2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

E-Bay intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vtechkiller_06balt
YEAH I JUST SEEN IT ... BUT MY AIRBOX MOD DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT AT ALL AND YES I AM 21 BUT I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD WORK AND SHITY WORK.. SOMEONE DID NOT THINK BOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING ... MINE LOOKS EXCATLY LIKE THE SECOND POST ACTUALLY I HAVE THE SAME FILTER.. THIS IS NOT MY FIRST CAR I ACUTALLY OWN THREE VEHCILES AND I AM A GM TECHINIAN I WORK ON THESE CAR DAILY SO SHUT THE **** UP AND SPEND SOME MORE OF YOUR MONEY
well i got the age thing right! GM Tech? you probably change oil and think you are gods gift to the automotive repair industry! if you look at the first group of pictures which is the only airbox mod i saw you will understand why i said it was ****! the 2nd picture which i never saw before now would be ok as a temporary thing but i would never kept it as a permanent thing.

P.S. spell check works really well you should try it some time! it's comforting to know that the guys GM has working on our cars don't even know how to spell technician which is in their job title or vehicle which is what you supposedly work on every day!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:53 AM

not worry about you ... dont care... spend all the money you want but for me i go the cheap way and it works just as good as your cai.... i just got done with a ss/sc buildup cause the damn kid was running the 2.8 on the 42s so i know this motor in a out so dont even come up in here and say **** like that cause i dont bag on your job.... just a question have you ever been to the track with your cobalt ... if so how well did that fujita work
Old 01-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned

my Fujita works great! i'm extremely happy with it thanks for asking!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
well i got the age thing right! GM Tech? you probably change oil and think you are gods gift to the automotive repair industry! if you look at the first group of pictures which is the only airbox mod i saw you will understand why i said it was ****! the 2nd picture which i never saw before now would be ok as a temporary thing but i would never kept it as a permanent thing.

P.S. spell check works really well you should try it some time! it's comforting to know that the guys GM has working on our cars don't even know how to spell technician which is in their job title or vehicle which is what you supposedly work on every day!
you my friend ... are an idiot ... sounds like you had someone install your intake instead of you doing it yourself .. that is what most people say when they dont do it themselves .. you take credit for it and know nothing of how it works
Old 01-28-2007, 02:17 AM

The CA is 3inch intake, i have it on my car, its a great intake, really loud, and you can feel the difference, and only about 175 i believe.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Banned

how am i an idiot? because i have something you can't afford? because i said it's retarded to cut up your airbox which will cost you over more than the Fujita to replace? because i said it's scary for a so called automotive technician not to be able to spell his own job title or the word vehicle which he probably has to spell dozens of times a day? please tell me what part makes me an idiot?

Originally Posted by Shortbus
The CA is 3inch intake, i have it on my car, its a great intake, really loud, and you can feel the difference, and only about 175 i believe.
awesome! glad to hear it! CA makes good ****! atleast you don't have a huge filter sticking out of your bumper like some of these retards probably think would be a great idea and make their car go mach 2

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 01-28-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 AM

your not very bright ... do i need to explain to you ... i had a k&n cai and it did nothing more for me than my airbox mod does now .. the guys who built this car have allready said that there is very little to minial to be gotten from puttin and intake on and just doing the airbox mod. gm designed the stock air box to flow just great with little restriction but you take the restrication out and do the airbox mod ... wow you just got yourself an cai for 40 dollars
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltstg2
your not very bright ... do i need to explain to you ... i had a k&n cai and it did nothing more for me than my airbox mod does now .. the guys who built this car have allready said that there is very little to minial to be gotten from puttin and intake on and just doing the airbox mod. gm designed the stock air box to flow just great with little restriction but you take the restrication out and do the airbox mod ... wow you just got yourself an cai for 40 dollars
as previously stated about 500000000000 times i never saw that version and i would only keep that as temporary!! it's a mod that a honda civic owner would do! i mean atleast the ebay intake gives the appearance of effort if nothing else. I bet you're a young buck too!

