2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP LNF Turbo Upgrade- First Dyno Session

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hiltu
maybe, just maybe, the fact that they put everything on their car also known as the total material involved, they could IDK, determine a markup and than give us a retail price. Its really not that hard especially if this is not the first time a company has come out with a setup for a car before. Call me crazy but the sooner they release the price, the sooner guys can determine if they are going to shell out and/or start saving. To me this is the best way to sell as many "kits" as possible. The very fact alone that one car is currently "suited up" is enough information to determine prices.
He makes a valid point . If we are to save for this kit we need a ball park number, taxes are right around the corner , holidays , etc ......

You are going to need a clutch thats a given

You will need springs , BW turbo , Fuel Solution , ported head , assuming we can trade a stock head for a ported head ? Or something like that ?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrincessTurbo
He makes a valid point . If we are to save for this kit we need a ball park number, taxes are right around the corner , holidays , etc ......

You are going to need a clutch thats a given

You will need springs , BW turbo , Fuel Solution , ported head , assuming we can trade a stock head for a ported head ? Or something like that ?
my guesstimate is - atleast $3k to $5k, I also guess - if its done on site (ZZP) it would be better/cheaper..

if done at another tuner shop (install parts) just add another $1k to 2k (@ $65 hourly rate)..

Stage 3/4 clutch: $800-$1300 (GMPP/ SPEC/ ATC/ etc..)

Last edited by redstarpa69; 10-27-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey ZZP, I've just been reading and staying quiet and all, but I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to support the LNF/LSJ community. You guys are doing a superb job.

I would also ask though, what would the capabilities be on mostly stock parts? I am not looking to go ***** to the wall, but have a fun car with a decent amount of hp. Between 410-450whp. Would this be doable with just your turbo kit?

Hey ZZP, I've just been reading and staying quiet and all, but I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to support the LNF/LSJ community. You guys are doing a superb job.

I would also ask though, what would the capabilities be on mostly stock parts? I am not looking to go ***** to the wall, but have a fun car with a decent amount of hp. Between 410-450whp. Would this be doable with just your turbo kit?

Last edited by Scythe_Snake; 10-27-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
all you have to say is "no, we don't want to provide all the information about a product we want to sell"
Now you are just talking crap for no real reason.

The reason I don't go out and strap the car down and set everything up again just to get sub 3000 rpm information is because every time we dyno something, it gets ridiculous. On the twincharge setup, people wanted 3000 RPM, so we did that. Then they wanted 2500 RPM, so we did that, but it never ends as someone actually requested a dyno showing what it will do at 1000 rpm. Obviously the answer to that is that it won't do anything, and if it did, then the clutch would just slip in no time.

Next time I'm on the dyno, I'll get a pull starting at 30mph just for you. We will go from 30 to 130mph in one gear so you can have your comparison. If someone asks for data below that, you can be the one to explain to them why that's a dumb request.

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

Thanks. We are having fun modding these cars as well.

450whp is likely what we will target for an off-the-shelf turbo swap kit. You can do this much on the stock IC and charge tubes, but of course it will be easier with other upgraded parts.

Last edited by Matt M; 10-27-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM

I want a dyno run from 0 to 15,000 rpms. With a 600 shot of nitrous, all on 87 octane, diluded with rubbing alcohol.

Now, that was a joke, but a run from somewhere pre-spool (whether it be 3k rpm, 3500 rpm, whatever) to show how the turbo spools would be nice. I understand the bad things that can happen from running from too low of an RPM. Would be nice to see the whole 'spectrum', not that it is all that important.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM

30 in 3rd will layout a NICE graph if taken to redline
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M
Now you are just talking crap for no real reason.

The reason I don't go out and strap the car down and set everything up again just to get sub 3000 rpm information is because every time we dyno something, it gets ridiculous. On the twincharge setup, people wanted 3000 RPM, so we did that. Then they wanted 2500 RPM, so we did that, but it never ends as someone actually requested a dyno showing what it will do at 1000 rpm. Obviously the answer to that is that it won't do anything, and if it did, then the clutch would just slip in no time.

Next time I'm on the dyno, I'll get a pull starting at 30mph just for you. We will go from 30 to 130mph in one gear so you can have your comparison. If someone asks for data below that, you can be the one to explain to them why that's a dumb request.

450whp is likely what we will target for an off-the-shelf turbo swap kit. You can do this much on the stock IC and charge tubes, but of course it will be easier with other upgraded parts.
i'm not talking crap here, I'm simply trying to get some rather simple information out of you guys. yet you act like i'm trying to pull your teeth out.

i asked several times, in a vary nice manor, only to get some useless bs about how dumb of an idea a pull showing the entire boost curve of this turbo is.

i'm not aiming for a specific RPM point, just a point that's say a solid 500revs or so earlier then boost arrives. be that 1500 or 3500.

it seems to me that this is information you would want out in the forums. to show how this unit, and your kit, stand ups to the current gt28r / gt30r set ups.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That's already taken care of. Thanks ZZP, and good luck. Many of us are VERY thankful and excited about this BW upgrade.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 PM

Hi guys

First of all THANK YOU ZZP for everything you did allready.

