2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Cobalt SS CANNOT be hydrolocked!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was a great story.

And in before the WOOHOO
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 PM

I think it will be a while before it gets locked...

BTW, EricD, How's that 750iL of yours? I heard somewhere that they AREN't the ultimate driving machine... Undependable out the ass...
Old 09-28-2006, 03:29 PM

No only informational threads by authors that mods don't like get locked.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
and you have my address? what are you going to do with it drive up here with your UBER warenteed(sp?) cobaltss?
Old 09-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Burn!

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
and you have my address? what are you going to do with it drive up here with your UBER warenteed(sp?) cobaltss?
no he we come with his "cousins" bunch a ****, come to philly flcobalt, then we see whats up(dont make threats on going to peoples houses that you wont do!), but you said you in the bad part of town, down there is sunny florida
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM

ROFL wow

Old 09-28-2006, 03:57 PM

No ridicule or dumb pics from me FL, I know it is something your friend told you…and I suppose only a few of us took your post as a question not a statement…but based on the CFM of air that the M62 pulls in from the air intake it would most definitely consume any oxygen that could possibly be trapped in the fender well (although I don’t see how that could be possible) in a matter of seconds. It is true that vehicle electronics such as the radio have been proven to function under-water for several hours…power windows in today’s vehicles can typically last 30 minutes. The engine however, I just do not see how it would be possible. Even if there was some kind of air bubble surrounding the motor how would it be structurally sound to support the motor with air as it is being recovered from the water?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobalts can run underwater! but only the SS. You guys didn't know about the Subarine switch? Man you are all retards. I'll educate you:

First car must be in 3rd gear. Then Hit the trunk pop button and tune radio to 87.4 at the same time.

I use this featur in AZ all the time!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
I use this featur in AZ all the time!
Yeah, I bet you go snorkeling in the Salt River all the time.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
coming from the guy with 186 posts.

i didnt hear what the cop said, its not my car. Im going by what he told me the cop said. Again he first saw the car back at the dealership. Thats where i first saw it too, from the residue of the grime and what the tech said the front end had definately went under water.
they pulled the car OUT OF THE LAKE.

but ok, believe what you want to believe.

i dont got sh*t to prove on here.

the funniest thing about the internet is u have these f*cking geeks who can be who ever they want to be behind a computer screen , talk sh*t but in real life are nothing more then geeks with low self esteem.
I almost wrote you out a lesson on why were all geeks ,but instead i'm going to say that Your on the website with us so dont talk ever again, And if you dont have to prove anything to us Then why are you still trying to convice us...also, you have 2k posts and your claling the guy with 186 that doesn't get on often a "geek", Just b/c you talk **** and think your better than everyone why dont you take a look at your own life b4 you judge other people maybe reality wiill hit you in the face and we'll be laughing cuz your the one "with low self esteem" and actually believe we car what you say cuz none of us care we just want you to know how much of a ******* you are....And btw I love cars, i'm learning to build my own and most of these people are doing the same how can we not be what we want?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 PM

Tell him turn burn it next time instead of pushing it into a lake. That's for sure a total loss !!!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
No ridicule or dumb pics from me FL, I know it is something your friend told you…and I suppose only a few of us took your post as a question not a statement…but based on the CFM of air that the M62 pulls in from the air intake it would most definitely consume any oxygen that could possibly be trapped in the fender well (although I don’t see how that could be possible) in a matter of seconds. It is true that vehicle electronics such as the radio have been proven to function under-water for several hours…power windows in today’s vehicles can typically last 30 minutes. The engine however, I just do not see how it would be possible. Even if there was some kind of air bubble surrounding the motor how would it be structurally sound to support the motor with air as it is being recovered from the water?
thanks tofu

I was simply repeating what my cousin told me the cop told him.
I posted asking a question, saying i didnt understand how the vehicle could hydrolock from a CAI when according to my cousin, according to the cop, the vehicle was still running when they pulled it out of the lake.

Again i dont pretend to know everything about cars thats why i post threads with questions adn when i get the answer i simply delete the thread unless i feel its information that another person might be able to use in the future.

7 pages of lame ass internet pictures its not what i expected when i came on here asking a question but what ever.

The facts that i know is that the car was in water, and the bill came up to 594$

As far as for the warranty jokes. Its not rare for a dealer to offer special warrantys.
My BLACK cobalt had lifetime tires (FREE), thats the one i bought in ohio.

This Ss/sc has rim and tire protection. along with exterior and interior protection and Lo jack. I gave you the dealership name, im sure they offer them on all their cars. it takes 2 seconds to go on yellowpages.com get their number and ask if you dont believe me. Dont sit here and call me a liar when i gave you a means of proving it to you.

Again, Whatever you guys want to say or think is fine. I know his vehicle was in water, as for the ellasped time? no one would know except the person who put it in there and the time the cop pulled it out.

Ask anyone who ever met me at Bithlo track, im a cool guy, give props to everyones car regardless of what it looks like because its there car. i respect ambition. Every time i see an SS/sc Or Redline on the road i always try and catch up with them, tell them about the track and tell them about CobaltSS.net.

Now if you guys act like this to someone who has be around, how the f*ck would you act to someone new? i cant in good conscience refer anyone to this site with the amount of sh*t talk that goes on over a simple question.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJMKAFKA
Again Another Waste Of What Could Be Good Information On 7 Pages Down The Tubes..
Here is some good information, our cars don't run underwater.

Unless... GM is preparing for a war against the mer-people in Atlantis and we need all the vehicles and people we can get, so GM created the first ever ROFWI (Removes Oxygen From Water Intake) and a waranty that makes every car invicible to water.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by xxdarkbladexx
I almost wrote you out a lesson on why were all geeks ,but instead i'm going to say that Your on the website with us so dont talk ever again, And if you dont have to prove anything to us Then why are you still trying to convice us...also, you have 2k posts and your claling the guy with 186 that doesn't get on often a "geek", Just b/c you talk **** and think your better than everyone why dont you take a look at your own life b4 you judge other people maybe reality wiill hit you in the face and we'll be laughing cuz your the one "with low self esteem" and actually believe we car what you say cuz none of us care we just want you to know how much of a ******* you are....And btw I love cars, i'm learning to build my own and most of these people are doing the same how can we not be what we want?
didnt say everyone was a geek. just the people who dont take time to read the thread completely and jump to conclusions.

The same idiots that were Calling BS when the guy said he had stage 3, The same idiots that where calling BS when the guy said there was a fix for the clutches,

And by geek i dont technically mean a geek, its just i try not to curse ( or atleast ** it out) because i know some people view these post from work and thats the nicest word i could find.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:27 PM

I was simply repeating what my cousin told me the cop told him.
I posted asking a question, saying i didnt understand how the vehicle could hydrolock from a CAI when according to my cousin, according to the cop, the vehicle was still running when they pulled it out of the lake.

Again i dont pretend to know everything about cars thats why i post threads with questions adn when i get the answer i simply delete the thread unless i feel its information that another person might be able to use in the future.

7 pages of lame ass internet pictures its not what i expected when i came on here asking a question but what ever.

The facts that i know is that the car was in water, and the bill came up to 594$

As far as for the warranty jokes. Its not rare for a dealer to offer special warrantys.
My BLACK cobalt had lifetime tires (FREE), thats the one i bought in ohio.

This Ss/sc has rim and tire protection. along with exterior and interior protection and Lo jack. I gave you the dealership name, im sure they offer them on all their cars. it takes 2 seconds to go on yellowpages.com get their number and ask if you dont believe me. Dont sit here and call me a liar when i gave you a means of proving it to you.

Again, Whatever you guys want to say or think is fine. I know his vehicle was in water, as for the ellasped time? no one would know except the person who put it in there and the time the cop pulled it out.

