2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC

After speaking to a few of my friends who run low 8s, they told me with drag radials the Chevy Cobalt ss/sc with all the GMP parts and drag radials = 12s. For all those haters out there of the cobalt ss/sc I'm out to prove and gain the cobalt ss/sc respect. Go out there and show them up! I have GMPP touring exhaust, stage II and injen intake.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 PM

K..................................
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Nice you improved your times each run. What were the vehicles you were up against in these runs?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 PM

You won't run that again. The DA must have been -1200 feet. It says on the time slip absolute baro was 17.xx Thats crazy! My car would trap 115 in conditions like that!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by KindredX
Nice you improved your times each run. What were the vehicles you were up against in these runs?
To be honest a few mustangs, I'm not sure. I was so worried about getting my tires to the right temp. I had no idea what I was racing. I know I got beat alot that night too. WRX sti running 12s, some other badass cars out there.

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
You won't run that again. The DA must have been -1200 feet. It says on the time slip absolute baro was 17.xx Thats crazy! My car would trap 115 in conditions like that!
I'll prove you wrong next time I go to the track and hit 12s on all GMPP. Want to make a bet with me? I'm so sick of posters who have no idea what our cars can do. Getting myself dual pass, drag radials, and manifold puts me into the 12s for sure. Anyone else want to hate because they only run those numbers with 60s and smaller pulley? Have some faith in our cars man. Don't under estimate me or my cobalt GMPP ss/sc

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-01-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Still, those are great times. Nice performance.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone doubts ****, your slip shows you know how to drive!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by damien
Everyone doubts ****, your slip shows you know how to drive!
Thanks alot man. Good to see some support. I get really pissed off when people act like that ^. If you can drive, you can hit 12s with this car under warnity and I'm going to do it. Again thanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Chill out man. Any car would run rediculous times in conditions like that. All I'm saying is if you brought your car out to AZ you'd be lucky to trap 105. I'd love to bring my car out there on race gas, I can't imagine what it would run! Hope you get 12s, but seriously chill out!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 PM

so u don't have DR's yet, right?

Chill out man. Any car would run rediculous times in conditions like that. All I'm saying is if you brought your car out to AZ you'd be lucky to trap 105. I'd love to bring my car out there on race gas, I can't imagine what it would run! Hope you get 12s, but seriously chill out!
blown i really like you man. but chill out on him. let him be happy. he had some good runs. i would be happy too if i had some consistent low times like that

also, these comments coming from someone who's 1/4 times posted in their sig come from a SCAN GAUGE don't hold very much clout

Last edited by sethallen; 03-01-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 PM

I'll chill, but then you need to chill. I'm very proud to run that, and I'll come out to AZ and prove I can run the same times if not better. I can change a few small things knowing the conditions and run the same times anywhere. You could just change the ammount of torq specs on some bolts and it can make a differane of a tenth or two. Go ahead and call BS, I drove with some of the fastest cars on the east coast. My uncle has a 9 second Honda Integra and he can run it on the street. You know what, tell me this buddy who knows it all. How can others with the same mods as me run slower and not even hit 13s that night? Its called driver....its called launching. I have a special checklist I go over before every run. You know you can gain about 15 horse power just with differant oils and lubercants? Trust me buddy, I will run 12s on all GMPP anywhere in the USA. You know the air has less moisture in AZ then here in PA. I know exactly what oil pressure and how to change a few small things to make my car run better in certain types of air. Its amazing how all the small things can add up to a few tenths. It could = win or lose.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Actually the 14.1@107 was run at friday night drags at the local track.
Ok, I'm done arguing, but if you want to talk about driver a 2.3 60' is hardly good. SwizzDSMSS ran 13.66 @ 102 with stage 1, 2.8" intake and exhaust. With a 2.1 60'...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by sethallen
so u don't have DR's yet, right?

blown i really like you man. but chill out on him. let him be happy. he had some good runs. i would be happy too if i had some consistent low times like that

also, these comments coming from someone who's 1/4 times posted in their sig come from a SCAN GAUGE don't hold very much clout
Thanks for your support too. You know exactly what I mean. No, I dont have drag radials yet. I need them to hit 12s. At the next cobalt meet on the east coast if its at a drag raceway I want to improve everyones times by at least 2 tenths with a few small minor adjustments. Its amazing how a few small things can = a few tenths. Another words = win or lose.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM

nice times!! i wanna try getting times like that, but must take alot of practice and times on the track, ill probably red light, this is gunna b my first time going to the track come april time
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Nice Times! Can't wait to take mine to the track this spring!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
nice times!! i wanna try getting times like that, but must take alot of practice and times on the track, ill probably red light, this is gunna b my first time going to the track come april time
Thats awesome! What are your mods?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Good luck with your axles and dr's, not trying to hate but on dr's your axles are going to be done, just like my friend with the ion at ceccil, he broke his doing a burn out on the radials.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Nice Times! Can't wait to take mine to the track this spring!
Thanks man, Your going to go nuts after your first run! Its a drug brother!

Originally Posted by Shortbus
Good luck with your axles and dr's, not trying to hate but on dr's your axles are going to be done, just like my friend with the ion at ceccil, he broke his doing a burn out on the radials.
Yea, I have a fix for my axles. I know a little secret how to warm up tires without even spinning them. Doing the burn out is alot more stressful then launching the car hard from the line. Thanks for the advice though. If they do break, back to the dealer for new ones =D

Your buddy with the icon has more power then I do. I only have stage II and he has a 2.6 pulley and 60s running 13.5s. He was doing something wrong.

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-01-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Thanks man, Your going to go nuts after your first run! Its a drug brother!

Yea, I have a fix for my axles. I know a little secret how to warm up tires without even spinning them. Doing the burn out is alot more stressful then launching the car hard from the line. Thanks for the advice though. If they do break, back to the dealer for new ones =D

Hha you think the dealer is going to cover that? You be better off with driveshaft shop axles.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Hha you think the dealer is going to cover that? You be better off with driveshaft shop axles.
Yea, my friend works there. Igrew up with him and hes my peronal tech. I already told him they have a chance to break so we talked about it. We came up with a cool idea how to warm them up without spinning. I don't think they will break and if they do he will cover them. Thanks for the concern.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 PM

rally you still have some catching up to do! i was 11.37 in the 1000 with stage 2, ingalls, and a not-so-flowmaster muffler!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Thats awesome! What are your mods?
fujita f5 cai, corsa sport cat-back, ingalls etd, dc sport strut bar, and thats it for engine mods, and i know imma red light, a 17 year old at a drag strip first time draggin yeah garunteed red light
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
rally you still have some catching up to do! i was 11.37 in the 1000 with stage 2, ingalls, and a not-so-flowmaster muffler!
HAHA your the man! You also know how to drive bro. Glad to see you stick your nose in hear. I was waiting for it. I think if we get together we could come up with a sick plan. You should see my checklist. You will run 12s with all GMPP too. HELL yea man!

ive run my dr's a number of times on stock axles. knock on wood, no problems yet

What are you going to tell the dealer happend? Going to the track voids your warrenty. I know, my friend got his warrenty voided by the dealer, becasue an employee of the dealer saw his car at the track.

Quick Reply: Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC