2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

HHR SS finally lowered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 08:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
HHR SS finally lowered!

Well it has been a while since I've been on here but long story short sold the LSJ a couple years back for a tC..scion tC that is

I needed to lay low for a while since I blew the motor a handful of times haha. So I blew a huge hole through the block and crankcase on the tC and went with a fully built one. So much for laying low right? Ran her for a while and while it was quick I decided to boost it then ran it at 7 psi for a while then sold her.

I ended up with a 08 TBSS and picked up a 04 vette with the old lady and decided I needed something so I found a 08 HHR SS with 48K and one owner.

So far up until yesterday all I had for mods were ZZP 3" catted downpipe and OBX muffler which held up for 2 NY winters so far! I decided to get a K&N drop in filter, Forge BPV, KYB Excel-G Struts and shocks and went with Tein lowering springs since well..no one really has that set up and I wanted to be different. So far everything is installed besides the BPV and if course tune but back to the reason I made this thread!

The KYB set up is surprisingly equal to the FE5 if not better..I was VERY skeptic on them but they are great for the price and I am not complaining. I also ordered new mounts, bearings, and hardware for the struts.

The Tein spings are for the Cobalt so the drop on the HHR is a pretty nice drop, not slammed but you can tell she's dropped. The ride in all is pretty stiff but surprisingly forgiving for a lowered car and she hugs the road better than the FE5 set up in my opinion.

I ordered the KYB's, Teins, Mounts, Downpipe from ZZP who were very helpful with making my decisions and definitely love to support the vendors whenever I can.

In closing I am very satisfied with the KYB's and Teins. I'll hop on in a month or so after everything settles in and give my final verdict..also bc I am waiting to get an alignment so I can put my new tires on..but am contemplating getting new wheels..sigh first world issues.

Stock Suspension [FE5]

KYB Excel-G w/ Tein Springs.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Nice! Welcome back to the ecotec world. If you want to get more serious look up Lnf wagon on here. He has a pretty nice hhr setup.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Nice! Welcome back to the ecotec world. If you want to get more serious look up Lnf wagon on here. He has a pretty nice hhr setup.
Thanks already had to replace both wheel hubs, end links, all round pad and rotors, and just did fuel lines. Damn salt. I am tagging up the inside of the doors with undercoat and getting a rattle can made up to prevent more rust. It took a beating this year.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:12 PM

Anyone know anyone around the Rochester, NY area with HPT that has tuned a LNF?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
hhr ss look sexy lowered.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
hhr ss look sexy lowered.
Thanks alot. I was hesitant due to it being my d.d. and living in NY where the winters are . But that's what the TBSS is for..that is only if the lady isn't working late and I am not working my 2nd job so we can carpool haha.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by ionRL_585
Anyone know anyone around the Rochester, NY area with HPT that has tuned a LNF?
If you have hp tuners you could do a remote tune. A few guys on here are some of the best Lnf tuners in the US and Canada
Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 PM

If you have hp tuners you could do a remote tune. A few guys on here are some of the best Lnf tuners in the US and Canada
That was the plan haha. All the money went into replacing broken things started with wheel hubs and end links then moved onto cv shafts, pads and rotors, brackets for the rears since I didn't feel like dealing with the stuck sliders. Plus all new hardware.

The suspension was replaced just as a precaution since I did the shaft and it was halfway out.

Then after I fixed all those not even the next day the fuel lines rotted out. Gah! Ended up paying the stealership to replace both lines so I didn't go crazy!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by ionRL_585
That was the plan haha. All the money went into replacing broken things started with wheel hubs and end links then moved onto cv shafts, pads and rotors, brackets for the rears since I didn't feel like dealing with the stuck sliders. Plus all new hardware. The suspension was replaced just as a precaution since I did the shaft and it was halfway out. Then after I fixed all those not even the next day the fuel lines rotted out. Gah! Ended up paying the stealership to replace both lines so I didn't go crazy!
The rusted fuel lines are becoming more normal. I might want to check mine. Some are just splicing high pressure hose in where they are rusted.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 PM

The rusted fuel lines are becoming more normal. I might want to check mine. Some are just splicing high pressure hose in where they are rusted.
Yeah I know but I just wanted ease of mind. So now basically all I really have left to worry about is saving up for a built motor and tranny for when the inevitable happens. .that is once I upgrade to brembos and hopefully upgraded shafts too. I will be taking extra precautions next winter cause this thing is showing corrosion signs very quickly. .