2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you email me the results matt? i'm probably more curious than anyone haha.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF! Seriously can't post results?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 PM

Nope, but from the sounds of it the gains were somewhere around 15-20whp.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if it's just 15-20 I wonder what the power band is with this wheel if it can flow a lot berry up tyuio that the stock wheel it would be a great lil upgrade

*better up top* stupid swype

Last edited by FF_ace; 02-04-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM

So it made something between 6 and 40 hp. It would appears to be a lot more than 6 hp, but a lot less than 40 hp. I concur, 15-20 hp is probably reasonable. Since this is basically another K04+ that seems logical.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 PM

15 -20 is pretty damn good for 400 bux .. still wish they had a 2871 compressor wheel it wouldnt be a bad idea for them.. unless I'm wrong the BB and JB versions of it dont use different wheels just different CHRA
Old 02-04-2012, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
15 -20 is pretty damn good for 400 bux .. still wish they had a 2871 compressor wheel it wouldnt be a bad idea for them.. unless I'm wrong the BB and JB versions of it dont use different wheels just different CHRA
this.

a 20whp gain for $400 is a pretty good deal IMO.... also top end could be much better than stock k04.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
I sent the results of our testing to Bullseye.

I don't know what you guys are looking for, but skimming through this thread, it appears that most are not being very realistic. We are talking about taking a turbo that already makes more power than you would ever expect based on the wheel sizes, and then swapping to a different compressor wheel of the same size and expecting to pick up 40 whp. That just is not going to happen. Personally, I was expecting to see gains of around 4-6whp, but it did a lot better than that, which is impressive.
Hi Matt. I don't think anyone was honestly expecting a 40whp increase but I know personally I expected to see around 15-20whp based on platforms that this technology has been used on.

Since it seems you can tell us exactly what the numbers were, can you tell us what they weren't? Where they more than 20whp? Where they more than 25whp? Where they more than 15whp?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Uh, yeah we've got those dyno numbers you've been waiting for for months. Didn't you know? Oh, but we can't post the results, so we're just gonna leave you hanging.

^THIS IS BUSCH LEAGUE^

Want MOAR info!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
this.

a 20whp gain for $400 is a pretty good deal IMO.... also top end could be much better than stock k04.
anyone that complains about 15-20whp for 400 bux should be shot.. lol just saying.. people buy catbacks and they only do 2-5 whp and they're more expensive lol
Old 02-04-2012, 09:48 PM

Is ZZP planning on carrying the wheel in there product line for upgrade at the same price?

Unless ZZP was a vendor for my products, there is no way I'm sending a possible "cheap" turbo wheel upgrade to a well known vendor of the platform for testing, who also has there own product line of aftermarket turbo kits and then trusting the results.

I'm not saying ZZP would skew the numbers (I haven't even looked to see if ZZP carries any of there product line) , but you would be surprised at how many vendors would try to skew results so they could promote there own products that they have spent R&D time on.

Interested for results.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RiskyRick
Uh, yeah we've got those dyno numbers you've been waiting for for months. Didn't you know? Oh, but we can't post the results, so we're just gonna leave you hanging.

^THIS IS BUSCH LEAGUE^

Want MOAR info!
We were asked to dyno this, so we did. It's not really my place to start spreading that information around the internet, unless I was told that it's ok to do so. FWIW, we have dyno tested prototype turbos for a few different manufacturers. Typically we are required to agree to only share the data with the manufacturer.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Is ZZP planning on carrying the wheel in there product line for upgrade at the same price?

Unless ZZP was a vendor for my products, there is no way I'm sending a possible "cheap" turbo wheel upgrade to a well known vendor of the platform for testing, who also has there own product line of aftermarket turbo kits and then trusting the results.

I'm not saying ZZP would skew the numbers (I haven't even looked to see if ZZP carries any of there product line) , but you would be surprised at how many vendors would try to skew results so they could promote there own products that they have spent R&D time on.

