2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

E-Bay intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pooch
LOL i also think that there should be a new thread with PICs.
You bought one too, put it up!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltcoupe
When it comes to things going under the hood, I would stay away from buying anything on ebay. Get a GMPP part or another well known quality brand and know you are getting the best.
prepare to get flamed on this thread i've been arguing that point for the last 3 days. i have 3rd degree burns from these people in here.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
prepare to get flamed on this thread i've been arguing that point for the last 3 days. i have 3rd degree burns from these people in here.
Were talking about a hollow pipe, not to technical especially if your blower controls the flow. get a good airfilter and smooth pipe and go. all of the intakes throw codes. even the stock intake throws codes when you get GMS2. I get PO103 all the time. with a 2.79 pulley it can be done at will. it is just showing good air flow which is a positive thing to see. you want good flow.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

knock on wood i have had no CEL's with my Fujita
Old 01-28-2007, 09:28 PM

I have no CEL with my K&N, and I do agree with you get what you pay for,
Old 01-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

knock on wood i have had no CEL's with my Fujita
Originally Posted by SKDR112888
I have no CEL with my K&N, and I do agree with you get what you pay for,
Or it does not flow as much air...LOL. It flows exactly as stock and therefore no CEL's.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

nice! thanks man! it's 3 against 500 we're gaining ground now!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Well this thread is a little warm, huh!!! But yeah, I am sorry I buy for quality... PERIOD I will pay 50-100 bucks more for a Fujita, K&N, Injen, etc, over an EBAY brand of anything! Sorry, quality does come with a price, I don't want something some mexican made for $1.00 a month... So I am done, I love my K&N no CEL's to date have 2500 miles on it since installation!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Or it does not flow much air...LOL
do you have any idea what you just said? because it masked no sense!

we're up to 4 against 500 now!

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 01-28-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 PM

I get the feeling some people on here just don't know what the F**K they are talking about! How anyone could mistake the words "EBAY BRAND" for "QUALITY!" Enough said... he said he's already gotten a CEL from it... I know I haven't from mine!!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned

do you have any idea what you just said? because it masked no sense!

we're up to 4 against 500 now!
Well yeah actually I do.... and I edited it cause I saw it at the last minute. shoot me..... by the way I foolin with you guys. go ahead and buy all stock, GMPP, K&N or whatever. there is just some things that do not make sense.

#1 thing that does not make sense? K&N Drop in filter - does not fit right. yep get what you pay for.

#2 Stock intake and GMPP Stage2 - get 103 cel. no other mods.

so where did I go wrong. Oh and dont look at my other mods cause what I listed here in #2 is all that was done to get CEL's.

later. glad some of you are done.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

i agree whole heartedly!! i never thought the day would come that we would be getting flamed for buying name brand quality parts for our cars! it's definately a sad sad day in the world of the modified LSJ!

Well yeah actually I do.... and I edited it cause I saw it at the last minute. shoot me..... by the way I foolin with you guys. go ahead and buy all stock, GMPP, K&N or whatever. there is just some things that do not make sense.

#1 thing that does not make sense? K&N Drop in filter - does not fit right. yep get what you pay for.

#2 Stock intake and GMPP Stage2 - get 103 cel. no other mods.

so where did I go wrong. Oh and dont look at my other mods cause what I listed here in #2 is all that was done to get CEL's.

later. glad some of you are done.
well actually pecker head the latest reflash took care of the spastic CELand i would guarantee the flow rate is better on a fujita or a K & N than the stock intake. i heard there are problems with the stage 2 reflash

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 01-28-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Well this thread is a little warm, huh!!! But yeah, I am sorry I buy for quality... PERIOD I will pay 50-100 bucks more for a Fujita, K&N, Injen, etc, over an EBAY brand of anything! Sorry, quality does come with a price, I don't want something some mexican made for $1.00 a month... So I am done, I love my K&N no CEL's to date have 2500 miles on it since installation!

Are all those companies American? if so they could allready have Mexicans making the intakes as you type. who knows and as far as anyone knows the price right now doesn't make a difference it's all aluminum piping and maybe the filter is different.

And Boosted SS you come off as an ******* with your "I spent lots of money so I know it's better" attitude, from what you have said your Fu intake has made lots of noise but you haven't actually dynoed the car to see what you have gained from stock you just go by what a company looking to make money has put on there site.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

i agree whole heartedly!! i never thought the day would come that we would be getting flamed for buying name brand quality parts for our cars! it's definately a sad sad day in the world of the modified LSJ!

well actually pecker head the latest reflash took care of the spastic CELand i would guarantee the flow rate is better on a fujita or a K & N than the stock intake. i heard there are problems with the stage 2 reflash
I will ignore your pecker head comment. your obviously getting frustrated by this coversation and cant defend yourself very well.

If a GM reflash cures the problem of a PO103 (which you have not stated) then that is perhaps what everyone else needs.

