2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Big problem... (Blown?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07SS/SC
I'm trying to get some correct information from him. I am trying to help and he is not helping me help him.

I am talking using LOGIC. "How can a 2.0L engine get "3-6" MPG" It can't. Telling me I am wrong when he clearly doesn't understand is not helping the issue.

If you don't know what a oil dipstick is and you are telling me I am wrong about something I am going to get a little annoyed...

BTW Locking gas caps can also throw emissions codes if they don't seal 100%.
1. I forgot the name of the "dipstick". Was a long day at work.

2. Logic? Displacement has very little to do with MPG. Heat can very easily evaporate the gas in the oil, which would explain the random gas smells periodically.

3. I've tried locking gas caps, and stock gas caps. And Fred over at SMG might think it's a defective cylinoid/access gas burner or fuel injector.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM

I'm trying to get some correct information from him. I am trying to help and he is not helping me help him.

I am talking using LOGIC. "How can a 2.0L engine get "3-6" MPG" It can't. Telling me I am wrong when he clearly doesn't understand is not helping the issue.

If you don't know what a oil dipstick is and you are telling me I am wrong about something I am going to get a little annoyed...

OK..no big deal. Laugh it off instead of getting annoyed. We all were new at this car thing at one time. I remember my Dad starting to get frustrated at me when we worked on things. He somehow learned patience and a while later he was able to relax in his chair while I fixed the cars. I am still leaning towards a malfunctioning fpr.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by 533y4
1. I forgot the name of the "dipstick". Was a long day at work.

2. Logic? Displacement has very little to do with MPG. Heat can very easily evaporate the gas in the oil, which would explain the random gas smells periodically.

3. I've tried locking gas caps, and stock gas caps. And Fred over at SMG might think it's a defective cylinoid/access gas burner or fuel injector.
Arg. See THIS is why I get frustrated. Displacement has very little to do with MPG eh.... omg... I give up... You need to learn how engines work. It's not like its stroked like a F1 engine which revs at 20k RPM's.

The engine would NOT run if the injectors were dumping that much fuel in. If it was only one cylinder then it would be rough as hell as we only have 4 cylinders. Therefore we can rule out anything internal.

If the injectors were leaking the gas would either be evaporating outside or cause a misfire code.

I give up. GL, didn't mean to sound like a jackass.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:58 PM

Arg. See THIS is why I get frustrated. Displacement has very little to do with MPG eh.... omg... I give up... You need to learn how engines work. It's not like its stroked like a F1 engine which revs at 20k RPM's.

The engine would NOT run if the injectors were dumping that much fuel in. If it was only one cylinder then it would be rough as hell as we only have 4 cylinders. Therefore we can rule out anything internal.

If the injectors were leaking the gas would either be evaporating outside or cause a misfire code.

I give up. GL, didn't mean to sound like a jackass.
My car don't throw codes. I have to manually get the codes, via tuner, hadheld or my boost gauge.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:19 AM
Banned

07ss/sc so apparently you don't know much about tuning. Your car can be dumping in massive amounts of fuel, especially if you have 60lbers and your car can still be running. Trust me, I have been there and done that. And yes, the DIC will read that you are getting VERY VERY low mpg. I believe mine read like 9 mpg or lower.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
07ss/sc so apparently you don't know much about tuning. Your car can be dumping in massive amounts of fuel, especially if you have 60lbers and your car can still be running. Trust me, I have been there and done that. And yes, the DIC will read that you are getting VERY VERY low mpg. I believe mine read like 9 mpg or lower.
And that's the thing. The dealership installed 4.10 gears, instead of 3.55's. Obviously, it needed tuning. I'm not sure what they did, though. But they did tune it before I even bought the car.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
See Fred@SMG. Cobalt EXPERT!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Haha, you would be down on power and it would be puttering. If you can't notice the difference I feel bad for you. I know how an engine works.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned

Actually I wasn't down on power and the car was still pulling in strong. There was no power difference, only massive amounts of fuel being dumped in. This only happened after a certain rpm which was 2500, which was high enough to keep the motor alive and not flooding it.

I am sure you know how an engine works, but to come into a thread with your whole 34 posts and to start running your mouth off to members is extremely disrespectful. I am sure you don't know everything mate, and nor do I, not even close, but that is why we are here as a community, to help each other!

Back on topic - has this issue been resolved yet? Also, I do recommend seeing Fred at SMG.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wouldnt sweat anything with fred working on my car.. you just know its gonna be fixed right
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 AM

Actually I wasn't down on power and the car was still pulling in strong. There was no power difference, only massive amounts of fuel being dumped in. This only happened after a certain rpm which was 2500, which was high enough to keep the motor alive and not flooding it.

I am sure you know how an engine works, but to come into a thread with your whole 34 posts and to start running your mouth off to members is extremely disrespectful. I am sure you don't know everything mate, and nor do I, not even close, but that is why we are here as a community, to help each other!

