2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
HAHA your the man! You also know how to drive bro. Glad to see you stick your nose in hear. I was waiting for it. I think if we get together we could come up with a sick plan. You should see my checklist. You will run 12s with all GMPP too. HELL yea man!
12's under warranty is the goal! it can be done, **** the haters

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
fujita f5 cai, corsa sport cat-back, ingalls etd, dc sport strut bar, and thats it for engine mods, and i know imma red light, a 17 year old at a drag strip first time draggin yeah garunteed red light

Bro, you can hit a 14 flat with those mods. Your right, it takes alot of practice and getting over the adrenaline rush and nerves shaking. Don't worry. We have to go together! Want to go to Cecil tomarrow night?

rally let me know next time you go. i only have the injen for now but stages are coming. i wanna compare stock to stage 2.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
You won't run that again. The DA must have been -1200 feet. It says on the time slip absolute baro was 17.xx Thats crazy! My car would trap 115 in conditions like that!
come on man this is an ******* post. the guy trapped a freaking great trap. dont be mad just because he did so with his mods. you are a good guy, dont ruin it with stuff like this.

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
12's under warranty is the goal! it can be done, **** the haters
**** THE HATERS 12s under warnity bitches! That should be in both our sigs. Tell the honda guys we run 12s under warnity. Thats awesome. I hope you do it soon man, we have to prove the haters wrong. It can so be done! You wanna come out to cecil tommarrow night?

Originally Posted by blownssdel
rally let me know next time you go. i only have the injen for now but stages are coming. i wanna compare stock to stage 2.

I am going tomarrow night I think. Would be very fun man.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 PM

**** THE HATERS 12s under warnity bitches! That should be in both our sigs. Tell the honda guys we run 12s under warnity. Thats awesome. I hope you do it soon man, we have to prove the haters wrong. It can so be done! You wanna come out to cecil tommarrow night?
sure let me throw my car on a c-130 at the base and ill be there. btw, i just realized i havent run the dr's in above 50's conditions, so im looking forward to the upcoming 60s

I'm not sure if I'm going to bring the cobalt or the Typhoon. Typhoon should be hitting high 11s.

I tried to tell people almost a year ago that all the SS/SC really needed was wheel hop eliminators, traction and some decent driving to hit 13's consistently.

I ran my best ET with only a 3.0" pulley and K&N for power...the rest was control arm bushings, B&M shifter and lots of seat time.

Also made sure to grab video (not of the run, but right after getting my slip) because as I predicted I received about 5 pm's within 10 minutes of posting saying I was a liar.

Congrats on your runs man. Looking forward to seeing you reach your goals.

I am going tomarrow night I think. Would be very fun man.
just put the 12's coming soon like me
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 PM

sure let me throw my car on a c-130 at the base and ill be there. btw, i just realized i havent run the dr's in above 50's conditions, so im looking forward to the upcoming 60s
LOL, are you in the Air force too?!?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro, you can hit a 14 flat with those mods. Your right, it takes alot of practice and getting over the adrenaline rush and nerves shaking. Don't worry. We have to go together! Want to go to Cecil tomarrow night?
nah cant i got work, and then i cant drive after 9 due to gay junior new york license, but imm have work off on fridays soon and im going to englishtown nj, and nah ill probably run a 15 flat not a 14 lol, and oo i forgot to add my other mod, treadless stock pirrelis

Originally Posted by Tofu
I tried to tell people almost a year ago that all the SS/SC really needed was wheel hop eliminators, traction and some decent driving to hit 13's consistently.

I ran my best ET with only a 3.0" pulley and K&N for power...the rest was control arm bushings, B&M shifter and lots of seat time.

Also made sure to grab video (not of the run, but right after getting my slip) because as I predicted I received about 5 pm's within 10 minutes of posting saying I was a liar.

Congrats on your runs man. Looking forward to seeing you reach your goals.

Your right, 100% right!! Your always a great guy on the site too. Congrats on the badass slip.

alright i'll keep checkin back to see if your goin or i'll just pm you tomorrow. i have off all day so i should be able to go. never ran at the track but been drivin stick for a while
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM

nah cant i got work, and then i cant drive after 9 due to gay junior new york license, but imm have work off on fridays soon and im going to englishtown nj, and nah ill probably run a 15 flat not a 14 lol, and oo i forgot to add my other mod, treadless stock pirrelis

LOL, I ran my 13.6s on my bald stocks. English town is a nice track too. I had some good runs there. I was stock there. Good luck, give it time bro.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:49 PM

I would love to see 12's "under warranty" per sa, it would be cool, but like i said before his clutch was slipping in the ion, you launch the car on radials hard enough they will let go.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:50 PM

LOL, are you in the Air force too?!?
nope but my good friend black06ss is! im out ill be back later
Old 03-01-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, I ran my 13.6s on my bald stocks. English town is a nice track too. I had some good runs there. I was stock there. Good luck, give it time bro.
imma try and im not that bad tho considering i ahd the car 11 months now and i can drive it pretty solid, never burned the clutch knock on wood, and i dont do bad at all when i race, its just i gotta learn how to launch with out spinning tires so much, but it seems like if i push the gas down teh tires jsut go no matter how much i push em, until i hit about 35-40 mph then i can floor it but it still spin a lil
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM

alright i'll keep checkin back to see if your goin or i'll just pm you tomorrow. i have off all day so i should be able to go. never ran at the track but been drivin stick for a while
That is awesome. PM me tomar. I have off also. My friends WRX sti is comming and a 5.7 hemi Magnum also. Maybe two of those cars. A trubo civic is comming too. All the guys know tons about cars and its going to be a very good night to learn stuff. Were all good freinds too and have respect for what we like. Not like ohh the civic turbo sucks cuz its a honda and blah blah the muscle head magnum is slow. We don't act like that. All of us help each other. Most of the guys are techs or work at stealerships haha. I hope my dad brings his Dodge Cornett. 440 6pack badass man. Runs low 10s.

nope but my good friend black06ss is! im out ill be back later
black06ss is the man! for the air force! Anyone in our military = salute! Later man...

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-01-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 PM

The average joe that does have hook up at a dealer like you wouldnt have a warranty, have you eve read the fine print?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:55 PM

imma try and im not that bad tho considering i ahd the car 11 months now and i can drive it pretty solid, never burned the clutch knock on wood, and i dont do bad at all when i race, its just i gotta learn how to launch with out spinning tires so much, but it seems like if i push the gas down teh tires jsut go no matter how much i push em, until i hit about 35-40 mph then i can floor it but it still spin a lil
At the track, after a few runs when you feel very comfortable. Pull the E-Brake and do not go through the water. Burn those tires up and get them hot. Burn out = hotter tires = better launch. Stage quickly and launch your car hard. When the tires spin dont get off the gass to much. Your going to spin no matter what. crack second a little earlier then normal and full out from there. You will spin but its ok. Some of my best times I was spinning down the track. If you don't spin at all on street tires your most likly going to slow off the line and its going to hurt you just as much as spinning alot.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:56 PM

nice. what color honda is it? i know a few around here at least. i'm def down for a learning night. i'll need it.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shortbus
The average joe that does have hook up at a dealer like you wouldnt have a warranty, have you eve read the fine print?
Yea, I read the fine print. I'm not worried about it because there is no way they could know you broke them at the track. The average joe that does not have the hook up does not need to have the hook up. Its called be an ******* to them and you will get what you want. If its border line the customer is right. Thats the way it should work anyways.

nice. what color honda is it? i know a few around here at least. i'm def down for a learning night. i'll need it.
The honda is a hatch back, its orange. Custum paint job. I think hes only running like 10psi or 12psi. Should be in the mid low 13s. Other guy is a Integra, running 20psi he will be in the 11s. If my uncle goes with his Integra he will be in the 10s maybe 9s but thats only if he can use tony's trailor. The Magnums run low 13s.

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-01-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM

gotcha. i'm gonna see if i can get one of my friends from work to come. he drives a red civic hatch that should run 12's. we'll see.i'm gonna get goin but i'll definitely pm you tomorrow to see if your going and all that good stuff
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM

gotcha. i'm gonna see if i can get one of my friends from work to come. he drives a red civic hatch that should run 12's. we'll see.i'm gonna get goin but i'll definitely pm you tomorrow to see if your going and all that good stuff
All these fast damn Honda's! I wanna be in the 12s too but I wan to do it under warnity. Can't wait to get drag radials and install dual pass and GMPP manifold. I'm not sure if this meet will happen but if it does

Quick Reply: Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC