2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually man im going to have to disagree on your street tire launch approach. you do not want to get street tires excessively hot because they actually reach a point when they become too hot, and thus slippery. in street tires you only want to slightly heat them and get the dirt off. ive seen it work countless times between myself and black06ss. ive seen that guy hit a 2.14 60 foot with absolutely no traction mods and intense stage 4. no burnout, just a dry hop
Old 03-02-2007, 02:11 AM

The dry hop is what causes the axles to break though, I would think..

Damn Tofu, I didn't know you hit that low with such few mods hmmmm...Gives me even more hope.

Hey Rally, we gonna have to meet up at one of the tri state meets so I can get some ideas an what not from ya. You hittin up the PA meet May 12th?? I'll be at that for sure.

Oh yeah, Air Force here too..lol AMMO!!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
The dry hop is what causes the axles to break though, I would think..

Damn Tofu, I didn't know you hit that low with such few mods hmmmm...Gives me even more hope.

Hey Rally, we gonna have to meet up at one of the tri state meets so I can get some ideas an what not from ya. You hittin up the PA meet May 12th?? I'll be at that for sure.

Oh yeah, Air Force here too..lol AMMO!!
your not actually hopping it its just called a dry hop when you dont do a big burnout and just try to do a little spin
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
At the track, after a few runs when you feel very comfortable. Pull the E-Brake and do not go through the water. Burn those tires up and get them hot. Burn out = hotter tires = better launch. Stage quickly and launch your car hard. When the tires spin dont get off the gass to much. Your going to spin no matter what. crack second a little earlier then normal and full out from there. You will spin but its ok. Some of my best times I was spinning down the track. If you don't spin at all on street tires your most likly going to slow off the line and its going to hurt you just as much as spinning alot.
alright thanks man, i will have to try but hopfully i have another cobalt person there with me, so i can not get killed badly, say if im against a wrx sti or somting.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:14 AM

The fastest cobalt under warranty is slower than the slowest cobalt not under warranty. lol.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 AM

Nice fucken runs! Nice numbers!!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
To be honest a few mustangs, I'm not sure. I was so worried about getting my tires to the right temp. I had no idea what I was racing. I know I got beat alot that night too. WRX sti running 12s, some other badass cars out there.

I'll prove you wrong next time I go to the track and hit 12s on all GMPP. Want to make a bet with me? I'm so sick of posters who have no idea what our cars can do. Getting myself dual pass, drag radials, and manifold puts me into the 12s for sure. Anyone else want to hate because they only run those numbers with 60s and smaller pulley? Have some faith in our cars man. Don't under estimate me or my cobalt GMPP ss/sc
I am willing to bet you, with nothing BUT GMPP, that also includes ECM tune. and drag, you wont get under 12.75.

low, 13's at most.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 AM

From one side i will say nice runs those are some nice slips to have and good job.
From the other side i will say i don't know how you pulled off those traps and times with such shitty 60 foot's and no more then 250 whp but you did so congrats...... And give em hell
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darksun
From one side i will say nice runs those are some nice slips to have and good job.
From the other side i will say i don't know how you pulled off those traps and times with such shitty 60 foot's and no more then 250 whp but you did so congrats...... And give em hell
NOS? :P
Old 03-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
The fastest cobalt under warranty is slower than the slowest cobalt not under warranty. lol.
oh really, i beg to differ. please find the slips for the top 5 on the official 1/4 list and compare their 1000 times with mine. then go check out the 1/8 thread as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:26 PM

I would love to see you guys run a 12. That would be a large step forward for the Cobalt community, but people are going to doubt. All they have to do is look at the top 1/4 mile list and see that the 2 guys that ran 12s BOTH had extensive mods and A LOT of power, traping 109-110 mph. We just look at those numbers and mods, and find it hard to believe you guys can run 12s. Trust me, if you guys run 12s I will be the first to congratulate you! Just try to change the tence around, and all the BS flags with fall. ie...
"I will run 12s" to "I ran 12s"
Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 PM

My 13.6x's were on a stock pulley , injectors and radials .....basically a Rob tune , a filter , and a 2.5 catback and some mucho disiplined launches and perfect powershifts @ 7200 . If I had drag radials and stg 2 , theres not a doubt in my mind I could run a 12.9xxx . Good luck to ya on those 12 sec ET's Rally , I think youll get them . Just make sure you got a good clear vid of it , the hater patrol will be out in full force , lol Poly or solid mounts will go along way with the axles to add some life expectency . Not just some of the mounts , all of them ......Cabs , both trans mounts and motor mount . The stock axles actually take MUCH more than u may think once you 100% eliminate wheel hop and use a REAL slick ....Hard Radial tires and drag radial tires are ALOT harder on the axles a real slick , not the amount of power your making .

Blown - Dude ...I wish I could see your car run in some great air , with a good clutch and some slicks and axles . You got a 12 sec ride with the 91 octane tune
Old 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM

if its true gmpp that means no tune which can mean a lot considering gm's pig rich stage 2 tune.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
I would love to see you guys run a 12. That would be a large step forward for the Cobalt community, but people are going to doubt. All they have to do is look at the top 1/4 mile list and see that the 2 guys that ran 12s BOTH had extensive mods and A LOT of power, traping 109-110 mph. We just look at those numbers and mods, and find it hard to believe you guys can run 12s. Trust me, if you guys run 12s I will be the first to congratulate you! Just try to change the tence around, and all the BS flags with fall. ie...
"I will run 12s" to "I ran 12s"
Make sure that when this happens, you photocopy the timeslips and post them, videotape both the race and immediately afterwards you pulling up the the camera to display your engine mods, you have a certified GM mechanic to verify your mods, A certified computer engineer to verify that the timer is calibrated to within .000000000000000001 seconds, you have a priest and a polygraph examiner present to authenticate the truthfulness of both yourself, the mechanic, and the guy that prints the time slips, and three law enforcement officers to take statements from the crowd and verify that you were actually driving a cobalt.

