08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Thanks to ccss3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there should be a thread for every tuner on here to rave about or debate about.
How about since this is supposed to be James' thread, lets make another one for ZZP tunes, and any other tuner on here as well. then people can chime in on there likes and dislikes about each tuner, rather than ruining one thread...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
Now wait a minute. Why are we even talking about engine failures here? Shouldn't that be a very careful subject for one of us right now?
no i didn't mean it against you lol. since scotty was trying to say my engine failures were your fault. infact there have only been two. one was out of both our hands and the other hasn't even been diagnosed.

Originally Posted by slawson0042
How many times has your car blown up mark? Jussayin.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is childish
Old 02-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

welcome to the internet cole
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
no i didn't mean it against you lol. since scotty was trying to say my engine failures were your fault. infact there have only been two. one was out of both our hands and the other hasn't even been diagnosed.
Lol, I was actually talking about a different tuner who had a much more mild setup fail right off the bat. I didn't want to get into it, but it seemed like a strange time for his followers to start talking about engine failures, especially relating to tunes.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

ahhh. gotchya.

well i've been thinking about what route to take once the car is up in your hands at the shop again and won't be daily driven once its back here. whats your oppinion on switching over to 190s and a dual pump setup and tuning for e98? keep it till you got it dialed in, drive it on the street, take it to 131.. afaik, the only person to drive the car besides me was ryan and that was maybe once or twice. i want you guys to drive it so you can feel the car how i did when i drove it
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM

Lol, I was actually talking about a different tuner who had a much more mild setup fail right off the bat. I didn't want to get into it, but it seemed like a strange time for his followers to start talking about engine failures, especially relating to tunes.
you make me want to repeatedly smash my face against a wall or other hard object. I am clueless as to how you guys acquired a business license. I will admit that it does give me something entertaining to do on Sunday evenings.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 PM

This thread goes hard.....Popcorn anyone ?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by slawson0042
you make me want to repeatedly smash my face against a wall or other hard object.
don't do it man. you'll get uglier!!!! gotta keep ole red head happy.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Banned

Hmm must be talking about fasterisbetter. Hmmm .. not my fault buddy def wasn't the tune. Right off the bat, he was.missing parts, and had issues with other stuff.,.... Infact he dont even know what the issue is... Prob just a head gaskets.. so if that's the path you were talking about. You failed. also your tatics are crap, saying you can tune better then me or anyone. Lol .behind there backs of course..but hey its ok because I don't care... Shows the type of person you are..you can say it in front of me. I don't care... ..
Lol, I was actually talking about a different tuner who had a much more mild setup fail right off the bat. I didn't want to get into it, but it seemed like a strange time for his followers to start talkig about engine failures, especially relating to tunes.

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 02-19-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 PM
QUEEF-NUGGETS

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
don't do it man. you'll get uglier!!!! gotta keep ole red head happy.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Hmm must be talking about fasterisbetter. Hmmm .. not my fault buddy def wasn't the tune. Right off the bat, he was.missing parts, and had issues with other stuff.,.... Infact he dont even know what the issue is... Prob just a head gaskets.. so if that's the path you were talking about. You failed. also your tatics are crap, saying you can tune better then me or anyone. Lol .behind there backs of course..but hey its ok because I don't care... Shows the type of person you are..you can say it in front of me. I don't care... ..
I never said it was your fault. I said it seems like it would be a careful subject right now. Then again, if it was a head gasket, then it would be your fault. I told him it could possibly be the typical lnf cracked block in the water jacket.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Since this wants to be a ongoing issue. Why domt I go to a dyno and spend my hard earned money to have both tunes dynoed after I get a clutch. I'm tired of this ongoing bs. Street tuned then dyno both the same day 3 pulls a piece. Gonna cost me 600 bucks of my hard earned money. And I work on drilling rigs so it's not easy. I spend half a year from my little girl and it sucks. Only a few of you guys like army police and stuff like that know how that is. Either way it goes I still will win because stuff zzp says can't be done was done way before you ever thought of with a lsj. How many stock blower lsj's y'all have on pump gas???? Grow up please. And the 2.1 y'all have lol. Seen a 2.4 stroker 4 years ago. Nothing amazes me. I live 20 mins from a old redneck that has 6 and 7 sec cars in his yard. You want a internet war but what is there to argue. And how much money do y'all actually have invested In your own cars? If I had a shop I worked for I would have the fastest thing around to. But oh wait In 6 months I could pay everything off I owe plus drop 15k a piece in my cars. Is it worth it to prove to everyone ZZP isn't god to the cobalt would and just use there heads to build something?? No because no one would care. Zzp has there Nutswingers and so does James.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Head gasket being my fault . Hmm yeah ok ...... Cuz how. Please explain yourself so i can quit laughing. ..because it if was a head gaskets he could have had issues before this, his cars.been tuned before me. Maybe he shoulda went with treadstone or someone else and received all his parts needed.