Second I am a mechanic and I do the work in my car, will I be able to buy and bolt on the kit or you guys have do the instalations?

Third is there any way i could just flush my ECU with data that you guys have allready set so my engine runs with no problems? without having to come down to the states?

I allready did some upgrades and i am not happy with the tune i got up here.

i am only pushing 260 whp 300 wtq

In case you are interested I have
cat back, charge pipes, cool air intake,aluminum flywheel+stage 4 clutch masters, hurst shifter, B&G suspension system, B&G adjustable end links, Blitz I color boost controler, AIT R1 hood.
lights, pedals etc.

Please let me know i would really like to have 450whp on my litle beast for next season cose it's hibernating at the time being

Thank you
Old 10-27-2009, 08:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black on Black :D
Hi guys

Second I am a mechanic and I do the work in my car, will I be able to buy and bolt on the kit or you guys have do the instalations?

Third is there any way i could just flush my ECU with data that you guys have allready set so my engine runs with no problems? without having to come down to the states?

cat back, charge pipes, cool air intake,aluminum flywheel+stage 4 clutch masters, hurst shifter, B&G suspension system, B&G adjustable end links, Blitz I color boost controler, AIT R1 hood.
lights, pedals etc.

Please let me know i would really like to have 450whp on my litle beast for next season cose it's hibernating at the time being

Thank you
you tune through HPT i assume?
have someone here send you a better file. in the cold canadian air, you should be making over 300whp easy
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Black on Black :D
Hi guys

lights, pedals etc.

Thank you
It might be the fact you have the boost controller, you need a much larger turbo to get over 400WHP. The boost controller was esentually a waste of 500 dollars.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 06black
i'm not talking crap here, I'm simply trying to get some rather simple information out of you guys. yet you act like i'm trying to pull your teeth out.

i asked several times, in a vary nice manor, only to get some useless bs about how dumb of an idea a pull showing the entire boost curve of this turbo is.

i'm not aiming for a specific RPM point, just a point that's say a solid 500revs or so earlier then boost arrives. be that 1500 or 3500.

it seems to me that this is information you would want out in the forums. to show how this unit, and your kit, stand ups to the current gt28r / gt30r set ups.
Saying that we should admit that we don't want people to know something is talking crap. Don't insult everyone's intelligence by pretending it wasn't a slam.

As far as your next statement, you asked for a graph showing more data and I told you where it was already posted. Now you want me to get back on the dyno just to do something for you and you sit there and act like it's a simple request. Why don't you post your 30 to 130mph dyno pull graph. Oh wait, you don't have one. But hey, it's just a simple request, right? Am I asking too much?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
i am ready to order.
Don't you already have $10k worth of Hahn goodies?

I'm really confused.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 PM

Saying that we should admit that we don't want people to know something is talking crap. Don't insult everyone's intelligence by pretending it wasn't a slam.

As far as your next statement, you asked for a graph showing more data and I told you where it was already posted. Now you want me to get back on the dyno just to do something for you and you sit there and act like it's a simple request. Why don't you post your 30 to 130mph dyno pull graph. Oh wait, you don't have one. But hey, it's just a simple request, right? Am I asking too much?
it was a slam, i'll admit that, but it got your attention. thats what i wanted. Dealing with you guys is like dealing with a promising, yet unrefined prototype / development suppler. it can be vary productive, and yield fantastic results. but at times, the personal and service is horrid.

any who, in the past i had asked for a graph with more data, and you pointed one out. at the time that was all fine and good.

however, upon further review, i took a closer look at the boost curve, and its slope isnt that severe, so that makes me think that its coming up on spool in a fairly linear manor. BUT with out a graph showing it dead in the water, no one can tell.

as for your next point, try not to go all childish and act as if i made some demand saying that i needed the data rite-******-now. i dident. you know this. i know this.
i dident think i'd have to spell this out, at least i had hoped i wouldn't have to, but it looks like i will. just to avoid any more mix ups.

next time you put that car on the dyno, for any reason, if you can spare the 60 seconds it would take to make a pull like this, please do. as seeing the data from low rpm, low shaft speed, no positive manifold pressure would be perfect for not only seeing how the turbo reacts but how drivable your "kit" is and how developed the tune is at this time.

i'd have to assume there's more tuning to be done on this car, thus more time on the dyno.

and your rite, i dont have a 30 to 100 mph dyno pull. my dyno's are in RPM's
Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Former Vendor

it was a slam, i'll admit that, but it got your attention. thats what i wanted. Dealing with you guys is like dealing with a promising, yet unrefined prototype / development suppler. it can be vary productive, and yield fantastic results. but at times, the personal and service is horrid.