Ask anyone who ever met me at Bithlo track, im a cool guy, give props to everyones car regardless of what it looks like because its there car. i respect ambition. Every time i see an SS/sc Or Redline on the road i always try and catch up with them, tell them about the track and tell them about CobaltSS.net.

Now if you guys act like this to someone who has be around, how the f*ck would you act to someone new? i cant in good conscience refer anyone to this site with the amount of sh*t talk that goes on over a simple question.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by superSS/SC
Your my HERO!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FLCobalt

It was not a simple question. It was a question that made the baby Jesus cry for the sheer stupidity for even the thought of it.

^^^^ See post above.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:36 PM

sorry just one of my favs. that i saw today

Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
well, IF this is true, (Sorry, but very hard to believe) the only thing i can think of is this... now keep in mind that i don't know a whole lot about hydrolocking a car, so this may be totally off... but if a car is submerged in water, no water is being sucked into the engine... when you drive through a 3 foot puddle for example, your throttle body is open and sucking the water into the engine... now, i would assume that if you're not on the throttle everything is pretty tight... makes sense to me i guess
Your engine still sucks air in at idle. Your engine NEEDS air to run... period.

Originally Posted by superSS/SC
Someone call mythbusters.
I wanted to be good... I really did. But this guy requested it and I couldn't help but call them.

Myth: Cobalts run underwater for 4 hours.
Attached Thumbnails mythbusters.jpg  
Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM

your right, your opinion counts

FLcobalt: /leaves internet

thank you for all the constructive comments in this thread. its greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:42 PM

hey bro, i called bs just because it is not possible to have a car running under water. i never called bs on the warranty, just that its hard to believe that gm will offer a warranty on something like this. yeah, if your kid spills something on it then it is covered, i have that same warranty, but something that is done intentional like this i would think gm would say go see your insurance cause it is theft recovery.

nothing against you, i just think that somebody story got crossed or somebody misinterperated what happened or the cop made up the 4 hour claim. either way, no car will run under water unless it is in a tunnel.

like i said before, you show me undeniable proof i owe you an apology for calling bs.

and you have to admit, some of those pics were funny!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:44 PM

my guess was that only the nose was submerged and the engine was shut off. No interior water damage because obviously that would destroy the inside. But the car probably still ran after taken out but needed new filters and stuff. thats just my guess.

edit: splink, the proof you need is the cop was a ******* retard who probably wasnt even there. thats just my guess on that.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

this is still going??

flcobalt, do you have pics of the car underwater?? if the cops came, and if anyone else was there, there is NO WAY that this would have not been caught on camera... if it was running underwater for 4 hours, i bet it would have been on the news...
Old 09-28-2006, 04:51 PM

I wish a company would make a snorkel for the SS, or I could just turn my Fujita upside down and cut a hole in the hood. Then you could easily go through about 4 feet of water with the car.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by splink
hey bro, i called bs just because it is not possible to have a car running under water. i never called bs on the warranty, just that its hard to believe that gm will offer a warranty on something like this. yeah, if your kid spills something on it then it is covered, i have that same warranty, but something that is done intentional like this i would think gm would say go see your insurance cause it is theft recovery.

nothing against you, i just think that somebody story got crossed or somebody misinterperated what happened or the cop made up the 4 hour claim. either way, no car will run under water unless it is in a tunnel.

like i said before, you show me undeniable proof i owe you an apology for calling bs.

and you have to admit, some of those pics were funny!

I never said he used the warranty to fix his interior. I dont know if his interior was messed up. I just know its NOT messed up now. so maybe it did get damaged maybe it didnt.

Again total assessed damages were under his deductible. Yeah i didnt think cars run under water either, but i didnt know if this cars had some kind of engine mechanism that safe gaurds the motor when water reaches certain limits.

All these things are questions i was trying to get answered.
But like the one KID said, its a F*cking stupid question right. so wat ever. doesnt even matter.

i was just trying to learn something about the car that maybe i didnt know.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS CANNOT be hydrolocked!?