2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

E-Bay intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vtechkiller_06balt
^^^your stupid it does not look ricey its your ******* stock intake *******... the airbox mod is better than any cai.. cause it flows just right for the cobalt and maintains the oringnal maf spot .. you my friend are and idiot
ok so you take a ****** razor blade to your airbox and hack it up? that looks good to you? you think it looks professional? i don't i think it looks like a stupid snit nosed honda civic driver did it!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
ok so you take a ****** razor blade to your airbox and hack it up? that looks good to you? you think it looks professional? i don't i think it looks like a stupid snit nosed honda civic driver did it!
how can it look ricey if u cant even see the airbox? lol your the idiot. u can cut it to a flower for all i care and u still wont be able to see it..its in the wheel well. and like mentioned up above me, its your stock airbox, how can it be ricey???

before u talk, think before what you say.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

i'm talking about hacking **** up to be cheap about doing a mod! i am thinking before i talk! i would know it looks like a high school brat did it and it looks like **** under there and that enough for me! i wish your parents had thought to use a rubber when you were conceived!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 PM

if you cant see it then who cares how professional it looks. its doing the same thing as the other intakes. the only difference is the width of the pipe. And as for looking professional, look at your sig pic...now please, does that look professional?

******* tool.

and what right do you have to tell anyone what to do to their car? none thats why u bought your own!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it's a bit of pipe. it's either going to fit, or it's not.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:10 PM

well i haven't dynoed mine since i put the Fujita in but the seat of the pants dyno tells me there is quite an improvement there. if i'm on it i can spin the entire way through 2nd on dry pavement when i could only spin the tires for less then a second before on dry pavement. i would have to say it's more than 7 or 8 hp. Just my opinion
Right now I have K&N Drop in, first is useless, second I gotta pedal. Its not that hard to spin second, especially with the stock Pirelli's. I am running Kumho's right now, better tire/all season and I can chirp third. And the airbox mod doesn't require any cutting, I currently have it on my car.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Thumbs down Wtf?

Holy ****... how uneducated can you get?

READ THE THREAD & LOOK AT THE PICTURES!https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...x+modification

What part of that is hacking? What part of that is rice? You can't even see the ************... you can hear the difference.

Obviously you need a little more education before shooting your mouth off about cheapness, hacking, or rice. I guess you didn't even look at your stock airbox when you took the damn thing out... the bottom unscrews genious... and you don't even have to drill the hole in it... a small ratchet will fit up there to tighten the clamp.

I can't believe this... sure an actual CAI under there looks "modded" and "cool" but paying $300 for that... I don't think so. Mine's just as functional as yours is... and I paid 1/12 of what you did. Go suck on that.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow

the airbox mod is ricey now?

wow

your an idiot.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:15 PM

so to do this airbox mod all u do is unscrew the bottom and tighten it down with a small rachet?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:26 PM

the airbox mod is basically just opening up your stock restrictive airbox by a few methods.

easiest is to just take the bottom cover off and replace your filter with an aftermarket filter that has a hoseclamp to hold it on.

the other methods involve modifying your airbox to allow your filter access to open clean air.

Basically our cars already come with a cold air intake. but the airbox restricts it.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 PM

is it safe?!?!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 PM

It's just as good as any after-market CAI. Don't go diving into really deep puddles... and you'll be just fine. I did mine as soon as the 1000mi break-in period was over. The SS/SC's intake is a pretty damn good one as-is. Just slap a cone filter on the end... and go on. If you ever do run into problems... just take the cone out and screw the stocker back in... take it to the dealer. Hell, odds are they won't suspect anything anyways... you'd have to be under the car with the wheel well pulled off to even see the difference.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:40 PM

hmm well i know what i am doing tomorrow lol..another ? is that do i have to takke the whole intake off or just the bottom
Old 01-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by blacksssc05
hmm well i know what i am doing tomorrow lol..another ? is that do i have to takke the whole intake off or just the bottom
Dude... please... read the thread on Airbox Modification.

The instructions are as good as you can get. My only advice is to skip the whole "drill a hole in the side of the airbox to get a screwdriver in there" and use a small ratchet to tighten down the hose clamp on the filter.

I used the exact pep-boys Spectre filter... $25... I oiled it the night before and let it sit... no worries about over oiling or getting a CEL from it.

Now I may get a full intake if the price is right on these... but it'll just be for the "modded" look under the hood. I couldn't be happier with the ease or performance of the airbox mod.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:44 PM

last time i got my oil changed my dealership checked my air filter (they usually do)
and the service manager, calls me over to my car....he points at the AEM dryflow filter...
(im gettin worried)

And hes like....just wanted you to know we checked the filter. it looks pretty clean right now, and just letting you know were not gonna replace it with a paper one if it looks dirty.

then he shows me where he would take the bottom off my airbox, and cut about halfway up it and replace it with a mesh housing.

LOL.

he has never even heard of an airbox mod and he described it perfect and suggested I do it for the summer HAHA!!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:46 PM

sorry...
Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
last time i got my oil changed my dealership checked my air filter (they usually do)
and the service manager, calls me over to my car....he points at the AEM dryflow filter...
(im gettin worried)

And hes like....just wanted you to know we checked the filter. it looks pretty clean right now, and just letting you know were not gonna replace it with a paper one if it looks dirty.

then he shows me where he would take the bottom off my airbox, and cut about halfway up it and replace it with a mesh housing.

LOL.

he has never even heard of an airbox mod and he described it perfect and suggested I do it for the summer HAHA!!
so I'm uneducated and he is describing exactly what i was talking about. cutting the airbox and replacing it with mesh. now i never said replace what you cut out with mesh but i still said you gotta hack up your air box (which by the way unless you go to the junk yard an get a used one you will probably pay close to 250 or 300 bills for if you ever wanna put it back to stock). obviously I've stumbled into the kiddie portion of the forum and this airbox mod is almost as ridiculous as this...

this is a total waste of time arguing this with you tools. i would rather pay more for something i KNOW is high quality then pay 1/4 of the price for something of questionable quality. i mean it's like buying Walmart brand pistons for your car they might be good but most likely they are ****. when it comes to performance parts you DEFINITELY get what you pay for!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 AM

so I'm uneducated and he is describing exactly what i was talking about. cutting the airbox and replacing it with mesh. now i never said replace what you cut out with mesh but i still said you gotta hack up your air box (which by the way unless you go to the junk yard an get a used one you will probably pay close to 250 or 300 bills for if you ever wanna put it back to stock)...

this is a total waste of time arguing this with you tools. i would rather pay more for something i KNOW is high quality then pay 1/4 of the price for something of questionable quality. i mean it's like buying Walmart brand pistons for your car they might be good but most likely they are ****. when it comes to performance parts you DEFINITELY get what you pay for!

Wait a minute... have you read the thread on airbox modding yet? It dosen't say a word about cutting or hacking. You simply unscrew the bottom of the stock airbox... slap in a cone filter and clamp the sucker in. It's not putting a piece of dryer hose on your TB and calling it an intake. I'm done with this argument. If you want to remain ignorant... feel free.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
Wait a minute... have you read the thread on airbox modding yet? It dosen't say a word about cutting or hacking. You simply unscrew the bottom of the stock airbox... slap in a cone filter and clamp the sucker in. It's not putting a piece of dryer hose on your TB and calling it an intake. I'm done with this argument. If you want to remain ignorant... feel free.
so this **** doesn't look like hacking away the airbox huh? this is the airbox mod thread i saw! don't even try and tell me this doesn't look like ****!!!

and a link to the thread in case you doubt me!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pictures-videos-64/some-pics-mods-14132/

so stick that in your ass and rotate!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 AM

so this **** doesn't look like hacking away the airbox huh? this is the airbox mod thread i saw! don't even try and tell me this doesn't look like ****!!!

so stick that in your ass and rotate!
Okay... wow... I didn't see that thread at all. That is crap-o. Looks like we've been arguing over two different "airbox modifications."

