2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

CAI just released, best on market!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
corry , you dont seam to understand if start out lower on the base # then your peak # will be lower as well

so they started at 208 , and got 220

if k&n started at 213( EXAMPLE ONLY SINCE I DONT KNOW WHAT THEIR BASE LINE WAS) and got 222 , they made less total hp when compaired to fujita

and you do need to pull your head when your compairing them YOU HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE , NOT JUST THE VERY LAST LINE !!

do you understand my point
Old 10-07-2005, 06:25 PM

i do.......
Old 10-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by frankmckeever
$300? Holy crap. Ours is $240 Shipped and should be released shortly.

Come on it comes with a hat and duffle bag!

As for the HP each intake made there are so many variables around that it's not possible to make a good judgement when it's just a few horsepower.

Too many dyno tricks and just different environmental variables to make a judgement about it.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
Come on it comes with a hat and duffle bag!

As for the HP each intake made there are so many variables around that it's not possible to make a good judgement when it's just a few horsepower.

Too many dyno tricks and just different environmental variables to make a judgement about it.

agree'd

hat and a duffle bag , hell thats worth it right there

LOL

Old 10-07-2005, 06:38 PM

Come on guys seriously..... Buy the K&N from Modern Performance or a Maximum boost intake! Are you really going to throw that much extra money out for something that nobody has heard of?

Seriously like Cory said, K&N has been around forever... They have commercials on tv for goodness sake.

I for one can say that I am NOT canceling my order from modern performance!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 PM

lol. Those things that twirl the air don't work at all. It's just in the way...trust me.
yup hes right I think it was a while ago some one on JBO did that to a Z24 and lost power on a dyno.

so stick with K&N,Maxinum Boost, or AEM I think it would be worth the wait.

Then again if you want the hat and the bag to come with ur intake then this intake is for you.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mercury
Come on guys seriously..... Buy the K&N from Modern Performance or a Maximum boost intake! Are you really going to throw that much extra money out for something that nobody has heard of?

Seriously like Cory said, K&N has been around forever... They have commercials on tv for goodness sake.

Agreed. Ihavent even orderd an intake yet but i know i would go from them. And I'm starting to feel i should support the vendors more from the cobaltss.net site. There the ones who come on here pushing there products giving us info and keeping us updated. I havent't even heard of that company first of all and i've never seen them on either Cobalt site trying to make friendly with potential customers. And Honestly what the hell is that tornado thing going to do when the supercharger is going to change the way the air is moving anyway before it gets to aftercooler and then the intakemanifold. Honestly you really think that pretty sprial design that things suposed to make is going to hold up through all that!? Think for a sec people please before everyone starts changing orders cause they feel the more money then spend on a product justifies why it supoosedly gives better horsepower numbers.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM

I applaud Ljavy17 for taking a risk and trying out this product. Everyone is always talking about Dyno's, and then when a company put one out, its all " You know, you really can't trust a dyno"

I hope Ljavy17 does a dyno of before and after. Then if he shows those same gains, you should all come back and apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and Modern .... you did come of kind of like a K&N fanboi. I still respect your company, just give everyone a fair shake before passing judgement based on one dyno.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:02 PM

(First of all, excuse my English, because i'm a french person from Quebec City, Canada).

I just give a call this evening (7 PM eastern) at Fujita and said that I want to ask some technical questions about the Cobalt SS intake. The man said : Hold on I will transfer you to the R&D people. Another guy answered (he was pretty cool). Here is a resume of our conversation !

Me : Did all the dyno runs were done in 3th gear or 4th gear ?
Fujita R&D man : It was done in 4th gear.

(It explains why 206 WHP seems low).

Me : Your 206 HP base run is kinda low !!
Fujita R&D man : You have to remember that they are wheel horsepower numbers. (I replied that i knew because I tested my SS on a Mustang dyno).

Me : Was 206 HP the lowest of all the stock runs ?
Fujita R&D man : No, we have done a minimum of 4 pulls, and 206 HP was the highest "before" stock one.

Me : Was 220 HP the highest of all the stock runs ?
Fujita R&D man : Yes, 220 HP was the highest one of the 4 "after" pulls.

Me : Any pictures of this very intake intake ?
Fujita R&D man : Not at this moment, but very soon on the web site.

