2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP Clutch rod install...Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K, got the elbow off, see the nipple there on the clutch... Umm now what lol.

Everything looks ok to me.

Pics?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:54 PM

k, so now if I put the line back on the master cylinder and tape up the end that is suppose to go to the transmission it build pressure and fluid comes through.
When I put the line back on the transmission and pump starts to sound like air going through again and see no fluid leaking.

So.... H E L P ! ! !

Please.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Attached Thumbnails pc260005.jpg   pc260018.jpg   pc260021.jpg   pc260023.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:55 PM

H
e
l
p
!
!
!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:27 PM

Ok, so got fluid pumping through. Going right out the bottom of the transmission.
I'd guess the idiots didn't put a gasket in when they put the transmission back together or cracked it, or something. Fluid just poring out.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
the distribution block is good, the seals are good as well. Fluids out the bottom hate to say it, thats the throw out bearing. or the pipe that threads into to the bearing. u b screwed x 2 sorry. I have new tob and clutch pope here if I overnight to you tomorrow its 5 hours re and re to put it in So sorry I see it way too much happening to peeps, it has never happened to me as I ALWAYS put in new each time no matter how painful it gets...(never say never new parts could be wrong) I will pm my cell toyou if you need to text me tomorrow
Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nutty21.......i hate this for you especially given the specific situation. i hope you can get everything taken care of

powell.........you have done everythig you can short of driving to this guy and you are the only site member who has tried to help him. i just want to say that speaks volumes for you as a person and a business/vendor. a+++++ man

........and you are going to send him a new tow hook. i can not wait to do business with you.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
the distribution block is good, the seals are good as well. Fluids out the bottom hate to say it, thats the throw out bearing. or the pipe that threads into to the bearing. u b screwed x 2 sorry. I have new tob and clutch pope here if I overnight to you tomorrow its 5 hours re and re to put it in So sorry I see it way too much happening to peeps, it has never happened to me as I ALWAYS put in new each time no matter how painful it gets...(never say never new parts could be wrong) I will pm my cell toyou if you need to text me tomorrow
So they installed a new throw out bearing when they did the install, so what most likely did they do to screw it up?

Good to know that's what you think it is. Your most likely right then.
I finally got one of them on the phone and he guessed the slave cylinder, but again, he said he didn't really know and was just a guess. So far they haven't been very good at guessing, even with the car right there in front of them. I've been able to figure out more with the car then they did, and this is all my first time...

Good news is I have the original throw out bearing so as long as they don't screw that one up as well....

Not liking this place. Recommending everyone run from Ford Tusket.... If you ever find yourself in southern NS never go there.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS
nutty21.......i hate this for you especially given the specific situation. i hope you can get everything taken care of

powell.........you have done everythig you can short of driving to this guy and you are the only site member who has tried to help him. i just want to say that speaks volumes for you as a person and a business/vendor. a+++++ man

........and you are going to send him a new tow hook. i can not wait to do business with you.
Yes, I have been blown away with the help he has been giving me and the customer service from both he and Gloria. Very rare to see the customer service I have received from them in this day and age from any kind of company. From now on any part I need, if they got it, I'm buying it for sure.

Thanks again.

P.S. for everyone John actually referred me to over the top once via PM to buy a part that he was low on stock on, and knew OTT had a sale on the part at the time also. Mean while I had a thread for recommendations on the part.
OTT came in and bashed Powell Racing's... Was going to mention it then, but that stuck with me. Then the one decision I did make after that was that I wasn't going to buy from OTT. Took them right out of the running.

Last edited by nutty21; 12-26-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:33 PM

Perhaps they put an old LSJ slave in it or a chinee special and it **** the bed. John and Gloria are indeed the best. Hope you get it all sorted out.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Iam Broke
Perhaps they put an old LSJ slave in it or a chinee special and it **** the bed. John and Gloria are indeed the best. Hope you get it all sorted out.
Not sure. They think now that it MAY be the slave cylinder, after finally getting another one of them on the phone. I'd agree with John in that it is most likely the throw out bearing, because I had them install a new ZZP throw out bearing that I had bought with the clutch.
THey most likely screwed up installing it some how.
Not sure how, or what damage they most likely done.
Would be nice to know before I have to talk to them in the morning.
They dont' know what they are doing so would be nice to point them in the right direction anyway.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:26 PM

ok, so while I have this apart...
I now have the master cylinder here in my hand with the master cylinder rod still in it.
Mine also didn't pop out from the master cylinder when I pulled the clutch.

How can I get this rod out of the master cylinder?

I tried putting it in a bench vice and pulling up on it, but I almost pulled the bench right apart...
There has to be some trick to this.

I don't want to pry it out and damage the plastic master cylinder .
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 PM

HA HA, got it.

