2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Dan's Blown Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
You guys totally fail my test. I wanted to see if you guys knew I was joking, obviously you didn't. You guys need to pay attention better!

Dan, sorry to hear about your motor, but **** happens as I'm sure you know. No sense in being all sad about it, I wasn't when I blew mine up and that was 7 months ago today. Either way it sucks, but its a machine, and machines break. I'm sure Dan will have this thing back together and it will be the badest redline ever.

Once again before you guys start being all bitchy and "flaming" (which flaming only works on people who care, so I'm immune), I was joking. I've always given Dan a hard time about his stuff. Lighten up people
Im gonna call total BS on this post....... but anyway,

sorry to hear bout the motor man........but just think how much better it ill be once its finished.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Banned

You guys totally fail my test. I wanted to see if you guys knew I was joking, obviously you didn't. You guys need to pay attention better!

Dan, sorry to hear about your motor, but **** happens as I'm sure you know. No sense in being all sad about it, I wasn't when I blew mine up and that was 7 months ago today. Either way it sucks, but its a machine, and machines break. I'm sure Dan will have this thing back together and it will be the badest redline ever.

Once again before you guys start being all bitchy and "flaming" (which flaming only works on people who care, so I'm immune), I was joking. I've always given Dan a hard time about his stuff. Lighten up people
Your tone in the last post dictates otherwise. It always sucks when an LSJ goes down. It makes baby jesus cry.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Damn... That sucks... It was like BOOM! Right out the side of the motor.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Weather you guys believe me or not is not my concern. I made my point (about that I was joking) thats all I can do. If you want to hate my guts forever than so be it, I won't try to stop you.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kennyspec
How many LSJ's do you know that have made over 300whp on the stock blower without blowing up??....maybe 1

How many turbo LSJ's will be able to destroy any SC LSJ????.....all of them.

Honestly.....go suck on a M62

thats a bold statement.... you might wanna check your sources about some of your facts
Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
You do know your a dueche bag and nobody likes you right. I swear your like this kid behind me in my class right now talking about how fast his camry is and how he's gonna put a turbo on it and beat everything. Your an idiot, your car is slow and keep your derogatory comments to yourself. If anyone needs a half assed blower porting we'll pm you otherwise stfu and leave people that are trying new and better things to better the community, like me and dan, the hell alone.

arent you the retard that though his 241 whp on a mustang dyno plus some retarded tuner math ment you had like 340 hp or something retarded like that, and with a 2.7 pulley and 42 lbs. you sir are the idiot.

I agree it was a time thing and would happened either way. But since were giving pros and shout outs. If anyone ever needs a may to make there low numbers seem higher, or a terrible tune, or the advice on how to build an ecotec wrong, or my favorite, how to apparently have a complete beast, yet still run in the 14's at sea level, well be sure to call you!

As for your self professed and i quote. "people that are trying new and better things to better the community, like me and dan, the hell alone" why dont you take your own advice and stfu? no one needed to see you come in the thread and talk smack, your shotty at best reputation proceeds your jags, so just let it be.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by djt81185
LOL your joking right?

It blew up cause the rod bearing failed...that can happen reguardless of its mode of aspiration. It was most likely something we f'ed up when reassembling it.

Rods are forged from factory so there was no real reason to change em out...tho if I do it again ill do aftermarket forged rods just because most likely.

Once again turbo is not the reason for this failure...quit being a s/c fanboi. IIRC your motor is STILL in pieces.

Also my stock internals were fine on both blower AND turbo AND in mint shape when I removed them from the block...I rebuilt the motor cause my timing chain tensioner was never extended from the factory and I was in there anyway so just forge it.
I just saw that! Apparently Dan was the only one that got it!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by splitimage
arent you the retard that though his 241 whp on a mustang dyno plus some retarded tuner math ment you had like 340 hp or something retarded like that, and with a 2.7 pulley and 42 lbs. you sir are the idiot.

I agree it was a time thing and would happened either way. But since were giving pros and shout outs. If anyone ever needs a may to make there low numbers seem higher, or a terrible tune, or the advice on how to build an ecotec wrong, or my favorite, how to apparently have a complete beast, yet still run in the 14's at sea level, well be sure to call you!

As for your self professed and i quote. "people that are trying new and better things to better the community, like me and dan, the hell alone" why dont you take your own advice and stfu? no one needed to see you come in the thread and talk smack, your shotty at best reputation proceeds your jags, so just let it be.

While AJ was defending Dan about blown's comments (that made no indication that he was joking), you attacking AJ for no apparent reason has made you look like the retarded one here. Congrats!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 AM

Nice attempt at a save but I think you shot yourself in the foot for the last time here. You can't burn bridges and then try to build them back as you please.

Originally Posted by splitimage
your shotty at best reputation proceeds your jags, so just let it be.
I guess I need to work on posting in the "how big are you?" and "How many times have you cheated?" threads. Maybe then some cool kids on here will toss some rep my way!

