2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds liek a dropped valve.

did you mis-shift or overrev it?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ikeryder13
i did and they still didnt cover it

plus as soon as it happened i just had it towed to the dealership

it was weird the exhaust had a real loud noise coming out of it and the engine wouldnt idle... they when i checked the compression in the #3 and 4 cyllinders there was little to no compression in those 2.... the 1 and 2 cyllinders were the only ones at good compression.... not only that but the mechanic at the dealership couldnt get the spark plug out the 1st cylinder
sounds shitty.. but why so calm...
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol this story is so weird.

id love to know the whole truth
Old 05-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
lol this story is so weird.

id love to know the whole truth
Me too, something doesn't add up. Everything he just talked about makes me think of really high cylinder pressure , and he says it calmly like he's not mad at GMs product for breaking because there was something else.

WHAT WAS THAT SOMETHING lol
Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
There's a lot I could say right now... but all i am going to say is this:

1.) If you are paying to have a new engine put in... you are dumb.
2.) If you changed the spark plugs on a new STOCK car... You are dumb.
3.) If you don't fight this, and you let the dealership win... We are all doomed... Oh, and you are dumb.

It's people like you, just giving in to a dealership and letting them tell you what is what... that screw it all up for the rest of us. Because the next time one of us goes in... they are gonna try and pull the same thing, say it is somebody else's fault... and they aren't gonna cover it under warranty.

Too many variables here. If you had no compression in 2 pistons (As in, you melted 2 pistons), I'm pretty sure you weren't running stock boost.

I'll give you $250 shipped for your old Engine.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM

From the Bosch website.....

Q. What about vehicle manufacturer warranties?

A. Consumers are sometimes told by an automobile dealer’s service writer or mechanic that a brand of replacement spark plug cannot be used in the consumer’s vehicle during the warranty period. The claim is made that use of the brand will “void the warranty”, with the statement or implication that only the original equipment brand of spark plugs may be used. This, of course, tends to cast doubt on the quality of the replacement spark plug. That claim is not true. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and general principles of the Federal Trade Commission Act, a manufacturer may not require the use of any brand of spark plug (or any other article) unless the manufacturer provides the item free of charge under the terms of the warranty.

So, if the consumer is told that only the original equipment spark plug will not void the warranty, they should request that the OE spark plug be provided free of charge. If they are charged for the spark plug, the manufacturer or dealer is in violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
http://jobs.boschusa.com/AutoParts/FAQs/SparkPlugs/
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
There's a lot I could say right now... but all i am going to say is this:

1.) If you are paying to have a new engine put in... you are dumb.
2.) If you changed the spark plugs on a new STOCK car... You are dumb.
3.) If you don't fight this, and you let the dealership win... We are all doomed... Oh, and you are dumb.

It's people like you, just giving in to a dealership and letting them tell you what is what... that screw it all up for the rest of us. Because the next time one of us goes in... they are gonna try and pull the same thing, say it is somebody else's fault... and they aren't gonna cover it under warranty.

Too many variables here. If you had no compression in 2 pistons (As in, you melted 2 pistons), I'm pretty sure you weren't running stock boost.

I'll give you $250 shipped for your old Engine.

100% agreed. +1 rep
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 AM

I say this is a total bs story. Nothing makes sense.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, doesn't add up at all. I will agree with Mikey851, bad things can definitely happen if you get the altogether WRONG plugs, but again, why would there be any reason to change out spark plugs??????

2nd red flag - stock cars CAN have motor problems. I know one guy locally who warped his head, 100% stock. But we're not talking MINOR engine damage here. First off, I've never seen anybody stock do more than a warped head or blown one piston or a head gasket. This is TWO blown pistons, which I don't even think we've seen on NON-stock cars....almost everyone blows #4 and calls it a day. Not only that, but since they're not just sleeving and replacing pistons - something catastrophic happened, like the actual block cracked which is something MAJOR happening. I know people that have blown a piston and kept driving the car. It won't run well, but it can run.

Will keep checking back, would love to hear the whole story.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that 200 dry shot will do that...