2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Cobalt-Addiction Stage kits???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
you guys really have no idea how hard it is to keep up with supply and demand.
that's complete ****. that's step 1 for maintaining a successful business! if a business can't keep up with the supply and demand of their customers, then they don't have what it takes. and cobalt addiction doesn't have what it takes.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
it's not them that can't keep up with the supply... manufacturers keep ****** em over.. Like the whole heate exchanger debacle. They're as pissed as you guys are about the whole dea, which is why they are switching manufacturers..
But yes I've over heard some calls over there where I wish I could have got on the phone.
I.E.
I ordered my pulley saturday night and it's monday where is it.
Are you ******* kidding me people. And I know they do their best to return emails, but from what I've seen, most people that bitch Never EMAILED OR CALLED AT ALL. And sometime you call and yell and hang up before the situation is taken care of (I've been there for a few of those too). But seriously people they have a board of all orders on back order and going out, all you have to do it call em they are there from 10-7 mon-friday, it's not that hard people. Better then just sitting here talking ****, which is the easy way out.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 AM

I have dealt with Kenny multiple times. I can honestly say that the service has been excellent for me. All of the parts were at my door in 5 business days.

I have had only one slightly sour experience with them, although it is not wholly their fault. When I purchased my Interceptor guage from them, it took almost a month and a half to recieve it. They have to actually come from Aeroforce though, so its all good.

I recommmend them.

Last edited by tlax23; 11-10-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 AM

I ordered a column gauge pod and their downpipe from them. Recieved both in a reasonble amount of time and in perfectly good condition. I wasn't a big fan of the fat that there is no notification of your parts shipping and such, but I never had a problem with them. It really does seem like it is hit or miss.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:44 AM

**** happens with every vendor. Just hope when it happens its not on your order. Also some people order **** thats pre production then cry when they don't have it by the next day. Just to let you know I told kenny not to put out the turbo kit pauls car has from them cause a good amount of the cobalt owners are cry babies when it comes to ****. and you can't even say im a CA fanboi. I have not one part from them on my car......
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 AM

I haven't been on CA site in a while, but they should put a "note" on there saying that if a product is not in stock or is pre production, to allow additional time for shipping. I think it would be great for them to put out that turbo kit, but make sure that the communtiy is aware that there is going to be a waiting period.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
darksun does speak the truth on that. It's in debate now whether to release the turbo kit or due to the whining that goes on here. and since I'll get to be the tech support for that whole thing, I dunno if I really want to deal with it now seeing how every responds to ****. But hey **** happens, Sometimes it's not their fault, sometimes it is, but you get that everywhere. I mean I've ordered from other vendors on this site too, I also had a bad experience with one, and had to have a paypal dispute opened because they never responded to me, but I got my money back, and would still deal with them again.
As for updating the site on whats in stock. They really don't carry a whole lot in stock, and most of their products are made in house to order. As I stated before, it never hurts to call before you order anything, if need be go on their site, the shops number in on there and they would be more than happy to check stock on items before you place your order
Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno....I ordered my first pulley/hub along with a few other pulleys and spark plugs and stuff.....always received the stuff within the week. Also when I ordered my first pulley I wanted a polished pulley, I received a call the day after I ordred so they could let me know they didn't have any polished pulleys in stock and if I would take a black one.....I thought the communication was excellent. Only good things from them on my end
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by BlurpleSS
that's complete ****. that's step 1 for maintaining a successful business! if a business can't keep up with the supply and demand of their customers, then they don't have what it takes. and cobalt addiction doesn't have what it takes.
you don't know that much about how business works, just from that statement alone i can tell. sorry
Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by DTM2188
I haven't been on CA site in a while, but they should put a "note" on there saying that if a product is not in stock or is pre production, to allow additional time for shipping. I think it would be great for them to put out that turbo kit, but make sure that the communtiy is aware that there is going to be a waiting period.
Same as ther eibach anti roll bar kit......which you can order but eibach did not even make the kit "should be released in january"