Can the trolls in here please stop posting just because they have keyboards. Thanks

Back on topic...

Last edited by AlphaJaguar5; 10-17-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 AM

could have been a bad install or trash on the rod bearings after the re install of the pistons, or if you didnt put the right bearing back on the right journal it can fail. either way it sucks that it blew!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
time to buy the 1000hp ecotec build book lol
While it's a great book, it's changed so much now that they really need to update it with the newly found information.

Wow, those pictures show just how violent it really was...sorry to see that happen to you!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1fstss
could have been a bad install or trash on the rod bearings after the re install of the pistons, or if you didnt put the right bearing back on the right journal it can fail. either way it sucks that it blew!
It could be a whole slew of things. It really sucks putting that much money into it and seeing it blow up in front of your face. I know I've had that feeling a few times with my baby, I was just fortunate that it was nothing catastrophic. Its a risk you take when you try and be the first. The accolades are worth it when it works out but when it doesn't your all alone and no one can help you, which is kinda sad lol.

Originally Posted by RollermanDan
While it's a great book, it's changed so much now that they really need to update it with the newly found information.
you didn't hear it from me and I can niether confirm nor deny but expect one more than one and one less than 3 updates VERY soon to both build books.

Last edited by AlphaJaguar5; 10-17-2007 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 03:35 AM

too...much...drama...must click the red x on the top right...losing...brain cells.

**** happens. sucks ass, but it does. Sorry your motor blew; i'd be pretty pissed off about it, blocks aren't cheap--I hope you have better luck next time. I hope to see a Dan's New Build thread in the future.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by manticus
While AJ was defending Dan about blown's comments (that made no indication that he was joking), you attacking AJ for no apparent reason has made you look like the retarded one here. Congrats!
seeing how i know you in person ill let this slide because you clearly just assumed i was some noob and not of a knowledgable background.

alot of aj's comments were very uncalled for, all i did was meerly flip the coin back onto him. Im not out to start anything, but he argued his credentials, which are lacking.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Nice attempt at a save but I think you shot yourself in the foot for the last time here. You can't burn bridges and then try to build them back as you please.
If you honestly think I was serious then your an idiot. Maybe you didn't notice all the I put in the post. I can't ever remember doing anything negative to you, but I CAN remember posting about my blower porting, and your feeble attempt to flame me, however it seems like theres always one guy who hates me for no reason. I guess I burned all my bridges, and shot myself in the foot. So a HIGHLY respected member of the COBALT community such as yourself finally decided to step in and put me out of my missery. Am I pretty close to the current situation? I guess I should go home with my tail between my legs, after getting PWNED by the great AlphaJaguar.

However if you guys (the majority of the community) don't like me anymore and don't want me around, please vote in my thread. I wouldn't want to be a burden to the community, after all I'm not doing any "new and better things to better the community"... like getting custom rods made thus generating a part number for a new after market rod, or getting custom pistons making part numbers for new aftermarket pistons, or testing out a new clutch, but none of that stuff counts right?

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/should-i-stay-leave-80728/
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Enough retarded high school attention ***** drama.

Next decision Dan needs help with.....return to stock and trade in for something else or built it bigger? Don't let him chicken **** out guys.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:41 AM

who really makes a thread asking should i stay or go? ****** lame
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by OneFast20
who really makes a thread asking should i stay or go? ****** lame
yeah it is lame, but why the **** are people crying over a joke that was made
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Witt
Enough retarded high school attention ***** drama.

Next decision Dan needs help with.....return to stock and trade in for something else or built it bigger? Don't let him chicken **** out guys.
thats why im here. i had a 400+ hp gp gxp, tranny was going. again. so i decided to dump it.

if someone has a second car to get them buy. it is time to get big and stupid.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Area47
thats why im here. i had a 400+ hp gp gxp, tranny was going. again. so i decided to dump it.

if someone has a second car to get them buy. it is time to get big and stupid.
I'm fairly certain this car is capable of bigger numbers. Dan has doubts on engine management but I personally don't think its an issue.

This little fuckup was nothing more than incorrect torque spec on two rod cap bolts. The only Pittsburgh engine rebuild I wasn't around for and the only one with catastrophic failure. Coincidence?

He's gonna kill me for that.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by Witt
I'm fairly certain this car is capable of bigger numbers. Dan has doubts on engine management but I personally don't think its an issue.

This little fuckup was nothing more than incorrect torque spec on two rod cap bolts. The only Pittsburgh engine rebuild I wasn't around for and the only one with catastrophic failure. Coincidence?

He's gonna kill me for that.
lol
it is capable of large retarded numbers. the quest on the road for supreme lsj hp is always going to be paved with mishaps and destruction of something.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
tis true, I may have to climb the ladder a little bit this weekend, once we dyno I shall see where I stand
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 PM

Dyno'in this weekend already? Noice!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
yup..
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Rent me! per hour

i may go dyno this weekend as well. see if i can better my old number
may do race gas for po0ps n grins

Quick Reply: Dan's Blown Motor