any who, in the past i had asked for a graph with more data, and you pointed one out. at the time that was all fine and good.

however, upon further review, i took a closer look at the boost curve, and its slope isnt that severe, so that makes me think that its coming up on spool in a fairly linear manor. BUT with out a graph showing it dead in the water, no one can tell.

as for your next point, try not to go all childish and act as if i made some demand saying that i needed the data rite-******-now. i dident. you know this. i know this.
i dident think i'd have to spell this out, at least i had hoped i wouldn't have to, but it looks like i will. just to avoid any more mix ups.

next time you put that car on the dyno, for any reason, if you can spare the 60 seconds it would take to make a pull like this, please do. as seeing the data from low rpm, low shaft speed, no positive manifold pressure would be perfect for not only seeing how the turbo reacts but how drivable your "kit" is and how developed the tune is at this time.

i'd have to assume there's more tuning to be done on this car, thus more time on the dyno.

and your rite, i dont have a 30 to 100 mph dyno pull. my dyno's are in RPM's
You said it's like pulling teeth trying to get it out of us, which means that you expected it right now. Don't try to back-pedel now.

Ok, so your car doesn't have mph because you are reading rpm at the time? Our dyno graphs very obviously show RPMs, but you choose to ignore that and act like my explanation of mph span required to satisfy your supposed curiousity suggests otherwise. Nice try.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 PM

well, 15 pages later, all i gotta say is good job, ill be in touch with you guys soon about some questions about your experience with zzp 2.4 turbo
Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06black, please keep it civil. Matt is no Zoomer... In fact, no one is as agressive at ZZP as Zoomer, so hostile tactics really arent beneficial...
I know you dont have to listen to me, but for the sake of keeping the thread full of information and not bickering...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 AM

You said it's like pulling teeth trying to get it out of us, which means that you expected it right now. Don't try to back-pedel now.

Ok, so your car doesn't have mph because you are reading rpm at the time? Our dyno graphs very obviously show RPMs, but you choose to ignore that and act like my explanation of mph span required to satisfy your supposed curiousity suggests otherwise. Nice try.

if you boil all that i've said down, it comes to this.

if you ever strap the car down to your dyno again, and care to make pull from pre-boost RPM point to redline, that would be awesome.

if not, thats fine as well.

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
06black, please keep it civil. Matt is no Zoomer... In fact, no one is as agressive at ZZP as Zoomer, so hostile tactics really arent beneficial...
I know you dont have to listen to me, but for the sake of keeping the thread full of information and not bickering...
i'm trying to do just that. trying to get a rather useful piece of information posted in here for the rest of the interested people to see.

Last edited by 06black; 10-28-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 AM

Hey ZZP, i found the link to your ported LSJ heads: http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=920&catid=143.
The prices were $1000 for stage 1, $1500 for stage 2, and $330 for 78# supertech springs. Just wondering how much these prices are going to be the basis for the LNF heads. Im hoping it won't be much higher than this. Also any plans on a stage 2, and if so what will be the difference betweeen that and stage 1? THANKS
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

if you boil all that i've said down, it comes to this.

if you ever strap the car down to your dyno again, and care to make pull from pre-boost RPM point to redline, that would be awesome.

if not, thats fine as well.

i'm trying to do just that. trying to get a rather useful piece of information posted in here for the rest of the interested people to see.
And here's what I'm getting at-
You are not trying to aquire information "for the rest of the interested people to see." You are trying to aquire information for your own personal reasons. There is a 99% chance you will find a way to use it against us regardless of how it actually compares to other setups. I'm not new to this. I understand how people like you operate on the intrawebz.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 AM

And here's what I'm getting at-
You are not trying to aquire information "for the rest of the interested people to see." You are trying to aquire information for your own personal reasons. There is a 99% chance you will find a way to use it against us regardless of how it actually compares to other setups. I'm not new to this. I understand how people like you operate on the intrawebz.
Id like to see one too
Old 10-28-2009, 09:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Id like to see one too
+1

Selling point for a turbo swap for someone like myself would be how it spools up, and I wouldn't want hearsay.

I think it is great info to have
Old 10-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Yes i did.
It got better cose it was running lean.
but its missfiring from time to time
I have to find time to go back to them.
I really wanna get up to that 450 for next season
I hope that kit will be out with a pre set tune
Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drewbroo
It might be the fact you have the boost controller, you need a much larger turbo to get over 400WHP. The boost controller was esentually a waste of 500 dollars.
Not true since you can only get ~22psi using just HPT. Many people are using restrictions, MBC's and even EBC's to get past that hurdle. So it wasnt a waste. The numbers he's making tho with that parts list is however a waste and not what it should be! That I agree on
Old 10-28-2009, 12:48 PM

Bleh. Too much arguing.

Quick Reply: ZZP LNF Turbo Upgrade- First Dyno Session