2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Which base tune is best

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which base tune is best

Hey guys I am asking for some feedback from the staged users out there. I am currently trying to decide between three vendors for a staged hit a H/E and dual pass. Now thequestion of the day since most of the kits are basically the same parts wise. I would like to know who has the best base tune? and were the biggest gaps are in those tunes so I have a heads up before buying and know what to look at when doing my custom tune.

The reason I am asking this is because on a stock motor and CAI Dyno tested I already make 239 whp and 205 TQ. I want to build on this and have the best stock tune possible that will require least change so I can just install and drive until I have time to see a tuner in my area.

So I was looking at
ZZP Performance
Rebel
Jbody performance
and Cobalt addiction

these are all stage 2 or 3 kits with 2.9 or 2.8 pulley as you all know.

On other thing and I am somewhat confused with the dual pass I have seen the dual pass intercooler plate kit. But I cannot find a link or vendor for the actual dual pass intercooler and wish to do that with my additions right away.

Please provide feedback and some help with the dual pass.

and this is not a how much HP will I get with which kit post . . . . . it is a post asking which base tune is best from these three vendors.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by BlkDragon SS
Hey guys I am asking for some feedback from the staged users out there. I am currently trying to decide between three vendors for a staged hit a H/E and dual pass. Now thequestion of the day since most of the kits are basically the same parts wise. I would like to know who has the best base tune? and were the biggest gaps are in those tunes so I have a heads up before buying and know what to look at when doing my custom tune.

The reason I am asking this is because on a stock motor and CAI Dyno tested I already make 239 whp and 205 TQ. I want to build on this and have the best stock tune possible that will require least change so I can just install and drive until I have time to see a tuner in my area.

So I was looking at
ZZP Performance
Rebel
Jbody performance
and Cobalt addiction

these are all stage 2 or 3 kits with 2.9 or 2.8 pulley as you all know.

On other thing and I am somewhat confused with the dual pass I have seen the dual pass intercooler plate kit. But I cannot find a link or vendor for the actual dual pass intercooler and wish to do that with my additions right away.

Please provide feedback and some help with the dual pass.

and this is not a how much HP will I get with which kit post . . . . . it is a post asking which base tune is best from these three vendors.

i like rebel...thats my vote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:23 AM

my zzp's tune so far is verry conservative and i'm reallly rich