On the web-site you can order but it dose not indicated that eibach has not released the kit
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 AM

For me, I now have an Evo so I order from a company called ETS (extreme turbo systems), all of their products are made in-house. When you order, whether it be over the phone or online, they alwasy are sure to state that you must allow one week after payment for the porduct to ship since they have to make the parts you are buying.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
their that bad..their website looks kool
Old 11-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Banned

i've personally never had a problem with cobalt addiction. i've always received my orders on time. i see a lot of people bitching, but maybe people here are right. some people are going to be unreasonable. but, it almost doesn't matter how long something takes to get to your door as long as there's good communication. i'm a videographer, do lots of weddings, so i deal with brides every day. i get the occasional wedding on saturday, and the bride calls up confused on monday that the video is not done yet

the most important thing when it comes to dealing with the public is to keep them informed. take 2 scenarios. i'm working on a video. i get really, really backed up, things come up that don't let me work on it, and it takes longer than originally expected to get it done. in the first scenario, i don't call to let the people know. so weeks go by, and they think i forgot about them and start to get nervous. they think "i should have had my video by now, what the hell is this guy doing?" it's not my fault that it's not done, there was nothing i can do about it. but they'r upset.

scenario 2: things come up, the video gets pushed back a few weeks. i know it won't be ready on time, so i call and let them know. i tell them that for whatever reason there will be a delay. i also tell them i'm not the kind of person that's going to rush through it just to get it done quickly, i want it to be done the right way. i let them know they can call to check in, or i'll call when i have a better idea of when it will be done.

now, after all is said and done, suppose there's someone looking for some video work. would you want a referral to be from scneario 1 or scenario 2? i would want it from scenario 2. that 15 second phone call is the difference between a good referral and a bad referral.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:48 AM

^ Well said sir.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

all I know is that they are not doing something right if you have this many compliants. I realize some of the compliants are stupid (wait times) and some are legit. I use to order from other places worse though where your name got thrown in a basket they would shake up and who ever they picked out of it got the last part in stock.

I should mention alot of the CA website has incorrect spelling on things. A professional website should obviously be spell checked before putting it out for others to see.

The D/P I've had for only 3-4 months already has a hole in it and makes me wonder about the quality of other products they sell. It could be a defect but after conducting a search many others have the same problems..

I don't consider this vendor bashing but more of a way to say perhaps you should overlook some of your ethics and business practices before conducting further business with potential customers.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
point blank. 99% of the people on here, do not have a clue what happens behind the scenes. you have no idea, stop pretending you do.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

point blank. 99% of the people on here, do not have a clue what happens behind the scenes. you have no idea, stop pretending you do.
and that means what? it means NOTHING. it doesn't matter what happens behind the scenes. there is ZERO excuse for no communication.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

arrrrgggg i hate all vendors...
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
and that means what? it means NOTHING. it doesn't matter what happens behind the scenes. there is ZERO excuse for no communication.
go open a shop, and see what happens. your views will change. people forget things, we're human.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:33 PM

go open a shop, and see what happens. your views will change. people forget things, we're human.
GREAT point
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

it's not the point. dealing with the public is dealing with the public. it doesn't matter if it's a shop or not. 99% of retail operations work the same way. the only time it's different is if you produce the parts in house. otherwise it's all the same, in any business. the manufacturer sells to a wholesaler, the wholesaler sell to the retailer, retailer sells to the public. what makes a "shop" so much different?

if you don't have the ability to communicate clearly you have no reason trying to run a business. i'm not saying people have to be perfect all the time, that will never happen. but these posts are on here ALL the time. that they don't call back. commnication is bad. i've had problems getting in touch with them too.

it's not a one time thing. if you forget that often, you need a better system to handle your orders.

yes, things go wrong. a truck got lost, something came in broken, or missing, manufacturer is on backorder, etc. thigns WILL go wrong. but you have to communicate that to the buyer.

majority of a good or bad deal is based on the level of communication between the buyer and seller.