2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Everyone with HAHN exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone with HAHN exhaust

Planning on buying a Hahn catback and runing it with a zzp header and downpipe. Hooking it up with a 2.5" downpipe exit. (I might change to a different header a D/P, 3" at a latter time) I am doing this to get a nice deep exhaust and get ride of rapsyness and the tinny sounds. So, what do you think about Hahn exhaust? my set-up?, sound? etc.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Hahn is the best setup on the market today. It is tuned to get rid of the raspyness and it does give the deep growl. The other thing is that the Hahn isnt loud at idle which annoys myself alot but under load emits a great sound. If you havent bought the ZZP header and dp combo yet please DONT!!!!! Prefereably buy the Hahn front to back and spend the extra $$ it will save you in the end trust me. You will have nothing but problems with the ZZP dp combo and you will have to wait like a month with no car.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:52 AM

eh, my Hahn 3inch has the stereotypical "bbbbeeeerrrrnnnnnn" of a four cylinder when you floor it. But it does produce great horsepower and is awesome quality so I would get it.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:59 AM

i have the full,,, 3" setup from hahn.... 3" catless DP comin off their S20G turbo, and 3" cat-back exhaust... i thought it would be too loud, and too cackly,,, but its a very very aggressive rumble, and roars amazingly under boost.... the best...
Old 04-25-2009, 05:19 AM

Its really funny. Hahn is probably the BEST company to deal with, purchase from and there tech support is TOP NOTCH. There pricing is definitely higher than alot of other companies but as the good old saying goes "you get what you pay for". I seriously searched for 6 months before I purchase my stage V turbo conversion and full exhaust from Hahn and I can gladly say that in the months prior to buying I never found "1" bad thing anybody had to say about them. Unlike companies like ZZP whereas you see tons of complaints about there product breaking and warranty concerns and so on. I am very happy I made the decision I did and its worth every dime I spent. No point in half assing moding your balt regardless of the money or so on. If you cant afford it today dont buy a cheap alternative and wait til you have the money saved tommorow is what I think.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
I gotta say I have never heard anyone dissapointed with hahn either. that alone would lead me to buy a product from them
Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 PM

Can you get their header with 1 3/4" primaries?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM

Yeh, that is everything I was expecting to hear for a response. The only thing is, is that I ALREADY have a ZZP header and D/P combo . When I bought it, I found a good deal and it was never used kinda thing. I am kinda kicking my ass for it and would like to go with the Hahn header and down pipe, expect I was never able to seal the header on to the head so I ended up getting GM to do it and was rapped. My ass still hurts from that. So do you guys think I should just wait and extra month so I have to coin to do it all and DO IT ALL, header to muffle all in Hahn?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Angel
Its really funny. Hahn is probably the BEST company to deal with, purchase from and there tech support is TOP NOTCH. There pricing is definitely higher than alot of other companies but as the good old saying goes "you get what you pay for". I seriously searched for 6 months before I purchase my stage V turbo conversion and full exhaust from Hahn and I can gladly say that in the months prior to buying I never found "1" bad thing anybody had to say about them. Unlike companies like ZZP whereas you see tons of complaints about there product breaking and warranty concerns and so on. I am very happy I made the decision I did and its worth every dime I spent. No point in half assing moding your balt regardless of the money or so on. If you cant afford it today dont buy a cheap alternative and wait til you have the money saved tommorow is what I think.

We carry Hahn products a bit cheaper than going direct, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM us. Most all parts are on www.TurboTechRacing.com and if not, PM us we will add them for you.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by krazycobalt
Yeh, that is everything I was expecting to hear for a response. The only thing is, is that I ALREADY have a ZZP header and D/P combo . When I bought it, I found a good deal and it was never used kinda thing. I am kinda kicking my ass for it and would like to go with the Hahn header and down pipe, expect I was never able to seal the header on to the head so I ended up getting GM to do it and was rapped. My ass still hurts from that. So do you guys think I should just wait and extra month so I have to coin to do it all and DO IT ALL, header to muffle all in Hahn?
SELL THE ZZP DP COMBO!!!! 100% or keep it for an ornament(This way it shouldnt break--no promises.lol) Anyhow, forsure go with the Hahn front to back. You will NOT have any issues with that and you will be soo happy with that decision. I would wait the extra month for the $$ and in the mean time see if you could sell the ZZP stuff to help yourself out. Also, yes Turbotech racing does sell the Hahn product and they are a great company to deal with. Just as good as going direct and probably a bit faster right now. I know from talking with Bill and Aaron, they are completely swamped right now so Turbotech would be the way to go. Trust everything I say here, its for your own good.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 AM

Yeh I do believe what your saying, I should probably see if I can sell my ZZP product and go from there. Also could sell my Magnaflow muffler. Does anyone have a sound clip of what a complete system sounds like? I guess for anyone who has had them installed, have you have leaks? fitment problems? etc?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 AM

Yeh I do believe what your saying, I should probably see if I can sell my ZZP product and go from there. Also could sell my Magnaflow muffler. Does anyone have a sound clip of what a complete system sounds like? I guess for anyone who has had them installed, have you have leaks? fitment problems? etc?
Fitment is 100%, as far as leaks go I believe the only way you would encounter that is if you dont tighten the bolts enough. Very very nice setup.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:43 AM

Fitment is 100%, as far as leaks go I believe the only way you would encounter that is if you dont tighten the bolts enough. Very very nice setup.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:44 AM

