2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Aftermarket Cylinder Heads for LSJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Cylinder Heads for LSJ

so is there currently any after market already ported cylinder heads on the market for the LSJ, I been talking to a distributor for Patriot which currently makes a very good product for the L61 about interest for this, so is there interest in a Patriot head for the LSJ , who all wants this?

And dont go responding with idiotic responses about the stock head being good enough because anyone in their right mind knows the valvetrain could use some improvement to hold high boost not to mention flow alot better than what it does now

Count me in
1. Rodimus Prime
Old 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM

http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/...Cobalt/Redline
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM

i meant for a decent cost comparable to the L61 heads which are like 1300 shipped with a full built and bigger valvetrain not a stock one for 1500 bucks like j body performance
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM

Yea and getting a new cylinder head is a very key part to making big power, it seems like alot of folks on here just slap on smaller pulleys whenever they want more power and dont do anything to cool down the air and make the air efficient in the motor. More Psi doesnt always mean more power,

I'm going to try and see just how much power I can make without touching the stock boost level doing that will have alot less pressure on the motor

I have the following mods planned
ZZP Upper Engine Mount
ZZP Tranny Mounts
Gm Dual Pass Intercooler Plate
Cobalt Addiction Intercooler
Coolingmist water methanol injection and I run an M2 injector with 100psi pump and Boostjuice from Snow performance which is a 50/50 premixed water methanol
Injen Intake
Intense Shorty Header
Hahn 3 inch downpipe w/cat (I live in PA we have emissions I have to have one)
Some prefab 3 inch catback system

Hoping they make a stage 2 fully assembled Patriot head with oversize valves stronger stuff and port job
JBP Cams
Hp Tuners
Intense Machined supercharger

With all that stuff I should be pretty efficient on stock boost and actually have more power and be less harder on the engine, I may even see a drop in boost pressure overall. As I said though more boost doesnt really mean more power the lower you can keep the boost pressure inside the head the better it will be for everything else, I wont add beyond stage 2 unless im getting a built motor I dont trust the stock pistons
Old 11-27-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
Yea and getting a new cylinder head is a very key part to making big power, it seems like alot of folks on here just slap on smaller pulleys whenever they want more power and dont do anything to cool down the air and make the air efficient in the motor. More Psi doesnt always mean more power,

I'm going to try and see just how much power I can make without touching the stock boost level doing that will have alot less pressure on the motor

I have the following mods planned
ZZP Upper Engine Mount
ZZP Tranny Mounts
Gm Dual Pass Intercooler Plate
Cobalt Addiction Intercooler
Coolingmist water methanol injection and I run an M2 injector with 100psi pump and Boostjuice from Snow performance which is a 50/50 premixed water methanol
Injen Intake
Intense Shorty Header
Hahn 3 inch downpipe w/cat (I live in PA we have emissions I have to have one)
Some prefab 3 inch catback system

Hoping they make a stage 2 fully assembled Patriot head with oversize valves stronger stuff and port job
JBP Cams
Hp Tuners
Intense Machined supercharger

With all that stuff I should be pretty efficient on stock boost and actually have more power and be less harder on the engine, I may even see a drop in boost pressure overall. As I said though more boost doesnt really mean more power the lower you can keep the boost pressure inside the head the better it will be for everything else, I wont add beyond stage 2 unless im getting a built motor I dont trust the stock pistons
^
^
^
^
^
I couldn't agree more!
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 AM

The stock LSJ head is already a very good head. Its made my Saab as opposed to the other ecotecs which have a GM made head. Just port and polish yours and put in oversized valves and five angle valve jobs.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Um yeah why would you want an aftermarket head when gm makes a fully C.N.C.ed (thats automated to you mornons out there) ported head
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...onents-C9.aspx
And comp makes cams you will need tuning pistons and valve springs but it would get you in the range of stg3 SRT4s

umm edit that link is for L61 only but gm dose have a cnc LSJ head they used it in the 1000 and 1400hp build up just migh have to call some one at gm racing or GMPP
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Black SS
The stock LSJ head is already a very good head. Its made my Saab as opposed to the other ecotecs which have a GM made head. Just port and polish yours and put in oversized valves and five angle valve jobs.
Also i wouldnt advise going over the stock valve size
The whole "well im going to cram some big valves in my motor" is bs
If you go to big you create turbulence and we have a 4 valve motor it is not necisary.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:38 AM

Valve Size plays a Big part on All motor Cars Not so on Forced induction motors Like the LSJ
On our S2000 Based Race car we kept the stock Valve Sizes and have made near 1000Rwhp With them
With the extreme heat in the combustion chamber using larger sized valves brings the valves too close together leaving less material between them.
A port and Polish job is a better idea along with some better springs and retainers
The key to making some more power is reving the motor higher .
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 AM

Why does it not suprise me that the members of this site would choose to pay over $1500 for a BARE (this means NOTHING BUT THE HEAD, NO COMPONENTS OF THE VALVETRAIN AT ALL) P'n'P head or pay almost $2000 for a P'n'P head with new valvetrain and hidden flow numbers, instead of wanting to pay about $1300 or so for a full 5 axis CNC (someone calling you all morons explained what this meant already) P'n'P head made by a company that is well know with bigger valves, better valvetrain components and flow test results that are openly shared.

Oh well. Your guys loss. I love my Patriot head as do the 9 customers I've sold them too and all the other Ecotec owners with them.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be interested....too bad I don't have funds as of now
Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by hypsy
Why does it not suprise me that the members of this site would choose to pay over $1500 for a BARE (this means NOTHING BUT THE HEAD, NO COMPONENTS OF THE VALVETRAIN AT ALL) P'n'P head or pay almost $2000 for a P'n'P head with new valvetrain and hidden flow numbers, instead of wanting to pay about $1300 or so for a full 5 axis CNC (someone calling you all morons explained what this meant already) P'n'P head made by a company that is well know with bigger valves, better valvetrain components and flow test results that are openly shared.

Oh well. Your guys loss. I love my Patriot head as do the 9 customers I've sold them too and all the other Ecotec owners with them.
OMG thank you another smart person!!!!!
And you are right JBP =
The info on the saab/lsj head that is CNC ported is in the build book! and if you dont know what the build book is then stop dreaming! go do some research.

Oh BTW dose patriot do an lsj head?? i knew they were doing other ecotec stuff but wasnt shure about lsj.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gory
And you are right JBP =
The info on the saab/lsj head that is CNC ported is in the build book! and if you dont know what the build book is then stop dreaming! go do some research.

Oh BTW dose patriot do an lsj head?? i knew they were doing other ecotec stuff but wasnt shure about lsj.
They are basically the same but here are the differences:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 AM

THats what we are trying to make happen Patriot making an LSJ head
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Gory
And you are right JBP =

Hey ex-lax....your one of the morons that I was referring to. Your the one that is telling people to spend $1500 or more on a BARE FRIGGIN' HEAD. That GM head is good but is not worth that price bare. But hey...if you wanna waste your money go ahead...I'm still gonna try and help he people who DON'T like wasting money.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 AM

Your best bet is to use the stock head and buy ferrea valves and springs.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 AM

Hey ex-lax....your one of the morons that I was referring to. Your the one that is telling people to spend $1500 or more on a BARE FRIGGIN' HEAD. That GM head is good but is not worth that price bare. But hey...if you wanna waste your money go ahead...I'm still gonna try and help he people who DON'T like wasting money.
Are you ever respectful? Or do you prefer to come on this forum and be condescending? Try and have a little tact or STFU!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 PM

Being that my crystal ball broke, why don't you enlighten us with specifics on the Patriot head such as whats included as far as the valvetrain goes (brand name parts?). Jbody Performance is a supporting vendor, common sense would tell you that this is the product most people on this site would be aware of.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs
Are you ever respectful? Or do you prefer to come on this forum and be condescending? Try and have a little tact or STFU!
I'm respectful when I have a need to be. He is trying to twist my words and make it sound like I'm saying to buy the GM head, which I'm not at all, so I'll let him know in my manner of choosing. Thanks for playing though.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
Being that my crystal ball broke, why don't you enlighten us with specifics on the Patriot head such as whats included as far as the valvetrain goes (brand name parts?). Jbody Performance is a supporting vendor, common sense would tell you that this is the product most people on this site would be aware of.
Well I can't give you the specifics on the LSJ setup BECAUSE IT ISN'T MADE YET. That was the point of this post. DUH. All of their other heads use their privately labeled brand which is made for them by another big brand company.

I'm well aware that JBP is a supporting vendor but $2000 for a stage 2 head is rediculous so we were trying to help by getting another option on the market. But hey...it's another case where this site is shooting itself in the foot, just like when I tried to get you guys more hoods. Y'all are so quick to bash people and companies instead of embracing new parts from companies that have been around for a good while. Your loss not mine. I can get all the L61 heads I need because we actually wanted a new part at a reasonable price and got it.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 PM

Well I can't give you the specifics on the LSJ setup BECAUSE IT ISN'T MADE YET. That was the point of this post. DUH. All of their other heads use their privately labeled brand which is made for them by another big brand company.

I'm well aware that JBP is a supporting vendor but $2000 for a stage 2 head is rediculous so we were trying to help by getting another option on the market. But hey...it's another case where this site is shooting itself in the foot, just like when I tried to get you guys more hoods. Y'all are so quick to bash people and companies instead of embracing new parts from companies that have been around for a good while. Your loss not mine. I can get all the L61 heads I need because we actually wanted a new part at a reasonable price and got it.
OK, so the head you state that we're all too stupid to realize is the better head is not even made yet? A little quick to jump to the insults, aren't we?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:39 PM

But hey...it's another case where this site is shooting itself in the foot, just like when I tried to get you guys more hoods. Y'all are so quick to bash people and companies instead of embracing new parts from companies that have been around for a good while. Your loss not mine. I can get all the L61 heads I need because we actually wanted a new part at a reasonable price and got it.
People bash you because you're an *******. I would never do business with you because of that. Maybe if you were respectful, you would have sold more than 9 whole heads. Go back to j-body.org, we don't need another negative show off trying to ruin our forum.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 PM

People bash you because you're an *******.
I think people would respond more positively to your "Team Vision Racing" and to you Rodimus, if you two phrased things a little differently. Your posts took a wrong turn when you bashed a supporting vendor's product, attempting to swing some kind of virtual internet forum favor towards a product that doesn't exist yet.
This thread would have a totally different flavor if you had just been less abrasive.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
OK, so the head you state that we're all too stupid to realize is the better head is not even made yet? A little quick to jump to the insults, aren't we?
Please show me were I said the head was better and that it was made already. Matt even said he was trying to get them made. I'm just posting my feelings on the subject, who said I even had anything to do with selling these things?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM

People bash you because you're an *******. I would never do business with you because of that. Maybe if you were respectful, you would have sold more than 9 whole heads. Go back to j-body.org, we don't need another negative show off trying to ruin our forum.
I'm an ******* because you people drive me to it. Stupidity irritates me and I turn into an ass when irritated. See the trend here.

I think that for not advertising AT ALL and only being around for 10 months that selling 9 heads, and now 10 as of today, is pretty damn good considering how few people there are that have the need for a better head and the money to buy one.

Oh and I would also have a few more sales if I hadn't told people to save their money and buy other parts first instead of getting the head right away.

All that said...I'm doing very good with my business thank you. Whether or not you think I'm respectful doesn't seem to care to people who want to buy parts from someone with knowledge about them and experience with them.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Cylinder Heads for LSJ