Ouch. Definately wouldn't do it that way.

This is what I'm talking about

Last edited by RaineMan; 01-28-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 AM

the second one is the one im doing tomorrow

cant u just leave the airbox in the car and just take the bottom off and put the filter in that way.?!?!?

Last edited by blacksssc05; 01-28-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 AM

i'm talking about hacking **** up to be cheap about doing a mod! i am thinking before i talk! i would know it looks like a high school brat did it and it looks like **** under there and that enough for me! i wish your parents had thought to use a rubber when you were conceived!
man your full of **** if you knew anything about the damn car at all .. you wouldnt pay 300 dollars for something that yeilds the same gains as the airbox mod.... and plus you dont see the damn thing at all... whatever to each is his own.... vendors make there money from stupid people like you
Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtechkiller_06balt
man your full of **** if you knew anything about the damn car at all .. you wouldnt pay 300 dollars for something that yeilds the same gains as the airbox mod.... and plus you dont see the damn thing at all... whatever to each is his own.... vendors make there money from stupid people like you
did you see my post 3 or 4 up from here? would you do that to your car? if you ever wanted to go back to the stock airbox you would probably pay $300 easy for a new stock airbox. if he sais he would do it i will guarantee he is between 16 and 21 years old and this is his first car and has never opened the hood on a car before he got this car and thinks he knows everything

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
Okay... wow... I didn't see that thread at all. That is crap-o. Looks like we've been arguing over two different "airbox modifications."

Ouch. Definately wouldn't do it that way.

This is what I'm talking about
now you see why i was so against it! LOL looks like **** don't it! i mean i paid alot for my car and i'll be damned if i'm gonna do kiddie **** like that to it!

the one you posted doesn't look bad as a temporary thing but i still would prefer my Fujita i love the sound and the looks i get when i get on it and the torque curve is noticeably smoother. definately feels good! understand i wasn't trying to bash you it's just i couldn't understand how anyone would be for cutting the airbox up like that and say it was a clean mod ya know.

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 01-28-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by blacksssc05

cant u just leave the airbox in the car and just take the bottom off and put the filter in that way.?!?!?
Nope. The stock filter is just "pushed on". It needs to be clamped in otherwise it can fall out.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 AM

did you see my post 3 or 4 up from here? would you do that to your car? if you ever wanted to go back to the stock airbox you would probably pay $300 easy for a new stock airbox. if he sais he would do it i will guarantee he is between 16 and 21 years old and this is his first car and has never opened the hood on a car before he got this car and thinks he knows everything

now you see why i was so against it! LOL looks like **** don't it! i mean i paid alot for my car and i'll be damned if i'm gonna do kiddie **** like that to it!

the one you posted doesn't look bad as a temporary thing but i still would prefer my Fujita i love the sound and the looks i get when i get on it and the torque curve is noticeably smoother. definately feels good! understand i wasn't trying to bash you it's just i couldn't understand how anyone would be for cutting the airbox up like that and say it was a clean mod ya know.
YEAH I JUST SEEN IT ... BUT MY AIRBOX MOD DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT AT ALL AND YES I AM 21 BUT I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD WORK AND SHITY WORK.. SOMEONE DID NOT THINK BOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING ... MINE LOOKS EXCATLY LIKE THE SECOND POST ACTUALLY I HAVE THE SAME FILTER.. THIS IS NOT MY FIRST CAR I ACUTALLY OWN THREE VEHCILES AND I AM A GM TECHINIAN I WORK ON THESE CAR DAILY SO SHUT THE **** UP AND SPEND SOME MORE OF YOUR MONEY

Quick Reply: E-Bay intake?