2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

CAI just released, best on market!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI just released, best on market!

the company is called Fujita. and kind of like how competition clutch was founded by one of the founders from clutch masters, Fujita was founded by on of the Injen founders. so needless to say the quality is great. they are a little expensive, but its worth it.

i found out about them b/c the owner of clubrsx.com is sponsered by them and they only have a short ram for my car right now but it is getting gains of current generation cai's. the tubing has like a turbonator in it and is said that it adds 3-5 more hp.

the cai was just released for the SS s/c and the gains are 14whp and 11wtq. that is much better than k&n. and its out and in stock NOW!

Fujita's web site is F5Air

this is a link to ptunning.com page for your cai. they have limited time 75 dollar instant rebate bringing it to $300 and they have free shipping now. Cobalt SS CAI @ ptunning.com
Old 10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

$300? Holy crap. Ours is $240 Shipped and should be released shortly.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM

yea thats too expensive for me...im either goin to go with a Maximum boost cai or a K&N.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Pretty impressive stuff. Never heard of them untill now though. I'll just stick with my pre-ordered KN though. Spending 300+ isnt worth 3 extra HP.

$357.95 on Ptuning.com w/ free shipping. That's over $100 more than the KN...heh, no thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:26 PM

300 is way to much and the turbonator thing seems like it would just get in the way of the air and 14 whp seems to much for an intake. I think ill wait on AEM.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:44 PM

Shoot I feel like buying it just for the hat and duffle bag!

14whp and 10wtq increase?
And "the turbonator thing" is called a vortex generator, proven to increase the flow of air in many applications. Heck some Evo's have them on the roof of their cars

Hmm lthat's not the actual model shown, so don't get confused about all the pieces like I did lol.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:27 PM

cancelled my order with modernperformance I feel bad to let them down. But i really like the design of fujita and ill tell you guys all about it. I should be getting it next week around thursday.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Let's try to get a group buy on these things. I'm sure they'd give us some kinda discount, if we order a bunch of them.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:33 PM

i got it 308 with free shipping. man 14whp! aint a joke from a CAI. if you have any questions call them their pretty cool guys and theyll tell u about the design and all that good stuff/
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
cancelled my order with modernperformance I feel bad to let them down. But i really like the design of fujita and ill tell you guys all about it. I should be getting it next week around thursday.
Let us know asap, and post some pics of the actual CAI in and out of the car if you can
Old 10-07-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by CoBoltz007
Let us know asap, and post some pics of the actual CAI in and out of the car if you can
yeah for sure.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:41 PM

How much more airflow would that thing generate though? The super charger is already sucking tons more air in. But I do like the idea and I also like that they have a familiar backround with injen. I like to be different and that would be a stick out piece. I am curious if some company will attempt a short ram air for our SS/SC's. I think if they could do that then, I would really be interested cause even though the air isn't as cool, It has way less restriction.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:25 PM

i got it 308 with free shipping. man 14whp! aint a joke from a CAI. if you have any questions call them their pretty cool guys and theyll tell u about the design and all that good stuff/
Where did you find the rebate for that thing?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor

I feel sorry for anyone that spends that kind of money on a intake.

$300 ?!

Look at the hp numbers for their car. They went from 208 (low by all Cobalt SS dyno standards) to 220 hp at the wheels. You know what we made with our K&N intake on our Cobalt SS ? 222 hp to the wheels. So we made 2 more hp than this "Fujita" intake.

Look at where k&n has been. Over 35 years in business, hundreds of years of automotive engineer experience combined for the designers of their intakes, and used by hundreds of thousands of people on their trucks, and cars.

Think about the dyno numbers I gave you above, and think about K&N's reputation, and experience. When the many Cobalt SS customers that start receiving their intakes next week put their intakes on their car theres going to be a lot of happy Cobalt owners !
Old 10-07-2005, 05:10 PM

CALL THEM AND ASK THEM THEYLL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR 308. THEY HAVE SOME TYPE OF REBATE ON IT. i THINK IT WAS OVER BUT IF YOU MENTION IT THEYLL GIVE IT TO YOU. lIKE I ORDERED MINES TODAY AND THEY SHIPPED IT OUT TODAY! IM GETTING IT AROUND WEDNESDAY.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

lol. Those things that twirl the air don't work at all. It's just in the way...trust me.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor

Furthermore, look at the dyno numbers again. Sure, they did gain 14 hp, but that could be because the car was mega hot when they strapped it onto the dyno, and then by the time they installed the "Fujita" intake it was much cooler, and gained more power.

I could have poor dyno numbers like they did with the base dyno run, and make even more power than the supposed Fujita run in many ways ! Hell, I could make an intake gain 100 hp if I wanted to that badly, but, lets be frank. Im into providing real world dyno numbers, and look at where all the other Cobalt SS guys are at power wise. 214 - 218 hp at the wheels. I put down 216 on my vehicle, and with just an intake, we still had more power at the wheels with the K&N over the Fujita, 222 vs 220.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Modernceo
I feel sorry for anyone that spends that kind of money on a intake.

$300 ?!

Look at the hp numbers for their car. They went from 208 (low by all Cobalt SS dyno standards) to 220 hp at the wheels. You know what we made with our K&N intake on our Cobalt SS ? 222 hp to the wheels. So we made 2 more hp than this "Fujita" intake.

Look at where k&n has been. Over 35 years in business, hundreds of years of automotive engineer experience combined for the designers of their intakes, and used by hundreds of thousands of people on their trucks, and cars.

Think about the dyno numbers I gave you above, and think about K&N's reputation, and experience. When the many Cobalt SS customers that start receiving their intakes next week put their intakes on their car theres going to be a lot of happy Cobalt owners !

