2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: What meth injection should I buy?
Cooling mist
18.97%
Devils Own
63.79%
Other (please list)
17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
depends on what your definition of really lean is.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIS
I would first correct this "really lean" condition you are describing. Either it needs to be retuned correctly or your running out of either pump or injectors and need to upgrade them.

Tuning our system is very. Give us a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 and we can go over how to tune both our Stage 1 and Stage 2.
ok thanks...im running a 2.9 on 42s with a heat exchanger, intake, custom tune, and nitrous

the tune i believe is going really lean on me, but i know its not the injectors because of me only runnin 16 psi

how much do you thinki would gain once i put a 2.7 60 lbs, and a new custom tune to balance the a/f ratio

Originally Posted by Area47
depends on what your definition of really lean is.
like spark plugs come out white lol..

Last edited by 04redline0124; 11-29-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by 04redline0124
ok thanks...im running a 2.9 on 42s with a heat exchanger, intake, custom tune, and nitrous

the tune i believe is going really lean on me, but i know its not the injectors because of me only runnin 16 psi

how much do you thinki would gain once i put a 2.7 60 lbs, and a new custom tune to balance the a/f ratio

if you're letting the car idle after a hard run, they will do this. if you shut it off rigth after you get off the throttle. let it cool a bit, then read the plugs. you will get the answer you're looking for.

then again, im lazy and just watch the wideband for anything funky
Old 11-29-2007, 11:51 AM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by 04redline0124

Was this tuned by a shop or did you have someone else tune it? How lean does your A/F get?

Once tuned properly with what you have your looking at a 15-20 horsepower gain when you switch over to the 2.7" pulley. With where you live you shouldn't have a problem finding a shop to provide you with dyno tuning.

What your not going to feel is the added safety a water methanol injection system is going to add to your engine. This is particularly important with you running a shot of nitrous. This will help stabilize the combustion process slowing down the flame propagation when both on and off nitrous helping to reduce detonation and keeping the tops of your pistons and upper rings cooler.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

2.7 on 42's is a bad idea.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
Was this tuned by a shop or did you have someone else tune it? How lean does your A/F get?

Once tuned properly with what you have your looking at a 15-20 horsepower gain when you switch over to the 2.7" pulley. With where you live you shouldn't have a problem finding a shop to provide you with dyno tuning.

What your not going to feel is the added safety a water methanol injection system is going to add to your engine. This is particularly important with you running a shot of nitrous. This will help stabilize the combustion process slowing down the flame propagation when both on and off nitrous helping to reduce detonation and keeping the tops of your pistons and upper rings cooler.
ok man thanks alot....i was tuned by hp tuners on this kids laptop, and my a/f was like 11.7 when i dynoed a while ago, but it is definately leaner now for some reason

how much for ur kit and how easy is the install?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Rent me! per hour

when you tune on the dyno vs the street. the a/f ratio changes.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 PM

um... question.....I am hearing that a water meth setup is corrosive to our superchargers and intake manifold, is this true?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Rent me! per hour

depends on how you mix it.

meth has a corrosive property to it, also has a low flash point. clear fire is not fun. when mixed with water it takes the flash point an raises it, and the corrosivness of it is not much to worry about.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone know what the concentration of regular washer fluid is
Old 11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by an0malous
anyone know what the concentration of regular washer fluid is
weak?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah im assuming is probably below 20%

just never heard anyone give a number on it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor

You can look up the msds by getting on the manufactures website and then doing a search for msds. Most neg 20 washer fluilds are 20-30% methanol.

Methanol can eat at some materials, This is why its important to use parts in the systems that are compatible. You would be surprised but there are methanol kit manufactures that use parts in the systems that are not compatible. It blows my mind. Alum can have issues it its under constant contact. People have it alum anodize commonly to protect it from chemicals. Then with Brass Compatibility's It should not be used unless its nickel coated. Some places charge you extra to get parts that are compatible with the intended use. I highly recommend to stay away from bare brass.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:22 PM
AIS

Originally Posted by devilsown
You can look up the msds by getting on the manufactures website and then doing a search for msds. Most neg 20 washer fluilds are 20-30% methanol.

Methanol can eat at some materials, This is why its important to use parts in the systems that are compatible. You would be surprised but there are methanol kit manufactures that use parts in the systems that are not compatible. It blows my mind. Alum can have issues it its under constant contact. People have it alum anodize commonly to protect it from chemicals. Then with Brass Compatibility's It should not be used unless its nickel coated. Some places charge you extra to get parts that are compatible with the intended use. I highly recommend to stay away from bare brass.
This should help. I put this together to make it easier to know how much methanol is contained in the various types of windshield wiper fluids. Depending on the brand the percentages may fluctuate by 1-3%.

