2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

careers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Conductor and then engineer in a few years. No job safe eh? The country would shut down without us! EVERYTHING you own at one time or another came off a train.

No you can be up like 2 or 3 hours from one to get a job all depending on the company. Example I'm 10 minutes from mine but a guy I work ith lives in PA more then an 1 1/2 drive away!
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Tra...troller_Strike

"...PATCO thought it could cause the national air system to grind to a halt and use that as a bargaining tool. Reagan gave union members 48 hours to return, knowing that Transportation Secretary Drew Lewis had secretly trained replacements and the airplanes kept flying at 80% of normal.

On August 3, following their refusal, Reagan fired the 11,345 striking air traffic controllers who had ignored the order, and permanently banned them from federal service. They were replaced initially with nonparticipating controllers, supervisors, staff personnel, some nonrated personnel, and in some cases by controllers transferred temporarily from other facilities. Some military controllers were also used until replacements could be trained. It proved the most stunning defeat for unions in 60 years."

Unions are a good thing, and they do help to keep employers in check, but if Uncle Sam decides it's going to screw you over, pray you get a kiss after.

Part of our apprenticeship program included some union (overall labor movement vs specifically my union) history, and the air traffic controllers strike is a hot one.

j
Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 AM

i work for a liqour distributor but i have come up with 5 jobs i would like to do

1.the baltimore orioles mascot
2.a beer taste tester
3.an ice cream man
4.clean up guy at the **** theatre
5.ron jeremys stunt double in **** flicks
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

good god, thats the life
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 AM

i work 3rd shift at harris teeter stocking full time, represent HT!!!!!! lol but ive had a 450 car payment since i was in the 11th grade. learn to manage your money and only have one toy. i make 300 a week. i did have a 450 car payment on my eclipse gt and then traded it in for this ss supercharged. 430 on the balt, 80 cell phone, and about 70 in gas a week. full time student in college and going to be an accountant. only 3 more years left.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nexus23
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Tra...troller_Strike

"...PATCO thought it could cause the national air system to grind to a halt and use that as a bargaining tool. Reagan gave union members 48 hours to return, knowing that Transportation Secretary Drew Lewis had secretly trained replacements and the airplanes kept flying at 80% of normal.

On August 3, following their refusal, Reagan fired the 11,345 striking air traffic controllers who had ignored the order, and permanently banned them from federal service. They were replaced initially with nonparticipating controllers, supervisors, staff personnel, some nonrated personnel, and in some cases by controllers transferred temporarily from other facilities. Some military controllers were also used until replacements could be trained. It proved the most stunning defeat for unions in 60 years."

Unions are a good thing, and they do help to keep employers in check, but if Uncle Sam decides it's going to screw you over, pray you get a kiss after.

Part of our apprenticeship program included some union (overall labor movement vs specifically my union) history, and the air traffic controllers strike is a hot one.

We actuly have to sign a waver with the federal govt that we won't strike. Remember not just civilian goods are shipped by train but military as well. We transport tanks and all sorts of stuff. In fact the interstate commerce clause was enacted to protect rail roads from individual states slapping un-due taxes on us. The rail roads own the land that the tracks are on as well as 8 to 10 feet on either side. We are exempt from state laws while on railroad property and we have our own police forces with arrest powers and shoot first authorization.

And I actualy think union are whats ******* this country up as baddly as it is. They are great for the guy who comes to work, does his job and trues to get ahead. BUT the protect the drunk who comes in and ***** **** up as well. Doubled edged sword I guess
Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 AM

the Unions Ruined the UK manufacturing industry and are trying to ruin our transport/mail network too

I work for the UK division of Visteon (not a favourable company in the US lol) Designing engine management for Diesel applications. much fun.