2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: What meth injection should I buy?
Cooling mist
18.97%
Devils Own
63.79%
Other (please list)
17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Cooling mist VS. Devils Own.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M-Dub, Aquamist uses nickel plated brass for all there parts.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread rocked. I learned a lot more from it than I think I would have by researching it myself. Thanks guys.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 PM

thats what i was saying..kyyankee were u asking me why i ask? because before i drop my 400 i wanted to make sure i didnt miss anything..and go with one kit when i should have gone with the other
Old 12-04-2007, 05:45 PM

no i was talking to ionninja
Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 PM

cool
Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM

well, people. I have been hanging around in the background for the past rew days and just wanted to say this was a VERY good thred. Thanks to both devils own, AIS, and area 47. seriously I have learned quite a bit from this. I wish we could get more developers and the people who make the parts we use in here ,and put them heads up. I know that both of you care about your systems with great passion. You can tell when you read that stuff. Thanks alot.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Devilsown, I have your kit and it worked flawlessly when I sprayed it before the blower in my intake. When I got my twinscrew I sprayed it after the blower because of the tight screw tolerances. I found that the check valve fails because after the blower suction is greater than the 16psi threashold. After a few times of it happening I figured out that's what it was. On top of that when I took apart the checkvalve to see if it was at fault the brass mechanical blockage was literally destroyed. I then contacted Snow Performance and bought one of their electric solenoids, and apparantly that failed after a couple pulls as well because it allowed the system to dump about 1.5 quarts of methanol on one dyno pull, and luckily my engine didn't blow! I have ordered the nickel plated checkvalve from coolingmist because it has a 22psi crack pressure hoping to alliviate this issue I have.

Now, onto my question... Do you plan on making a checkvalve or something to alliviate this issue or do you think it was just and unlucky checkvalve problem I had? It could very well be that I got a bad one too because as everyone knows on here if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all. Thanks.

Other than that, the kit works awesome and I have definitely recommended it to more than a few people on here as well as some locals.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kyyankee
no i was talking to ionninja
i was more referring to the two vendors and area...

it went from which kit do you prefer to a pissing match about who knows the most about meth injection.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 AM

yeah i was agreeing with that assesment
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Originally Posted by Area47
we don't need the vendors fighting. i have to deal with that **** every week about vendors claiming to be better than someone else.
It should be noted that this was a personal message sent directly to Devils Own. We did not openly message him about this. At the time they were not a member and we politely PM them requesting for them to become a member rather then attacking them. It was their doing to openly copy and paste our message we sent them making this seem like a vendor war for all those who are reading.

“Vendor Sponsorship
As a non supporting vendor we would appreciate you become a paying vendor before continuing to post comments and supporting your product on this forum. It's only fair.

We decided to PM first rather then posting it in the thread and making a bigger issue over this.~AIS

Originally Posted by stryder
um... question.....I am hearing that a water meth setup is corrosive to our superchargers and intake manifold, is this true?
No it's not corrosive. I have scene two Magnuson's pulled apart which ran pure methanol injection and they were both spotless inside. It leaves the inside of the supercharger housing perfectly clean. The methanol isn't corrosive as it doesn't have the chance to stay in contact on the surfaces in a liquid form very long. As soon as the methanol injection stops the inside of the supercharger becomes instantly dry again.

Last edited by AIS; 12-07-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
It should be noted that this was a personal message sent directly to Devils Own. We did not openly message him about this. At the time they were not a member and we politely PM them requesting for them to become a member rather then attacking them. It was their doing to openly copy and paste our message we sent them making this seem like a vendor war for all those who are reading.

“Vendor Sponsorship
As a non supporting vendor we would appreciate you become a paying vendor before continuing to post comments and supporting your product on this forum. It's only fair.

We decided to PM first rather then posting it in the thread and making a bigger issue over this.~AIS

No it's not corrosive. I have scene two Magnuson's pulled apart which ran pure methanol injection and they were both spotless inside. It leaves the inside of the supercharger housing perfectly clean. The methanol isn't corrosive as it doesn't have the chance to stay in contact on the surfaces in a liquid form very long. As soon as the methanol injection stops the inside of the supercharger becomes instantly dry again.

i told u luke..
Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yo WideBody, hit up RageNRG. He's selling his Devils Own water/meth kit I believe.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:01 PM
AIS

We would first like to begin by saying that this is in no way trying to “mock” another vendor or poke fun at them. We have never been unprofessional nor have we done anything as of such or would ever single out a competitor and patronize them on the internet for all to read.

