2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

A few things..

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few things..

alright guys. i had my first defeat last night, granted i haven't raced anyone too big. it was a honda civic hatch turbo. the little thing was pullin so hard in third gear. first go was from about 50, wasn't necessarily ready and left it in third. needless to say i lost that one by about 3-4 cars. second run was about 45-50 and i dropped it to second. he started to go so i punched it and passed by about a car, but then he just ran back up on me and won by about a car and a half after third gear. neither car had a passenger. so thats my defeat. ALTHOUGH, i did notice i had my heater on full blast. i dont know how much effect this has on a car's performance.

my question: how much does the heater/air conditioner affect your your engine and power output?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:52 AM

i know when I had my civic the a/c was a major factor haha... but in the cobalt I really haven't noticed a dramatic decrease in power with it on... I do believe any car with the a/c on will have a decrease in performance
Old 12-21-2006, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by blownssdel
alright guys. i had my first defeat last night, granted i haven't raced anyone too big. it was a honda civic hatch turbo. the little thing was pullin so hard in third gear. first go was from about 50, wasn't necessarily ready and left it in third. needless to say i lost that one by about 3-4 cars. second run was about 45-50 and i dropped it to second. he started to go so i punched it and passed by about a car, but then he just ran back up on me and won by about a car and a half after third gear. neither car had a passenger. so thats my defeat. ALTHOUGH, i did notice i had my heater on full blast. i dont know how much effect this has on a car's performance.

my question: how much does the heater/air conditioner affect your your engine and power output?
Well, having the heater on will not compinsate for a car and 1/2 for sure. If your lucky, maybe he would of beat you by just a car. Should go from a dig and see what happens. Good luck man, don't worry, there is some sick turbo light weight hondas out there.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 AM

Good luck man, don't worry, there is some sick turbo light weight hondas out there.
haha i know, my friend has a low 12's hatch. but yea i'm all stock so there is plenty to gain out there. hopefully santa comes through with a stg 2 and intake at least. then i can make some other purchases.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:01 AM

a/c robs your power quite a bit. heater, not so much. helps vent engine heat tho if ur running hot