2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blab10
....and a stock Ford GT40 dyno!
im calling bs here
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by n4ggs
im calling bs here
There was one there it did 551 and i didn't see the torque, it sounded damn nic but it was still a ford. The owner was picking leaves out on by one.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chevypowered
There was one there it did 551 and i didn't see the torque, it sounded damn nic but it was still a ford. The owner was picking leaves out on by one.
did you mean ford gt? because there were only 25 gt40 street cars ever made. it would be more beliveable if you said you saw a mclaren f1...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM

I don't understand all the doubting, alot of you have trouble making your car payments, keeping up your drinking and smoking habits to even see what mods would do to your car.

That being said, the stock exhaust is fairly restrictive because the car is pretty quiet and that's never a good sign on a performance car. The intakes are restrictive too because the non-performance minded would complain about the intake roar after a month or so, just like having an a free flowing exhaust that drones at freeways speeds. Free-flowing exhaust that don't drone are expensive to reproduce for a mass production car.

I think their gains are right inline with other 4 cylinder supercharged cars using an roots style supercharger.

The problem with the Cobalt it WEIGHS A TON...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dj4monie
I don't understand all the doubting, alot of you have trouble making your car payments, keeping up your drinking and smoking habits to even see what mods would do to your car.

That being said, the stock exhaust is fairly restrictive because the car is pretty quiet and that's never a good sign on a performance car. The intakes are restrictive too because the non-performance minded would complain about the intake roar after a month or so, just like having an a free flowing exhaust that drones at freeways speeds. Free-flowing exhaust that don't drone are expensive to reproduce for a mass production car.

I think their gains are right inline with other 4 cylinder supercharged cars using an roots style supercharger.

The problem with the Cobalt it WEIGHS A TON...
i'm sure all of us have stopped eating for weeks at a time to make a payment on these cars.

stock exhaust restrictive? it's really not that restrictive. it's a really bad assumption to think that because a sports car is quite, it's restrictive. you should check out your manifold before you blame it on the muffler.

what other 4 cylinders have you seen get 40+whp from a 0.5" smaller pulley and a muffler?

and by weighs a ton do you mean 2900 pounds, which is pretty damn light...?

anyways he said in the other forum those numbers were on two totally different dynos, so those gains are irrelevant
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by n4ggs
did you mean ford gt? because there were only 25 gt40 street cars ever made. it would be more beliveable if you said you saw a mclaren f1...
No it was a GT40, black, huge ass wheels. I'll see if i can find someone who took some pics of it but it was definitly a GT40. Look like it had two extra seats in the hood. They had a hard time getting at the plugs or anything with the engine. We were laughing about the toggle switches. It was definitly there DVS can confirm plus about 50 others.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
i'm sure all of us have stopped eating for weeks at a time to make a payment on these cars.

stock exhaust restrictive? it's really not that restrictive. it's a really bad assumption to think that because a sports car is quite, it's restrictive. you should check out your manifold before you blame it on the muffler.

what other 4 cylinders have you seen get 40+whp from a 0.5" smaller pulley and a muffler?

anyways he said in the other forum those numbers were on two totally different dynos, so those gains are irrelevant

His base pull was in forth so his numbers would be alittle lower than if it were in third. So i would guess that it was a 20-30 Hp gain not 40. He also had the airbox mod and the bypass mod., i had the bypass mod done though i only see 11 Psi in Alb.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM

dont be pissed because your **** is not as good as mine you know what i really dont care, i like my car its fast as hell and that is that. dyno numbers dont mean **** when you are in a race. that night after the dyno i beat an 01 cobra from every roll race we did. yes i lost to him from a dig but that is expected when you race a rwd against a fwd. i am happy as hell with the kill and my car.

that is all
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM

No it was a GT40, black, huge ass wheels. I'll see if i can find someone who took some pics of it but it was definitly a GT40. Look like it had two extra seats in the hood. They had a hard time getting at the plugs or anything with the engine. We were laughing about the toggle switches. It was definitly there DVS can confirm plus about 50 others.
i have a pic of it on my phone but its is not the greatest and i dont know how to get it posted from my phone. never mind rsw took a **** load of pics there is the link for them

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...pic=23485&st=0

here are pics of the cars that were there. gt40 pic included
Old 12-05-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dvscobaltSS
i have a pic of it on my phone but its is not the greatest and i dont know how to get it posted from my phone

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...pic=23485&st=0

here are pics of the cars that were there. gt40 pic included

Thanks DVS, Some people must think every one is here to lie
Old 12-05-2005, 05:52 PM

i know i was pissed for a while about all this **** but now i find it funny because everytime they call bs i need pics.... here you go here are your pics you need for proof. i am not on here to bs people i just like our cars, oh well next they are going to ask for a pic of your dyno sheet and then say it is a fake dyno sheet. i will laugh my ass off too
Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 PM

Here is the dyno sheet. Sorry, no scanner and the pic from camera came out blurry.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
What is the correction factor inscribed on the bottom right of the dyno sheet; SAE x.xx

???
Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

dont be pissed because your **** is not as good as mine you know what i really dont care, i like my car its fast as hell and that is that. dyno numbers dont mean **** when you are in a race. that night after the dyno i beat an 01 cobra from every roll race we did.

that is all

of course, your car is better than mine... that's why you have a TOG header, water/alky injection, prototype resonator with a full mandrel 2.5" and flowmaster exhaust installed, and a stage III spec going on this week.

that was great thanks for sprucing up my night
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jmc007
What is the correction factor inscribed on the bottom right of the dyno sheet; SAE x.xx

???

i read it out to be 1.22 or 1.27 which is pretty high, but i'm not sure how much is needed for the altitude
Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM

I think it was 1.22. We are a little more than 5300 ft above sea level.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM

of course, your car is better than mine... that's why you have a TOG header, water/alky injection, prototype resonator with a full mandrel 2.5" and flowmaster exhaust installed, and a stage III spec going on this week.

that was great thanks for sprucing up my night

The TOG header isn't out yet, or if it is i havn't gotten mine yet. Are they done?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Banned

The TOG header isn't out yet, or if it is i havn't gotten mine yet. Are they done?

i was the one that got the prototype to test it out, had it for about 3 months now
Old 12-06-2005, 12:26 AM

dvs - What muffler part number are you using in Dynomax? Is it an Ultra Flow muffler?

Chris