2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Another reason why i hate iowa

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another reason why i hate iowa

Well today i went down to my dealership to set up an apointment to get all my parts installed (gm2, manifold,exhaust...big thanks to CED ) and the guy im talking to looks at me like im retarded. 1st he tells me that they dont do that kind of work there and i look at him like wtf? Then he tells me that unless i got the parts from them they can not install it. So at this point im both mad and confused from his idiocity and i tell him to let me talk to someone more qualified, think i pissed him off a lil bit, and so now im talking to the head tech down there and he say that they can do the work but seemed realy skeptical about it AND they quoted me at around $600 to have everything installed . Aparently no one down there has ever did more then an oil change on a SS/SC. I have the only SS/SC in my city so i guess thats why. So my question is if I can have a local shop do the install and then go back to the dealership to have them flash it,the shop i went to was like ' Hell yea we can do it...we have always wanted to work on one of these ".....they also did all the work on my gsx so i know they are good, or is that a no no with the warranty?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned

do it. your warranty is good regardless of who installs the parts. be sure to keep the instructions from the stage 2 so you have the number to get the reflash though.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by jeremie
do it. your warranty is good regardless of who installs the parts. be sure to keep the instructions from the stage 2 so you have the number to get the reflash though.
I think you are wrong. The parts need to be installed by a GM certified tech for the warranty to be good.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:23 AM

Grab your **** and don't let them touch anything! Find another dealer to do it. If they have never done a Stage 2 install, they will prob mess up the pulley install since they prob don't have the pulley puller.

You did it right though, got all the parts and are going to have them put on at once! That's what I want to do as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:50 AM

Does any1 know for certin wether or not it voids the warranyif i have some1 else put on all the parts? Cause i realy dont trust the guys at the dealership....they scare me
Old 11-28-2006, 06:58 AM

NO the warenty is not void if someone else installs the product.
But if you have a problem down the road your dealer will try to blame it on the work done by the none Gm techs.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:08 AM

I also believe that the parts must be installed by a GM technician. Otherwise if there were to be a problem, I think many dealerships will throw the BS flag and blame it on in-experience from the shop that you go to. Unless you can find a shop that is backed by GM such as the dealerships are.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:01 AM

you could drive to Winona, MN - local Chevy Dealership and get those 3 exact things installed for $298 - that's what it cost me... yea, its a bit of a drive but its also $300 cheaper and check out your new mods on I-90... just a suggestion

I'd stick with GM dealership though for warranty purposes...

PS - Iowa bothers me too, the cops can see you from across the state due the state is completely flat - been pulled over many times down there back in the day
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by IMADreamer
I think you are wrong. The parts need to be installed by a GM certified tech for the warranty to be good.
wrong. build book and stage 2 install manual shows you everything u have to do. the only thing required by a gm tech is the flash - w/o that your warranty is void.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by portergraph
...been pulled over many times down there back in the day
at least they finally raised their interstate speed limit to 70 like the rest of the civilized world. (or most of it)

winona's cool - wife went to school there.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 05REDROCKET
NO the warenty is not void if someone else installs the product.
But if you have a problem down the road your dealer will try to blame it on the work done by the none Gm techs.

Look at this logically for one second. Why in the hell would a dealership cover someone elses work? They won't. If a noncertified GM dealer installs your stuff it's not covered. I promise you that much.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
wrong. build book and stage 2 install manual shows you everything u have to do. the only thing required by a gm tech is the flash - w/o that your warranty is void.

Try it then. They will not cover the work, if they do you have found the one sucker dealership in America.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by IMADreamer
Try it then. They will not cover the work, if they do you have found the one sucker dealership in America.
GM build book states you can do it yourself per the book's instructions and have the flash done at a dealership and all is covered. read it. if a dealership doesn't cover it and i did the work i'd walk in w/ the book, say cover it, if they don't, call up GM. simple as that.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
GM build book states you can do it yourself per the book's instructions and have the flash done at a dealership and all is covered. read it. if a dealership doesn't cover it and i did the work i'd walk in w/ the book, say cover it, if they don't, call up GM. simple as that.
It says in the build book that your work is covered? Could you scan that for me please? I find it hard to believe any company would be stupid enough to warranty a DIYers work.

Seriously though, good luck with that. You better bring your book and your lawyer to the dealership because they aren't covering it.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Banned

It does not say anything like that in the build book. And the stage 2 instructions are meant for the tech at the dealer since it was created to be installed by a dealer.

We only cover items we install at my dealership, none of the "i did it mysell and now somethings wrong, please fix it, I have a "warranty" The only warranty you would have by installing it yourself is warranty on the parts themselves.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:29 PM

Hey all you omaha people, who installs all your stuff? I only live an hour away from there. I realy realy realy dont want my dealership to do the install and ill travel if i have to to get this done.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:54 PM

VOID, for sure, im so sure that if i am wrong i will personaly get down on my knees and suck ur *****. and i aint gay. end of story
Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Hey man if you don't mind the drive go to Karl Chevy in Ankeney. Great guys over there they have done at least one stage 2. Very good dealership
Old 11-28-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by hornetracer8
Hey man if you don't mind the drive go to Karl Chevy in Ankeney. Great guys over there they have done at least one stage 2. Very good dealership
What part of iowa is that from?....im from sioux city
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 PM

Belmond
Northern Iowa
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 PM

My bad Karl Chevy is in central iowa Just north of Des Moines

I'm from Belmond
Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 PM

Belmond
Northern Iowa
You wouldn't happen to have a phone # to the dealership there would you?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by StreetLC
You wouldn't happen to have a phone # to the dealership there would you?
1800 622 8264

ask for joel in service.

They are probley open now but joel won't be there he is a 9 to 5'er

Hope this helps
Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 PM

1800 622 8264

ask for joel in service.

They are probley open now but joel won't be there he is a 9 to 5'er

Hope this helps
Hey thanks a lot man that realy helps....im gona give them a call tommorow
Old 11-28-2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by StreetLC
Well today i went down to my dealership to set up an apointment to get all my parts installed (gm2, manifold,exhaust...big thanks to CED ) and the guy im talking to looks at me like im retarded. 1st he tells me that they dont do that kind of work there and i look at him like wtf? Then he tells me that unless i got the parts from them they can not install it. So at this point im both mad and confused from his idiocity and i tell him to let me talk to someone more qualified, think i pissed him off a lil bit, and so now im talking to the head tech down there and he say that they can do the work but seemed realy skeptical about it AND they quoted me at around $600 to have everything installed . Aparently no one down there has ever did more then an oil change on a SS/SC. I have the only SS/SC in my city so i guess thats why. So my question is if I can have a local shop do the install and then go back to the dealership to have them flash it,the shop i went to was like ' Hell yea we can do it...we have always wanted to work on one of these ".....they also did all the work on my gsx so i know they are good, or is that a no no with the warranty?
hey dude pm me and i know exactly where to get it done at...
and im not too far away from you... from my home its about 15 minutes in omaha but trust me the trip is worth it

you even get a free car wash

and its a dealer were i get some of my stuff done so it will be covered

Last edited by CbYellowSS; 11-28-2006 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Another reason why i hate iowa