2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

E-Bay intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am still a believer in you get what you pay for especially when it comes to performance parts. i mean you've already spent atleast 20K on the car get the goos **** don't start ricing it out with cheap ****. spend the extra money and do the damn thing right
Old 01-27-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can go to the dyno right now and show you 2 pulls with 14 hp difference without changing a single thing.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous
I can go to the dyno right now and show you 2 pulls with 14 hp difference without changing a single thing.
thank you!!! this is what i was getting at.
And how is putting a CIA on a car "rice"? just cuz yours cost more means its not rice? i don't get that... but what ever if i can get the thing for about 100 bucks im happy. ya i will put on a good filter, extra 50 maybe. still cheaper than the $300 that others are paying.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pooch
thank you!!! this is what i was getting at.
And how is putting a CIA on a car "rice"? just cuz yours cost more means its not rice? i don't get that... but what ever if i can get the thing for about 100 bucks im happy. ya i will put on a good filter, extra 50 maybe. still cheaper than the $300 that others are paying.
For something that no one but me will see, I'll damn well get the cheapest if it performs the same or near the same, which isn't much in an intake. I'm a poor college student with a modding addiction damnit! lol
Old 01-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think 85 is about right for an intake... the other ones are crazy overpriced... but, keep in mind that other companies already did the work on it, and are expensive because when they came out no one had them... ****, injen sells some of their honda intakes for 100 or less... why?? because 200 companies make them... so maybe this company came along and took a design that was already perfected... who knows... untill someone tests the thing we won't know... i think it would be worth it if there was gains of maybe 5 - 7 hp... 14 on an intake is alot...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

well i haven't dynoed mine since i put the Fujita in but the seat of the pants dyno tells me there is quite an improvement there. if i'm on it i can spin the entire way through 2nd on dry pavement when i could only spin the tires for less then a second before on dry pavement. i would have to say it's more than 7 or 8 hp. Just my opinion
Old 01-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

the thing about an intake is it's really just a piece of metal... if the bends are good, the sizing is good, the fitment is good, and you have a good filter, there's really not much else to it...
Old 01-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
the thing about an intake is it's really just a piece of metal... if the bends are good, the sizing is good, the fitment is good, and you have a good filter, there's really not much else to it...
well the Fujita is the only 3" one on the market that i'm aware of which would git it an advantage right away!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
well the Fujita is the only 3" one on the market that i'm aware of which would git it an advantage right away!
The JBP one is 3" and I think CA has one as well.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

i don't know much about how the diamater of the cai affects the power, but i would assume more air = more power... does anyone know if it's like an exhaust, is there an optimal size for our car?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:39 AM

i don't know much about how the diamater of the cai affects the power, but i would assume more air = more power... does anyone know if it's like an exhaust, is there an optimal size for our car?
It doesn't matter as much, bigger intake size is better, but you only need as much as the engine can deal with properly.

A 3" on a 2.2 woth no mods will be the same as a 2.25". Put cams in it or a turbo, and the bigger one would theoretically be better. But the exhaust has to be able to process the spent gases otherwise the 3" is again too big and it will bottleneck. IMO.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 AM

i am still a believer in you get what you pay for especially when it comes to performance parts. i mean you've already spent atleast 20K on the car get the goos **** don't start ricing it out with cheap ****. spend the extra money and do the damn thing right

This is not rice, rice would be making there intake from PVC piping that you buy at Home Depot. I would buy this Ebay intake myself but I am autocrossing in a stock class so it will have to wait.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

well with the SS/SC the bigger piping would be better (intake and exhaust) especially when i plan on installing my stage 2 in the spring and a GMPP performance catback soon after. i haven't heard CA came out with an intake but i haven't been on their site in awhile either. Last i heard people were arguing over what size the JBP was. So when i posted that Fujita was the only one i knew for sure was 3".

Originally Posted by SoloZ/SS
This is not rice, rice would be making there intake from PVC piping that you buy at Home Depot. I would buy this Ebay intake myself but I am autocrossing in a stock class so it will have to wait.
all i can say is you gotta pay to play and QUALITY comes with a price.

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 01-27-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor

The intake we have sent out for testing is 3" is as well
Old 01-27-2007, 10:59 AM

all i can say is you gotta pay to play and QUALITY comes with a price.

oh so you have to spend lots and lots of money, if this intake is made the same as any other intake(except for the id of the pipe) how is it less quality then another intake? Aluminium piping is pretty much the same where ever you look I can only see the welds being different, like maybe your intake had a guy sitting on the line hand welding it with a tig welder while some machine is mass welding 400 ebay intakes a day.

