2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: Should I cancel?
Cancel and put money somewhere else.
23.08%
Keep waiting worth the wait.
23.08%
Cancel and get a cobra H/E
53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

CA Heat Exchanger

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skymynx
im really debating canceling this and puttin the money towards your lambos. but who knows
well either way let me know...kenny will credit you back if you dont want to wait. that is no prob.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yall should have that in stock?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by badg1rl
oh i wasnt referring to you saying anything..u know how the bandwagon begins.. these threads happen with almost every vendor. it might not be something you posted but someone will jump in with their 2 cents and it just escilates from there. it wasnt directed to u at all..sorry for the misunderstanding there...
i understand the frusterations..working the best we can to get these out to our customers.

Yah man, this person was referring to me. I said in one of my last posts that They Suck Ass. Im sorry, but thats how I feel about the company. Nothing against you, but the company should have them in stock. There was no waiting list when I ordered mine... then magically there was. Its BS that you keep selling them. You site says 4 week waiting list if you buy this product, Thats a totally lie and should be changed to a 4 MONTH waiting list... 4 weeks????!!!?!?! My ass, I waited 3 months before I finally had enough of your company saying "Yah your 13th in line you'll get one next week" Then a month goes by and nothing. Call back and say "your 9th on the list, it'll be next week" month goes by Nuthing. Stop selling the damn product until you have product in the warehouse or wherever you work out of. Sure the manufacturer is out, then stop selling the product. I already posted something on a different Cobalt Forum for AZ peeps and told them never to buy from you. Other people have ordered different things from you and the product takes forever to ship.
Again not trying to rip into you, but I am unhappy with Cobalt-Addiction and will never do business again.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 06redlineb
yall should have that in stock?
we bought out what they had ..everything available was in our possession and was sold. when new ones arrive...they ship out.
I am just stating how it works. we can only stock products that are actually physically made and unfortunately these arent being made fast enough to accomodate the demand for them...tax return time and christmas are the 2 busiest times of the year for car enthusiasts... and thats when the demand skyrockets because people have money to buy.
i dont think any of the manufacturers on the site are big enough to stockpile a huge quantity of any product in general.
we order as many HEs as we can get out hands on. we are told the delay time from the manufacturer, we relay that to the customer.
we dont have issues refunding if someone doesnt want to wait.

we sell the most amount of cobalt parts out of every store open now that caters to our cars. we cant stock mass quantities of things unless we are 100% positive they will sell for instance, if something is on group buy, there will be a much larger quantity in stock. we cant afford to have money floating if we dont know if something will sell. any business would go bankrupt.

i think we do a good job of working with our customers. we have never been around to intentionally screw people. there are delays sometimes and we are not perfect. but we do try to be a reliable vendor and to help people as much as we can. hope you understand.

if there is a personal issue someone would like resolved, i am offering my help. I would rather work on things one on one then in a public forum. Its better business practice and helps to expidite things in a more timely fashion. if you have any questions or concern, i can be reached via PM.
Thank you,
Donna
Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM

donna and to cobalt addiction i think yall are great vendors, its not yalls fault at all that there is such a high demand for Heat exchangers or other products....The problem with consumers is they want a deadline even if the product is on backorder for say a couple weeks THINGS DO GO WRONG...Now i mean if you dont wanna wait for the damn product go by else where simple as that...Its not their fault they cant get the product in fast enough for all the people buying it....Principles of business in college should teach this to anyone, i think it should be a required course as obviously people dont understand
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM

thanks. well it is time for me to go head off to job #2. I will be on later tonight. If anyone has any concerns, I will be here later and tomorrow to answer your questions.
For those of you who have exercised your patience, we thank you for your continued support of CA and we will continue to assist the cobalt community the best we can.
Later everyone.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 PM

I also agree that Donna, Kenny, Paul and the rest of CA are damn good peeps. They would not set out to screw anyone over. I can personally vouche for that, especially since I have been to the shop.