Back on topic - has this issue been resolved yet? Also, I do recommend seeing Fred at SMG.
So because I am not a post ***** I can't claim to know how an engine works... wow... This is the reason I don't post.

Also when an engine does not run at peak levels of AFR you WILL notice a power loss. It's simple, I don't know why you don't know even the basics?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Banned

Ha, you clearly don't know the basics, because you can gain more power by leaning the engine out. However it may not be safe, but you will have more power on the lean side then you will on the rich side. You shouldn't get into an argument you won't win. Thank god you don't try and contribute all of your knowledge. If you knew how to read or could find someone to read it to you, they would have been able to tell you, in simpler words hopefully, that I never said you couldn't tell us how an engine works. But I am glad that you know so much on how an "engine works" that you can contribute so much to our community. You're right about one thing though, you are no post *****, that's for sure. 35 posts in over a year wow, don't try to hard there pal.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha, you clearly don't know the basics, because you can gain more power by leaning the engine out. However it may not be safe, but you will have more power on the lean side then you will on the rich side. You shouldn't get into an argument you won't win. Thank god you don't try and contribute all of your knowledge. If you knew how to read or could find someone to read it to you, they would have been able to tell you, in simpler words hopefully, that I never said you couldn't tell us how an engine works. But I am glad that you know so much on how an "engine works" that you can contribute so much to our community. You're right about one thing though, you are no post *****, that's for sure. 35 posts in over a year wow, don't try to hard there pal.
There is no winning or losing in a public internet forum.

SO grow up, and keep it to a discussion rather than a 'I'm right, you're wrong' pissing match like you are 13.

And that's the thing. The dealership installed 4.10 gears, instead of 3.55's. Obviously, it needed tuning. I'm not sure what they did, though. But they did tune it before I even bought the car.

or

3.82 on F35 transmissions....

Last edited by steddy2112; 10-06-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: wrong final drives
Old 10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned

There is no losing on the internet, except the guy who killed himself because he stayed up playing world of warcraft for like 3 days straight lol.

However there is right and wrong, truth and lies. Its hard not to get into a pissing match when you have people misinforming others. Especially when its on a site meant to help out other people. Oh well stuff happens.

I'm done arguing, back on topic!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 AM

Went to Imperial Chevy down the street from Fred. He really didn't want to touch it because it's still under warranty. Understandable.

Originally Posted by steddy2112
There is no winning or losing in a public internet forum.

SO grow up, and keep it to a discussion rather than a 'I'm right, you're wrong' pissing match like you are 13.

or

3.82 on F35 transmissions....
Sorry. 4.11's. And I know they where 3.xx's somethings. lol
Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM

Wow, you really are dense aren't you? THAT IS THE POINT I WAS SAYING. Thank you for proving your stupidity.

By having excess fuel in the chamber the flame will not ignite with as much power. (If it sparks at all) THEREFORE if it was running too rich THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENCE IN POWER. Why is it that whoever knows the least says it the loudest?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 AM

Wow, you really are dense aren't you? THAT IS THE POINT I WAS SAYING. Thank you for proving your stupidity.

By having excess fuel in the chamber the flame will not ignite with as much power. (If it sparks at all) THEREFORE if it was running too rich THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENCE IN POWER. Why is it that whoever knows the least says it the loudest?
Ok. To end the argument, got the Balt back from Imperial Chevy and they said that there is a problem. But they can't trace the source. They're not sure whats causing it.

{[EDIT]}

Oh, and maybe an STi Stage 2 Cobb.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:22 PM

So what is the verdict?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JimzSS
So what is the verdict?
Dealers couldn't find the problem, but did acknowledge that there was a problem.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM

Unbelievable!!! I would demand it to be fixed, open a case with GM customer service. Tell them everything that has happened. I am sure the service manager would agree with GM at that point.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
Head Gasket. Me Thinks..

Does the oil look like A Double Double Coffee? Water In The Oil?

Regardless, Take it to a dealer..
Head gasket qft

Took it to a dealer, and (of course) everything is fine. Yea, ok.

Actually, oil looks very light colored. Almost clear, with a brown tint. Very loose, not thick like normal.
Synth oil is light. It's not necessarily "thick"

So because I am not a post ***** I can't claim to know how an engine works... wow... This is the reason I don't post.

Also when an engine does not run at peak levels of AFR you WILL notice a power loss. It's simple, I don't know why you don't know even the basics?
Yeah. If you're running super rich you're throwing power out.

He means at cruising speed on a level road at like 40 or something; I would hope. It should be over 20...normally. If you're under WOT my stage 2 can briefly go down to 6 or 7 mpg but it's only for a couple of seconds. I don't really trust the accuracy of the the interceptor as far as mpg.

Last edited by theneelster; 10-13-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost