2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

300-330whp

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am guessing you don't know too much about turbos by that first statement.
I would say he knows enough obviously because he is 100% correct. A turbo is no where near as linear as a supercharger. This is why people still use superchargers and why chevy used a supercharger in our car and is using one on the new vette coming out. A turbo changes the torque curve of the car completely, sometimes making the car very unpredictable at boost (example hennesy viper or lingenfelter vette) both which have gobs of power but are pretty much useless on a track. A supercharger typically only compliments what is there to begin with in regards to power curves.

Turbo = more power at peak

Supercharger = overall increase on pre-existing power curves.

Yes a turbo is more efficient and yes a turbo can usually yield more power...but a supercharger is in fact much linear in it's power "distribution".

Please continue Kempo.

To own a car it must be registered.
You register a car "for the road"...not to own it. If it has a vin number you simply need a title to own it...not a registration...

again...please continue Kempo.

Last edited by FNFAST; 06-29-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread really confuses me. If I paid that much for a car I dont know if I would spend my time on this site trying to find out how to make it faster.

Kempo, you have to be able to get the technical specs for your car from Brammo. Find out how the ECU is controlled and if it is similar to the one used in the Cobalt SS/SC or ION Redline. Find out what your vin is and if it can be registered with HPT. What size injectors does your car have? How is the inercooler cooled? Does your car have a OBD2 connector? If so find someone near by with HPT and have them scan your car.

Please spend some time with an experience LSJ owner in your area so you can learn more about this engine and they can learn more about yours. Then share this information with the rest of us.

DO NOT SLAP A SMALLER PULLEY ON THERE WITH OUT KNOWING HOW YOUR CAR IS TUNED!! Figure out what you are working with before you start to do any mods to your car.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

As a second thought I think this is a hoax. We really need pics of you and your car to prove this is real. I really think this is someone who is looking around on the Arial website and thought he would find out how to take the base Arial Atom 2 and get it to 300hp without paying Arial to do it. Or something like that. Please give us some close up pics of your engine compartment and car and prove me wrong.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:17 PM

ebristol...you are from Green bay!!!!!!

What do you drive???

(sorry to thread jack!)
Old 06-29-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
ebristol...you are from Green bay!!!!!!

What do you drive???

(sorry to thread jack!)

Yeah. I drive an 06 IRL. y?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 PM

hmmmm what color? Blue or black.

I am from greenbay too. Just curious if I have seen you about. I am sure I have. Any mods to your car or no?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 PM

Yeah obviously you do not know much about turbos either, I was not suggesting some huge turbo that hits full boost at 4500rpms and hits HARD.

In order to have your name on the title, you must register it. In order to register it, it must be non-op, off-road, or street legal.

Please educate yourself before you try to educate other people.
You could have stated what size turbo...that would help..either way a turbo still affects performance like I stated.

Secondly...you only need register something that is street legal...last time I checked...you don't need to register a dirt bike or four wheeler. And before you continue to try and educate us...they supply a vin number on the "car" so in case he makes it street legal it will be easier to get it registered for the road.

PS Thanks for the lessons teach.

Sorry they may do things differently in Wisconsin than they do in "the08" yo.

Yeah obviously you do not know much about turbos either
ps genious...my brother builds and sells turbo for a living...I think I know a little bit

Last edited by FNFAST; 06-29-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SSsuperman
We are not talking about a dirt bike or a 4 wheeler now are we?
It's not that far off. Pretty much a kick-ass dune buggy right? Pretty sure FNFAST is right. It only needs to be registered if it becomes street legal. Registration = license, not purchasing the thing. Is it just me or do a lot of the smartasses on .net seem to be from Cali? Don't want to discriminate, just an observation.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
hmmmm what color? Blue or black.

I am from greenbay too. Just curious if I have seen you about. I am sure I have. Any mods to your car or no?
Actually it is silver. Here are my mods.

06 IRL w/ Comp. Package, GMPP Stage 2, PB 2.8, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, Cobra H/E, K&N CAI, Interceptor v2, BWoody Traction Bars

In the Garage
Oil Can, LC-1 Wideband

II am very interested in your Stage 3 setup. Do you have the dual pass end plate installed to?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Actually it is silver. Here are my mods.

06 IRL w/ Comp. Package, GMPP Stage 2, PB 2.8, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, Cobra H/E, K&N CAI, Interceptor v2, BWoody Traction Bars

In the Garage
Oil Can, LC-1 Wideband

II am very interested in your Stage 3 setup. Do you have the dual pass end plate installed to?
yeah we should get together sometime and check out our cars. My brother has a stage 2.8 05 cobalt ss/sc too.

my email is: fnfastz28@yahoo.com

give me a shout this weekend maybe we can get together for 5 minutes if nothing else just to check them out and introduce one another in case we ever spot the other out riding?

Sounds like a nice IRL you have. Dig the silver too...I wish they made the ss/sc in silver.

PS genius, maybe he should start building and selling turbos that were designed in the last 20 years and then you would have a clue.
the newer turbos have less lag, I agree, but it doesn't change how they function in regards to when they add the most power. It is certainly not linear...which is the key here.

It's not that far off. Pretty much a kick-ass dune buggy right? Pretty sure FNFAST is right. It only needs to be registered if it becomes street legal. Registration = license, not purchasing the thing. Is it just me or do a lot of the smartasses on .net seem to be from Cali? Don't want to discriminate, just an observation.
Thank god someone else got the point I was trying to make. Or thank god your not from cali...how ever you look at it N8

but you got my point exactly N8. Thank you.

They do not require regular registration, but must display an identification plate or device issued by DMV.
this only applies if they are ridin on state or county trails...I work for the state...nice try.

Sounds to me like your laws are different.

Last edited by FNFAST; 06-29-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol
This thread really confuses me. If I paid that much for a car I dont know if I would spend my time on this site trying to find out how to make it faster.

Kempo, you have to be able to get the technical specs for your car from Brammo. Find out how the ECU is controlled and if it is similar to the one used in the Cobalt SS/SC or ION Redline. Find out what your vin is and if it can be registered with HPT. What size injectors does your car have? How is the inercooler cooled? Does your car have a OBD2 connector? If so find someone near by with HPT and have them scan your car.

Please spend some time with an experience LSJ owner in your area so you can learn more about this engine and they can learn more about yours. Then share this information with the rest of us.

DO NOT SLAP A SMALLER PULLEY ON THERE WITH OUT KNOWING HOW YOUR CAR IS TUNED!! Figure out what you are working with before you start to do any mods to your car.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

As a second thought I think this is a hoax. We really need pics of you and your car to prove this is real. I really think this is someone who is looking around on the Arial website and thought he would find out how to take the base Arial Atom 2 and get it to 300hp without paying Arial to do it. Or something like that. Please give us some close up pics of your engine compartment and car and prove me wrong.
the Atom has the same drivetrain as the cobalt ss. Th e ECU is tuned by Brammo and GM for the atom. my next step is to check with Brammo exactly what is on my car. I'm just checking around to see what is needed for this target of HP I'm looking for. Brammo is supposed to be working on a solution to get the cars to at least 250WHP as soon as they do that I will start looking for more power.

To own a car it must be registered.

I am guessing you don't know too much about turbos by that first statement.

You don't have to register a car to own it. all you need is a title that proves its yours. I do have a title and car also comes with a 17 digit VIN #.for registration so you don't need a VIN # from your local DMV. As you can see in the e bay link I posted the car can be registered and legally driven on the streets including California.

About the turbo stuff I won't even bother to explain this to you since I can see by your posts you are the "I KNOW IT ALL" kind of guy.

FNFAST I agree with everything you said in your previous posts.

Originally Posted by ebristol

Here you can find some pictures. the red one is mine. the other two are owned by two of my friends. http://gallery.atomclub.com/thumbnails.php?album=82

I don't han a photobucket acconunt but as I said if someone will host them I will e mail more pics to be hosted here.

Last edited by Kempo; 06-30-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2007, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fnfast +1 rep for being remotely mature and trying to explain things.

sssuperman... i'm pretty sure your laws "over there" must be different because in NY it's exactly how everyone else says it.

title= owner ship,
registration (for street legal cars) = ability to legally drive on the road,
registration (not street legal, ie dirt bikes atvs and other such things) = needed for competition and riding on state owned facilities.

I can show you many dynos of turbo cars that are JUST as linear as any supercharger. Your point is moot.
thats awesome but I can show you dyno's where it proves that stickers and a big ass aluminum wing that can touch a 747 at 37000 feet give a 2hp honda a 200HP gain....

even with newer turbos with extremely little lag a supercharger would be better for the atom.. he doesn't need as much top end power which is what turbos are primarily good for... he needs power out of the corners and being able to control the damn thing... not having the slightest bit of lag or else with the weight of it he'll have problems staying on course.

normally to make 300 hp on the lsj a turbo is the way to go( or maybe a procharger we'll find out in a few weeks) however he's looking for more low end power, which will be provided with a T/s or a roots style blower the easiest

Did you read the link and excerp I posted???

