2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

5000mi update of S/C holes plugged (56k dont even try)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dainslaif
Well since it increases efficiency, exactly how much HP increase have you seen with this mod? I don't want speculation or butt dynos, I want real numbers.
so do it and tell us instead of demanding REAL #'s

why do we have to do your work and answer your questions?

when your scepticle of OUR WORK
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
so do it and tell us instead of demanding REAL #'s

why do we have to do your work and answer your questions?
lmao i'm with this guy
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 AM

he was trying to attack you after the whole rice thing, he saw someone call somthing rice and wanted to jump in on the bashing is all! kinda like when two people are fighting and one hits the ground next thing you know theres 20 people kicking him! i could see this guy doing exactly that...

hes got 86 posts dont mind him

im sure there all as great as that 1

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-24-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 01:18 AM

he was trying to attack you after the whole rice thing, he saw someone call somthing rice and wanted to jump in on the bashing is all! kinda like when two people are fighting and one hits the ground next thing you know theres 20 people kicking him! i could see this guy doing exactly that...

LMFAO

CSS.net's post of the day!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned

No, this has been an ongoing debate on a bunch of forums for a while; primarily if there's a product that can stand up to the abuse the M62 will put on whatever epoxy you plug your holes with, and if it even does anything aside from making the SC louder. Again, I plan on doing more research, but I don't see what the difference between JB Weld and the other products are (especially quicksteel). They're both activator/epoxy mixes, and from the product specs they both have the same temperature, chemical, and physical characteristics - so why is one a bad idea while one is cruise control to awesome?

I'll plug it and dyno if you send me a SC to test with. I'm sure as **** not doing it to mine because I don't want it on my car for any length of time. I think the 'performance gain' people notice is a placebo effect, which is why I want to know if anyone has actually tested it.

And FYI, just because I don't post here with the intellectuals that say 'lol that guyz a nub' I probably know more about what I'm talking about than you do, judging by your spelling and "witty" remarks. I'm sure if I went to every thread and replied 'ya dats kool' multiple times like you I could have well into thousands of posts, but I'd be sacrificing brain cells, so I won't.

And thanks for the PM telling me you were talking about me. I didn't get it from the fact that I was being quoted.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 AM

No, this has been an ongoing debate on a bunch of forums for a while; primarily if there's a product that can stand up to the abuse the M62 will put on whatever epoxy you plug your holes with, and if it even does anything aside from making the SC louder. Again, I plan on doing more research, but I don't see what the difference between JB Weld and the other products are (especially quicksteel). They're both activator/epoxy mixes, and from the product specs they both have the same temperature, chemical, and physical characteristics - so why is one a bad idea while one is cruise control to awesome?

I'll plug it and dyno if you send me a SC to test with. I'm sure as **** not doing it to mine because I don't want it on my car for any length of time. I think the 'performance gain' people notice is a placebo effect, which is why I want to know if anyone has actually tested it.

And FYI, just because I don't post here with the intellectuals that say 'lol that guyz a nub' I probably know more about what I'm talking about than you do, judging by your spelling and "witty" remarks. I'm sure if I went to every thread and replied 'ya dats kool' multiple times like you I could have well into thousands of posts, but I'd be sacrificing brain cells, so I won't.

And thanks for the PM telling me you were talking about me. I didn't get it from the fact that I was being quoted.
Even if it didn't do anything at all the increase in whine from the SC is worth it alone
Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 AM

No, this has been an ongoing debate on a bunch of forums for a while; primarily if there's a product that can stand up to the abuse the M62 will put on whatever epoxy you plug your holes with. Again, I plan on doing more research, but I don't see what the difference between JB Weld and the other products are (especially quicksteel). They're both activator/epoxy mixes, and from the product specs they both have the same temperature, chemical, and physical characteristics - so why is one a bad idea while one is cruise control to awesome?

