Funny Info about Varrstoen Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny Info about Varrstoen Wheels

Saw this on another forum:

Paragraph on Enkei website
"Custom aftermarket wheels are as much a part of who we are as the clothes we wear, the vehicles we drive and of course the performance that we expect. ENKEI custom wheels deliver the latest in wheel designs, composite alloy technology such as, casting/forged processes, rigid testing that must pass stringent JGTC Standards and unsurpassed manufacturing facilities. "

Paragraph on Varrstoen website:
"Custom aftermarket wheels are as much a part of who we are as the clothes we wear, the vehicles we drive and of course the performance that we expect. Varrstoen custom wheels deliver the latest in wheel designs, composite alloy technology such as, casting/forged processes, rigid testing that must pass stringent JGTC, VIA JWL Standards and unsurpassed manufacturing facilities. Varrstoen is dedicated to perfection and delivers the best in aftermarket wheels. "

So not only does Varrstoen copy wheel designs, they copy websites too.

Screen Shots:

Enkei

Varrstoen:

Here's the info on the tire testing:

Rota: Our Most Rigid Testing Methods - ROTA Wheels
Varrstoen: varrstoen - wheels

Enkie: http://www.enkei.com/imola.html
Rays: RAYS CO., LTD.

Varrstoen has no mention at all of testing so there's nothing substantiating the information stolen from Enkei's site. Rota mentions their own tests, but nothing about passing any type of regulation. Enkie and Rays has their own standard that is tougher then JWL. BBS has TUV certification.

I didn't find this out myself or type this. I got the info from this thread:

Varrstoen vs pothole.. fake wheels lol. - JDM Chicago-Japanese Car Community
The whole thread is interesting.

This all being said, I've seen claims of Enkeis, BBS, Work, Rays, Advan, etc etc also breaking. The botom line is you get what you pay for.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. thats some ****.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Lol plagiarizing at best. That's an automatic fail in school.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM

Interesting, question is which of the sites had it on there first lol
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
village idiot

Originally Posted by b00sted06ss
Interesting, question is which of the sites had it on there first lol
Enkei was first.

I'll show you how I know.

Went to the wayback machine.
Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Here's Enkei's previous site from 11/02/08:
ENKEI GROUP

Here's Enkei's site with the copied text from 02/07/09:
Enkei Wheels : 2009

So you know Enkei put the copy (writing) on their home page sometime between Nov 2008 and February 2009

Since Varrstoen has a Genesis Coupe on the page with the plagiarized copy then it must have been during or after the Spring of 2009 when the Gen Coupe came out.

You could say that's still a pretty close timeframe..... so Google Varrstoen and Genesis coupe.

You'll find that Varrstoen buys the white 2.0T Genesis coupe in Nov 2010. That means the Varrstoen web page captured must date after November 2010.
Picked up a 2.0T Rspec! - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Ahhh... But then you could say that the Genesis on the Varrstoen page isn't their Genesis. soo..

100% confirmation can be found in the fourth picture down in the FS thread (below). That is the picture used for the white Genesis on the site page that was screen captured with the plagiarism. It was just flipped 180 degrees, the license plate and background are then photochopped and the image is tilted, etc. (not very well either).

Varrstoen sells that 2.0T in December 2011 (after listing for about two months).
FS: CA White 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Rspec FOR SALE | LOW MILES - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

So Varrstoen copied Enkei's site sometime at least 1yr 9months after Enkei put it on their site.

Yes.... I know I'm a nerd. I am pretty good at researching things. LOL

There are even more ways to tell. You could have used the bottom of the screenshot to see something about a new 2.2.? wheel available in new colors and the colors available are the little squares. Then you can find out from Varrstoen's own site when each color was available...fluorescent orange/yellow introduced July '09, pink Feb '10, etc. All you'd have to do is figure out when all of those colors were available at the same time to figure out when that screenshot was taken but I was satisfied with the info I found.

Last edited by casionerd; 04-01-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 PM

wow.... very interesting.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Fail city. Good find
Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and this is old info lol
also has been copied from forum to forum
people use the same tread titles and even the same opening line....talk about pot calling kettle black

they are a rep wheel company who cares, wheels aren't too heavy and they look decent and the price is ok, as the brand becomes bigger its going to come under more scrutiny i can't wait for what's next
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by casionerd
Varrstoen vs pothole.. fake wheels lol. - JDM Chicago-Japanese Car Community
The whole thread is interesting.

