2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ANOTHER build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well when pistons show up this week, my whole rotating assembly is being sent to edmonton for a static balance as i opted to do a balance shafts delete, so everything has to be perfect lol, new sleeve is arranged to be put in this week, assembly should begin as early as early next week, and than i find out if i missed anything, block is nice and cleaned up, painted gloss block, supercharger is ported, head work is being put off till i get a spare and figure out what i want for cam, everythiung on this motor is gonna be black and chrome , maybe just maybe a touch of orange we shall see, but there are more suprises for this summer, some know some dont, hoping to be driving my car by end of may blah im behind schedule by 3 weeks, thanks to my pistons
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by sunfirejoe
well when pistons show up this week, my whole rotating assembly is being sent to edmonton for a static balance as i opted to do a balance shafts delete, so everything has to be perfect lol, new sleeve is arranged to be put in this week, assembly should begin as early as early next week, and than i find out if i missed anything, block is nice and cleaned up, painted gloss block, supercharger is ported, head work is being put off till i get a spare and figure out what i want for cam, everythiung on this motor is gonna be black and chrome , maybe just maybe a touch of orange we shall see, but there are more suprises for this summer, some know some dont, hoping to be driving my car by end of may blah im behind schedule by 3 weeks, thanks to my pistons
Just 3 weeks Joe
Wait until your a year behind schedule.
I waited 5 months for my Wiseco pistons.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM

well itll be longer now as the balancing shop is gonne be a while, my balance delete kit is 2 weeks away and itll take me 2 weeks to build the thing cuz i dont have much time lol
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you blow your motor with the new pistons or were those the stockers
Old 05-02-2007, 02:55 PM

stockers im just in the building stage
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM

well machine shop has my pistons, rods, crank, flywheel , so now im laughing, but still waiting on rings , man when everything looks awesome things turn around on you so quick lol, so once rings show up, i send them away with my new bearing oops to my machine shop, and than hope and wait

i really wanna get this build done so i can see the results , will be ncie just for the power gain with the balance shafts, ohh yah i said no balance shafts

Last edited by sunfirejoe; 05-08-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 AM

you need to baLAnce it if you want it to hold together at high rpm.
i even had my last v8 balanced, and I never took it past 7k.
for all the time and money your investing, just balance it to be sure.
even your new piston set will not be perfectly static balanced.
do it man, do it.

you also have a different flywheel, so theres another reaason to balance it.
but then you need to stay with that flywheel too.

Last edited by firestorm; 05-13-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2007, 04:05 PM

thats why everything is at pro stock for balancing
Old 05-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by firestorm
you need to baLAnce it if you want it to hold together at high rpm.
i even had my last v8 balanced, and I never took it past 7k.
for all the time and money your investing, just balance it to be sure.
even your new piston set will not be perfectly static balanced.
do it man, do it.

you also have a different flywheel, so theres another reaason to balance it.
but then you need to stay with that flywheel too.
Exactly, it's for high rpms. If you're just riding on the street you can get away with a harmonic balancer and a balance shaft. But, if you're going to be racing and especially if you're doing a balance shaft delete and going with a lightweight crank pulley you MUST balance.

This is why all F1 cars and F1 inspired engines are balanced. An example is the NSX; every piston in the NSX has a slightly different weight for balancing purposes (It has no balance shaft, nor does the Acura Legend 3.2).
Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM

trust me i decided to balance as soon as i decided against the balance shafts, it shall be fun, im interested in seeing what my car would make stock pulleys and supercharger but thats impossible
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 AM

welll full balancing is done, and assembly is well pretty well done
Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Banned

I talked to a race shop and he said it wont need to be balanced unless you are going to be running it up to some crazy rpm's. He builds alot of engines so take his advice as you will.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 AM

i balanced as is it makes sense i dont want a mistake to happen, should help the motor turn a little more smootly too, really for the cost of balancing i couldnt pass it up

why risk my rebuild over one small mistake, and go oh **** i wish i would have

Last edited by sunfirejoe; 06-18-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
Holy ****, that started out as maintenance?
Good luck with that. How many miles are on there, is all that about how it is supposed to look? Sorry, I'm a newb to internals, so pointers are welcome
Same here, always learning something new on here!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:58 PM

well when im done ill have a detailed thread of my build with pictures, and somewhat of a parts list, so people in the future know what to get
Old 07-30-2007, 05:12 AM

