2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

can u say pauls turbo 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I think I may have done the suburu mod..... doesn't sound that bad, but's it's idling real rough... getting a little oil smell out the exhaust too. **** it, I'll turn the boost down a bit and drive it til it blows.
******* car leaned out hard out of nowhere on the way home, there was a LOUD bang out the exhaust, but she still runs fine, just rough at idle. I dunno, either that, or an injector went. But I'll be doing a few tests on it tomorrow. I guess 24psi was pushing it lol
lol
damn im good.

i was getting some really wierd **** going on with my car saturday night. it wouldn't show up on the logs either. it would pop really loud at 6400. af went to 22.4, like all of the injectors shut off.

the log showed nothing, no knock, nothing on the ms/idc/ timing, rpm, speed. zero zilch nadda.

so i went and ran it again.

same thing.

again, it pulled to 7300. no problems since. wtf batman!
i may run a compression test this weekend to see how she's doin
Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
yeah my car did basically the same ****. I'm about ready to detune it and just drive it on 14 psi and call it quits til a good standalone comes out for the car. I need to get rid of this MAF ****. It's really pissing me off now, cause the car will never run the same day by day. I also 0'd out most of the adders and **** to try and lock the tune down more, but it stil doesn't matter, there is just some part of the PCM I guess we can't acess with hp tuners that's just ******* everything up.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Rent me! per hour

yeah my car did basically the same ****. I'm about ready to detune it and just drive it on 14 psi and call it quits til a good standalone comes out for the car. I need to get rid of this MAF ****. It's really pissing me off now, cause the car will never run the same day by day. I also 0'd out most of the adders and **** to try and lock the tune down more, but it stil doesn't matter, there is just some part of the PCM I guess we can't acess with hp tuners that's just ******* everything up.
yours popped hard. mine didn't. felt like spark blow out. got me.

i need to clean my maf anyways, i think thats my issue all together. all my timing adders are zeroed out, but there is still something in there that is not doing what it should and ******* my timing up.

i have pretty much made two timing maps, one for daily, one for weekend. i just detuned the car and gave up.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haltech makes a wicked stand alone for drive by wire. Also the Fcon Vpro hks unit is sick.It has closed loop under boost so no need to tune just get it close Dial in the AFR you want and it does it for you.

Hey Paul do you still have the gm stage III pcm for sale?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 PM

I think I may have done the suburu mod..... doesn't sound that bad, but's it's idling real rough... getting a little oil smell out the exhaust too. **** it, I'll turn the boost down a bit and drive it til it blows.
******* car leaned out hard out of nowhere on the way home, there was a LOUD bang out the exhaust, but she still runs fine, just rough at idle. I dunno, either that, or an injector went. But I'll be doing a few tests on it tomorrow. I guess 24psi was pushing it lol
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
i really hope you didnt blow it bro. does it sound like camerons in the srt race vid?
if its ok, you gotta be easy until its finished being tuned.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM

I think your done. Is the dip stick staying in? I have some pistons and rods you might want.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:19 PM

well that just blows. I hope i dont have all this **** to look forward too.......
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
lol
damn im good.

i was getting some really wierd **** going on with my car saturday night. it wouldn't show up on the logs either. it would pop really loud at 6400. af went to 22.4, like all of the injectors shut off.

the log showed nothing, no knock, nothing on the ms/idc/ timing, rpm, speed. zero zilch nadda.

so i went and ran it again.

same thing.

again, it pulled to 7300. no problems since. wtf batman!
i may run a compression test this weekend to see how she's doin
My car will very randomly do this at exactly 6500 rpms on the tach . Not sure if its the exact same thing as u guys describe , but it is huge split second backfire/pop sound out of the exhaust . Its done it with both the stock and LT1 MAF . First time it did it , i had to check the seat for **** stains
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by spaz
I think your done. Is the dip stick staying in? I have some pistons and rods you might want.
didn't blow out the dipstick, just running very rough at idle,
I have enough stuff now to build my spare motor good to @1000 hp so I think I'm ok with that., Dropping everything off next week to my engine guy, and hopefully the car will hold out til then. definitely turning down the boost lol
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Damn man I wanted some track times!!!!!!!
Nobody has reported a Turbo LSJ time yet

But non the less I hope it holds out till you can build the motor!

