2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Ark Catback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clips make it sound really loud. Is it really that loud in person?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually after listening to the clips now that I've had my exhaust for a little while, find it doesnt sound the same and the video kills the sound quality. It IS loud, but it sounds amazing.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by damien
I actually after listening to the clips now that I've had my exhaust for a little while, find it doesnt sound the same and the video kills the sound quality. It IS loud, but it sounds amazing.

Is it annoyin loud or get pulled over by cops loud? I hope its only really loud in the higher rpms...
What you mean by doesnt sound the same? Does it sound worse?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Does the ark rub? I read a few pages back that it did, but that conversation seemed to fall off. It looks awesome, and sounds great though!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
Is it annoyin loud or get pulled over by cops loud? I hope its only really loud in the higher rpms...
What you mean by doesnt sound the same? Does it sound worse?
I rev at cops all the time, and I have yet to be stopped from my exhaust. Everytime I was stopped was before my exhaust, and it was because my window tint.

Originally Posted by SSMOKEM
Does the ark rub? I read a few pages back that it did, but that conversation seemed to fall off. It looks awesome, and sounds great though!
It doesn't rub under the body at all. I have noticed though, the tip will slide over and hit the rear lip and melt it. Mine has happened, though you CAN NOT notice it unless you look from 2 inches away.

It has only done this when I take some hard turns and get the car to lean.

Now that I have lowered it, it barely seems to move from center after I do hard turns.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have it on my 2.4, and I love it! When your slowing down it burbles alot, kinda like an SRT-4, but not quite as much as one thankfully. I have it paired with a CA header and XTC 2.5" de-cat downpipe, and it sounds amazing! And LOUD if your into that. I followed that exhaust since first catching wind of it on ARK's website, as im a huge fan of canister style exhausts, especially angled ones, as I had an Apex-i GT spec on my RX-7 when I had it. So after pre-ordering and waiting months, I finally got it and installed it back in November, and it was well worth the wait!

I rev at cops all the time, and I have yet to be stopped from my exhaust. Everytime I was stopped was before my exhaust, and it was because my window tint.

It doesn't rub under the body at all. I have noticed though, the tip will slide over and hit the rear lip and melt it. Mine has happened, though you CAN NOT notice it unless you look from 2 inches away.

It has only done this when I take some hard turns and get the car to lean.

Now that I have lowered it, it barely seems to move from center after I do hard turns.

I got two exhaust tickets w/ my ARK N2 already. VA is hard on that matter. And no rubbing at all on my 2.4. Fits like a charm!

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 03-16-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM

http://www.arkspeedracing.com/05_ON_...m0402-005s.htm

Now theres another exhaust comin out, the DT-S. Its supposed to be quieter, but accordin to the video clips, its louder than the N2. And for the N2, the meter is restin right on the exhaust, but for the DT-S, its restin on the middle of the bumper. Btw, the N2 is circle shaped right b4 the tip, but the DT-S is oval shaped. That has to do wit sound, right?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
Btw, the N2 is circle shaped right b4 the tip, but the DT-S is oval shaped. That has to do wit sound, right?
Yeah that's correct. We were there when they shot the video and we're pretty sure the DT-S was quieter than the N2. Both systems sounded great but we decided to go with the N2. I'm more partial to the canister exhaust. I also have an ARK N2 exhaust on my supra.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM

Alrighty so I finally got the damn exhaust installed and OMG does it sound sweet!!! I have some pics and some sound clips that I will post later on tonight when I get the camera back. The pitch from it is very very deep and loud. It is tolerable though. Thank you an awesome product ARK! Again, Ill post pics and vids later tonight as well as another vid in another 200 miles to see how its broken in. Thank you again ARK!!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
Alrighty so I finally got the damn exhaust installed and OMG does it sound sweet!!! I have some pics and some sound clips that I will post later on tonight when I get the camera back. The pitch from it is very very deep and loud. It is tolerable though. Thank you an awesome product ARK! Again, Ill post pics and vids later tonight as well as another vid in another 200 miles to see how its broken in. Thank you again ARK!!
Congrats on the purchase. It's a SICK exhaust.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Not a Sebring

yes, yes it is. So I believe i'm still the only 2.4 running this exhaust. I hope it stays that way!