As far as others with all the negative comments, maybe you should watch what you say about people and/or vendors that you don't know anything about. There are many more people on this site that will support them then they will you. If you don't like them, then don't buy from them, it's that simple. As far as the ignorant comments about them, you should keep those to yourself.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I also agree that Donna, Kenny, Paul and the rest of CA are damn good peeps. They would not set out to screw anyone over. I can personally vouche for that, especially since I have been to the shop.

As far as others with all the negative comments, maybe you should watch what you say about people and/or vendors that you don't know anything about. There are many more people on this site that will support them then they will you. If you don't like them, then don't buy from them, it's that simple. As far as the ignorant comments about them, you should keep those to yourself.
You have your opinion too..... But this is a forum...... And we are sharing what has happened with us and this company to tell this member if he should keep the product or give it up!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik

A vendor can only pass along what the manufacturer tells them when it comes to time frames on a product . It doesn't sound like CA is screwing anyone or warrants the negative comments .
Props to Badg1rl and CA for being professional in the way they have handled the name calling .
Old 08-03-2007, 03:40 AM

Also if anyone has pics of a balt with the cobra heat exchanger mounted please post as I'm very curious how they look.
here ya go.

i took the bumper off because it was much easier to put on.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 AM

wow looks good. idk im still up in the air. im trying to find one for sale on here. if i do then i will deffently cancel right away till then im gonna give em a few more days.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 PM

well after almost four months of waiting decided to cancel it. unfortunently i've really been turned off by hearing early next week every week forever and a day. good company to deal with but really need to change there disclaimer on heat exchangers. let me know if anyone knows of one for sale from a person?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:49 PM

You can get the same h/e off ebay, you just need to get your own lines and brackets.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:51 PM

really that wouldnt be too bad. my friends dad owns a large machine shop so ill have to look into it.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 AM

well i have a brand new heat exchanger from cobalt addiction for sale.... I dont really have plans to go to a smaller pulley for rite now so im good on cooling mods for right now...Id rather buy some rims....i will let it go for list price that cobalt addiction has and the shipping since shipping will come out of my pocket
Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM

when u buy some rims u selling ur stockers?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
well i have a brand new heat exchanger from cobalt addiction for sale.... I dont really have plans to go to a smaller pulley for rite now so im good on cooling mods for right now...Id rather buy some rims....i will let it go for list price that cobalt addiction has and the shipping since shipping will come out of my pocket
ill take it. delete some messages so we can talk threw pm
Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 PM

If skymynx don't buy I'll take it.

Regards
Jose
Old 08-21-2007, 06:56 PM

so after four months of waiting ill finally be getting my ca heat exchanger tomorrow. i just hope that someone is home to sign for it lol
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 AM

coolness, hopefully i get my soon.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM

so got the heat exchanger. all im gonna say is disapointment. there are welds in the wrong places. hell where the lines screw its welded on at an angle. very poor craftmanship here. i cant believe i waited four months for this. so moral of the story is dont get too excited over this. plus after four months of waiting you think they could use a better type of paint on there brackets that doesnt just rub off everytime you touch it. and directions would have been nice. very skeptical bought doing business with them again.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 PM

so got the heat exchanger. all im gonna say is disapointment. there are welds in the wrong places. hell where the lines screw its welded on at an angle. very poor craftmanship here. i cant believe i waited four months for this. so moral of the story is dont get too excited over this. plus after four months of waiting you think they could use a better type of paint on there brackets that doesnt just rub off everytime you touch it. and directions would have been nice. very skeptical bought doing business with them again.

Did you installed it? Is it difficult to install? If installed, did you notice a difference? I was going to buy it until I read your post.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:27 PM

honestly, i think the heat exchanger looks great i have had about three of these and all are in great quality maybe you just got a bad one
Old 09-02-2007, 07:59 AM

oh well yea youll notice the difference, but still the craftsmanship was not there. it was really just a dissapointment. i have it installed and have noticed a difference in iat2 and coolant but honestly i was getting this because of its looks. i should have gone cobra heat exchanger. much cheaper with prolly the same results. the brackets they send you are cheap as hell too i think. silver spray paint on it that just rubs off
Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
pivs?!

Quick Reply: CA Heat Exchanger