2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

CAI just released, best on market!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, ****** hilarios! thats what ive been trin to say. everyone here is all like, "im waitin...k&n rulz!" what if k&n is inflating thier numbers too huh??? the fact is is that when u are trying to extract power from a car, u buy the best there is, money aside. do u no how much money ive spent? i also smoke modded evo's. i posted this because my friend has an ss s/c and i love the car. im on here regulary and new there was a shortage of good intakes. so when i saw this i decided to help u out. but obviously all u noobs dont understand...

and modern, with all ur, "u want a quality, backed, product thats proven..." ****** put fujita on ur "TEST CAR" and prove it! as for quality, i would trust k&n if this was my f150, but this is a sport compact...injen, fujita, aem, thats where i would go. as i said before k&n may have 80,000 yrs experience, and grandpas may have heard of them, but their CAI's are very new.

for those that dont no, a CAI isnt great b/c of the "cold air." its the long tubing, and the sound and turbulant waves that are created. the cold air is good for heat soak and nothing else, yes its less dense, but so is air from a short ram until it gets hot. so the main deal is the pipe, which fujita seems to have mastered. k&n obviously has not...all they do is make good filters, and guess who probably makes the filter for this intake. yep, k&n!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:00 PM

i am going with knightrider on that K&N is not that great. I am just one of those people who have had great luck with AEM and would take alot for me to go with soemthing else.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:32 PM

wow! this just in..."Saturn Motorsports and Fujita Air have teamed up to produce the full line of Saturn Intakes sold exclusively through Saturn Motorsports."

the redline is the same engine right??? i looks like gm likes fujita enough to make an entire exclusive line.

but wait, they still must be full of **** on their dynos, and have shitty quality even though they will most likely not void mannufactors warrenty now that they have a CONTRACT with saturn/gm.

wait gm is american, y didnt they use an american brand thats been "trusted" for 35 years? oh yeah, because they realize what it takes for performance, and they recignize that fujita is the best!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:08 PM

For those of you who say k&n is the best just because k&n has been around forever, you need to wake up and realize this is 2005. k&N makes great filter, that's it. They are new to the air intake market. Just because they make great filters does not mean they can make a great intake. AEM invented the CAI, Injen perfected it, and now Fujita is going to take it a step further.

FYI, Ryan, the co-founder of Injen started Fujita Air. The company was named after the japanese scientist Fujita, who came up with the Fujita Scale to catergorized the different classes of tornado. F5 being the strongest tornado classification. The term tornado is associated with Fujita Air since Fujita Air does use the Tornado or "Turbonator" in some of it's intake. The tornado is used in applications where Fujita feels there were additional hp or tq gains to be made (e.g. RSX, Nissan Titan, and a few more). The Tornado vortex generator was originally designed to increase gas mileage and was later found to increase peformance on some applications. Many may think of the Tornado as "snake oil" but keep in mind that this devices was approved and verified by the EPA for increasing gas mileage, that's the only way that Tornado was allow to market the product as "increasing fuel mileage".

As for name-brands. Just because Zenith is an american company and it's been around forever, doesn't mean i'm going to buy a zenith tv, when i can get the lastest and greatest from Sony, Pioneer, Toshiba, Panasonic, Samsung, etc. You get the point.

Many will consider the Fujita product pricey, but again you get what you paid for. As far as being an american brand, it is. The company is based in CA, the raw materials, clamps, hoses, etc. are design and built right here in the USA by good 'ol Americans. Keep in mind a product is only as good the company behind it. And Fujita has made it a priority to be #1 in customer support.

So buy whatever brand you feel is best for you and don't let ignorant people tell you otherwise and don't be afraid to try something new.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM

243whp@8000 167wtq@6000
awww.. your torque is so cute
Old 10-10-2005, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick
awww.. your torque is so cute
yeah the camaro ss (350tq) i just beat said the same thing!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger@AEM
Well, I think you should take a step back and look at that again. Saturn Motorsports does not equal General Motors. Saturn Motorsports is a group of Saturn dealerships in the San Diego area.

GM Performance Parts is general motors, and I don't think they are working with anyone besides AEM on intake designs for any type of sport compact applications.
When Injen, AEM, K&N were no-name companies it took risk takers to get them going. Same with Fujita. The Coablt SS/SC was a new product, yet most of us jumped the gun and pre-ordered them before they even came out of production lines. Heck, I bought mine w/o test driving or knowing how to drive manual. I just liked the PROMISE of a perfoming car. Fujita is promising a performing CAI, so why not give them a chance. Because w/o giving Injen, AEM, or K&N a chance, they'd be broke.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
so why not give them a chance. Because w/o giving Injen, AEM, or K&N a chance, they'd be broke.
I didn't say not to.....just clearing up the fact that Saturn Motorsports is not General Motors.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:16 PM

Injen CAI soon ...

