2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

300-330whp

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kempo
the Atom has the same drivetrain as the cobalt ss. Th e ECU is tuned by Brammo and GM for the atom. my next step is to check with Brammo exactly what is on my car. I'm just checking around to see what is needed for this target of HP I'm looking for. Brammo is supposed to be working on a solution to get the cars to at least 250WHP as soon as they do that I will start looking for more power.

Getting more then 250whp with an lsj is pretty easy. Getting over 300 is tough. Your engine is mounted on top of your rear wheels so your transaxel probably works a lot like the one in the SS/SS. If your not getting over 250whp I would guess they probably have the car tuned just like a the GM Stage 2. GM Stage 2 is rated at 241 at the flywheel but with an intake (like I am sure your car has) and a free flowing exhaust that can get up to 250-260 at the flywheel. So 230-240whp is not a surprise.

If that is the case there is a lot of room for improvement in your engine's tuning.

Good luck with your car and keep us all informed. You should send an email to Jay Leno and tell him to get on Brammo's ass about improving the performance of the Atom 2. He has one of these cars! The first one if I am not mistaken!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SSsuperman
In a decent drivers hands(and feet) they will be exactly the same, especially in a car weighing under a ton.

If supercharging is the way to go for road racing then explain why no major road race has been won by a supercharged vehicle in the last 30 odd years.

WHY??? Why would you think that?

realtime racing's NSX.