K&N quality is still not up to par just because of a name brand as seen by the drop in filter. I am not knocking what you believe but you should not go knocking other people for buying what you think are inferior parts. after all if no one bought K&N when they started out then you would not have a name brand mogul to follow. you dont have to name brand to produce a good product.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

I will ignore your pecker head comment. your obviously getting frustrated by this coversation and cant defend yourself very well.

If a GM reflash cures the problem of a PO103 (which you have not stated) then that is perhaps what everyone else needs.

K&N quality is still not up to par just because of a name brand as seen by the drop in filter. I am not knocking what you believe but you should not go knocking other people for buying what you think are inferior parts. after all if no one bought K&N when they started out then you would not have a name brand mogul to follow. you dont have to name brand to produce a good product.
well actually it's pretty well known that the latest reflash will fix the problem with CEL's related to the intakes on non stage 2 SS/SC's. as long as you don't have stage 2 there is a really good chance the reflash will fix this.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did warn you that the filter is the weakspot on Intakes, and that your likely to "get what you pay for" with that.

Pipe is pipe, but filters are definately not all just filters.

Ill make you a deal. you go buy an AEM dryflow, put it on the end of that thing....
if you get a cel with it after that (assuming you have the newest flash)
Ill buy the intake from you at full price.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

well actually it's pretty well known that the latest reflash will fix the problem with CEL's related to the intakes on non stage 2 SS/SC's. as long as you don't have stage 2 there is a really good chance the reflash will fix this.
Unless your reflashing with GMS2 flash to a non GMS2 cars with HPTUners this would be impossible. the GMS1 and 2 reflash is controled by GM. your VIN is recorded and no matter which GM Dealer you go to you will be able to get the correct reflash.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
I did warn you that the filter is the weakspot on Intakes, and that your likely to "get what you pay for" with that.

Ill make you a deal. you go buy an AEM dryflow, put it on the end of that thing....
wait a minute i'm not the only one claiming the newest reflash should fix the CEL's? according to the douche bag above i am making **** up.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Wow! This thread has got out of hand and way off topic. How about some hard facts and pics from the purchaser who installed the Ebay intake. I want to know what his impressions are, and only that. This isn't an intake comparison thread gents. Rant done.

More pics and Info on the ebay intake please!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 PM

thank you. i don't think anyone on here said that they would use the filter that came with the ebay CAI. they along with me said that we would buy a good AEM dryflow or brand name filter. but its the pipe that everyone is interested in. it is built the same as the Injen. I know of products, AC delco products that are sold at half the price of AC delco stuff only because they have a different sticker on the box. even the box is the same. the part numbers on them are the same, the instuctions are the same. even the number punched into the box is the same.
im not saying that this is the case with the ebay intake. but maybe just maybe the guy bought a injen and took it and copyed it. bam now he dosent have to pay any into R and D and he has a good intake. then buys some cheap filter and puts it in the box. done.

O and i havent bought on yet. im gona hold out till my tax return. so pics would be nice
Old 01-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Banned

Unless your reflashing with GMS2 flash to a non GMS2 cars with HPTUners this would be impossible. the GMS1 and 2 reflash is controled by GM. your VIN is recorded and no matter which GM Dealer you go to you will be able to get the correct reflash.
ok let me spell it out for you if i could write it in crayon i would.

if you have stage 2 and you are getting the CEL you are stuck with it unless you have HP tuners or know someone who does.

if you do not have stage 2 take your car to the dealership and tell them you want the latest reflash for your car and it will correct the CEL code if it's from the MAF.

i know it is controlled by GM that's why you take it to the dealer!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok let me spell it out for you if i could write it in crayon i would.

if you have stage 2 and you are getting the CEL you are stuck with it unless you have HP tuners or know someone who does.

if you do not have stage 2 take your car to the dealership and tell them you want the latest reflash for your car and it will correct the CEL code if it's from the MAF.

i know it is controlled by GM that's why you take it to the dealer!
when you get stage 2 you will get the p0103 code fix along with your stage 2 anyways.
its not an exclusive code or anything...
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

when you get stage 2 you will get the p0103 code fix along with your stage 2 anyways.
its not an exclusive code or anything...
ok i heard there were still some issues wuth stage 2 but maybe they have been recently corrected. either way the reflash should correct the problems
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 PM

+1 for namebrand quality.

I look at the extra money i spent when buying name brand parts and view it as an expense for the self-comfort I get knowing that what I'm buying will work. Point is, I don't look back and rarely regret my purchases.

+1 for self-comfort

[/flamesuit]
Old 01-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

thanks i feel the same way! you will almost guarantee you will never regret getting a high quality part (you most likely will pay more for it ofcourse) but i would be willing to bet that more often than not you will regret buying the cheapest part you can find.

Quick Reply: E-Bay intake?