Me : Position of the filter and the MAF ?
Fujita R&D man : roughly like stock, filter behind the wheel fender and MAF about 4 inch pass the filter.

Me : Did you check the air /fuel for the intake ?
Fujita R&D man : Yes we did. Is in within safe parameters.

Me : Place to buy in Canada ?
Fujita R&D man : I will transfer you to the sales departement for that.

Me to the salesman (his initials were RT; pretty cool guy) : Place to buy in Canada ?
Fujita salesman : Best place for the east coast is Ptuning. Call them to have a price.

Since Ptuning were closed, i wrote them a e-mail to have a price ...

I have already a K&N CAI in order, and my plan is to "Mustang Dyno" test both for sure.

I also tried to call K&N to know why they wrote 2th gear on their dyno result for the SS CAI, but they were closed.

Have a nice day !
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Modernceo
I feel sorry for anyone that spends that kind of money on a intake.

$300 ?!

Look at the hp numbers for their car. They went from 208 (low by all Cobalt SS dyno standards) to 220 hp at the wheels. You know what we made with our K&N intake on our Cobalt SS ? 222 hp to the wheels. So we made 2 more hp than this "Fujita" intake.

Look at where k&n has been. Over 35 years in business, hundreds of years of automotive engineer experience combined for the designers of their intakes, and used by hundreds of thousands of people on their trucks, and cars.
A) every car will dyno with different numbers. everyone saying ,"they dynoed low, something is wrong." they could have been at high altitude. everyone is different. rsx type-s dynos stock at around 173whp. ive seen people with 150-160 before. just because fujita's car ended at 220 does not mean k and n is better b/c they are at 222...fujita's started lower, u have to look at the gain. so if YOU dyno at 216 then with the intake u will get 230. this is pretty much injen guys, come on here. y the doubt? and i think they droped the rebate literally a second ago.

B)i dont care how long k and n has been makeing intake stuff. for 95% of that time, its been filters for f 150's. they just started their typhoon line. and either way they have never been best in performance. and did u forget, this is out now! no waiting.

C) for all u guys saying, "300 bucs, screw that." u will shortly learn to get the best on the market the FIRST time no matter the price. if u dont have it now, then save b/c u will regret it every time. yeah its only 3 whp now, but thats on a stock car. how much more will it give at higher boost? or when u free up the exhaust?

Take it from me guys ive been in this scean for a long time. get this intake.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:03 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by frankmckeever
lol. Those things that twirl the air don't work at all. It's just in the way...trust me.
WRONG! fujita and chris dye (owner of clubrsx.com) spent months tuning this, and they found that the "twirl thing" gets 3-7 whp through out the entire powerband opposed to with out.

modern performance...stop freaking out about loosing customers to a better intake and just start carying it.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM

Furthermore, look at the dyno numbers again. Sure, they did gain 14 hp, but that could be because the car was mega hot when they strapped it onto the dyno, and then by the time they installed the "Fujita" intake it was much cooler, and gained more power.

I could have poor dyno numbers like they did with the base dyno run, and make even more power than the supposed Fujita run in many ways ! Hell, I could make an intake gain 100 hp if I wanted to that badly, but, lets be frank. Im into providing real world dyno numbers, and look at where all the other Cobalt SS guys are at power wise. 214 - 218 hp at the wheels. I put down 216 on my vehicle, and with just an intake, we still had more power at the wheels with the K&N over the Fujita, 222 vs 220.
again, k and n, and fujita's numbers are peak power, which doesnt matter anyway. peak power never matters, and too many people are obsest with it. even if other intakes had better peak, no one has a power band like fujitas. the gain and band is what matters.

and of course anyone can screw with a dyno to make good numbers. but i can tell u from 3 party reviews on my forum that fujitas SHORT RAM is getting equal gain (throughout the band) as current CAI, and much better than current short rams. like i said before, buy the cheaper one...listen to a vendor who wants ur money...but let me ask u a question...is modern performance going to refund ur money in full when u want a better intake? and is MP going to care when YOU loose a race?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Here is a resume of the numbers posted, all on Dynojets. According to me, the numbers that K&N announce makes sense only in 3th gear, since they dynoed the Ion Redline in 3th gear too and both car's top HP seems to match.