Somehow I think someone will still call BS, but just maybe....
Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Make sure that when this happens, you photocopy the timeslips and post them, videotape both the race and immediately afterwards you pulling up the the camera to display your engine mods, you have a certified GM mechanic to verify your mods, A certified computer engineer to verify that the timer is calibrated to within .000000000000000001 seconds, you have a priest and a polygraph examiner present to authenticate the truthfulness of both yourself, the mechanic, and the guy that prints the time slips, and three law enforcement officers to take statements from the crowd and verify that you were actually driving a cobalt.

Somehow I think someone will still call BS, but just maybe....
Hey, all I need is a timeslip, a video would be nice too, but not required. I'm just sitting back and waiting. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 PM

what does DA mean? i heard the da was really high or something like that which could have lead to his inflated trap speeds
Old 03-02-2007, 10:41 PM

DA=Density Altitude
The lower, the better.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:53 PM

nice runs!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM

I see breaking into 12's very possible with all of the GMPP parts especially with many traction mods including bushing upgrades, mounts, ETD, tires , ect. Easy for me to believe..
Old 03-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Ok, running 12s with those mods is imporbable, but not impossible. Running 12s with ALL GMPP is impossible. The only GMPP parts available are stage 3 and the exhaust. All other mods would be non-GMPP, so the car wouldn't be ALL GMPP anymore. Just my $.02
Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
Ok, running 12s with those mods is imporbable, but not impossible. Running 12s with ALL GMPP is impossible. The only GMPP parts available are stage 3 and the exhaust. All other mods would be non-GMPP, so the car wouldn't be ALL GMPP anymore. Just my $.02
i was never one to say only GMPP, my whole thing is i want to be the first true GMPP Stage 2 powered car in the 12's
Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
i was never one to say only GMPP, my whole thing is i want to be the first true GMPP Stage 2 powered car in the 12's

Exactly man, I meant the same.

Originally Posted by BLKblurr06
I see breaking into 12's very possible with all of the GMPP parts especially with many traction mods including bushing upgrades, mounts, ETD, tires , ect. Easy for me to believe..
Thanks alot for the support. Its great to see others can agree, those who have real drag experiance.

Originally Posted by plyboy-illest
nice runs!
Thanks illest!

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
My 13.6x's were on a stock pulley , injectors and radials .....basically a Rob tune , a filter , and a 2.5 catback and some mucho disiplined launches and perfect powershifts @ 7200 . If I had drag radials and stg 2 , theres not a doubt in my mind I could run a 12.9xxx . Good luck to ya on those 12 sec ET's Rally , I think youll get them . Just make sure you got a good clear vid of it , the hater patrol will be out in full force , lol Poly or solid mounts will go along way with the axles to add some life expectency . Not just some of the mounts , all of them ......Cabs , both trans mounts and motor mount . The stock axles actually take MUCH more than u may think once you 100% eliminate wheel hop and use a REAL slick ....Hard Radial tires and drag radial tires are ALOT harder on the axles a real slick , not the amount of power your making .

Blown - Dude ...I wish I could see your car run in some great air , with a good clutch and some slicks and axles . You got a 12 sec ride with the 91 octane tune

^ perhaps one of the best post in this thread. Your 100% correct!

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
Wow, that statement is so far off I don't even know what to say. When I hit 12.8s under warnity I can also show you plenty of cobalts without warnity that are alot slower. Just look at all those 2.5-2.8 pulley guys, some of them are not hitting low 13s.

Originally Posted by TCarter
I am willing to bet you, with nothing BUT GMPP, that also includes ECM tune. and drag, you wont get under 12.75.

low, 13's at most.

Yea thats fine, I'm going to be very happy running low 13s high 12s with a 75k bumber to bumber. Just so you know, I'm not using NOS and I'll make sure I don't order anything from you since you want to be one of the haters. I have run NOS in other racecars but only with the lower end forged. You would be nuts to run NOS on stock internals. + when a engine blows because of NOS it is very simple to see why it blew. That would void my warnity pawl.

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-05-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM

So when are you going to the track and lay the wood for GMPP?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by A-Town
Nice fucken runs! Nice numbers!!
Thanks man, hope to improve those numbers very soon. You know alot of people left this forrum because of the haters, its asshame. Thanks for your support.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:49 PM

Man, I go away for a few days and check old post to see tons more haters. No wonder others in the 12s left the site. Ohh well...

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
So when are you going to the track and lay the wood for GMPP?
Soon as my GMP manifold and dual pass get installed. Been very busy with work latly. See what I can do with those and then get some drag radials. ^ I see you have a 06 sti! I drove one for the first time a few nights ago. I fell in love with that AWD. He has a turbo swap, front mount, intake, exhaust, and some nice tires. I drove and owned some quick cars running low 10s but nothing feels like that sti did off the line!

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-05-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC