2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP Clutch rod install...Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my guess... They'll send you a new one and an apology but thats about it. Don't expect them to cover anything outside of that. I know thats not what you want to hear but thats how it usually goes.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frogstofall
Here's my guess... They'll send you a new one and an apology but thats about it. Don't expect them to cover anything outside of that. I know thats not what you want to hear but thats how it usually goes.
Yeah that is right. Not really lucking that at all. It ends up being a very expensive defective part for me having to pay for the part, the shipping and a days worth of labor extra for a mechanic, all because I was sent a defective part.

Also I had no idea the ZZP throw out bearing was just a stock throw out bearing. When you go on the website and select to buy a clutch for the LNF, and choose the option to have a throw out bearing included it says that it is an "Upgraded Throw Out Bearing". If it's stock then how is it upgraded? That was the reason I got it is because I thought it was suppose to be an upgrade to the stock one, and figure while in roam why not get that replaced while the transmission is apart. Now because of this defective part I'm out a lot of money.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM

Well before you jump to conclusions, you need to find out for sure if it's defective. I highly doubt it is. It was probably your idiot mechanics fault and he tried to find something to blame to keep from you tearing him a new one.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nutty21
If you guys gave me a defective part that caused all these issues and the transmission had to be taken back a part and put back together to replace the defective part you sent, then who covers the cost of that?

Also what now with the defecting throw out bearing?
As I stated earlier, if the TOB is broke, it is more likely that something was done to cause the failure rather than it being bad right out of the box. However, that doesn't mean we won't work with you to figure out what happened and what can be done to help the situation. In many cases, we go above and beyond our standard warranty policy. However, what we will not do is take the word of a shop that seems to have no idea what they are doing and start sending money to the customer until his car is in proper working order. If your install was done here, we would cover everything. You would have had your car back several days ago, even if we did have to replace the TOB a second time. A shop that can't offer the same is probably not qualified to take on the job to begin with.

Last edited by Matt M; 12-28-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Ya Nutty we are all trying to help here, and 4 sure the throwout bearing is upgraded, but thats if you have an LSJ and it was first put out there as an "upgraded" TOB because it was. If you have an LNF its not.

YOu simply have to wait until you see whats wrong before you jump in all over ZZP for a "defective part" even if it is, the trouble you have had based on your reports is substandard technicians.

So keep the faith and let us know how we can help, just like Matt is saying and all will work out.

When do you leave for Belfast, so we can send you another tow hook plate for your rear one, to Nova Scotia ? Or Belfast need addy? cheers
Old 12-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
As I stated earlier, if the TOB is broke, it is more likely that something was done to cause the failure rather than it being bad right out of the box. However, that doesn't mean we won't work with you to figure out what happened and what can be done to help the situation. In many cases, we go above and beyond our standard warranty policy. However, what we will not do is take the word of a shop that seems to have no idea what they are doing and start sending money to the customer until his car is in proper working order. If your install was done here, we would cover everything. You would have had your car back several days ago, even if we did have to replace the TOB a second time. A shop that can't offer the same is probably not qualified to take on the job to begin with.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the mechanics at fall, but right now I'm stuck inbetween and having to pay hefty bill for it all. Right now the messed up throw out bearing is in a container ship on it's way to Belfast, but perhaps I can send it to you when I get over there and you guys can help figure out if it is a bad part, or bad mechanic. If it is the mechanic I would need help proving that to them, which as far as I seen from them they feel they could never do anything wrong, even though they already have throughout this process...

SO when I got the car back with the old throwout bearing back in it engaged at a better point then the first time I got it back, but then today it started to engage with the clutch peddle just a hair from being all the way out. If this is normal, which I heard this may be the case then that's why I bought the adjustable rod, which they couldn't figure out how to get in there, and said it was too short, even after arguing with them about it....

This has been a very bad, expensive and stressful situation.
I'm not sure if it's a bad part I was sold, or a bad mechanic that did the install, but right now I'm stuck paying a rather large bill and have gone through a lot trying to get this broken down car back and forth and up and running before it needed to leave for Ireland.

Just seems unfair I have to pay for something that I'm not responsible for. It was ether a bad part or bad mechanic, but unfortunately I can't prove ether myself.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Ya Nutty we are all trying to help here, and 4 sure the throwout bearing is upgraded, but thats if you have an LSJ and it was first put out there as an "upgraded" TOB because it was. If you have an LNF its not.

YOu simply have to wait until you see whats wrong before you jump in all over ZZP for a "defective part" even if it is, the trouble you have had based on your reports is substandard technicians.

So keep the faith and let us know how we can help, just like Matt is saying and all will work out.

When do you leave for Belfast, so we can send you another tow hook plate for your rear one, to Nova Scotia ? Or Belfast need addy? cheers
Yeah it's an LNF, that's why I'm still a little confused why I select the LNF clutch and then it gives the option of an "upgraded" throwout bearing, but it's just a stock throw out bearing. The reason I decided to include the optional throw out bearing was only because it said it was an upgraded bearing.

I've also been dealing with Turbo Tim from ZZP via email, but he had said that I'm own my own and as far as the defective part goes it's just between me and GM and ZZP won't do anything.

I don't know this has all just been very stressful and I defiantly am not ruling out the mechanics being the issue, but I'm looking for some help proving one way or the other which I can't do on my own.

I honestly have too bad of luck for faith lol. The only good thing that has happened to me in the last month is you offering me a tow hook.

This move to Belfast has been horrible.

The car is only the tip of the iceberg. My work was bought out by another company and I had a signed agreement for my move. Everything was all approved and the move was already well underway before the company was bought out.
Now this new company are basically ignoring the signed agreement I had, that they even emailed me stating they'd honor.
I had a set amount agreed upon for the move to do with what I will. It was to ship my stuff, and plane tickets. Plus I was to have a paid hotel for 30 days to find a place when I got there.
They said after I booked a container ship that I couldn't send my car and had to use what ever way they had for me to send my stuff.
Then I talked to them and then they told me I could take the car and my stuff on the container ship.
Now after the container has already been loaded they are telling me they are cutting the amount we agreed upon down to less then 1/7th of what it was...
The 30 days hotel has to now be a company approved hotel, and only 11 days...

I have two parrots, so I found a place all before this that would allow myself and the parrots to stay, and I need to stay there for 30 days to quarantine them... They are not allowed to be moved...

Everything has just been going horribly wrong with everything. Non stop.

Last edited by nutty21; 12-28-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:20 PM

Lemme tell ya... Usually when you go through something like this, something else REALLY good happens. Keep your head up man, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with everything. Please keep us posted.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
Lemme tell ya... Usually when you go through something like this, something else REALLY good happens. Keep your head up man, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with everything. Please keep us posted.
Will do.

Thnx man
Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
glad it got sorted out, sorry for all your troubles, it will work out.

Re clutch engage point: I am dead set sure that you do not need an adjustable clutch rod, as the clutch lining burnishes and while it starts brand new with a very low release point; it then moves up after a very few launches.

So it is now high. adjust the rod as you have it, so that it engages where you want it. U r done...

I am sure folks who drag race need that adjustability.

Good luck email address for your tow hook plate, and let Gloria know what u did with the extra spacers? thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
glad it got sorted out, sorry for all your troubles, it will work out.

Re clutch engage point: I am dead set sure that you do not need an adjustable clutch rod, as the clutch lining burnishes and while it starts brand new with a very low release point; it then moves up after a very few launches.

So it is now high. adjust the rod as you have it, so that it engages where you want it. U r done...

I am sure folks who drag race need that adjustability.

Good luck email address for your tow hook plate, and let Gloria know what u did with the extra spacers? thanks

Unfortunately they refused to put the adjustable in, so I'm stuck with the hair line engagement point. They kept insisting that the ZZP rod was too short... and they didn't see the point of it. Even after I explained it's a stronger metal so won't bend, can adjust the engagement point, and it's not even possible for it to be shorter then stock...

They completely screwed up my door to. Bent the finder and took a big chunk of paint off down to bare metal...

The extra spacers should be arriving there any day I would think, but not sure with the holidays.

Last edited by nutty21; 12-31-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:14 PM

hopefully your making them pay for the door fender and paint atleast, to get something out of them.

Originally Posted by nutty21
Unfortunately they refused to put the adjustable in, so I'm stock with the hair line engagement point. They kept insisting that the ZZP rod was too short... and they didn't see the point of it. Even after I explained it's a stronger metal so won't bend, can adjust the engagement point, and it's not even possible for it to be shorter then stock...

They completely screwed up my door to. Bent the finder and took a big chunk of paint off down to bare metal...

The extra spacers should be arriving there any day I would think, but not sure with the holidays.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM

So, is this part needed when doing an aftermarket clutch?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM

Man I wish I could delete this old thread. No, it isn't unless you bend the stock clutch cyl rod.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM

Oh, the gm tech yesterday said it was mandatory to buy a new one before the clutch install...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 PM

He prob wants you to replace the clutch slave cyl, not the rod since you would have to rip it apart again to change the slave cyl.