Old 04-26-2009, 04:22 AM

I love my hahn cat back, i have a hahn header for sale if youre interested pm me.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:22 AM

all i gotta say about any of this, is that a full 3" setup all the way from the manifold or turbo sounds great.... the only 3" exhaust i heard that souds too loud and raspy is exactly the one i cant think of right now lol, but its too much... i dont know if any of you have seen my sample videos on my myspace page, but if ya wanna see it and hear me just playin with it, PM me for my link, and last name to add me.. ok? and by the way, like i said before, go all out hahn racecraft if you can, yes, they are pricy, but i have everything they have plus more that they installed, and i would not trust anyone else to even touch my car but them.... for work purposes lol... i have been up there myself many many times, and their shop area is all ECOtecs....... it is almost all they know, which is top of the line for us balt people. they,,, do not fail...
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 AM

The real nice thing about the full Hahn exhaust is that for a 3" front to back setup it is tuned soooooo well. No raspyness at all and just a nice deep growl sound that is soo quiet until you have a load on the car and even then its not overly that loud, just sweet sounding. I dont think any other manufacturer can even come close to this setup in any area.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:04 AM

nah, you're right,, they cant, and they wont lol. see, i love cruisin in lower gears at high speeds sometimes, (to be prepared for a quick pull if needed) or just high gearin it to hear the growl, either way, under 20 psi with a 3" catless down pipe and 3" hahn exhaust,,, oh dear,,, oh....my...damn!!!! boost kicks in, i go back in the seat, and it's just amazing! i will have to get some side by side videos taken doin some interstate pulls, and some traffic driving, but for now, what i have on my myspace page is all i have, you can also get a good sample of hahns BOV system too, i reccomend that all ya watch what i have on my myspace, just let me know, i'll give ya the link, and the last name to add..
Old 04-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Bannned

Planning on buying a Hahn catback and runing it with a zzp header and downpipe. Hooking it up with a 2.5" downpipe exit. (I might change to a different header a D/P, 3" at a latter time) I am doing this to get a nice deep exhaust and get ride of rapsyness and the tinny sounds. So, what do you think about Hahn exhaust? my set-up?, sound? etc.
i have a full zzp to hahn for sale...
just want your stock ****
Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 PM

The Hahn full exhaust setup is like completely different than anything else. Going with a header with 1 5/8" primaries instead of 1 3/4", with a 2.75" downpipe (normally 2.5 or 3") then a 3" exhaust. I don't understand the physics behind all of this but its like going from small tubing to high tubing. I am right or the velocity of the header to downpipe is really high then going low to the 3" catback? The air wouldnt be compressed with lots of turbulence around the header / downpipe with a highly modded cobalt?

I was considering this setup but I'm Canadian so its pricey for me and I was looking also for a full CTI exhaust setup that OTTP sells. This cost almost two times less for me, how well does a setup like that fair against a full Hahn exhaust setup?? Paying almost two times much, really, its worth it?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by firepinch
The Hahn full exhaust setup is like completely different than anything else. Going with a header with 1 5/8" primaries instead of 1 3/4", with a 2.75" downpipe (normally 2.5 or 3") then a 3" exhaust. I don't understand the physics behind all of this but its like going from small tubing to high tubing. I am right or the velocity of the header to downpipe is really high then going low to the 3" catback? The air wouldnt be compressed with lots of turbulence around the header / downpipe with a highly modded cobalt?

I was considering this setup but I'm Canadian so its pricey for me and I was looking also for a full CTI exhaust setup that OTTP sells. This cost almost two times less for me, how well does a setup like that fair against a full Hahn exhaust setup?? Paying almost two times much, really, its worth it?
ITS MORE THAN WORTH IT!! I have the Hahn stage V turbo with there full exhaust right now, I have my ottp stg2 tranny mounts on order but this car is sick. I dont know the reason why Bill and the crew at Hahn build like they do but they know everything about ECOtechs top to bottom and they build the best----Dynos prove it right??
Old 04-26-2009, 07:16 PM

oh, its not only the dynos that prove it, its everything they do. i think that so far, i'm the one tha tcan prove to all that hahn is the best of the best...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
all i gotta say about any of this, is that a full 3" setup all the way from the manifold or turbo sounds great.... the only 3" exhaust i heard that souds too loud and raspy is exactly the one i cant think of right now lol, but its too much... i dont know if any of you have seen my sample videos on my myspace page, but if ya wanna see it and hear me just playin with it, PM me for my link, and last name to add me.. ok? and by the way, like i said before, go all out hahn racecraft if you can, yes, they are pricy, but i have everything they have plus more that they installed, and i would not trust anyone else to even touch my car but them.... for work purposes lol... i have been up there myself many many times, and their shop area is all ECOtecs....... it is almost all they know, which is top of the line for us balt people. they,,, do not fail...
Hey man I don't have myspace but I would love to here you car. I am really considering buying a complete Hahn set up, front to back (probably next month cause I just ordered a Mac last night) The only thing I am worried about is getting the header to sit flush, but I will work with it.... Do you have an pictures? sounds clips you could facebook to me or put on here or msn? let me know please. Also what does the inside of the header look like. I know when I bought my zzp header I had to do a lot of work on it to make it half ass clean inside. Let me know thanks man.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 AM

i have a hahn 3" DP and hahn 3" cat-back and to be honest with you, under load the cat-back is fairly raspy, but it sounds better than other systems.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
oh, its not only the dynos that prove it, its everything they do. i think that so far, i'm the one tha tcan prove to all that hahn is the best of the best...
Will I see an increase in torque, low end hp? high end hp? I'm not doing it for the hp, but mostly for the sound.... I am currently running zzp header and dp with stock catback and a muffler, just so you know what to compare too.

Quick Reply: Everyone with HAHN exhaust