This all being said, I've seen claims of Enkeis, BBS, Work, Rays, Advan, etc etc also breaking. The botom line is you get what you pay for.
I saw 0 Varrstoens in that thread fail

Originally Posted by JacBlackSS/TC
and this is old info lol
people use the same tread titles and even the same opening line....talk about pot calling kettle black

they are a rep wheel company who cares, wheels aren't too heavy and they look decent and the price is ok
, as the brand becomes bigger its going to come under more scrutiny i can't wait for what's next
^^best point this whole arguement has ever had

Last edited by MastaShaKe_88; 04-02-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
I saw 0 Varrstoens in that thread fail
the first post in that thread is a Varrstoen it just has a BBS center cap
Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 AM

oh?? :\
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 AM
village idiot

and this is old info lol
they are a rep wheel company who cares, wheels aren't too heavy and they look decent and the price is ok, as the brand becomes bigger its going to come under more scrutiny i can't wait for what's next
I didn't claim it was new. I simply shared interesting information and even linked to the old thread. Besides, it's obvious some people on here haven't heard of this story.

Varrstoens are perfect for Cobalts. They're cheap wheels for cheap cars. Most Cobalt owners could never afford TE37s so they get replicas.

I personally think they look fine and that too much emphasis is placed on brand names. Rotas and Varrstoens are what they are. They're cheap wheels at a cheap price. They're fine if you're not pushing the car to its limits or just get them for the look. Enkei is a little better and priced reasonably. Advans, Rays, etc are overpriced at MSRP. Just my opinion.

As far as the Varrstoen brand growing, they had better stop doing stuff like this. It seems that right now they have a slightly better reputation than Rotas but that could go down if they keep it up. This was not discovered because the brand was being more scrutinized due to their success or growing. This information was discovered as a result of product failure.

Not sure what you're referring to with the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you don't understand the analogy. Let's say one guy has Rotas and one guy has Varrstoens. One guy says to the other.... ha ha your wheels are fakes. That would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited by casionerd; 04-02-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM

No that reference was to the fact that people are saying how varrstoen is copying off enkei with info when all they are doing is copying and pasting the same threads over and over again, i was laughing at the irony.

like you said in your op, all wheels break its just the fact that when a rep company wheel breaks people can't wait to say something about it

and i wish people would stop making statements about certain wheel brands being too nice or too expensive to put on a certain car. why would you not want the best for your car, its a shame put volks on a cobalt **** will get talked, put volks on an evo people drool, and the price difference between the two is only a few thousand dollars
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm too JDM for you

i cracked the barrel on my ccw's. ohhhh noooo ccw's are horrible and unsafe!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
i've seen this before on so many websites... people selling the same products or even diferent products and just totally copying someone elses description
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
village idiot

No that reference was to the fact that people are saying how varrstoen is copying off enkei with info when all they are doing is copying and pasting the same threads over and over again, i was laughing at the irony.

like you said in your op, all wheels break its just the fact that when a rep company wheel breaks people can't wait to say something about it

and i wish people would stop making statements about certain wheel brands being too nice or too expensive to put on a certain car. why would you not want the best for your car, its a shame put volks on a cobalt **** will get talked, put volks on an evo people drool, and the price difference between the two is only a few thousand dollars
I got ya. Well said.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 PM

Team dynamics ftw.

Hit a big ass pothole once and my wheels were just fine. Also got the car airborn once as well. Im sure of I had rotas or something they would have broke by now. Very satisfied with my rims.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:30 PM

I've hit some big potholes many times with my Ultraleggeras and they're still holdin strong. Thank god. But yeah, usually "you get what you pay for" but sometimes quality rims can break too. It's kind of sad that Varrstoen plagiarized content on their own webpage, though. :/
Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Cobalt Nation

kinda funny when the copy and paste but as far as reps as long as you dont pass them off as real and realize there reps then nothing wrong with that lol Varrstoen quality is pretty good though even for reps.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 PM

wow lol
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OEM Wheels fo lyfe. haha