2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: What meth injection should I buy?
Cooling mist
18.97%
Devils Own
63.79%
Other (please list)
17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.

I am at a stalemate as far as this goes. I have been on here researching all day and have narrowed my meth inj. down to Devils Own, or Cooling Mist.

From what I have gathered so far. the cooling mist is cheaper, and is trunk mounted. It is also very easy to install and remove. boost switch (adjustable)
http://coolingmist.com/detailmain.as...dardtrunkmount
However the Devils own kit comes with very good quality parts it seems, (ie: brass check valve) and a progressive controller.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/wat...n-kit-106.html
please tell me what you guys think. im ready to buy but just need a boost in the right derection.

no-one? I added links.

Last edited by widebody_balt_ss; 11-23-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-23-2007, 04:17 PM

HEY MAN YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. i WOULD GO WITH DEVILS OWN.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM

I got my kit from Aquastealth.... besides the faulty boost pressure switch I got everything else has been top notch stuff!

Shur-Flo Pump, nice metal quick connectors for the 1/4" line.... $179.99

But I would say Devils Own outta those two!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:11 PM

thanks for the replys. anyone else? Bump
Old 11-23-2007, 05:21 PM

I have heard some pretty amazing things about devil's own so that is what I would probably end up going with. Always go with what ya kno!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM

^^ thanks for the info.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor

Hello all

Our base kit and cm base kit are within 1 dollar of each other. I would like to think ours is a better deal since it comes with afew extra parts. Just cant' beat the quality of our nickel plated check valve too. We both use Methanol compatible pumps which is the most impartant part of the kit. I would go with who you feel is going to give you the best product and support in the long run.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 PM

I have the Devil's Own methanol kit and it is the second one I have installed personally. I love it. Note if you are going to spray after the blower you will need to buy an electronic solenoid because the vacuum created will pull past the brass check valve. If you spray before the blower, you will be just fine!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:41 PM

I'll be spraying pre blower. also I was just Told by PM that we have a suporting vender that sells a custom kit. just for all of you guys info.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss
I'll be spraying pre blower. also I was just Told by PM that we have a suporting vender that sells a custom kit. just for all of you guys info.
link?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:29 PM

I have not found this in our suporting vendors yet, as soon as i see it i will post a link.

OK put everything together thanks SJ and here are the links

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forced-induction-50/rear-trunk-mounted-all-one-water-alcohol-methanol-injection-systems-cobaltss-82840/

in my opintion this is the best of both worlds from what i can see. to bad its not better hyped. its a trunk mount pluss quality parts, and it has a controler like the devils own.
let me know what yall think.

Last edited by widebody_balt_ss; 11-23-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Former Vendor

alcohol Injection systems is a coolingmist kit thats been re-stickered. We don't let other companys do this to cut down on the confusion.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by devilsown
alcohol Injection systems is a coolingmist kit thats been re-stickered. We don't let other companys do this to cut down on the confusion.
Restickered and prewired and assembled with upgraded parts, actually. They also have a trunkmount kit with a big tank.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:45 PM

My friend has Devil's own and loves it because its high quality and has the progressive contoller. If i had to choose I would go with the Devil's Own.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 PM

when i get mine i will go with devils owns does anyone know how it works with nos
Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 PM

don't have a bottle so can't answer sorry.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have used the cooling mist before. worked flawlessley! I loved it. Had to sell it cause I needed funds. When I get the money, I'll buy that same kit again!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by SJSchafer
Restickered and prewired and assembled with upgraded parts, actually. They also have a trunkmount kit with a big tank.
Thank you, I was going to say the same thing. they are the same parts and what not. however, they are upgraded. and as far as customer service seems like they are great. not that devils own is not. I wish that all of the vendors would join a discusion like devils own has this one. But I think that the trunk mount is a selling point that I cant look past. I have also seen two people already that have gone from snow performance to this kit. So I will make my purchase tomorow. I will also talk to the owner tomorow about a group buy. and whatever kit I end up going with i will try to do a how too and a before/after dyno run.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

when i get the cash together i am thinking about getting a devils own, when i do i will give a review for it here and on my radio show.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 AM

For all those lookin into the Devil's Own kit, check out the pics starting at the last picture in the third row on Page 2 of my Gallery.

https://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/bro...id=2531&page=2
Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
For all those lookin into the Devil's Own kit, check out the pics starting at the last picture in the third row on Page 2 of my Gallery.

https://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/bro...id=2531&page=2
Looks good, how was the install? Also nice pics of the CTI header, how do you like it?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:17 AM

I'm meticulous so the install took a few hours. Love the CTI header.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by devilsown
Hello all

Our base kit and cm base kit are within 1 dollar of each other. I would like to think ours is a better deal since it comes with afew extra parts. Just cant' beat the quality of our nickel plated check valve too. We both use Methanol compatible pumps which is the most impartant part of the kit. I would go with who you feel is going to give you the best product and support in the long run.
Hey guys How does your kit compare to the one from AIS (Alcohol Injection Systems)? And does your kit come with instructions for install specifically for the cobalt ss?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss
I have not found this in our suporting vendors yet, as soon as i see it i will post a link.

