2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

CAI just released, best on market!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok here it is i am not gonna spend 300 bucks on a intake i have never heard of. I dont care if it can make the air twist I will stick with AEM save a 100 bucks and still have near the same gains in hp. The tornado is not worth the extra 100 bucks to me. I think you can get those for like 30 bucks somewhere. If it was me i would charge less and not include the hat and the bag.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:38 PM

Show me a third party dyno run with a before and after run with those numbers and I'll make a call to place an order
Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS05
ok here it is i am not gonna spend 300 bucks on a intake i have never heard of. I dont care if it can make the air twist I will stick with AEM save a 100 bucks and still have near the same gains in hp. The tornado is not worth the extra 100 bucks to me. I think you can get those for like 30 bucks somewhere. If it was me i would charge less and not include the hat and the bag.

Once and for all...THIS INTAKE DOES NOT incorporate the "Tornado" piece. Only some of their intakes do; only the ones that they have tested and seen gains from.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this intake is great. It's ANOTHER choice. Choices are good. It is on the rather expensive but MAYBE (this word being key) it's worth it ! Hopefully somebody will do some before and after dynos and then we'll know. I haven't ever seen one of these intakes in person but from the pics on their site they look to be quality pieces. If didn't have so much money locked up in other mods at the moment I would get one just test out. Maybe in a few weeks ......
Old 10-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ninja44
Show me a third party dyno run with a before and after run with those numbers and I'll make a call to place an order
y does that matter? i wasnt showing gains with this graph. i was showing that fujita SR is better than Injens CAI.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by KnightRider7900
y does that matter? i wasnt showing gains with this graph. i was showing that fujita SR is better than Injens CAI.
It matters because your dyno was on an RSX not a Cobalt SS. I would probably sleep better at night until the intake got to my door knowing that I spent $300 US on something that has not been run in a vehicle like mine. Manufacturers dyno runs mean absolutely nothing to me as they are inflated most times. If Fujita can actually produce a dyno with a customer vehicle in which they have no affiliation with then I'm sure that most skeptics and bashers here will change their tune. I know your dyno simply showed it was better than the injen but it doesn't mean much in this forum as there isn't an intake for this car out yet to compare to. In all honesty this intake has seriously got my attention
Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Banned

I wish everyone would grow up and quit arguing. To each there own on intakes, stop talking noise until some tests are run. I'm tired of this Dyno this, this is rice, no graph no ****...

I personally am waiting until more intakes are released. People jump the gun too soon on these things. K&N could have a problem with the oil or it will be great, This new intake could kick ass or just a joke and AEM and Injen still have to wait for an intake from them
Everyone keeps basing numbers, every car reacts differently to mods. Even the same motors dyno differently. I personally won't mind seeing if this CAI is legit. No one should be bashing anyone or saying anything different. You get what you pay for... I mean $300 seems a bit high but your paying for a performance part, I made my own custom magnaflow catback, not used the cat back system they advertised to be different. Depending on which intake you choose can mean the difference. That's why it's best to wait until then.

Better to be a leader then a follower. I respect trying something different. Shouldn't be hated because of it
Old 10-08-2005, 12:23 AM

do AEM, DC, PSI-FI, GREDDY, INJEN, or any other comany really have comercials on tv? thats a bs argument. and i didnt no that no one has heard of an offspring company of injen thats been around for years.
That isn't my argument.....

I was basically saying that even my grandfather knows what K&N does. If I asked him about fujitsutustus or whatever it is he would have no idea. Just by saying that I am implying that K&N is repuatble and has been all across the car board for many years.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 AM

i really wasnt intersted in dynoing before and after the fujita. But now that you guys have made all this arguments i think im going to go for it and will do a before and after. This because not only you guys but I also want to take out my doubts. This intake costed me 70 bucks more than the KN. it also promises 10 more whp. so I took my chances... Ill just have to wait and see if my chances are worth it. However im prety happy with my decition. for some reason i like this brand better. lol. just do.....
Old 10-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Banned

Ok hopefully this will end this! I have read this thread and am not going to be biased and give an opinion.

1. Nobody has this intake yet, there are no real hp numbers from an outside source, and you should be thankful that someone is trying to do it first and find out.

2. Yes K&N has been around forever, but that doesn't mean that another company cannot have a better product with less time. (After all dodge made a srt-4 chevy made a cobalt ss j/k calm down srt-4 fans I'm one as well)

3. This product is shipping now (No waiting, if I had the money I would buy it just b/c I am impatient... Modern U of all people should know that if u have the first product on the market you can charge more for it. (Supply and Demand)

4. For modern I will also say I have read many posts on here and I can honestly say that u are one of the most helpful vendors on this site.

In conclusion, I think that since nobody knows whether or not this intake is good we should all wait to draw conclusions.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
i really wasnt intersted in dynoing before and after the fujita. But now that you guys have made all this arguments i think im going to go for it and will do a before and after. This because not only you guys but I also want to take out my doubts. This intake costed me 70 bucks more than the KN. it also promises 10 more whp. so I took my chances... Ill just have to wait and see if my chances are worth it. However im prety happy with my decition. for some reason i like this brand better. lol. just do.....

Will be awaiting your results sir
Old 10-08-2005, 10:45 AM

True Dat...
Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 AM

Once and for all...THIS INTAKE DOES NOT incorporate the "Tornado" piece. Only some of their intakes do; only the ones that they have tested and seen gains from.
Well that what every one is talking about and thats why people didnt like it so maybe if someone would have said it does not have the the the makes the air twist "tornado" we would not have had all like B*tching, but if it does not have that the only that would be is the price.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:08 PM
The Stig

I agree with Modernceo, I'm still waiting for k&n.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:26 PM

This what I have to say...You are not a "TRUE" tuner if you dont buy something because of the "NAME"! You buy it because it makes the most power for that part. You guys look like Poons when you say something is Rice cause of its name. haha.

PS- Not saying to buy one or the other just disappointed in the ignorance of some of you.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:29 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by SwizzDSMSS
This what I have to say...You are not a "TRUE" tuner if you dont buy something because of the "NAME"! You buy it because it makes the most power for that part. You guys look like Poons when you say something is Rice cause of its name. haha.

PS- Not saying to buy one or the other just disappointed in the ignorance of some of you.
I don't care about the name, I care about price

I don't want to spend $300 on a pipe and a filter. I'll make an intake out of PVC before I do that.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor

..is modern performance going to refund ur money in full when u want a better intake? and is MP going to care when YOU loose a race?
Thats not a fair question.

A better question for us to answer is, do we want quality products, that are proven, and that we are willing to put on our own project vehicle ? Yes.

Are we wanting a product thats going to be supported well in case there are any problems through a nationwide dealer network ? Yes.

Are we wanting a product that has been tested for a long time, and has been proven to not cause any check engine lights ? Yes.

Our best interest is with our customers, as if our customers arent happy with their products, they wont be happy with us. And, we are here to test out products on our own project car, and offer them to the public as products we support and know that work.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by glockglade
Ok hopefully this will end this! I have read this thread and am not going to be biased and give an opinion.

1. Nobody has this intake yet, there are no real hp numbers from an outside source, and you should be thankful that someone is trying to do it first and find out.

2. Yes K&N has been around forever, but that doesn't mean that another company cannot have a better product with less time. (After all dodge made a srt-4 chevy made a cobalt ss j/k calm down srt-4 fans I'm one as well)

3. This product is shipping now (No waiting, if I had the money I would buy it just b/c I am impatient... Modern U of all people should know that if u have the first product on the market you can charge more for it. (Supply and Demand)

4. For modern I will also say I have read many posts on here and I can honestly say that u are one of the most helpful vendors on this site.

In conclusion, I think that since nobody knows whether or not this intake is good we should all wait to draw conclusions.

Thank you for your kind words about MP.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:43 PM

okay guys i jsut got the tracking number and im receiving it on thrusday. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:48 PM

Lucky man; I wanted to order one too, but when I called, they were close, so I wrote them a e-mail. I will order it monday or tuesday. My speed shop got a k&N in order too. Can't wait to dyno them.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jmc007
Lucky man; I wanted to order one too, but when I called, they were close, so I wrote them a e-mail. I will order it monday or tuesday. My speed shop got a k&N in order too. Can't wait to dyno them.

which one r u gona buy
Old 10-09-2005, 12:57 AM

It depends on the price I will get of the Fujita ... will take my decision monday or tuesday !
Old 10-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mercury
That isn't my argument.....

I was basically saying that even my grandfather knows what K&N does. If I asked him about fujitsutustus or whatever it is he would have no idea. Just by saying that I am implying that K&N is repuatble and has been all across the car board for many years.
does ur grandfather no what psi/fi is too!???!!
Old 10-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by SwizzDSMSS

for real man!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 PM

so many newbies that are hardcore name brand only

who cares really, does it make your dick feel big when u go to a meet and people ask what intake u have and u proudly say k&n, but does your dick stay jsut as big when u realize you gained only 5 peak hp when with the fujitsu or w/e u gained alot mroe power for only a tiny bit mroe money

Quick Reply: CAI just released, best on market!