2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was always too afraid I'd break something if I got DR's or slicks, I hope you achieve your goal.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I was always too afraid I'd break something if I got DR's or slicks, I hope you achieve your goal.
Thanks alot. BTW, I envy your AWD sti. Crazy off the line man!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM

rally did you see my post about tire prep
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Thanks alot. BTW, I envy your AWD sti. Crazy off the line man!
Thank you, let's just see if I can drive it right. LOL My first race will be against a Charger SRT-8. I'm thinking it wont' go so well for me. Anyhow have you picked out your tires yet?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 PM

nice run man!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:47 PM

all im gonna say is ive broken an axel on stock tires. runnin a 14.1 at 103 with a 2.3 60 foot. at 2700 DA...if you think you can get into the 12's without mount's or tbars i jus dont think its possible. its very easy to snap an axel off the line. i did at 4k. one of the rlf guys runs a 13.5 @ 105 with 2.0 to 2.2 60's.. on the stock dunlops.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 PM

at the track its all in the launch in these cars and if you cant launch then you get a shitty time which is why rally has an excellent time.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM

half of it is making some use out of 1st gear, if it was all pull in 1st our times would be hella lower.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 PM

thats true ^^ I have limited boost in 1st gear and it pulls...I can only imagine 100% boost hooking up in 1st gear
Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by yellowcobaltss05
thats true ^^ I have limited boost in 1st gear and it pulls...I can only imagine 100% boost hooking up in 1st gear
Got me a 14.1 @ 107
Old 03-11-2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by yellowcobaltss05

x9999999999

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Thank you, let's just see if I can drive it right. LOL My first race will be against a Charger SRT-8. I'm thinking it wont' go so well for me. Anyhow have you picked out your tires yet?
No did not get drag radials yet. Still researching 60" rims *sigh*

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 03-11-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 AM

I'm not trying to hate so don't take it that way. Believe me! I want you to be running 12's! I do! That would be amazing!

But, I just don't think it's going to happen with just GMPP parts. Your times you posted in the first thread are great! but it's VERY rare to see such a low baro-pressure.
Also, I'm sorry but I have very little faith in your "abilities/know how to" to change small things to gain 15+hp. I'm sorry. Also, You can't say that because of your ability to change things to make the car run great in any type of air that you'll be able to run 12's anywhere! I will bet you my car and my left nut that if you came to Bandimere in Colorado and raced with just GMPP parts and DR's you'd never get lower than a 13.3 on a great day! Over a mile high kills power, trust me! I have one of the fastest GMPP powered Cobalts at Bandimere last season and have yet to break into the 13's and I cut 2.1 60's all day and traped over 101.

Again, I want to see you do it but I think you've bit off a little more than you can chew.
I just don't think with GMPP stage 2/ stage 3, GMPP exhaust, GMPP manifold and DR's that you will get 12's. Even with an ungodly good driver. Maybe with all the mounts (poly/solid), an intake, a 2.8 pulley and an amazing tune you might get close but that def. won't be all the time.

I look forward to your thread "I ran a 12.xx @ 1xx with just GMPP!" but I just don't think it's going to happen. All the power to ya though!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Banned

This thread is hilarious.

OP, did you really say a burnout does more damage than launching???

2.3 60' makes you a good driver, it does not.

Just because YOU are warranteed doesn't mean you should really brag like that. There are a lot of cobalt owners with just stage 2 that can't get their clutch and axles replaced.

So to you and hatrickstu, good luck on your quest for 12s with warranty, you may do it, but I doubt you do it for very long.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 AM

im warrantied and im 2.5 pullied perks of the job
Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 AM

You drag raced your car if the dealer knew they would void your warenty plain and simple.

BTW I ran a quicker E.T. on the 1/8th than you with less mods so get off your high horse.
Also your weather is bogus so dont think you are special.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 AM

my gosh some of you guys are such toolbags.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:32 AM

Dear god you people **** me off. You are worse than Honda owners. How about you STOP ******* OUR OWN DRIVERS. We get enough BS about how our cars can't do things from non-owners. How about we try a novel concept and support the efforts of our fellow owners? Personally I hate drag racing but I like to see people do what they enjoy and have goals while doing it, even if those goals may be unattainable(not saying it is). People thought I was crazy enlisting into the Army at 27 and going 18X (Special Forces) considering the average age of men going through SF training is 21, but I proved them all wrong.

I say hit your 12s with GMPP and show all these ****** the slips. I'll give you that I know **** about the effect of Barometric pressure on a drag race but atleast this guy has posted not 1 but 3 timeslips to prove his points. Where are the slips from all the people saying it can't be done?

ok I'll get off my soapbox now. Seriously though, stop the infighting and support your fellow 'Balt owners.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
my gosh some of you guys are such toolbags.
What does that make you??? I didn't see anyone call you a childish name???

Originally Posted by Ryuu600
Dear god you people **** me off. You are worse than Honda owners. How about you STOP ******* OUR OWN DRIVERS. We get enough BS about how our cars can't do things from non-owners. How about we try a novel concept and support the efforts of our fellow owners? Personally I hate drag racing but I like to see people do what they enjoy and have goals while doing it, even if those goals may be unattainable(not saying it is). People thought I was crazy enlisting into the Army at 27 and going 18X (Special Forces) considering the average age of men going through SF training is 21, but I proved them all wrong.