On another funnier note, my girlfriend hates how loud my exhaust is........and yet, what is she ordering for her '05 Tiburon V6 now? A Tanabe hyper-medallion dual exhaust! lol. She's so strange, I guess thats why I love her so much!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
yes, yes it is. So I believe i'm still the only 2.4 running this exhaust. I hope it stays that way!

On another funnier note, my girlfriend hates how loud my exhaust is........and yet, what is she ordering for her '05 Tiburon V6 now? A Tanabe hyper-medallion dual exhaust! lol. She's so strange, I guess thats why I love her so much!
She didn't wanna go with the ARK exhaust for her Tiburon?
Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by supradupra_17
She didn't wanna go with the ARK exhaust for her Tiburon?
Nope. She dosen't like the size of the canisters on the ARK exhaust. The Tanabe Hyper-Medallion has large oval mufflers and tips similar to the stock size, so its more "under the radar".....not quite as obnoxious looking as the ARK system. She dosen't want a stack of exhaust tickets like me I guess, lol. It would be sick if she got the ARK dual-titanium though.

P.S.- Aren't you the same username over on .com? Black Supra with what looks to be Volk SF Challenge wheels right? I'm the guy who started the ARK thread over there. I've been pioneering this exhaust for Cobalts since day 1. (well, with the exception of your girlfriend who was their test bed!)
Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM

I did hear Damiens exhaust on his and I LOVE the tone. Haven't ridden in it yet, but it has a very nice deep sound to it, even cold. Not tinny nor high pitched what so ever. The only thing that has me on the fence as far as picking one up is the size of the folgers can stickin out the back. I even dig the Supra look, but am unsure about the 10" muffler. lol...
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 AM

^^^Is it really that big? I wanna order it but i might want the DT-S instead. Is that gonna be a lot quieter and deeper soundin? Will it be less obnoxious lookin?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:09 AM

Not too sure, I haven't been on the site in awhile because of how bad I really want an exhaust. lol..Been feenin for quite sometime now. The muffler isn't 10" lol...It's just a bit big for my taste. I can honestly say that, for the sound and fitment quality from what Dan said and I heard, I would buy it anywayz...

You hear that ARK, I'm promotin ya, you should hook me up wit a good deal on your exhaust. lol...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Nope. She dosen't like the size of the canisters on the ARK exhaust. The Tanabe Hyper-Medallion has large oval mufflers and tips similar to the stock size, so its more "under the radar".....not quite as obnoxious looking as the ARK system. She dosen't want a stack of exhaust tickets like me I guess, lol. It would be sick if she got the ARK dual-titanium though.

P.S.- Aren't you the same username over on .com? Black Supra with what looks to be Volk SF Challenge wheels right? I'm the guy who started the ARK thread over there. I've been pioneering this exhaust for Cobalts since day 1. (well, with the exception of your girlfriend who was their test bed!)
Yeah that's me and yes I have SF Challenges. That's unfortunate that you have received soo many tickets. We haven't received a single exhaust ticket *knock on wood*. The only Tanabe exhausts I know are the ones made for Supras and they seem pretty "canister" like...That would be sick if she did get the dual-titanium though.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 AM

ok where are the video clips?? i wanna hear this
Old 04-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
ok where are the video clips?? i wanna hear this
You can find some vids posted on the ARK website, just scroll towards the bottom.

http://www.arkspeedracing.com/05_ON_...m0402-005s.htm
Old 04-03-2007, 07:25 PM

Everything you get.

Only vids I have unfortuantly. All the others came out crappy. Ill try to get some more eventually.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Sorry for the wind noise, we had like 40mph winds the day we took this. And it was taken on my camera,so it might not be the highest quality possible but it will do the job. Notice how much louder the return run was....I think it is due to the fact of the angle of the muffler.

Heres a few pictures of it installed also, the fittment is perfect and the looks are sweet.

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=CIMG0243.flv
Not sure if the original post worked.

Last edited by staged06; 04-03-2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

I still think mine sounds different now after a few thousand miles.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 PM

DAMNIT I NEED AN EXHAUST!!! I'm feenin pretty bad. lol
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM

I still think mine sounds different now after a few thousand miles.
Better or worse?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Banned

Definately better. Mine sounds deep as ****.

Quick Reply: Ark Catback Exhaust