See post #7 of this thread :

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/injen-cai-cobalt-ss-sc-4770/

Have nice day !
Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mugenmrx3
For those of you who say k&n is the best just because k&n has been around forever, you need to wake up and realize this is 2005. k&N makes great filter, that's it. They are new to the air intake market. Just because they make great filters does not mean they can make a great intake. AEM invented the CAI, Injen perfected it, and now Fujita is going to take it a step further.

FYI, Ryan, the co-founder of Injen started Fujita Air. The company was named after the japanese scientist Fujita, who came up with the Fujita Scale to catergorized the different classes of tornado. F5 being the strongest tornado classification. The term tornado is associated with Fujita Air since Fujita Air does use the Tornado or "Turbonator" in some of it's intake. The tornado is used in applications where Fujita feels there were additional hp or tq gains to be made (e.g. RSX, Nissan Titan, and a few more). The Tornado vortex generator was originally designed to increase gas mileage and was later found to increase peformance on some applications. Many may think of the Tornado as "snake oil" but keep in mind that this devices was approved and verified by the EPA for increasing gas mileage, that's the only way that Tornado was allow to market the product as "increasing fuel mileage".

As for name-brands. Just because Zenith is an american company and it's been around forever, doesn't mean i'm going to buy a zenith tv, when i can get the lastest and greatest from Sony, Pioneer, Toshiba, Panasonic, Samsung, etc. You get the point.

Many will consider the Fujita product pricey, but again you get what you paid for. As far as being an american brand, it is. The company is based in CA, the raw materials, clamps, hoses, etc. are design and built right here in the USA by good 'ol Americans. Keep in mind a product is only as good the company behind it. And Fujita has made it a priority to be #1 in customer support.

So buy whatever brand you feel is best for you and don't let ignorant people tell you otherwise and don't be afraid to try something new.
Great first post, brother... you're the first person in this thread to back your claims with any sort of fact or merit.

Although I would personally go with K&N over anything else (purely because I have a history with K&N products, and I would be willing to trade performance for the pride I'd feel when opening up my hood and seeing K&N), you pretty much took the words right out of my head.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 AM

New picture of this intake :

http://www.f5air.com/images/updates/...ca1416_lrg.jpg

It look a 3" diameter tubing instead of the K&N 2,5 or 2.75" tubing ?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Fujita CAI ordered ...

I finally decided to order a Fujita CAI from Ptuning. Fujita told me it's a 3" mandrel piping which flares to a 3,5" at the filter.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM

i didint think a 3 inch would fit without modifcation to the intake hole.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:44 PM

mAN THATS ONE SICK FAT PIPE! LOL
Old 10-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by beerbaron105
Yeah there was a company that was talking about a 3 inch intake awhile back, but they said that you would have to modifiy your car in oder for it to work. Haven't heard anything about it lately...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by beerbaron105
Not really, it wouldn't have much clearance at all and most likely would have some kind of rub on the sheet metal, unless the hole was trimmed.

Also, a mandrel bend can't make the turn to the fender well, without the splash gaurd needing to be trimmed, from what I saw when we had one in here.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jmc007
I finally decided to order a Fujita CAI from Ptuning. Fujita told me it's a 3" mandrel piping which flares to a 3,5" at the filter.
I just ordered the Fujita intake today also and it should be at my door Friday
Old 10-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Moderator Alumni

Alright fellas.

If I read one more post bashing Modern Performance or K&N I am not going to be a happy camper.

It's not on topic with this thread and it's CERTAINLY not productive.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 PM
iso

Originally Posted by codyss
Must anyone be reminded that we drive a Chevrolet Cobalt SS? Not a RSX, RX-7 or Miata.

Who in there right mind would use a Fuji, Fujita, Fungi what ever the hell it is?

Nothing like one of the sweetest american cars being completely ruined with rice parts.
you do realize that most of chevy's new line up is built and manufactured in korea? American Revolution? i think not. just because they are an american car company doesn't mean they are building their cars in america.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by iso
you do realize that most of chevy's new line up is built and manufactured in korea? American Revolution? i think not. just because they are an american car company doesn't mean they are building their cars in america.
Not on topic, stick to the topic
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 PM

Man 300 for an Intake. And i thought 700 dollars for custom pistons was a ripoff
Old 10-13-2005, 10:33 PM

When are you ladies going to learn that you have to pay for performance
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 PM

Joe cries and said : 350 bucks for an intake ? Damn too high !!! *?*&%?$%$
Jack said : 14 WHP increase from a CAI is impossible !!! *(?*&?%*%?%
Averell said : All intake are the same crap; a tubing with a filter !! %?&?$?%$?%$

But Lucky luke says :

- 350$ USD for 14 WHP equals only 25 $ per WHP !!!
- 220 WHP vs 206 WHP equals a 6,8 % gain; very possible for a good tuned intake !
- The piping design, diameter, position of the MAF sensor, diameter and type of the filter, all of these together can make a good or a bad intake !

Bang bang Lucky luke ...