I say hit your 12s with GMPP and show all these ****** the slips. I'll give you that I know **** about the effect of Barometric pressure on a drag race but atleast this guy has posted not 1 but 3 timeslips to prove his points. Where are the slips from all the people saying it can't be done?

ok I'll get off my soapbox now. Seriously though, stop the infighting and support your fellow 'Balt owners.
Kind of the same as above. Pretty hypocritical, you tell people not to dog other cobalt drivers, but you are doing the same thing.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by IamFamous
Kind of the same as above. Pretty hypocritical, you tell people not to dog other cobalt drivers, but you are doing the same thing.

I'm sorry. Where did I dog anyone? I asked for timeslips from other posters. I never said they weren't right or didn't run the times they said they did. I merely pointed out that he proved his times with slips and they had not. To be a hypocrit I would have to have said that one or more of the other posters was full of **** about their time and that they couldn't reproduce them even under the same conditions that the original poster enjoyed. I did not do that. I asked for them to do only what the original poster had done. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, I personally don't like drag racing but I support the efforts of all drivers here. If you wanna be able to run 10s ETs in a Cobalt then spend your money and make it happen. I don't see how voicing my opinion that doing so is retarded since this car is such a strong performer on the road course helps anyone or anything. Yes I have the RIGHT to voice that opinion but why spend time and web space diminishing another's dream, especially when his or her pursuit of that dream only furthers the reputation and aftermarket opinion of our cars.

If you can run 12s on the stuff that GMPP sells then the aftermarket will be forced to step up and produce products that will allow you to perform better for less. It is that ideal on which the aftermarket is, or should be, based. Out performing the factory for less. Any advancement, in any aspect, of our cars performance only servers to better our passion. I ask only that you not continuously attack a person for attempting something that you think, or even know, can't be done but instead support them and give them ideas on how they can do it.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

I'm sorry. Where did I dog anyone? I asked for timeslips from other posters. I never said they weren't right or didn't run the times they said they did. I merely pointed out that he proved his times with slips and they had not. To be a hypocrit I would have to have said that one or more of the other posters was full of **** about their time and that they couldn't reproduce them even under the same conditions that the original poster enjoyed. I did not do that. I asked for them to do only what the original poster had done. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I said, I personally don't like drag racing but I support the efforts of all drivers here. If you wanna be able to run 10s ETs in a Cobalt then spend your money and make it happen. I don't see how voicing my opinion that doing so is retarded since this car is such a strong performer on the road course helps anyone or anything. Yes I have the RIGHT to voice that opinion but why spend time and web space diminishing another's dream, especially when his or her pursuit of that dream only furthers the reputation and aftermarket opinion of our cars.

If you can run 12s on the stuff that GMPP sells then the aftermarket will be forced to step up and produce products that will allow you to perform better for less. It is that ideal on which the aftermarket is, or should be, based. Out performing the factory for less. Any advancement, in any aspect, of our cars performance only servers to better our passion. I ask only that you not continuously attack a person for attempting something that you think, or even know, can't be done but instead support them and give them ideas on how they can do it.
.....You are worse than Honda owners. How about you STOP ******* OUR OWN DRIVERS....
Those two sentences are very hypocritical.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:17 PM

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person, where the stated basis for the criticism is the breach of a rule which also applies to the critic and of which the critic is in breach to a similar or greater extent.

Nowhere in either post did I say that any of our owners weren't able to do that which they claimed possible. The act of disparaging the original poster from chasing his goal by saying that it was not possible was the one towards which I was making allusions. Therefore calling them worse than Honda owners, while condescending, was not hypocritical.

And I apologize for the condescending nature of my post, but as I said in the first sentence, I was a little pissed off at what I was reading. You are partially right however in that I let my expression of my anger take away from what I still feel stands as a valid point.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by IamFamous
Those two sentences are very hypocritical.
those two things are not hypocritical at all, what is your damn problem?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person, where the stated basis for the criticism is the breach of a rule which also applies to the critic and of which the critic is in breach to a similar or greater extent.

Nowhere in either post did I say that any of our owners weren't able to do that which they claimed possible. The act of disparaging the original poster from chasing his goal by saying that it was not possible was the one towards which I was making allusions. Therefore calling them worse than Honda owners, while condescending, was not hypocritical.

And I apologize for the condescending nature of my post, but as I said in the first sentence, I was a little pissed off at what I was reading. You are partially right however in that I let my expression of my anger take away from what I still feel stands as a valid point.
You tell them to not "DOG" other Cobalt owners. Yet you "DOGGED" them by saying, "they are worse than Honda owners" as well as other things. That is very hypocritical and only condescending to Honda owners.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Ok I'll stop arguing with you as it is obviously a waste of my time since you can't even understand the proper definition of the words which you are using against me when they are posted for you. Have nice day.

My point stands. Let's support one another when it comes to our goals with our cars.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

Ok I'll stop arguing with you as it is obviously a waste of my time since you can't even understand the proper definition of the words which you are using against me when they are posted for you. Have nice day.

My point stands. Let's support one another when it comes to our goals with our cars.
You can't even spell hypocritE right.

Hypocrite/ a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Have a nice day, hypocritE.

Quick Reply: Don't Under Est. The Cobalt SS/SC