2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

AIS Meth install help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIS Meth install help

Ok, am I retarded or what. Here is a shot of the pieces I got for installing the meth nozzle and stuff. I bought one of those spacers from SJSchafer that is already tapped.

Looking around at other pictures it looks like the bottom of the 90 degree elbow should be sitting flush with the top of the tapped hole on the throttle body spacer, but I cant figure it out. The fitting with the nozzle and filter doesnt want to thread into the tb spacer, but thats the only way it makes sense to me.

Am i missing something or is the tap just messed up or what??

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Mike,

This is a new nozzle design. However this nozzle is the same size and thread as our other nozzles. If the nozzle doesn't thread into the spacer then the spacer needs to be tapped deeper to open up the whole more or was not machined for 1/8 NPT. Buy a 1/8 NPT -27 tap and run it through the whole. This is a simple fix.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rodney
Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by 06_SS_S/C
Ok, am I retarded or what. Here is a shot of the pieces I got for installing the meth nozzle and stuff. I bought one of those spacers from SJSchafer that is already tapped.

Looking around at other pictures it looks like the bottom of the 90 degree elbow should be sitting flush with the top of the tapped hole on the throttle body spacer, but I cant figure it out. The fitting with the nozzle and filter doesnt want to thread into the tb spacer, but thats the only way it makes sense to me.

Am i missing something or is the tap just messed up or what??

Have you worked everything out or do you still need help assembling your nozzle assembly? The nozzle (piece with the screen filter attached to it) threads into the 90 degree elbow (nozzle holder) with the screen located inside the elbow. Next attach your quick connect fitting. This is the fitting located just above the elbow. Once done its complete.

Simply thread the nozzle assembly into your spacer.

Let me know if you have any other questions. The additional larger fitting to the right is the fitting for your tank. It comes with course threads which will thread into the plastic once you drill the hole. Remember to go small on the hole and let the fitting thread into it. Use a 12mm socket and ratchet to screw it in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rodney