And FYI, just because I don't post here with the intellectuals that say 'lol that guyz a nub' I probably know more about what I'm talking about than you do, judging by your spelling and "witty" remarks.

no one said that...

and you worked on that for how long? this isnt english class here buddy. i type for speed not accuracy,

grand prix guys have been doing it for years and 100,000 mi +... i did my reaserch now finish yours, this isnt the only vehicle thats s/c... look out side the box, on cars that have been doing it for way longer... you might find more than all the bs thats on this site... im here for the entertainment which i receive daily.... thanks to you...

(hence why i was giving you a hard time)
Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris88z24
Even if it didn't do anything at all the increase in whine from the SC is worth it alone
Like I said, I don't hate on people for doing it for that purpose, but some people claim that it adds power. I would like to see some information regarding that, since any cheap, easy, effective mod is quite welcome.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 AM

Like I said, I don't hate on people for doing it for that purpose, but some people claim that it adds power. I would like to see some information regarding that, since any cheap, easy, effective mod is quite welcome.
no-one in here did! but i do know which threads your speaking of... i dont post bs coming out my ass... i try and start my own threads that stay away from that ****...
Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Banned

no one said that...

and you worked on that for how long? this isnt english class here buddy. i type for speed not accuracy,

grand prix guys have been doing it for years... i did my reaserch now finish yours, this isnt the only vehicle thats s/c... look out side the box, on cars that have been doing it for way longer... you might find more than all the bs thats on this site... im here for the entertainment which i receive daily.... thanks to you...
Oh really?
Sounds like it to me.

Ah, the "I'm right but I won't prove it" approach. Clearly you have won this argument because I'll take your word at face value.

Show me this information you have, or shush. Cut the derpa derpa derpa - that's why I have so few posts here.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 AM

well as i promised here it is after 5k .............................

right were i left em...

heres the reasons i took it off

please feel free to comment....

that paint in the background is NOT what i used ... i used VHT high temp flat black,

yes i know theres a run on the snout
Why does it look like you got oil inside your blower? you should think about getting a catch can or something.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:42 AM

Oh really?
Sounds like it to me.

Ah, the "I'm right but I won't prove it" approach. Clearly you have won this argument because I'll take your word at face value.

Show me this information you have, or shush.
once again asking me to do all the work... go look your damn self... theres this new thing called google

and when you qoute me get it right... yes i did say you have 86 posts, once again NOONE said nothing about n00b...

look on the grand prix forum... thats all im gonna tell you your wasting my ******* time...
Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 AM

Oh really?
Sounds like it to me.

Show me this information you have, or shush. Cut the derpa derpa derpa - that's why I have so few posts here.
We stated that the "mod" increases blower efficiency (which it does.. source: Eaton). Whether or not it increases peak HP and TQ is yet to be proven (not that I know of). I have noticed that my own car does boost quicker than without them plugged, thats all we have stated.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by stryder
Why does it look like you got oil inside your blower? you should think about getting a catch can or something.
i answered this already i spray orange meth, everything looks like that intake mani and all...
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 AM

orange meth? im guessing your using a 5050 mix from evils own or something
Old 07-24-2008, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by stryder
orange meth? im guessing your using a 5050 mix from evils own or something
no i buy 100% methanol from R&E racing then mix it....

75% methanol
24.99% distilled water
.01% food coloring to match my car and aid in seeing the level in the trunk mount tank...

its also not as bad as it looks i have a awesome digital camera that sees much much more than the naked eye. it looked the same as all the other cobalts i put stage 2 on... (oil amount, not color)

i never thought the catch can would do anything cuase theres no oil in the intake tube so how is it getting by there without leaving a mark...

honestly im stumped as to were the actuall oily substance is coming from, it was like that from the first time i took it off... over a year ago... did yours not have any on it when you put stage 2 on or dual pass?

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-24-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 03:24 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Well since it increases efficiency, exactly how much HP increase have you seen with this mod? I don't want speculation or butt dynos, I want real numbers.

