08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Thanks to ccss3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
those tuners don't advertise themselves left and right on a service they provide, i'm not saying james does, but the people he's tuned do. selling parts out of a junkyard is not a service. no big name companies are selling or doing retrofits. and until one of the retro fit vendors complain, no action will be taken. you have good thoughts, but it just doesn't quite fit.

I totally understand what you're saying about advertising, but answer me this, how is it James's fault or any tuner's fault that a person wanted to share their experience of the tune or service they got, I'm pretty sure James doesn't tell the people he tunes go on css.net and make a thread that I tuned you and how great I was r whatever, so how about the other thread that was there a second ago about this guy gettting tuned by "terminator2" is he advertising too....Point is you just cant control what people say about their experiences with their tuners or whoever it is...The guy that did the work shouldnt be blamed and if it is considered adverting then " a new site rule should say if you gonna talk about a service you just received don't mention who did it or don't talk about it at all if the person isn't a supporting vendor " About people selling parts outta a junkyard I was talking about people who mass sell parts but it's really non of my businees

Originally Posted by TommyP
that's because most of it goes on quietly, we try not to make a big scene. Posts get deleted and people get infractions/warnings. Of course we don't sit here and read every post so in the end you guys have to report posts if you guys see someone breaking the rules.
Offcourse not, quietly is good I see your point That would be absurd if a big deal was made out of it lol
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SunburstSS
I totally understand what you're saying about advertising, but answer me this, how is it*James's fault or any tuner's fault that a person wanted to share their experience of the tune or service they got, I'm pretty sure James doesn't tell the people he tunes go on css.net and make a thread that I tuned you and how great I was r whatever, so how about the other thread that was there a second ago about this guy gettting tuned by "terminator2" is he advertising too....Point is **you just cant control what people say about their experiences with their tuners or whoever it is...The guy that did the work shouldnt be blamed and if it is considered adverting then ***"a new site rule should say if you gonna talk about a service you just received don't mention who did it or don't talk about it at all if the person isn't a supporting vendor". About people selling parts outta a junkyard I was talking about people who mass sell parts but it's really non of my businees

Offcourse not, quietly is good I see your point That would be absurd if a big deal was made out of it lol
*i never said it was his fault. and thats why he's still here.
**actually, we can. because it's a privately owned site. with paying vendors.
*** non vendor advertising has been known as against the rules for quite some time now...

and i actually deleted that guy's thread before reading this post.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 PM

*i never said it was his fault. and thats why he's still here.
**actually, we can. because it's a privately owned site. with paying vendors.
*** non vendor advertising has been known as against the rules for quite some time now...

and i actually deleted that guy's thread before reading this post.
I know you didn't man but other people are saying that i didn't direct that towards you its in general, I guess what I'm trying to say is, most members don't know that or don't realize how bad it is to advertise somebody that isn't a supporting vendor. ooh yeah i see that it got deleted !
Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 AM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a very "sensitive" line for most of the vendors about where local tuners overstep their boundries. For years, this site functioned without much complaint about people tuning others. People like area47, term 2, m-dub, and many many others, tuned other balt owners, and for the most part no one complained. In fact there are probably hundreds of good tuners on this site that very few people even know about. I've never seen a single member stir up the vendors on this site like James has. I don't know if it's because of the fact that he does his tuning at very little to no profit for himself (as far as I've ever heard), or because of the large volume of remote tuning (I think it's a combination of the two). I personally have no problem with James and think he does a great job tuning, and he genuinely wants to help everybody else, and there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how everything went for all those years with no problems. It would help if I had been around for a few years longer.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't stir the pot with zzp, they are the ones starting everthing.. there has been one occurance to where I asked matt a question and he didn't answer for a day or so and started the vs. But most of the time it always starts within zzp.. I don't know why they do or even why we.don't get along.
But I respect them.
They are probably top notch guys.. and I look at.myself as a great person.. I'm just here to help.. no homo..
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned

I started tuning balts one we.got the beta from hptuners. Even with all the issues we had. I wasnt on this site because i didnt own one. I owned a mk3 supra with my 1jz swap. I tuned for a few.shops at the time. But when i purchased my old lsj do to me falling in love with one I tuned , I purchased on and came to this site. As you can see the date. Which is why.....
Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
I don't stir the pot with zzp, they are the ones starting everthing.. there has been one occurance to where I asked matt a question and he didn't answer for a day or so and started the vs. But most of the time it always starts within zzp.. I don't know why they do or even why we.don't get along.
There has been more instances where you have done similar things as well. More importantly, though- it is your attitude that you bring with it. You didn't simply ask me a question. As I have pointed out several times, you went in that thread and started out by saying that our product was flawed and that another product (that doesn't even exist) would "work much better." Then after I responded with solid reasoning why I feel our design does not have the flaw that you claim, you went on to ask me a question, which I answered, but you ignored the answer and kept travelling down your path.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Banned

What a joke. i said I can see 4 working better then one. Which in fact it does exist .. you never answered me until the end. You just stated your customers have it on there cars...:.. anywayss I'm done talking to a fixed wall. No matter what I say to you. You beleive your always right...... My attitude.. look into the mirror buddy, you want respect, give it out. I have even been the better man saying ill end it but noooooo. You have to keep up.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Former Vendor

What a joke. i said I can see 4 working better then one. Which in fact it does exist .. you never answered me until the end. You just stated your customers have it on there cars...:.. anywayss I'm done talking to a fixed wall. No matter what I say to you. You beleive your always right...... My attitude.. look into the mirror buddy, you want respect, give it out. I have even been the better man saying ill end it but noooooo. You have to keep up.
It's a joke? I promptly explained why running 4 injectors rather than one requires specific reference to crank position to work correctly. You ignored it. That's on you. You also continue to change your wording after the fact. In that one, you said "xx would work way better" and also said our kit would have issues which you were purely speculating. Then down the road, you change it to say, "i said I can see 4 working better then one." If you had in fact said it the way that you are claiming, then it would be a different story. However, you didn't. The thread is still there. It's not like we can't go back and read it again. You always seem to think you can just change your wording later to make yourself sound innocent. It doesn't work that way.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 AM

WW3 going on over here man...
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Former Vendor

What really gets me, though, is how if I question the way you did something in your tune, you fly off the handle with "F this", "GTFO", "I don't give an F", etc... I was willing to discuss the injector setup without any insults or cussing. Try it some time.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt. pm me baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

That would work a whole lot better then just one...... And in fact if someone did go this way they'd prob never have a fueling issue.. what kind of stately does it use... The only issue i see with that is the atomization of the fuel since it isnt at a angle the fuel will come together sort of like a dirty Injector

It would "work a whole lot better?" I'm sure you have a lot of experience to back this up.

I have run several different setups on my car. We have posted about them on here as well. Actually, the single injector works better than 4. The reason is that either supports a lot more HP than you can make without, but the single injector comes in smoother. It also eliminates the need for specific injection timing. Depending on the frequency you run the drivers at, running port injection near the cylinder can cause inconsistent fueling from cycle to cycle of the engine. High end fuel controllers that sync with the crank posisiton to avoid this issue cost a lot more money than our fuel controller. Next you have the cost of 4 injectors vs. 1 injector. Then consider the mods to the intake manifold which runs several hundred dollars for a 4 injector system. Then there is the labor involved to remove the intake manifold to modify it or replace it.

With our 5th injector kit, you spend a lot less money and it can be installed quickly and easily without even needing to remove the intake.

...and it works great...

So with me posting this did I say f*** zzp, did I say the injector alone wouldn't work. I stated the 4 would work better then 1. If done correctly. Honestly who cares.

You want to know why i get heated. Check your repost out, personal attacks, first off. And then it gets worse. So why woud I not say Gtfo. All you do is troll around ...

And later on in the thread I said I could see the 4 working better then one.