Alcohol Injections Systems (referred to as AIS from here on out), joined this forum due to orders received by Cobalt owners prior to our membership on Cobaltss.net. Recognizing this demand and by the referral of another CobaltSS.Net member/customer who recommended the site to us we joined and became a “Supporting Vendor“. Since becoming a “Supporting Vendor” we have enjoyed working with the members and have only advertised and supported our product, never mentioning any other competing companies or personally patronized them as has another competing company had done to us.

Posted by competing vendor

“Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. “

We felt this remark was highly unprofessional, subjective and purely speculative, misleading members to believe that we are uneducated on the product we sell. If this isn’t crossing the line then what is and when do we have the right to formerly respond back. We feel it’s clearly understandable that this comment should have never been posted.

To further make matters worse, at the time of this statement this competing vendor was not a Supporting Vendor which we further felt they had no right to be posting in the first place let alone single out another competing vendor as they had. This remark came after we posted a general list of various windshield wiper fluids and their perspective approx methanol rations which they contain to better help the members of this forum.

Posted by AIS

This should help. I put this together to make it easier to know how much methanol is contained in the “various types of windshield wiper fluids. Depending on the brand the percentages may fluctuate by 1-3%.

Wind Shield Wiper Fluid Rating:

+32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 1% Methanol/99% Water
+20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 10% Methanol/90% Water
- 0 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 23% Methanol/77% Water
-10 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 20% Methanol/72% Water
-20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 33% Methanol/67% Water
-25 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 35% Methanol/65% Water
-32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 38% Methanol/62% Water
-50 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 62% Methanol/38% Water”

We were simply trying to show members there is a cohesion between the temperature rating advertised on the label and how much methanol is included. And to provide a simple reference which members could use when asking how much methanol is in various temperature ratings of windshield wiper fluid as some members were already asking. It should be noted I originally listed a variance of 1-2 percent which I have since changed to 1-3%.

What struck our attention further was the misconception that was being posted about windshield wiper fluid not having any “clear cut” methanol ratio and that the methanol content can vary from brand to brand 1-50%.

“Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. General the cheap store brands have more methanol. Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol which is a no no for methanol injection. But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water.
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50%”

This is untrue. Regardless of the brand, when comparing equal temperature ratings, the percentages of methanol do stay very consistent as long as both brands are using methanol and not another alcohol or chemical. Some brands also contain isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) while there are brands which are formulated with chemicals which are environmentally safe and do not contain any methanol. When shopping for a windshield wiper fluid to use, we have always advised customers of brands which do not contain methanol and to read the label to make sure it says it “Contains Methanol” and to buy washer fluids rated below -20 F or lower as these are great, affordable source of water methanol to use with your water methanol injection system.

Further more this vendor, clearly listed the values wrong for the given temperature rating of RainX -25 windshield washer fluid.

“This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25
Chemical************CAS No / Unique ID**********Percent
Methanol************00067-56-1**********<6
2-Butoxyethanol *****000111-76-2**********1-5
Water**************007732-18-5**********90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7**********<1”

Common sense can tell you that these figures are completely wrong. The windshield wiper fluid listed above could clearly never be rated for -25 F containing 90-95% water and only <6% (less then 6% methanol) as it would surely freeze under +20 F(water freezes at +32 degree’s F). The information listed above was for RainX +32 All Season With Bug Remover. This does not support his theory.

http://www.rainx.com/

http://www.pennzoil-quakerstate.com/...l7_msds_fs.htm

Next, this vendor went on to list the links to two additional brands and their MSDS sheets to further try to prove his point. Unfortunately this vendor is comparing percentages by weight - to percentages by volume. This again is common sense and clearly not the correct way to compare the two values.

“Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point.”

The correct information is ….

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth This is 35% by Weight
-25 with 41% meth This is 41% by Volume and is 38% by Weight

This is within the 3% variance I listed earlier. This does not support his theory.

We understand making one or two simple mistakes but with this many untrue statements about windshield washer fluid it seems very credible or plausible that this vendor is attempting to further confuse forum members and readers on the subject of windshield wiper fluids and how much methanol is contained since essentially that’s what we are all looking for when shopping for a washer fluid. We understand this vendor sells their own blend of pre mixed water and methanol. We feel this company should provide valid information.