Wind Shield Wiper Fluid Rating:

+32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 1% Methanol/99% Water
+20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 10% Methanol/90% Water
0 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 23% Methanol/77% Water
-10 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 20% Methanol/72% Water
-20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 33% Methanol/67% Water
-25 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 35% Methanol/65% Water
-32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 38% Methanol/62% Water
-50 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 62% Methanol/38% Water

Last edited by AIS; 12-02-2007 at 12:51 AM. Reason: We stand corrected as there is generally a 1-3% variance in methanol content per brand, not 1-2% as we originally posted.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

most of your fluid that is below -20 has some form of deicer in it as well. pay close attention to it before you stick it in the car.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AIS
Depending on the brand the percentages may fluctuate by 1-2%.
Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. General the cheap store brands have more methanol. Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol which is a no no for methanol injection. But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water.
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50%

This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25
Chemical************CAS No / Unique ID**********Percent
Methanol************00067-56-1**********<6
2-Butoxyethanol *****000111-76-2**********1-5
Water**************007732-18-5**********90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7**********<1

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
AIS

ATTN: CobaltSS.net Members

It’s Christmas time and AIS is in the spirit of giving. Here’s your chance to win a free AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System with stainless steel lines. Total retail value of $499.98 with shipping.

It’s not often we read post’s as incorrect or untrue as these two listed below. When we do we like to play a game called “What’s wrong with this post?” in which we offer the members a chance to test their knowledge. The winner will be the member who not only identifies the most number of untrue statements but also most accurately list the reasons why for each. In return we will award the winner a free AIS Stage 1 Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System with Stainless Steel Hose shipped free to your door. We feel this is the perfect opportunity to turn this into a fun positive learning event for all.

After reviewing these two posts (listed below) we have discovered 10 untrue statements within them. Members have until 5pm Eastern Time December 7th Friday next week to post there answers at which point we will post our answers and reveal the winner.

To ensure the integrity of this contest AIS will require the winning member to post pictures on this thread once he or she recieves their prize.

Good luck to all! Let the game begin.

Rules and Conditions for the game

*This does not include grammar errors.
* AIS reserve the right to change, edit or modify this post or rules at anytime if necessary.
* AIS will award only one winner
* AIS will not compete in any manor
* The winner is the member who not only identifies the most number of untrue statements but also most accurately list the reasons why for each.
* AIS will ship the prize Friday standard ground. The winner has the option of upgrading to a Stage 2 system by paying an additional $230.00 for the progressive controller.

To play you must post your answers on the following post listed below.

Click HERE To Play

1st Post

2nd Post

Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. General the cheap store brands have more methanol. Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol which is a no no for methanol injection. But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water.
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50%

This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
Methanol 00067-56-1 <6
2-Butoxyethanol 000111-76-2 1-5
Water 007732-18-5 90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7 <1

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Rent me! per hour

hmmmmmmmmmm. i don't need it, but i guess i can play
Old 12-02-2007, 08:05 PM
AIS

most of your fluid that is below -20 has some form of deicer in it as well. pay close attention to it before you stick it in the car.
Please explain what a de-icer is and why you shouldn't run it?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by AIS
Propylene glycol, Diethylene glycol, Ethylene glycol. pick one!

all have similar make ups, just do slightly different things. glycol is used in antifreeze to lower the freezing point of water below 31 degree's. some forms of glycol are used in moisturizers, makeup, smoke machines, and base for de-icing fluids for air planes.
or used as a "anti boil" so to speak.

why is this bad? it doesn't burn well. methonal and alcohol have a low flash point in terms of what temperatures will cause it to burn. which is why i don't run straight meth. clear fire is not fun. the basis behind glycol is to transfer heat, or to remove water vapor. depends on the form, and it's intention.

im sure im way off. it's ok

p.s. this is off the top of my head
Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor

Rodney,
You can try to mock me all you want but the fact is being an alcohol injection dealer you should have a basic understanding of how alcohol injection system work, Chemical compatibility, used parts etc.
If you don't know the answer to something its usually best to not post than make something up
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...1&postcount=36
Nomax seals I have seen you post this on other forums. I just didn't correct you.

Originally Posted by AIS
You should know but the answer. But to help catch you up.
1. Because the chemicals commonly used are not good for the seals in the pump.
2. Not good for your engine either.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Rent me! per hour

it also does wierd **** to cylinder walls and bearings. not very engine friendly at all.

so green or red stuff going into combustion chamber, it doesn't combust cleanly, could sludge up the pump, nozzle and bad things will happen. don't use it. period.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor

Area47, i think he should higher you so you can train him
Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by devilsown
Area47, i think he should higher you so you can train him
lol!

he's got jokes people!

i don't know a lot about one thing, just a little about everything. well enough to get myself in trouble
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor

lol!

he's got jokes people!

i don't know a lot about one thing, just a little about everything. well enough to get myself in trouble
Must not be married, then you would know what its like to always be in trouble. Then again maybe its just me because i am always in trouble

Quick Reply: Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.