Last edited by Rangerondubz; 11-19-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM

Damn Paul this may suck man. Well, out of curiosity once the new engine is built I'd crank that **** back up and dyno it or run it at the track till it blows! What do you have to loose at that point!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 AM

I bet you he's fine. Paul gets paranoid.....
Old 11-20-2007, 08:03 AM

lets hope so.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 AM

well, car is running stil pretty good, but my afr's are all over the place, and idle is pretty crappy, this morning it was missfiring and sputtering real bad, but cleaned itself up after a few minutes. Wierd though cause it runs perfectly smooth when driving around. I dunno, but I def smell some burning oil in the exhaust after a few runs. can't tell if it's the turbo's seal, or the rings. I have a feeling it may be an injector going bad, or my fuel pump, but my fuel pressure stays even.
This MAf **** is really starting to **** me off on this car cause no matter what I do, it just won't run they way it should. I fix one thing, it causes another issue, fix that issue, old one comes back. Goddamn gm, and goddamn hp tuners for leaving us hanging lol
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM

Sounds like we arent going to be seeing this kit from CA.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM

well, car is running stil pretty good, but my afr's are all over the place, and idle is pretty crappy, this morning it was missfiring and sputtering real bad, but cleaned itself up after a few minutes. Wierd though cause it runs perfectly smooth when driving around. I dunno, but I def smell some burning oil in the exhaust after a few runs. can't tell if it's the turbo's seal, or the rings. I have a feeling it may be an injector going bad, or my fuel pump, but my fuel pressure stays even.
This MAf **** is really starting to **** me off on this car cause no matter what I do, it just won't run they way it should. I fix one thing, it causes another issue, fix that issue, old one comes back. Goddamn gm, and goddamn hp tuners for leaving us hanging lol
What about turning down the boost to 15lbs or less, setting MAF fail freq to 0 and running the car in SD mode using the VE table for tuning??? At least that way you can tell if its just the MAF thats fuked......Maybe its time to fake a 3 bar sd tune.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 AM

How did everybody else get it to work? Or they didnt get it to work?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Rent me! per hour

you're doing a blow through setup aren't you.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL

Originally Posted by Kennyspec
What about turning down the boost to 15lbs or less, setting MAF fail freq to 0 and running the car in SD mode using the VE table for tuning??? At least that way you can tell if its just the MAF thats fuked......Maybe its time to fake a 3 bar sd tune.
LOL tuning right takes time and expertise. no expertise than even more time to try and figure it out. I gave up cause I just dont have the time. minor adjustments that allow for going back to original tune I could handle. but to build a tune for an unknown setup is just not in the cards for me. unless Kenny you come with a kickass tune that works well for all seasons and temperature changes. I just wont be doing it. good luck all
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM

I fix one thing, it causes another issue, fix that issue, old one comes back. Goddamn gm, and goddamn hp tuners for leaving us hanging lol

"It's a Cobalt, and it hates you." -BCP
Old 11-20-2007, 01:43 PM

lol thanks for the reminder brian.

But yeah I want to try and do the fake 3 bar VE table setup, but as stated in above posts, that takes time... lots and lots of time that I do not have.
Hopefully this weekend though I can try that out since I have 3 days off. But I also got a **** ton of work to finish.
Need to run new fuel lines, pressure regulator, and carb on the monte, plus new timing chain and a few other little wiring issues.
On the cobalt, I need to pull the entire turbo setup out of my car to change out the gaskets and fix the turbo manifold (it warped) and that should take up at least 6-8 hours of my time right there. so maybe I'll have a chance to play with it.
I dunno, but tuning when it was warmer, the car was fine, now that it's cold the computer is just freaking out and just randomly doing ****.
Like I'll do a 3rd gear pull at 22psi.... car will hold 11.3-11.4 afr across the board under boost... 10 minutes later I'll do another pull, it'll spike up to 13.5afr at 6500 rpm or so... and no matter what I change or adjust, it still just randomly does crazy ****.
I may just dial everything down and see what I can do til something good standalone wise comes out for us. Finish the motor in the meantime and just drive it around til everything is ready.
But the kit should be out sometime after christmas, I'll have a good base tune for 16psi, but anything above that, the car is very tempermental.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

You sure its not from your manifold gasket
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Rent me! per hour

draw thru or blow thru maf set up?

don't feel bad, my car does weird **** when it's below 50 degree's out. i just go with it and leave it be
Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rangerondubz
You sure its not from your manifold gasket
it MIGHT be throwing off the wideband readings. Y it only does it sometimes......i have no idea.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM

nah its definitely leaning out hard... 2nd gear I'll hit 98-101 % IDC 3rd gear where it spikes lean it stays @56-65% idc... but only does it occasionally.
I know the exhaust leak is ******* up my **** in closed loop. that issue will be addressed this weekend though. but at WOT, that should have anything to do with that

Quick Reply: can u say pauls turbo 2.0