2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

5000mi update of S/C holes plugged (56k dont even try)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you know how to TIG weld you absolutely will NOT warp that housing... it's plenty thick to be able to handle being TIG welded.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
Come now children. I remember back in my day when I first joined this forum, someone could make a thread without it turning into a flame war. Perhaps those days shall return eventually

I agree, Ive been trying to say this for months now, sorry this was off topic, I just had to comment
Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Einstein couldn't spell for ****.
Einstein was also German and only moved to America after living in Europe for 60 years. Even then I found no proof of this horrible spelling you speak of.

Originally Posted by chris88z24
DO NOT WELD THE HOUSING. You will warp it. Quicksteel is actually the safest way to plug the holes.
Do you mean quicksteel the tube-mix epoxy, or magnum steel the other crap Ebristol used? Either way, like 607 said, if you know how to weld you will not warp the housing.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM

yeah i come for the entertainment somtimes but it is hard to get usefull info from this sight now days, alot of bs and flaming to sift through to find true answers, that is why lots of times i start my own threads...

then this tool comes in here and ruins mine telling me i know jack **** cause i type for speed not accuracy, ohh well cant win em all....

then he start saying show me this give me that... wtf has he earned from me, jack ****, demanding dynos and such... and then i give him a place to start telling him to look on the grand prix forum they've been doing it for years and some 100,000+ mi

once again he demands links and hard evidence, wanting me to do all the work for him, but yet im stupid cause i dont bother to do his homework??? wtf get real...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
then he start saying show me this give me that... wtf has he earned from me, jack ****, demanding dynos and such... and then i give him a place to start telling him to look on the grand prix forum they've been doing it for years and some 100,000+ mi

once again he demands links and hard evidence, wanting me to do all the work for him, but yet im stupid cause i dont bother to do his homework??? wtf get real...
I do the same thing when anyone claims something without proof. To date, only Dan at Clear Image Auto has actually backed up his claims with evidence instead of wild speculation.

When I did my searching I found about 5 threads where people with QS plugs broke up and bricked their engines. But I'm sure you didn't mention THOSE for a good reason.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
Einstein was also German and only moved to America after living in Europe for 60 years. Even then I found no proof of this horrible spelling you speak of.

Do you mean quicksteel the tube-mix epoxy, or magnum steel the other crap Ebristol used? Either way, like 607 said, if you know how to weld you will not warp the housing.

must you do this in my thread... your horing it up with your lack of knowledge of lsj, you havent been around long enough to start **** with everyone that posts, everything goes in one ear and out the other...

stop clogging up my thread with this spelling and einstien ****... say something usefull or get the **** out...

When I did my searching I found about 5 threads where people with QS plugs broke up and bricked their engines. Don't believe me? Google it.
links and hard evidence now!!!

ohh you make me sick, go ahead and keep up the bs... im off to get tuned by raven ss...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-24-2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

must you do this in my thread... your horing it up with your lack of knowledge of lsj, you havent been around long enough to start **** with everyone that posts, everything goes in one ear and out the other...

links and hard evidence now!!!
I'm not starting **** with everyone, just the tards like you. And you should thank me for keeping your little thread bumped to the top, else it would have sunk out by now.

As for the evidence, http://www.clubgp.com/ go nuts.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris88z24
Yes, because boosting supercharger efficiency and making your car whine is rice.
When you're using JB Weld/Quick Steel it is IMO. I could care less what you all do.

alot of knowledge you just shared... NOT
Apparently you missed the at the end.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 AM

Looks good so far....but...

2 dissimilar metals...differences in heat and cooling expansion properties for alum vs steel. Its not like tig welding it and it will fail at some point in time either cracking away from each other and hopefully staying in one piece and not going far or smaller pieces chunking off and.......Sure it might got 30k or even 50K maybe longer but the warranty will be out then anyway so who cares right....

Take a chance of that just for more noise? Whatever floats peoples boat I guess....
Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like this mod isn't quite as dumb as people made it out to be. If it increases supercharger efficiency, which means quicker boost, which means better tq, then I'm all for it. I don't really care that much about the supercharger whine. I haven't ever really heard mine whine ever. lol. Stock pulley, stock intake, and then the cutout is just so freaking loud.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 PM

I might get attacked for posting in this thread for having a low post count, or making a grammar error, or whatever... but I have a serious question. Why did you port around your throttle blade? It doesn't even close all the way anymore...
Old 07-27-2008, 05:50 PM

The sound of supercharger whine is beautiful in my opinion so I could see why people would want it...but it's sort of the same thing with turbo bovs; doesn't really do anything except make the sound louder...some people like it some people don't.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by MTchevy1
I might get attacked for posting in this thread for having a low post count, or making a grammar error, or whatever... but I have a serious question. Why did you port around your throttle blade? It doesn't even close all the way anymore...
if you ever had the throttle body off before, or any fly-by-wire TB you would know that in those pics it is not closed all the way it is in the relaxed position... thats why... its spring loaded and sits in a open position when theres no power hooked up... dont worry i like to think i know what im doing... this wasent my first port and polish...

and about the grammer no-one gives a **** except for that one ass-hat
Old 07-27-2008, 06:42 PM

I do the same thing when anyone claims something without proof. To date, only Dan at Clear Image Auto has actually backed up his claims with evidence instead of wild speculation.

When I did my searching I found about 5 threads where people with QS plugs broke up and bricked their engines. But I'm sure you didn't mention THOSE for a good reason.
ok so here is my question if the quicksteal breaks off and falls into the intake, how in the hell is it gonna get past those restrictive ass laminovas to go into the intake ports so it can "brick the motor"? just a small question take your time answering it.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:45 PM

yeah jimbo i dont even bother with him he's a clown...always making me laugh...
Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 PM

yeah jimbo i dont even bother with him he's a clown...always making me laugh...
true, haha, but anyone who's had the intake manifold off would know there is no way in hell you could possibly get a huge chunk of quicksteal past the laminova cores, worst case scenario, fucked up intake manifold.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 PM

true true, that is why i felt 100% comfertable with doing it... so how ya been?
Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 PM

true true, that is why i felt 100% comfertable with doing it... so how ya been?
doing good, but getting anxious about getting back to work and my car is still not here! riding my motorcycle alot though.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM

dont you hate that your baby is in someone elses care? i'll bet its dirty as **** everytime it gets off the boat ehh? or is it inside/enclosed? its not ion a shipping container right? its like a huge parking structure on a boat? i know nothing about these things...
Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM

dont you hate that your baby is in someone elses care? i'll bet its dirty as **** everytime it gets off the boat ehh? or is it inside/enclosed? its not ion a shipping container right? its like a huge parking structure on a boat? i know nothing about these things...
idk how they work it on the boats, but lately those failboat posters having really been getting to me
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM

ha ha ohh **** that gotta a smile out of me...
Old 07-28-2008, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
ok so here is my question if the quicksteal breaks off and falls into the intake, how in the hell is it gonna get past those restrictive ass laminovas to go into the intake ports so it can "brick the motor"? just a small question take your time answering it.
i had a discussion about this with my buddy who works for GM, and also has an ss/sc. he told me there was pretty much no way that it would get into the engine, and if it did happen you come off and go into the intake manifold, the difference in sound and possible rattling noise would give it way...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:23 PM

can someone post a BEFORE pic of the silencer holes. thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turboeco
Can you please tell me where you got that adapter plate?
OTTP have one comes with a gasket fits perfectly....
Old 11-06-2008, 03:21 PM

nevermind. lol. got the info and got it done. so what really is the difference in the quick steel and magnum steel? i used the quick steel.