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 02-20-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Former Vendor

I look at.myself as a great person..
Have you ever thought maybe that might cause some of the issues you run into? I definitely don't look at myself as a great person. I have plenty of areas that could use improvement. When I talk about building cars and tuning, though, I speak of experience, time and money invested, and readily availble resources. I don't spend any time trying to convince others that I am a better person than someone else. I think your tendancy to feel that you are the better person reduces your ability to face the obvious fact that you couldn't possibly know as much about modding the LNF as ZZP does. If you had half of our experience there, we would be in talks with you about coming to work for us or opening up another ZZP location in your area. You would never allow that anyway with your "my way is always better than zzp's way" attitude.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
Have you ever thought maybe that might cause some of the issues you run into? I definitely don't look at myself as a great person. I have plenty of areas that could use improvement. When I talk about building cars and tuning, though, I speak of experience, time and money invested, and readily availble resources. I don't spend any time trying to convince others that I am a better person than someone else. I think your tendancy to feel that you are the better person reduces your ability to face the obvious fact that you couldn't possibly know as much about modding the LNF as ZZP does. If you had half of our experience there, we would be in talks with you about coming to work for us or opening up another ZZP location in your area. You would never allow that anyway with your "my way is always better than zzp's way" attitude.
Just for ***** and giggles this theory will be tested. I'm supplying cars and money to build two cars. And only 2 people will have hands on them that's me and James. I've listen to people sit here and say I can't drive blah blah and James is a ass blah blah. Well I've built more personal cars than most of the site has owned so this isn't a problem. And I will have the money to blow. Just looks like I'm not spending 20 to 30k with one company is all
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

I do look at myself as a great person. I don't use anyone, I help others, I'm here for people when needed. You took "good person" out of context ...

First off I don't say that my ***** better then zzp. Not once did I say that. I mean puttin more words in my mouth gets old bro.

The reason you may have more experience then I is the.fact your a shop. Your comparing kiwi to a whole Apple tree. Do I care that you have more expereince then I ? No Congrats.... The main reason why you and I get into arguments show above... You and your personal attacks to me. If I cared what you thought id open up another shop. And if I was asked by zzp to come work for them is quickly say no.. you may say my loss.. but I see it as a gain.. meaning I won't have to disrespect, slander, give out personal attacks to others.and also dishoner what a shop is...
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Platinum Member

i'll work for you guys...
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Banned

I do have a ton of time with the ecotecs and quite a few.other platforms.. I have experienece everywhere
Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 AM

those tuners don't advertise themselves left and right on a service they provide, i'm not saying james does, but the people he's tuned do. selling parts out of a junkyard is not a service. no big name companies are selling or doing retrofits. and until one of the retro fit vendors complain, no action will be taken. you have good thoughts, but it just doesn't quite fit.
I'm not advertising for him man. I'm just backing up that his tune wasn't the issue.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Platinum Member

i wasn't talking about you.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Former Vendor

I do look at myself as a great person. I don't use anyone, I help others, I'm here for people when needed. You took "good person" out of context ...

First off I don't say that my ***** better then zzp. Not once did I say that. I mean puttin more words in my mouth gets old bro.

The reason you may have more experience then I is the.fact your a shop. Your comparing kiwi to a whole Apple tree. Do I care that you have more expereince then I ? No Congrats.... The main reason why you and I get into arguments show above... You and your personal attacks to me. If I cared what you thought id open up another shop. And if I was asked by zzp to come work for them is quickly say no.. you may say my loss.. but I see it as a gain.. meaning I won't have to disrespect, slander, give out personal attacks to others.and also dishoner what a shop is...
You are something else... You just changed "great person" to "good person" which backs up what I said about how you always change your wording later to make it sound more innocent.

Yes, we are a shop. We are the only shop in the world that invests as much as we do on this platform. We tried to explain why this gives us advantages when tuning an lnf, but you have denied that this difference exists. Now that you have acknowledged that, we can move on.

There are no personal attacks from me to you. I stick to the topic.

meaning I won't have to disrespect, slander, give out personal attacks to others
...but you already do that regularly. Seriously, we are both arguing with each other. Don't try to stop and say, "But it's all their fault! I didn't do anything!" No one is going to buy that.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 AM

i wasn't talking about you.
Aight, lol!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 AM

The question is : When is this going to end ? Who's going to be the bigger man and wrap it up and walk out of here ?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Platinum Member

i say it ends now.