I am the "KNOW MORE THAN YOU" kind of guy. Like I said though, NA is the best for road racing. Turbo/superchargers when it comes down to it are the same exact things.
congrats thats correct.. but only in the oldest sense of the meaning considering a turbo used to be considered a type of supercharger. in essense they do the same thing... provide boost and extra power.. however they are not the the same thing.... for someone who's telling everyone else to get their facts straight about turbos you sure fouled up that one... by any chance have all the "turbos" you've seen been made by one of these company's ?

procharger, vortech, or powerdyne?

yes i know they're all centrifugal superchargers... so don't even begin to flame me for that.. .

a centri sc and a turbo on the other hand... they're very similar ...

and NA being the best for road racing? that all depends on the motor... if it's not gonna get into power band till halfway up the RPMs or more then it's not better man.. low end torque + kick ass suspension ftw

if i was more of an ass.. i'd give you - rep just for being a douche when you only have 54 posts... i don't care how much you know.. when you're new to the board treat people with respect...

Last edited by elecblue06; 06-30-2007 at 03:37 AM. Reason: sssupermans' a douche :D
Old 06-30-2007, 04:22 AM

aww someone got butt hurt....

i read what you wrote.. apparently you didn't read what i did..

i said i'm pretty sure you're laws must be different if they're how you say.. christ if you're in ca then there are a **** ton of different laws there ...

title= owner ship,
registration (for street legal cars) = ability to legally drive on the road,
registration (not street legal, ie dirt bikes atvs and other such things) = needed for competition and riding on state owned facilities.

is how it's done in NY...

as far as the owner ship issue i'm not positive but i think title = ownership no matter where you live ... next you're going to say you need the vehicle to be insured even if it's not on the road....

as for fouling things up with saying turbos and superchargers are the same.. yea i'm sorry but you fouled that up... they do similar things in a very different ways.. unless you're comparing a centri sc to a turbo which are extremely similar, then thats a different story..

11/11/2005>>>03/19/2007??

for what? you've been a member here for less time then i have...

3/19/2007>6/27/2007

and smarty pants.. regardless of how long you've been hear you shouldn't treat people like they're stupid.. because no matter how smart you think you are or how much you know... someone else out there is better and knows more than you.. ( thats just a general statement)
Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 AM

First off nice ******* essay.
there you go..50 posts and you are already getting known as "that guy".

besides you have the nerve after posting this:

Off highway vehicles (OHV) subject to off-road registration.

OHVs are vehicles such as racing motorcycles, trail bikes, mini bikes, dune buggies, all-terrain vehicles, jeeps, and snowmobiles. These vehicles are operated exclusively off public roads and highways on lands that are open and accessible to the public. They do not require regular registration, but must display an identification plate or device issued by DMV.

It is not necessary to register a vehicle for both on-highway and off-highway use. Valid on-highway registration allows the vehicle to be operated on and off the highway. Vehicles registered for on-highway use only may be subject to a "use fee" if operated in OHV parks.

To change a California registered vehicle from on-highway use to OHV, you will need to:

Visit a DMV office. Make an appointment for faster service.
Provide the California Certificate of Title.
Pay the original off-highway vehicle application fee (registration fee).
To register an OHV that has never been registered and was purchased from someone other than a licensed California dealer, you will need to:

Visit a DMV office. Make an appointment for faster service.
Complete an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
Have a DMV representative, licensed vehicle verifier, or peace officer complete a vehicle verification (on the REG 343 form).
Provide evidence of ownership such as a bill of sale, out-of-state title, or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.
Surrender any on-highway license plates.
Pay the original off-highway vehicle application fee (registration fee).
Pay the use tax.
Original and renewal registrations are good for 2 years and expire on June 30th of the second year. Renewal notices are mailed to owners. A penalty fee is due if the renewal is late.

Visit the California State Parks Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation website for additional information and the Green Sticker Vehicle Newsletter.

Back to Top of Page

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/vr_info.htm#BM2524

Maybe I am not understanding it right. This[Atom] would be on the same token as a "racing motorcycle".

That's nowhere near essay length right?

I can show you many dynos of turbo cars that are JUST as linear as any supercharger. Your point is moot.
Fine...I accept your challange "mouth runner". Show me a linear turbo dyno on a car that is not specifically built for the turbo. Lets see these dyno's. Then I will show you a stock 03-04 cobra dyno and you will see that the torque and hp chart flows straight across the board...so stop talking **** and get to posting. Yahoo and google have great look up sources if you are having trouble finding some actual turbo dyno...I am sure after hours of looking you can find somthing that you can use.

PS: Treat members with more respect or you will be reported and you will be kicked off.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude I cant believe you wont conceed the fact that a S/C will be better/easier to use on an autox/roadcourse than a turbo.
You picked the wrong place to make your stand this time casey.
cuz your just plain wrong.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:33 PM

I copy and pasted that.

What does that matter???

Please don't get me kicked off for proving you guys wrong.
you wont be kicked if you stop acting like a douche/ start treating people with respect...

it has nothing to do with proving us wrong... it has everything to do with your attitude in just about every thread I've seen you post in...

for as much you were running your mouth you've had just as little proof to back yourself up, cept with the cali laws... which is fine, they're different from alot of other places but, you still don't need to act like a jerk man....

Originally Posted by an0malous
Dude I cant believe you wont conceed the fact that a S/C will be better/easier to use on an autox/roadcourse than a turbo.
You picked the wrong place to make your stand this time casey.
cuz your just plain wrong.
exactly i mean i'm not an expert on road courses and things of that nature...

but superchargers tend to give better low end... which i would think is what you want...

plus with the weight of the atom... seriously think about it it goes 0-60 in under 3 seconds right? and it has as much HP as ss/sc's do for stage 2...

besides the fact that you're not even trying to back up your claims with any sort of proof... you're just like it's better don't argue man...

seriously though we need to get back on topic because i just realized how much space this bicker match has taken up

Last edited by elecblue06; 06-30-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2007, 01:43 PM

If supercharging is the way to go for road racing then explain why no major road race has been won by a supercharged vehicle in the last 30 odd years.

I didnt realise we were able to buy racecars from the dealership......

were talkin real world vehicles here. not half million dollar sponsered racecars.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 PM

you realize this is a car that weighs in at 1500lbs with a driver right? not something that weighs 2500+lbs without a driver....
Old 06-30-2007, 07:09 PM

then why do you keep talking about rally cars and stuff that weigh 1k lbs more? weight plays a big factor, something that works for a rally car might not work for a go cart and vise versa...

also why haven't you shown anything to back yourself up?? since you insist everyone else is wrong
Old 06-30-2007, 07:29 PM

Maybe you're getting linear mixed up with exponential. A turbo builds power exponentially and a supercharger builds power in a linear fashion. The reason for this is that way that they produce their boost; supercharger builds boost immediately and a turbo builds boost as the engine increases it's exhaust output.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
Maybe you're getting linear mixed up with exponential. A turbo builds power exponentially and a supercharger builds power in a linear fashion. The reason for this is that way that they produce their boost; supercharger builds boost immediately and a turbo builds boost as the engine increases it's exhaust output.
exactly.. the only type of SC that is even remotely close to the same as a turbo is a centrifugal sc... and thats still not quite the same as the method of spinning the blowers are different thus producing boost in a slightly different way..

Last edited by elecblue06; 06-30-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:16 AM

Go through all the time attack events and look.
You mean like the time attack cobalt? That has a supercharger...that is leading the time attack circuit...like that time attack?

Ther eis no shame in admitting you are wrong man...I'm not saying that as an ass...it's the truth. You are wrong.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 AM

I don't have any dynos to really compare right now but I have seen dynos of turbocharged cars that are linear.

I don't understand why people think having a turbo car is bad for auto crossing or road racing...

Turbochargers are VERY responsive especially aftermarket ones.

Some of you guys (keyword some) are just being fanb0is if you're saying otherwise.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I don't have any dynos to really compare right now but I have seen dynos of turbocharged cars that are linear.

I don't understand why people think having a turbo car is bad for auto crossing or road racing...

Turbochargers are VERY responsive especially aftermarket ones.

Some of you guys (keyword some) are just being fanb0is if you're saying otherwise.
True, you can create a setup using a turbo which will provide linear power. It's just the nature of a roots blower because it boosts in a linear fashion. I am not in any way saying that one is better than the other, and I actually like turbos more than superchargers.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
True, you can create a setup using a turbo which will provide linear power. It's just the nature of a roots blower because it boosts in a linear fashion. I am not in any way saying that one is better than the other, and I actually like turbos more than superchargers.
Yes, you are correct.

Casey was just trying to say they can be just as linear and just as good...not that they are better. I think some people were taking that in the wrong context.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:10 PM

My point is not one is better than the other...if anything a turbo is more efficient. My point was if you take a motor from say an LS1. Then you just slap a turbo on it...it will not produce power as linear as if you were to bolt up a supercharger. A supercharger adds linear power by nature...a turbo would add a great deal of power up top, but not so much down low. Regardless of how "up to date" and new they are...a turbo will still have to spool and build power.

Not to mention...being able to just shut my car off when I am done racing and not having to let it idle for 5-10 minutes before I have to shut it off for the sake of my turbo...is always nice.

thats all. nothing more..nothing less.

Quick Reply: 300-330whp