC WILL TAKE A V-6 STANG BY A SECOND FLAT

did you read the rest of the article? lol maybe if you did you would realize they are praising the improvement to the new v6. oh and i would really love to see you run a 13.8 stock. stock rubber and all. when you can do that, tell me you can run a second faster than me in the 1/4.

After shifting and a little brake-torque tango, the additional power and extra ratio add up to more straight-line performance than we expected: 0-to-60 mph arrives in 6.9 seconds, and the quarter-mile is over in 15.3 seconds at 91 mph. That performance would humiliate owners of the last V-6 Mustang we tested (a 145-hp manual back in May 1994), which scored an 8.3-second 0-to-60 time and a 16.5-second quarter-mile. Also, this puts the new V-6 auto just 0.6 second off the old automatic V-8's 0-to-60 time and only 0.2 second slower in the quarter.

thats the third paragraph, and they used a base auto. the sticks have a good half sec faster et's and i have the pony package which adds lighter wheels and much stickier tires because the stock ones blow dick (along with some gt suspension components). car and driver themselves ran a 14.8 with my car exactly. it was in the back section of i think their february issue last year where they had all the 1/4 and 0-60 tests listed. 6.3 to 60 and 14.8 in the quarter. Hmmm, that is actually pretty close to what alot of the ss/sc run.

put some bfgoodrich traction t/a tires on your car and see how horrible your traction is. those tires REALLY limit the performance of the 4.0, which is why i bought the pony package. with every option available, i got my car for 20k and i ran high 14's stock. wow yea my car is really so far behind the ss/sc in bang for buck .
Old 10-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

put some bfgoodrich traction t/a tires on your car and see how horrible your traction is. those tires REALLY limit the performance of the 4.0, which is why i bought the pony package. with every option available, i got my car for 20k and i ran high 14's stock. wow yea my car is really so far behind the ss/sc in bang for buck .
im not gonna start an argument i got my car for 20,500 fully loaded no g85 with 350 miles now i know i would take a v-6 mustang end of story and mod for mod i would rape a v-6 mustang now go put 4,000 in a supercharger or a turbo and ill put my 4 grand and ill be waiting at the finish line
Old 10-14-2006, 11:13 PM

im not gonna start an argument i got my car for 20,500 fully loaded no g85 with 350 miles now i know i would take a v-6 mustang end of story and mod for mod i would rape a v-6 mustang now go put 4,000 in a supercharger or a turbo and ill put my 4 grand and ill be waiting at the finish line

now you just are proving you have no idea what you are talking about. yes mod for mod the cobalt will be faster to a certain point, but once you hit around 4k the mustang can be a good deal faster if you do the right mods. there are many people on the mustang forums running more than 300whp on daily drivers and one, (rygenstormlocke if you want to verify) is running over 320 at the wheels on stock block and stock AUTO tranny. he runs low 12's now with the powerhouse turbo kit. most people will never do this, but the fact of the matter is, yes the cobalt is faster stock with equal drivers, but not by alot. have you ever gone to the track? how do you know you are hitting the times you claim every cobalt owner hits (13.8 i guess, because you are a "full second faster"). Most people on here would consider a 14.5 a good time for your car. so about 3 tenths faster than my car in the quarter with good drivers. that isn't alot.

http://powerhouse411.com/playme.php?...FL_06_V6_1.wmv

stock block, stock tranny, powerhouse pipeline turbo kit. 450rwhp, it is running mid 11's now with lots and lots of passes with no problems.

i never said my car was faster, because it is not. i know that, but i also know that i am not much slower at all and i know that from experience. oh and you are very immature, just so you know and im sure most of the people in this thread will agree.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 10-14-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

now you just are proving you have no idea what you are talking about. yes mod for mod the cobalt will be faster to a certain point, but once you hit around 4k the mustang can be a good deal faster if you do the right mods. oh and my block is stronger than yours stock so for heavy modification, it will be cheaper. most people will never do this, but the fact of the matter is, yes the cobalt is faster with equal drivers, but not by much. oh and you're pretty damned immature, just so you know.