I'm assuming your theory will be detonation, this is what caused it or misfiring. Hmm well I told him to drive the car normal and not to full boost.. so my fault hmm. Yeah ok.. I'm sure I was at his house lossening his head bolts...

Also since you want to play a blame game, marks car.. he was.tuned by.you and this is #3 engine soon correct. Not even a year. You say gas did it. Hmmmm well who's fault is it. Yours and marks. The blame game is easy buddy all can play

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 02-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM

^^^

Can someone pass me the popcorn now?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
s.c
Looks Can Be Deceiving.

wow this thread is freaking crazy...i cant believe this zzp..james has brought yall so much business it aint even funny and after reading all these posts bout how yall are disgracing him..i don't even think ill ever do business with yall again.. i had plans on doing a big build and use yalls parts since yall do have good parts but yall are not a very professional business talking the way you do.. i know for a fact i won't buy another part from yall and im going to pass this on to my friends on how unprofessional yall really are and wanta act like a bunch of little kids on a forum..the everyday cobalt owner doesnt have 25k's to drop into an engine like yall do and then brag about having so much hp.. yall really need to grow the heck up and act like a business
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM

This has nothing to do with tunes and what not...The fuss is about something else
Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor

Head gasket being my fault . Hmm yeah ok ...... Cuz how. Please explain yourself so i can quit laughing. ..because it if was a head gaskets he could have had issues before this, his cars.been tuned before me. Maybe he shoulda went with treadstone or someone else and received all his parts needed.

I'm assuming your theory will be detonation, this is what caused it or misfiring. Hmm well I told him to drive the car normal and not to full boost.. so my fault hmm. Yeah ok.. I'm sure I was at his house lossening his head bolts...

Also since you want to play a blame game, marks car.. he was.tuned by.you and this is #3 engine soon correct. Not even a year. You say gas did it. Hmmmm well who's fault is it. Yours and marks. The blame game is easy buddy all can play
Mission accomplished. Thanks for taking my bait so perfectly, James. We have heard from you many times that you have never had a motor fail that you tuned. Seemed like a pretty big claim since you also claim to have tuned hundreds of Cobalts. Now that we are faced with the knowledge of a car that you tuned that failed right away, you simply say that it's not your fault. You also state that you think it is a head gasket, which is a failure typically caused by a bad tune (on this application). You go on to say that you told the customer "not to fully boost." What kind of tune is it that the customer is not allowed to fully boost? Then in the same breath, you blame zzp for a motor that started making noise 11,000 miles after we tuned the car. Now that we know that you will say whatever you have to in the event that a motor that you tuned does fail, we can completely disregard your statement every time you claim to have never lost a motor from here on out. Thanks for playing.

On a similar note, here was the response to the last ecm file I sent out by email, without tuning-
"OMFG!!! this tune is f'ing crazy!! Love it!! the boost spikes real quick to 26psi and it drops and settles around 23-24psi.. but it pulls really hard/smooth/linear through the gears from 2-3-4-5, shifting into 2nd gear - smoking the tires up, and shifting into 4th gear, I was around 120 -125 already, from a dead stop the tires have no traction at all..

When NLS'ing between 1-2, no traction at all just tire smoke, when NLS into 3rd - it pulls like OMFG crazy.. it's very linear and smooth..
"
Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

as i said before. how about we don't bring up my experience in this argument. as this engine hasn't even been diagnosed yet.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
s.c
Looks Can Be Deceiving.

^^^^haha^^^^
Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Did this thread get deleted and brought back....WTH is going on over here
Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 PM