1st Statement

Methanol can eat at some materials, TRUE This is why its important to use parts in the systems that are compatible TRUE. You would be surprised but there are methanol kit manufactures that use parts in the systems that are not compatible. It blows my mind.(Why do they have brass nozzles and “Brass Fittings” listed on their website) Alum can have issues it its under constant contact TRUE. People have it alum anodize commonly to protect it from chemicals. Then with Brass Compatibility's It should not be used unless its nickel coated. UNTRUE - First of all this company still uses brass nozzles in their system to be completely fair and upfront. We have been using methanol in carburetors for over 40 years and we still use brass jets, needle and seats, etc.I suggest members call The Carb Shop or other carburetor specialty shops and ask them to confirm this. Other companies like BDS (Blower Drive Service) and other companies which make mechanical and EFI alcohol injection systems also use brass fittings in their systems. Were not talking water methanol injection systems but yet a engine which runs on pure methanol injection Some places charge you extra to get parts that are compatible with the intended use. We do not do this. I highly recommend to stay away from bare brass. UNTRUE.

2nd Statement

Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell.DITTO There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. UNTRUE - Read post above as to why. We are currently looking into which Gov't agency regulates the production of windshield washer fluidGeneral the cheap store brands have more methanol. UNTRUE Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol UNTRUE - There are too many brands which contain over 40% which do not contain Glycol which does not support this statement.which is a no no for methanol injection UNTRUE Due to the very low amount of Ethylene Glycol, typically 1-3% when included, we have not found this to be detrimental to engines at such a small quanities. . But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water TRUE - Store bought brands are no different. The mixture still follows as normal..
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50% UNTRUE - The methanol content typically varies by only 1-3%. Read explanation above.

This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25 UNTRUE - This is for +32 F RainX)
Chemical************CAS No / Unique ID**********Percent
Methanol************00067-56-1**********<6
2-Butoxyethanol *****000111-76-2**********1-5
Water**************007732-18-5**********90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7**********<1

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

UNTURE - This vendor went on to list the links to two additional brands and their MSDS sheets to further try to prove his point. Unfortunately this vendor is comparing percentages by weight - to percentages by volume. This again is common sense and clearly not the correct way to compare the two values.

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point. UNTRUE

Brand__Temp____Methanol %____Ethylene Glycol__Isopropanol
Splash____+32______1% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____+22_____ 8% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____-20______ 31% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____-25______ 34% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
NuGenTec +20______0%_______________ 0%______ 5%_____
NuGenTec__-0______ 0%_______________ 0%______ 30%____
Splash Di-Icer*-30___41% by volume_____ 0%______ 0%_____
Peak______+32_____1% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%_____
Peak_____ +20______20% by weight______0%______ 0%
Peak_____ -0_______ 23% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Peak_____ -20______ 33% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Peak_____-25______ 35% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ +32_____ 1% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ +20_____ 10% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ -30______ 36% by weight______ 3%______ 0%
Austins___ -25%____ 35% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Austins De-Icer_N/A_ 30.9% by weight_____3%_____ 0%
Austins____+32_____ 2.8% by weight_____ 0%______ 0%
SuperTech -25______ 38% ______________0%______ 0%
Supertech -20______ 30% weight_________0%______ 0%
SuperTech +22______<8% by weight______0%______ 0%

http://www.superclean.com/pdf/Splash_Wash_4.pdf

http://www.nugentec.com/MSDS_Sheets/...luid%2020F.pdf

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/msds/256131.pdf

http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_bluewash.html

http://www.mrcleanwipers.com/wash.html

http://www.pennzoil-quakerstate.com/...l7_msds_fs.htm

http://msds.walmartstores.com/search_results.asp

Last edited by AIS; 12-07-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
my suggestion is to stop adding fuel to the fire.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
yo WideBody, hit up RageNRG. He's selling his Devils Own water/meth kit I believe.
Widebody already bought his kit from AIS.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
AIS

Originally Posted by Area47
my suggestion is to stop adding fuel to the fire.
We never started this. You should look at the events as they happened.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AIS
We never started this. You should look at the events as they happened.
this WAS a dead thread.

p.s. they use coated brass fittings for alcohol and meth carbs now.
times change. so does technology.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

i am going to go ahead and close this. the topic has been covered and everything seems to have been worked out.