Also if your wanting to pay alot why not buy HP tuner and a seperate pully set and dyno tune and get your exhaust custom made? sounds like you getting cheap on the exhuast and run of the mill stage 2 kit.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Banned

oh so you have to spend lots and lots of money, if this intake is made the same as any other intake(except for the id of the pipe) how is it less quality then another intake? Aluminium piping is pretty much the same where ever you look I can only see the welds being different, like maybe your intake had a guy sitting on the line hand welding it with a tig welder while some machine is mass welding 400 ebay intakes a day.

Also if your wanting to pay alot why not buy HP tuner and a seperate pully set and dyno tune and get your exhaust custom made? sounds like you getting cheap on the exhuast and run of the mill stage 2 kit.
keeping the warranty pecker head!!!! stealerships look for any reason to lube up your ******* and screw you and if i custom tune my car then my whole warranty is shot! i have the intake because they would have one hell of a time proving that the intake cause any kind of damage except hydro-locking the motor. how many people have screwed up their cars with HP Tuners? the welds would be the the main issue i agree. we'll have to see if they hold up or crack! i'm not saying don't buy the **** all i'm saying is that generally in life you get what you pay for. if you pay for a glass don't expect to get a diamond ya know what i mean? there is a reason besides the name that these are so cheap and only time will tell what that reason is. if these were just as good they would be selling them for 200-300 bucks as well. that's all.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 AM

keeping the warranty pecker head!!!! stealerships look for any reason to lube up your ******* and screw you and if i custom tune my car then my whole warranty is shot! i have the intake because they would have one hell of a time proving that the intake cause any kind of damage except hydro-locking the motor. how many people have screwed up their cars with HP Tuners? the welds would be the the main issue i agree. we'll have to see if they hold up or crack! i'm not saying don't buy the **** all i'm saying is that generally in life you get what you pay for. if you pay for a glass don't expect to get a diamond ya know what i mean? there is a reason besides the name that these are so cheap and only time will tell what that reason is. if these were just as good they would be selling them for 200-300 bucks as well. that's all.

Wow pecker head, thats new I have been called a douche bag here aswell good to see. And yea your right us mechanic's are allways looking for a way to screw people especially people like you. I also forgot to right in that I was being sarcastic about the welding part more then likly the fujita intakes are welded by machine aswell. heck they could be produced by the same company just a different name.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ok kids.. time to kiss and make up!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

wrong, only the warrenty on the drive train
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
ok kids.. time to kiss and make up!

how come? I didn't say anything, maybe if he only spent 100 bucks on an intake he would have his stage 2 allready and have the same results.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:29 PM

i personally think the people who spent their 3 hundo on their intakes are just jealous that their same intake minus the logo on it, is being sold for under 1 hundo.

remember guys patience is a virtue. sometimes it pays to wait...and this obviously shows that the people who waited are getting their moneys worth.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:41 PM

What an argument... if you just want your blower to be louder... and aren't worried about the hp difference between all the intakes... don't spend even $100 on a CAI.

Do the airbox mod! $25 for a cone filter.... pull off the bottom of the airbox... strap that bugger on there... and wow... instant intake... and all the sound you want.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 PM

6 pages and im still waiting on the pics... geez! :-P
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

wrong, only the warrenty on the drive train
that's the warranty i was referring to!

how come? I didn't say anything, maybe if he only spent 100 bucks on an intake he would have his stage 2 allready and have the same results.
i do have the stage 2 already just not installed until after winter!

Originally Posted by co-yellow-balt
i personally think the people who spent their 3 hundo on their intakes are just jealous that their same intake minus the logo on it, is being sold for under 1 hundo.

remember guys patience is a virtue. sometimes it pays to wait...and this obviously shows that the people who waited are getting their moneys worth.
wouldn't have bought the cheap **** even if it was available!

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
What an argument... if you just want your blower to be louder... and aren't worried about the hp difference between all the intakes... don't spend even $100 on a CAI.

Do the airbox mod! $25 for a cone filter.... pull off the bottom of the airbox... strap that bugger on there... and wow... instant intake... and all the sound you want.
i like the looks of the Fujita better! the airbox mod looks ricey
Old 01-27-2007, 07:05 PM

^^^your stupid it does not look ricey its your ******* stock intake *******... the airbox mod is better than any cai.. cause it flows just right for the cobalt and maintains the oringnal maf spot .. you my friend are and idiot

Quick Reply: E-Bay intake?