Also, can anyone give me a composition makeup for quicksteel vs magnum steel vs JB weld? quicksteel and JB weld are both epoxies, so I would assume the risks of using one would also apply to the other, and I can't find anything on magnum steel, but it seems to be the same thing.
Paypal me $40 and I'll get a Dyno sheet for you.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 AM

Come now children. I remember back in my day when I first joined this forum, someone could make a thread without it turning into a flame war. Perhaps those days shall return eventually
Old 07-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
Come now children. I remember back in my day when I first joined this forum, someone could make a thread without it turning into a flame war. Perhaps those days shall return eventually
You know... I was trying to figure out when it became cool to start Flame Wars on this site...

...and, if my memory serves me correctly, it started right after a couple of GTO owners showed up.

Oh, and you should plug your silencers. Make sure you take some sandpaper and smooth out the insides and around the silencers first... then apply the Quicksteel.

Its not a HUGE difference... but it helps to improve the low-end. You build the boost faster and your S/C starts to scream at lower rpm's... and it screams a lot more ear-piercingly... its a lot more intense.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:33 AM

Actually, I was gonna have one of my dads friends (decades of metal fabbing experience) tig weld a little plate to cover the holes. Zero chance of them falling off
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is great news, I was thinking about doing this to my S/C and once I saw Ebristol do it over on the RFL that made my mind up to do it. And now seeing your thread I have no issues doing it, now just got to get some mangnume steel and a day off.

I also love the way your S/C looks painted black like that.

@Dainslaif
I feel sorry for you if your going off the fact someone has bad spelling as a judge of there intellect. Many great scientes, Mathmaticins, and the such has areas where they where hurting. And just cause one person can not spell does not make them an idiot, maybe they have a disability which prevented them from pciking up spelling as easly as other people. Every think of that "Mr. Intelligent"?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

I think I am going to Paint my S/C black today.

Can someone PM me a quick, yet detailed How-To.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Actually, I was gonna have one of my dads friends (decades of metal fabbing experience) tig weld a little plate to cover the holes. Zero chance of them falling off
This is the route I would go if I did it. Good call.

Originally Posted by Eagle_f90
@Dainslaif
I feel sorry for you if your going off the fact someone has bad spelling as a judge of there intellect. Many great scientists, Mathematicians, and the such has areas where they where hurting. And just cause one person can not spell does not make them an idiot, maybe they have a disability which prevented them from picking up spelling as easily as other people. Every think of that "Mr. Intelligent"?
I dare you to find a scientific or mathematic presentation document with bad spelling/capitalization. You will have a damn hard time, because nobody would take them seriously if they left misspellings in there, and in the past few years they came up with a novel invention called a spell checker, which works very well. Just FYI - I'm dyslexic and I still spell **** properly, so obviously it's not that hard. You really have no excuse aside from being lazy and/or an idiot.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 AM

I dare you to find a scientific or mathematic presentation document with bad spelling/capitalization. You will have a damn hard time, because nobody would take them seriously if they left misspellings in there, and in the past few years they came up with a novel invention called a spell checker, which works very well. Just FYI - I'm dyslexic and I still spell **** properly, so obviously it's not that hard. You really have no excuse aside from being lazy and/or an idiot.
Your post is null and void because you can spell correctly yet nobody takes you seriously either. So I see no relation here.

DO NOT WELD THE HOUSING. You will warp it. Quicksteel is actually the safest way to plug the holes.

Last edited by chris88z24; 07-24-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Einstein couldn't spell for ****.

Your post is null and void because you can spell correctly yet nobody takes you seriously either. So I see no relation here.
Haha, that is FUNNY!

DO NOT WELD THE HOUSING. You will warp it. Quicksteel is actually the safest way to plug the holes.

TrueStory.com

Quicksteel is the way to do it. I've got friends who have had it on their Grand Prix's M90 for over 20,000 miles with 2.55" pulleys.

Quick Reply: 5000mi update of S/C holes plugged (56k dont even try)