P.S. to those of you asking what some of the notable differences are between the Fujita and the ebay intake are here's a few i just thought of. how about the quality of the hoses that come with the intake or the quality of the clamps that hold everything together? it may seem like a little detail now but just wait until you get an air leak cause the clamp isn't holding tight enough ofrthe rubber hose connecting the intake to the throttle body dry rots and you have to replace it. i mean when you go down in price you definately have to sacrifice something and only time will tell what exactly it is.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:46 AM

well just how old are you then ...
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Banned

27 and what no comment from the peanut gallery on that post?
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 AM

I would love to see a dyno of the airbox mod vs different types of intakes on the market, the CA showed 10hp / 7 ftlbs torque at the wheels
Old 01-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Banned

yes i agree that would put all of this to rest! the dyno sheet on the Fujita shows 14 hp.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 AM

yeah those fujita intakes look really nice . but some of us need to same some money. with the airbox mod we get the performance but just dont get the chrome modified look under the hood ... me personally when i get some money i am going to get the injen intake.. my friend adam(vtechkiller) wasnt flaming you he just knows his ****, he went to school for it . so just stop the flaming now . i finally broke

there have been people on here who have dynoed b4 and after airbox mod and they have seen gains up to 10 too .. just do a search
Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Banned

listen i've been getting flamed by every unknown jackass on this site and then your buddy comes on here and assumes i know nothing about motors or cars for that matter. this isn't the first car i've modded not by a long shot. i have an 88 camaro with a supercharged 383 tpi putting out over 650 hp (never got an accurate reading since it started smoking the tires on the dyno) at the wheels and the torque is just sick (over 700 ft/lbs once again not accurate because of the above mentioned problem)! i guess i need to get some slicks to run on the dyno. i have helped build several other mouse motors putting out well over 500 hp and several truck motors which are torque monsters as well. i've also put an LS7 454 with EFI puttin down close to 1000 HP in a 77 1/2 Z-28. if your buddy went to school for this **** he should know that QUALITY comes with a price. as you said you plan on buying another CAI when you get the money and that's great! so you basically agreed with me that the airbox mod is an OK temporary fix but not the ideal permanent solution.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:10 AM

i could live with it ... but i want the look of chrome. adam knows the lsj motor really well hell he has got two of them in his garage and that doesnt include the one in his car.. he plans on doing a turbo swap from tag .. he knows what your saying .. just doesnt agree with what you said
Old 01-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Banned

if that's the case respectfully disagree with me don't come in here calling me a moron or a noob or whatever the **** else i was called in here. i mean there's a way to disagree and be respectful about it.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 AM

agreed .. humm but you were pretty judgemental about the rice thing .. nothing about the lsj is ricey .. you should know that
Old 01-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltstg2
agreed .. humm but you were pretty judgemental about the rice thing .. nothing about the lsj is ricey .. you should know that
it escalated to that. but hacking up the intake like the one i showed is rice especially on a $25000 car. if this was a $1000 civic then i'd be like lets cut the ****** air box lol
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 AM

agreed also on the hacking ... but most of ours isnt like that
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Banned

yes but the hacked up one was the only one i saw prior to an hour 1/2 ago
Old 01-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Just threw a code today with the ebay intake. DOn't know what it is yet, but i'll see soon. Write up in a few days i'm in the process of moving into a new apartment.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Banned

good luck bro hope it's something simple to fix like a filter
Old 01-28-2007, 08:48 PM

Wow this thread got gay, Redline Brian you should make a new thread. This one was molested.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Stilgar
Wow this thread got gay, Redline Brian you should make a new thread. This one was molested.
LOL i also think that there should be a new thread with PICs.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:55 PM

When it comes to things going under the hood, I would stay away from buying anything on ebay. Get a GMPP part or another well known quality brand and know you are getting the best.

Quick Reply: E-Bay intake?