OK put everything together thanks SJ and here are the links

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82840

in my opintion this is the best of both worlds from what i can see. to bad its not better hyped. its a trunk mount pluss quality parts, and it has a controler like the devils own.
let me know what yall think.
Were actually better know in the Corvette, Mustang and Drag Racing industry working with everything from 1500+ horsepower racing applications to normal daily driven hot rods. We only recently began advertising on the Cobalt forum as we have had more and more customers with the supercharged Cobalts requesting systems.

We work closely and exclusively with CoolngMist marketing their products under our name custimizing the systems for our customer applications. It's important to note that we tested and evaluated all the major water methanol injection systems on the market before settling with the CoolingMist product.

What defines and separates a water methanol injection system from another is its controller and the quality of components used through out the system. These are by far the most advanced and versatile controllers on the market with more features built into them then any other competitors controller on the market.

With one controller you can run it on anything from a naturally aspirated vehicle to a turbocharged/supercharged gasoline or diesel application regardless if it's carbureted or EFI. One controller does it all!

Compare for yourself and see the difference.
  • 100% digital processor for lighting fast response
  • Quick, easy to use adjustment knobs
  • The only controller which allows you the ability to manually adjust and change the start pressure, max pressure and curve of the system.
  • Heavy-duty metal housing protecting the controllers CPU. Not plastic like other competitors controller.
  • Greater range of adjustment then any other controller on the market with the ability to run true 2d Map using MAP, MAF, TPS, EGT or AIT in addition to Boost.
  • Built in boost port for carbureted or EFI users who want to run a mechanical boost signal
  • Built in serial port for connecting laptop for enhanced tuning features such as running multiple inputs (2d mapping) at once, data logging, saving and locking your settings.
  • The only controller which allows you to use any of the following signals; Mechanical boost signal, EGT, TPS, MAP, Mass Air Meter, AIT, ACT or any other 0-5 volt sensor on your engine to base mapping of off.
  • The only controller with a built in data logger allowing you to record and review the input signals being ran into the controller. Perfect for those who want to review the systems performance during a racing event, towing, normal daily driving, Etc.
  • Built in status monitor which not only indicates when the system is activated but also performs a system function check everytime you turn your car on indicating the systems CPU is operating properly.
  • The only controller which comes with free Windows based software
  • Unlike the competitors "kits" our "systems" come pre-wired, tested & ready to go ensuring you will not only receive a fully functional system but also saving you the troubles of wiring the system yourself and potentially making a mistake and damaging the controller.

Now available Stainless Steel Hose Assemblies

For those that want the best quality fluid hose we now offer fully assembled stainless steel hose assemblies (swivel fittings already swedged on) replacing the plastic fluid line. Whether you want that added appeal of a stainless steel hose or simply want a better quality hose that will last you a life time upgrade to our stainless steel hose with any order.

When running 70% or more of alcohol we highly recommend using a stainless steel line for safety reasons as this is a flamable liquid and should be treated as such.

If you have any other questions about our water alcohol injection system feel free to post them here or email us directly at info@alcoholinjectionsystems.com

Let us know how we can help.

Here are a few pictures of our controller below. We used an actual brush aluminum panel overlay with the ink protected under a thin layer of glass to prevent it from being worn off. This is the same quality panel overlay used in aircraft. It’s extremely durable and very attractive at the same time.

Let us know what you guys think.

Last edited by AIS; 11-25-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor

2K5SS/SC? Nice install. How much extra power you make?

Originally Posted by stryder
Hey guys How does your kit compare to the one from AIS (Alcohol Injection Systems)? And does your kit come with instructions for install specifically for the cobalt ss?
Yes, our kit comes with specif instructions. I am not going to get into a our part is better than x part. We do believe you will not go wrong with us. We been in countless magazines, quite afew cars that have been in pri and sema displays. Since i am not a vendor on here only so much i can say. I asked jonnyb about becoming a vendor afew weeks ago but never responded to me But if you have any questions about alcohol injection don't be afraid to ask.

Quick Reply: Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.