2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.
View Poll Results: BNR Stage 3 RBOV Selection
QR
100.00%
Alpha Q
0%
Other - Please include info
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Recirculating BOV for BNR Stage 3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recirculating BOV for BNR Stage 3 Build

Ok so I am going to order my parts for the new BNR stage 3 and was wondering if anyone has used a recirculating BOV successfully . I was wanting to vent the pressure back into the intake system do to the fact the BNR is almost like the stock turbo and would keep things a lot easier..

Spring rate Suggestions are also a great help...

BNR says:

I had a custom stainless wastegate bracket drawn up to fit a Garrett universal actuator on the BNR LNF stage 2 and 3 units. The stock crack pressure on the factory LNF turbo is around 7 psi. If you have boost drop happening up in the top RPM, the stock actuator is part of the problem (other problem is the turbine wheel which is taken care of in the upgrade line up).

There are 2 actuators of choice. .5 bar- 1.0 bar (7.35 psi-14.7 psi) base pressure and then 1.0 bar- 2 bar (14.7-29.4 psi) base pressure. Typically most people choose the 1 bar and set it to 1 bar then use a boost controller or solenoid to up the boost beyond the base set pressure.
I am doing the GT28 Hybrid stage III 2871 wheel with the 1 bar

Tial has 2 options QR or Alpha Q TiAL Sport.com

QR Spring

Engine Vacuum Reading / Color Use Spring
Between:
- 22 and -23 in/Hg -12 Psi (-24 in/Hg )
- 20 and -21 in/Hg Pink -11 Psi (-22 in/Hg )
- 16 and -19 in/Hg Un-painted -10 Psi (-20 in/Hg )
- 12 and -15 in/Hg White -8 Psi (-16 in/Hg )
- 8 and -11 in/Hg Black -6 Psi (-12 in/Hg )

Alpha Q

Engine Vacuum Reading / Color Use Spring
Between:
- 22 and -23 in/Hg Pink -12 Psi (-24 in/Hg )
-18 and -21 in/Hg Un-painted -11 Psi (-22 in/Hg )
- 14 and -17 in/Hg White -9 Psi (-18 in/Hg )
-10 and -13 in/Hg Black -7 Psi (-14 in/Hg )

OK so these are my options now what spring and what BOV should I try or if any one has gotten these to work or not work please chime in I need to order this stuff now..

Build includes:

2871 Stage 3 w/ 1 bar
Tial RBOV ???
Trifecta/HP Hybrid tune with stage1 Sensors
Terminator will be helping with tuning

Thank You !!!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi,

IMO I think you should ditch the Tial and go with a HKS or Synapse Synchronic for recirculating.

They both take a whole lot less guess work. I am currently trying to help another member in another thread fine tune his Tial and he isn't having great success.

You are going to get a tune anyways so I would suggest going with a blow-through MAF sensor
set-up I believe ZZP sells a kit for the price is about 275 ish.

Also if you go with the blow-through set-up you can vent to atmosphere if you wish. And you can ditch the factory intake tube and just put a filter directly on the turbo.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redcomet303
hi,

IMO I think you should ditch the Tial and go with a HKS or Synapse Synchronic for recirculating.

They both take a whole lot less guess work. I am currently trying to help another member in another thread fine tune his Tial and he isn't having great success.

You are going to get a tune anyways so I would suggest going with a blow-through MAF sensor
set-up I believe ZZP sells a kit for the price is about 275 ish.

Also if you go with the blow-through set-up you can vent to atmosphere if you wish. And you can ditch the factory intake tube and just put a filter directly on the turbo.
Thanks for the input was wondering about the MAF relocate..

Getting rid of the CIA cai I have would be a real blessing ... I will check out that synapse version ..

Still trying to figure out if it costs x amount of dollars to get the car in a condition to run an upgraded turbo. Why not just buy an entire kit , this BNR stuff just isn't adding up .

BRN stage 3 with no core exchange roughly 1600 + 2100 in extra stuff not including the other upgrades already installed in the car. I know most people have some of this stuff but still..

Thats 2100$ bones just to make this thing work and I don't even know if it is going to work.. No gurantees or money back policy . We are just supposed to trust that it will work even tho our cars are DI and a tuning nightmare.

Grand total of 3700 dollars. Other kits with proven results are a lot less and have way more R&D in them..

All I am saying is that the first few people to install it should get a Beta tester price for spending all the extra time effort and money to get this thing showing its max potential.

Well see , off to synapse .
Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zzp kits is win

thanks for doing this I am hear with u on the build I would like to know how it goes

AND WHAT IT COSTS!