Bench vice + crowbar = cake

Put the master cylinder rod down into the bench vice just leaving a little room between the master cylinder and the top of the bench vice. Stuck the crowbar forked (not sure what else to call that side. Looks like the side of the hammer you pull nails up with) under the master cylinder and pushed down on the crowbar prying the master cylinder upward and POP! off came the master cylinder from the master cylinder rod. Cake.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by nutty21
HA HA, got it.

put the master cylinder rod down into the bench vice just leaving a little room between the master cylinder and the top of the bench vice. Stuck the crowbar forked (not sure what else to call that side. Looks like the side of the hammer you pull nails up with) under the master cylinder and pushed down on the crowbar forcing the master cylinder up and POP! off came the master cylinder from the master cylinder rod. Cake.
well now fix the damn thing
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
F'n A man... You guys are gonna be getting my business for sure. That's pay it forward like no else right there.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 AM

HA HA, got it.

Put the master cylinder rod down into the bench vice just leaving a little room between the master cylinder and the top of the bench vice. Stuck the crowbar forked (not sure what else to call that side. Looks like the side of the hammer you pull nails up with) under the master cylinder and pushed down on the crowbar prying the master cylinder upward and POP! off came the master cylinder from the master cylinder rod. Cake.
Make sure all the 'fingers' that grab the clutch rod ball in the socket are still intact after you popped the rod out. I broke one f'in with mine & had to replace the clutch master.

Like John said earlier in the thread, the rod isn't really needed if the clutch is bled properly. Make sure you start out as short as it will go so you don't overextend the master or pop it through the firewall.

I took the rod out of mine after replacing the master & bleeding the clutch. I didn't need it with a SPEC Stage 2+ & LW flywheel.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:22 PM

So took the car to the mechanic an they broke the plastic on the master cylinder that holds it in the firewall.

Then they said that the ZZP master cylinder rod was too short, and they wouldn't put it in the new master cylinder they got.

Then after they got that pumping and could see as I told them that the fluid is coming right out the bottom of the transmission they think it is the throw out bearing which they said is the same thing as the slave cylinder. They think that the issue is ZZP's throw out bearing, and not something they did, and want to put the old one back in, and said they may even have to put the old clutch back in.

ZZP if you are here I could really use your help here. I paid 0ver $900 to get this all installed, then they screwed that up, had to pay for a tow truck, then have a feeling they are going to charge me for a new master cylinder and over $1000 for the work today and they are going to try to blame it all on ZZP after market parts not working with this model car...
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM

So took the car to the mechanic an they broke the plastic on the master cylinder that holds it in the firewall.

Then they said that the ZZP master cylinder rod was too short, and they wouldn't put it in the new master cylinder they got.

Then after they got that pumping and could see as I told them that the fluid is coming right out the bottom of the transmission they think it is the throw out bearing which they said is the same thing as the slave cylinder. They think that the issue is ZZP's throw out bearing, and not something they did, and want to put the old one back in, and said they may even have to put the old clutch back in.

ZZP if you are here I could really use your help here. I paid 0ver $900 to get this all installed, then they screwed that up, had to pay for a tow truck, then have a feeling they are going to charge me for a new master cylinder and over $1000 for the work today and they are going to try to blame it all on ZZP after market parts not working with this model car...
sounds like they're trying to give you the dicksandwhich for thier fuckup
Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
the zzp tob is an LNF tob afaik. You have no choice but to put the old tob back in as your new one is apparently screwed, and if the clutch was not bad that you took out, on an LNF (if it was my car) I would go totally OEM Bone stock tob clutch flywheel etc, unless u are drag racing. ZZP know drag racing better than anyone with Cobalts, they would no knowingly t ship you defective parts. It is possible ( I said in an earlier pos)t, that a TOB can be defective, it just has never happened to me.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Iam Broke
Like John said earlier in the thread, the rod isn't really needed if the clutch is bled properly.
The main benefit of our clutch rod is the added strength. Stock clutch rods can bend when you run an aftermarket clutch. The adjustability is also nice for fine tuning.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor

It's adjustable. Why wouldn't they just make it longer if they thought it was too short?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor

Our TOB is a GM LNF unit as John said. It is possible that it was defective, but more likely that something was done to cause it to fail. Either way, it still needs to be replaced. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but this is an old thread. I wouldn't think it was a request for customer service. That's why we answer emails every day.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
Our TOB is a GM LNF unit as John said. It is possible that it was defective, but more likely that something was done to cause it to fail. Either way, it still needs to be replaced. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but this is an old thread. I wouldn't think it was a request for customer service. That's why we answer emails every day.
I don't know. I'm stuck paying for the cost of taking the throw out bearing back out and replacing it as they said it was defective, but I don't know if they screwed something up or if it was defective. If it was defective then what as far of the price?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor

If it was defective then what as far of the price?
Sorry, I didn't follow what you are asking there.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Matt M
Sorry, I didn't follow what you are asking there.
If you guys gave me a defective part that caused all these issues and the transmission had to be taken back a part and put back together to replace the defective part you sent, then who covers the cost of that?

Also what now with the defecting throw out bearing?

Quick Reply: ZZP Clutch rod install...Help please!