I BELIEVE YOU GUYS YOUR CAR DYNOED STOCK AT LIKE 217 RIGHT? MEANING THAT AFTER THE kn CAI 222-217= 5WHP?.......................
ALSO THEIR CAR DYNOED AT 206WHP AND AFTER THE INTAKE IT MADE 220. SO THEY GAINED 14WHO. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE DYNO
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...delDesc=Cobalt
ALSO FRANK, THE TURBONATOR OR W.E IS NOT IN OUR INTAKE, THIS IS ONLY IN SOME INTAKES BECAUSE IN SOME CARS IT DID MAKE MORE POWER AND SOME DIDNT.
ALSO THIS "FUJITA" COMPANY IS NOT A NEWBIE COMPANY THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR LIKE 12 YEARS AND THE OWNERS WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDERS OF INJEN. I BELIEVE HIS NAME WAS SOMETHING SOMETHING FUJITA. LOL
IM SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS GUYS I WORK AT UPS STORE AND WE MUST HAVE CAPS ALL THE TIME.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

here's a news flash for you guys talking about the turbonater thing in the intake. IT"S F'N USELESS

think about this: the air comes in through the filter, through the vortex generator (turbonator) that spins the air round and round then the air goes into the blower and gets compressed. so we have spinning air going into a blower to get compressed, you know how it comes out of the other side? the same way it comes out of the blower if you didn't have one of those things clogging up your intake.

i say go ahead and waste your money if you think it helps, but for those of you who weren't sure how they worked, don't do it.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Modernceo]Furthermore, look at the dyno numbers again. Sure, they did gain 14 hp, but that could be because the car was mega hot when they strapped it onto the dyno, and then by the time they installed the "Fujita" intake it was much cooler, and gained more power.

hOW CAN YOU PROVE THIS. MATTER OF FACT IT WAS ACTUALLY HOTTER WHEN THEY DYNOED IT WITH THE INTAKE 89.59 F AND 37% HUMIDITY. TO BE SPECIFIC AND WHEN STOCK ABOUT 2 HOURS EARLIER ON THE SAME DAY IT WAS 86.94 WITH 44% HUMIDITY

BELIEVE ME I DID MY HOMEWORK AND IT JUST SEEMS SO MUCH BETTER BUT WELL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET IT AND INSTALL IT. I WANT TO SQUEZE ALL THE POWER I CAN OUT OF MY CAR AND THIS INTAKE SEEMED TO SQUEEZE A LOT FROM IT.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:28 PM

IM SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS GUYS I WORK AT UPS STORE AND WE MUST HAVE CAPS ALL THE TIME.
Hahahaha!!! Sorry to not contribute anything to this thread, but this REALLY cracked me up (and I'm in the middle of lecture)!!!

Old 10-07-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
here's a news flash for you guys talking about the turbonater thing in the intake. IT"S F'N USELESS

think about this: the air comes in through the filter, through the vortex generator (turbonator) that spins the air round and round then the air goes into the blower and gets compressed. so we have spinning air going into a blower to get compressed, you know how it comes out of the other side? the same way it comes out of the blower if you didn't have one of those things clogging up your intake.

i say go ahead and waste your money if you think it helps, but for those of you who weren't sure how they worked, don't do it. they vortex generators work decently for naturally aspirated cars but when a root blower disrupts the airflow it serves absolutely no purpose.
THE INTAKE FOR OUR CARS DOESNT HAVE VORTEX!!!!!!!LOL
Old 10-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

THE INTAKE FOR OUR CARS DOESNT HAVE VORTEX!!!!!!!LOL

i seen that afterwards, but still that's $300+, i'd like to see some independant dynos to see what the real #'s are, and not the usualy inflated product numbers used to sell products
Old 10-07-2005, 05:55 PM

your saying the k&n is better cause you made 2hp peak more than they did , when you even commented that their base hp # was lower

if i must say that is pretty SNOBBY of you !!!!!!!!!!

yeah k&n has been around , but so what that doesnt make them the GOD of intakes

personally i prefer AEM ive gotten class A service from them

k&n ive had extremly bad customer service with when it came to getting the free intake i won from then at the sport compact drags , and when i was trying to let them use my car to make a intake for the cavaliers , and that was back when they could made alot of money on intakes for the cavaliers , and ive used nothing but k&n , and will still use their filters in my older cars i won

you really need to pull your head out , and think man
Old 10-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 97cavie24ls
your saying the k&n is better cause you made 2hp peak more than they did , when you even commented that their base hp # was lower

if i must say that is pretty SNOBBY of you !!!!!!!!!!

yeah k&n has been around , but so what that doesnt make them the GOD of intakes

personally i prefer AEM ive gotten class A service from them

k&n ive had extremly bad customer service with when it came to getting the free intake i won from then at the sport compact drags , and when i was trying to let them use my car to make a intake for the cavaliers , and that was back when they could made alot of money on intakes for the cavaliers , and ive used nothing but k&n , and will still use their filters in my older cars i won

you really need to pull your head out , and think man
Snobby ?
I dont think so. Im just stating that the base dyno results seem low.
Regardless though, whats important is that the K&N intake put down more peak power than this other intake.

Ive never said K&N is the god of intakes, im comparing the only two companies who have released intakes for the Cobalt, one has been around for decades, the other has just started to make products. Once other brands of intakes come out, then Ill compare all of them respectively.

I dont need to pull my head out of anywhere, the dyno results speak for themselves, K&N 222, Fujita 220. Thats what we are talking about here, nothing else.

Quick Reply: CAI just released, best on market!