K guys long story short, fixing my car this weekend, got motor back in and together anyways,

i went to hook up battery no keys in ignition, it tries starting, well pull power from, NOW i believe the car is in theft deterrent any ideas how to get it out, bassically my ignition is cut off, as well as my pcm is locked out, i pretty positive my pcm is ok, but i ordered a new in case, m prettys ure its fine b/c on tylers car the fuel and power steering lights do not come on, b/c it has a pcm, but it wont start b/c the wrong VIN, sooooo

how do i get it out of theft detterent, someone must know on this site
Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM

if your locked out, you cant use hpt to disable VATS.
i bet gm has a procedure of key on wait 30 secs, key off 15 secs, key on 30 secs and so on. i dont remeber what my truck one was, when putting a different pcm in it. it was called security relearn. try googling that Joe. oh, and Joe, hook up a batt charger if its drained at all, you could fry your pcm if battt dies during this or any flashing.

For Bonneville, Regal, Impala, and Monte Carlo vehicles 1997-2004 and Cobalt, ION 2004-2006:

Set the parking brake to disable the daytime running lights system to avoid draining the vehicles battery.
Try to start the vehicle by turning the key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key). Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.
Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard or driver information center. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.
Turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.
Try to start the vehicle by turning the key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key). Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.
Observe the SECURITY telltale on the dashboard or driver information center. After approximately ten minutes it should turn off for the first time.
Start the vehicle.
http://www.intense-racing.com/sec_relearn.html

Last edited by firestorm; 07-30-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by sunfirejoe
K guys long story short, fixing my car this weekend, got motor back in and together anyways,

i went to hook up battery no keys in ignition, it tries starting, well pull power from, NOW i believe the car is in theft deterrent any ideas how to get it out, bassically my ignition is cut off, as well as my pcm is locked out, i pretty positive my pcm is ok, but i ordered a new in case, m prettys ure its fine b/c on tylers car the fuel and power steering lights do not come on, b/c it has a pcm, but it wont start b/c the wrong VIN, sooooo

how do i get it out of theft detterent, someone must know on this site
if your locked out, you cant use hpt to disable VATS.
i bet gm has a procedure of key on wait 30 secs, key off 15 secs, key on 30 secs and so on. i dont remeber what my truck one was, when putting a different pcm in it. it was called security relearn. try googling that Joe.
This straight from the Service Manual and perhaps this should be put somewhere everyone can see it.

There are 2 ways to do this. One is a 10 minute option that requires a Tech 2 and a techline terminal. Lets skip to the second way.

30-minute Learn Procedure.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF
2. Attempt to start the engine, release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:22 PM

thx Red, i guess Joe is just leaving the thinking to the old guys!!!
young bucks, sheesh, lol.

Oh and Red, Kelowna is being nice to me. The local plant life is amazing.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

thx Red, i guess Joe is just leaving the thinking to the old guys!!!
young bucks, sheesh, lol.

Oh and Red, Kelowna is being nice to me. The local plant life is amazing.
I am glad you ran into Bud while your there.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM

damnit ti did not work, im gonna try again tonight . its getting upsetting i got some testing to do
Old 08-08-2007, 03:01 AM

PCM = fried, ordered one early early last week, it still has not showed up
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 AM

IT RUNS< I HAVE A STICKY LIFTER AND AN EXTREMELY LOUD TOP END< im gonna check the torque on the cams but ti ******* runs, lol, need to bleed the clutch and change the oil now

videos next week when i get back from BC

Last edited by sunfirejoe; 08-09-2007 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM

i cant wait until it's completely running .. ive been following this thread since the second post lol .. good luck man !!!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Thats great news man....Good luck getting the lifter/other probs fixed.... can't wait to see the videos.....Did you have anything done the the head? or is it still stock?

Quick Reply: ANOTHER build thread