Modernco SS stock in 3th gear : 216 whp / 186 ft-lb.
Modernco SS after K&N CAI : 222 whp / 194 ft-lb.
Modernco K&N CAI gain : 6 whp and 8 ft-lb.

K&N SS stock in 3th gear : 211 whp / 182 ft-lb.
K&N SS after K&N CAI : 218 whp / 188 ft-lb.
Modernco K&N CAI gain : 7 whp and 6 ft-lb.

You can see (by calculation of percentages) that K&N and Modernco dynoed both the K&N CAI within very near results.

Fujita SS stock in 4th gear : 206 whp / 182 ft-lb.
Fujita SS after their own CAI : 220 whp / 193 ft-lb.
Fujita CAI gain : 14 whp and 9 ft-lb.

My point of view is that the Fujita filter design (with the opened center funnel) helps a lot to reduce the turbulency, so it helps the MAF to transmit a more consistent signal.

K&N decides to install a DryCharger on their CAI, maybe it help to reduce the turbulency a bit. I think they had some problems with turbulency, that's why they took so long to decide to release the product.

I have myself dyno a HP loss with just a big conical K&N (closed flat top design) without any Drycharger.

Have you guys some opinions ???

Have a nice day !
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Snobby ?
I dont think so. Im just stating that the base dyno results seem low.
Regardless though, whats important is that the K&N intake put down more peak power than this other intake.
WOW! learn ur craft before u talk! K&N put down more peak poer and thats whats important?!? come on man. peak power is nothing, sti's have more peak power than me. i still kill them all day. K&N GAINED 5whp...thats whats important.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

Must anyone be reminded that we drive a Chevrolet Cobalt SS? Not a RSX, RX-7 or Miata.

Who in there right mind would use a Fuji, Fujita, Fungi what ever the hell it is?

Nothing like one of the sweetest american cars being completely ruined with rice parts.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS05
300 is way to much and the turbonator thing seems like it would just get in the way of the air and 14 whp seems to much for an intake. I think ill wait on AEM.
Same
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mercury

do AEM, DC, PSI-FI, GREDDY, INJEN, or any other comany really have comercials on tv? thats a bs argument. and i didnt no that no one has heard of an offspring company of injen thats been around for years.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Look out the K&N CAI for the Ion Redline ...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=69-8431TP

The MAF sensor is FAR from the filter, I think it is one factor (the reduced turbulency) that helps them to gain 14 HP ...

Humm 14 HP like the Fujita ....
Old 10-07-2005, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS05
300 is way to much and the turbonator thing seems like it would just get in the way of the air and 14 whp seems to much for an intake. I think ill wait on AEM.
ur intake doesnt have the turbonator, i was originally wrong. some cars were better with it than others. but y does 14 seem to much? i gained about 17 from mine.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Why is there so much negativity toward Fujita intakes? I could care less if it's made in USA or Mongolia, if it makes power it going in my car regardless of cost.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ninja44
Why is there so much negativity toward Fujita intakes? I could care less if it's made in USA or Mongolia, if it makes power it going in my car regardless of cost.
That's an intelligent point, same opinion for me.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:44 PM

here is a 3rd party dyno for u guys done on a stock type-s, this is comparing an injen CAI=blue, and the fujita SHORT RAM=red. keep in mine that this was done on the same dyno, same day, and the short rams line was the last run of 4, (no aparent heatsoak). same numbers...i personally cant wait for my cai to come out. but what do u guys that think 14whp is to much, or its only a little more power than k&n now? a freakin SR is getting the same numbers AFTER 4 runs as a CAI. come on...no brainer
Old 10-07-2005, 09:45 PM

Link doesn't work ???
Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 PM

fixed
Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codyss
Must anyone be reminded that we drive a Chevrolet Cobalt SS? Not a RSX, RX-7 or Miata.

Who in there right mind would use a Fuji, Fujita, Fungi what ever the hell it is?

Nothing like one of the sweetest american cars being completely ruined with rice parts.
Ya no way I'm gonna put a BETTER PERFORMING CAI on my car... its called "Fujita" thats total rice... HKS, AEM, APEX, and BLITZ are all garbage rice products too !!!!

Quick Reply: CAI just released, best on market!