Interested for results.
It sounds like you don't know ZZP very well. We don't skew numbers for anyone. Besides, we are only about an hour away from Bullseye and we use their turbos in our LNF, LSJ, and LE5 turbo kits, as well as some of our 3800 kits. They also come and dyno here regularly. We would not gain anything by harming their business. Furthermore, if we picked up 40whp with this wheel, we would just order 50 of them and have the best price around.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Premium Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It sounds like you don't know ZZP very well. We don't skew numbers for anyone. Besides, we are only about an hour away from Bullseye and we use their turbos in our LNF, LSJ, and LE5 turbo kits, as well as some of our 3800 kits. They also come and dyno here regularly. We would not gain anything by harming their business. Furthermore, if we picked up 40whp with this wheel, we would just order 50 of them and have the best price around.

Well Said
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Im curious as **** to find out what your dyno result will be Matt.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 AM

Matt, I think some of the guys above were talking more about you stealing the design. I doubt you guys would do that, and I didnt think you guys had that sort of machining ability to be able to make them.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Platinum Member

^^^ exactly what i was going to say. HHR, Bullseye makes the turbos that zzp sell in their kits. zzp doesn't make the turbos, just the kits. if they were to sell this wheel it would be just like the turbo kits. it's not their product, but they would more than likely offer it as a core charge and buy a ko4 with this already installed and send you're turbo back in return. BEP makes it, zzp makes it more easily available to the market.

but contrary to what some people think, i guess judging by my signature and my car, i do not speak on behalf of zzp or it's employees. what they do with this is up to them, i just kept seeing bullseye time and time again out perform other cast and billet wheels(even there own) with these new batmowheels. i presented them with the idea of possibly making a set of single batmowheel wheels as a replacement for the Ko4s. instead of spending the money for a turbo swap or a ko4+, you could instead buy this wheel with supporting mods and make enough power to keep you, and your wallet happy.

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth

Interested for results.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Leafydialupking
Matt, I think some of the guys above were talking more about you stealing the design. I doubt you guys would do that, and I didnt think you guys had that sort of machining ability to be able to make them.
we're talking about ZZP here, not the other vendor whose abbrevation that ends in P..... and starts with OTT.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Leafydialupking
Correct, we don't have a cnc capable of machining compressor wheels yet. If we wanted to manufacture something like these, we would go through Bullseye, anyway.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Results...
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by iLikeBoost
Results...
A week or two won't kill ya...
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member

probably won't be a week or two. all testing is done, they are discussing things over with bullseye now. whether or not people will buy. whether or not its worth the time and labor to produce these with possibly limited sales vs keep producing other wheels that sell and sell and sell.

its not just a new part coming in to the market, its a business decision. but matt felt that since i brought this in to the cobalt world that i should be aware of the results. if i drove an lnf i would buy it.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
probably won't be a week or two. all testing is done, they are discussing things over with bullseye now. whether or not people will buy. whether or not its worth the time and labor to produce these with possibly limited sales vs keep producing other wheels that sell and sell and sell.

its not just a new part coming in to the market, its a business decision. but matt felt that since i brought this in to the cobalt world that i should be aware of the results. if i drove an lnf i would buy it.
I being gracious, lol.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921

F.uckin eh! Well get your week or two long tea party going, i understand that for business ZZP needs to discuss things but with all testing done........you cant share? WTF? Even if zzp doesnt carry them im guessing the BP will still make a few to sell. Witholding results just makes me wonder if results were not satisfying enough to even post.

EDIT. no cussing people out, even in spanish.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 02-05-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 40rty
F.uckin eh! Well get your week or two long tea party going, i understand that for business ZZP needs to discuss things but with all testing done........you cant share? WTF? Even if zzp doesnt carry them im guessing the BP will still make a few to sell. Witholding results just makes me wonder if results were not satisfying enough to even post.

Sea la ****.in madre esta gente! Ya me tienen un lado seco con la misma mierda de siempre.
week or two long tea party?? hmmm, cause i'm pretty sure i said it probably won't be a week or two

for all the trolling that you've done in this thread, you seem to suddenly care a lot.. and i guess you didn't read my post where i said "if i drove an lnf i would buy it"

i've bolded two things in your quote. the first one explains whe the second one is happening..

Quick Reply: Bullseye Power Batmowheel for Ko4