http://powerhouse411.com/playme.php?...FL_06_V6_1.wmv

stock block, stock tranny, powerhouse pipeline turbo kit. 450rwhp, it is running low 11's now.
wow that turbocharger is 4,795 plus shipping tax and install then you need drags a new clutch probably axels hp tuners or some sort of tuning device i dont know what else now your looking at 7,000 keep talking i wanna hear more
Old 10-14-2006, 11:32 PM

wow that turbocharger is 4,795 plus shipping tax and install then you need drags a new clutch probably axels hp tuners or some sort of tuning device i dont know what else now your looking at 7,000 keep talking i wanna hear more

comes with a tuner and a base tune, easy install compared to most turbo kits because we have far more room in our engine bay than most cars because they needed room there for the gt's 4.6, the axles and the rearend have been proven to hold far more power than this kit puts out, and our stock clutch is very strong. so lets just throw in another couple hundred bucks for shipping and say 5100? spend 5100 on your car and see if it runs 11's with the daily driven setup on drags. lets say mid 12's on street rubber. hmmm you need alot more work including internals to handle that kind of power.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:36 PM

getting your car to mid-low 12's in street trim...pistons for sure, twincharge kit or turbo swap? axles, clutch, suspension work or you will have 0 traction, etc. nobody on your forums has even hit 11's yet i dont think and if they did it took ALOT of work, and actually now that i think about it, i dont think anybody has hit mid 12's yet have they? if you read back in this thread you will notice i did not start this argument and i am just supporting my information while you keep arguing yourself deeper and deeper into a hole. I am on this site all the time and barely ever have problems with people, until people like you try to be an internet bad ass and pretend that they know what they are talking about.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

You would not get that car on the road with that turbocharger in it for 5100 guaranteed and if i turbo swap i GUARANTEE i will be running low 12's high 11's with 6,000 your taking all the cuts and corners your telling me your gonna take a stock mustang from the lot and throw it on i doubt first of all it will make 450 hp and second its not gonna hold if it does
Old 10-14-2006, 11:49 PM

You would not get that car on the road with that turbocharger in it for 5100 guaranteed and if i turbo swap i GUARANTEE i will be running low 12's high 11's with 6,000 your taking all the cuts and corners your telling me your gonna take a stock mustang from the lot and throw it on i doubt first of all it will make 450 hp and second its not gonna hold if it does

no, i am not saying that it will make 450hp on pump gas. rygen has been running for months with that kit at 10psi making over 320whp. this is his daily driven car which he drives to work EVERY DAY. obviously there are things that would help like gears and a locker, but even then it will be around 6k if you do the install yourself (which is what i would do personally, but most people don't have the mechanical knowledge to do so). do you really think that your internals can handle the power needed for 11's when people have blown motors without going over 300whp? there are at least 5 cars on the mustangforums that are daily driven running over 300rwhp on the stock blocks and trannies, many have been doing so for months and months. and if you want to bring up cutting corners, i can tell you without any doubt that without some sort of locker or lsd on your car, axles, a new clutch because oyu guys have weak clutches, some good suspension mods, and such you are not going to hit 11's. again, i agree that your car is faster mod for mod to a certain extent, but once you start modding heavily, it is cheaper to do so on the 4.0. if you don't beleive that it is safe to do this on a stock block, check out shelbyautos.com and look at the cs6. it obviously has many more mods for handling and the exterior is modded like hell, but look at the centri blower they put on...at 9 psi it makes 350 on a STOCK BLOCK. and shelby beleives 100% it would be reliable enough to sell with a warranty. sounds like my block would last pretty long to me

lets try to tone this down from an argument to a discussion, i hate arguing with people online it just makes me feel stupid.

Quick Reply: raced 06 mustang