2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Fujita intake pics!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujita intake pics!

Just a few intake pics for you people, will get better pics once Fujita sends me a new replacement intake

Old 10-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

lol $350 for a peice of flxing pipe, some pipe and a $15 filter...and a cel

oh yeah a hat and a duffle bag

<edit> guys spend the money on something with some substance like a blower porting or headwork or something and do the airbox mod 2.0...... like cuting the entire box/snorkel off so you only have the tube and a filter. it'll save mass money and give you just as much power increase, plus the money you save can be spent on something of more importance like a pulley and a case or 20 of beer lol
Old 10-19-2005, 08:20 PM

why you gettin a replacement one, whats happen, and i like it by the one, is it worth the money!, more pics!!!!!!! of allllllllll views
Old 10-19-2005, 09:12 PM

It seems that the fender liner rubs the intake tube so Fujita saw the fitment issue and are sending a new intake. The CEL appears for any intake not just this one, people only complain about $350 when they can't afford it, anyway this thread is for people who want to see this intake installed not for people to yap about "waste of money blah blah". If you can afford it go for it, if not don't bother posting and move on to the next thread and crap on that one. Not everyone wants to go to the extreme of porting and kissing your warranty goodbye in the process.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
lol $350 for a peice of flxing pipe, some pipe and a $15 filter...and a cel

oh yeah a hat and a duffle bag

<edit> guys spend the money on something with some substance like a blower porting or headwork or something and do the airbox mod 2.0...... like cuting the entire box/snorkel off so you only have the tube and a filter. it'll save mass money and give you just as much power increase, plus the money you save can be spent on something of more importance like a pulley and a case or 20 of beer lol
ladies and gettleman, An official Fujita hater.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks pretty good
Old 10-19-2005, 09:25 PM

Do you know what kind of flex tube that is? does it have a steel mesh in the rubber or something of that sort to keep its shape.

Looks good man...hopefully the new one addresses the fitment issues not to mention you get your CEL cleared up .

Permafried-
Domestics Pwn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it looks pretty good
If it makes the gains advertised then its even better....
So whats up with the fitment issue ? Is the lower pipe with the filter on it just too long ?
Is the angle not correct ?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Banned

A) Name says rice, looks like dung.
B) How will they know you ported your blower?

I don't hate Fujita, oh yeah I guess I do but I dislike all other crap also.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM

The tube from the TB isn't metal lined, it's made by hose techniques and it is one heavy duty silicone hose, thick as hell! The CEL light came on Monday and stayed for 2 days and went off today. I can't really believe that an intake will lean a motor to the point of hurting it. Sorry for the vague pics but those are the ones I sent Fujita to show that everything is installed properly and the the tube sticks out slightly. The issue is that since the tubes are mandrel bent 3" pipes it is near impossible to get it to bend 45 degrees in such a small space as AEM posted before.I thought they were going to tell me that it was a "adjustment" problem and blow me off but to my surprise they are sending a complete new intake minus silicone elbow, pretty impressive CS. As far as power gain, my ass can't tell the diff between 10 hp and 15 hp but on Sunday I had a third gear roll against 2006 Arrivalblue (Ang) and I pulled 1-2 cars on him from 4000 to redline so guess it's doing something.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ninja44
people only complain about $350 when they can't afford it

yeah lol.... i could never aford pos $350 intake with my new $175,000 home loan, $45,000 in student loans and a cobalt that i've had for 3 months and is almost totally paid off.... i'm a broke joke

the reason i can afford stuff like that is because i'm not a f'n retard with my money. hell my new busines should be up and running within 60 days and i didn't need an sbl to get it going. if you're going to get an intake spend the money on a modern performance intake or k&n (not sure how much the injen will cost) that's $100 you can save for basically the same performance.

so anytime you want to compare finances and make uneducated statements, come over to cincinnati so i can smash you with my wallet

besides... $350 for a peice of pipe, flex tube and a filter? come on guys wise up lol.... $250 and you can get the same thing if not better quality... hell it doesn't even fit correctly... how many people had fitment issues with the modern perf. intakes?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
ladies and gettleman, An official Fujita hater.

yep they're a rip off.. their dynos are a scam and their products are overpriced.

tell them the offer is on the table for me to run a dyno on their product, post real numbers and send the product back to them and see what they say. they'll never agree to such a thing cause they know their #'s are pure B.S.

hell the main post even talks about putting better pictures "once fujitsu <or whoever> sends a replacement intake" lmao
Old 10-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yep they're a rip off.. their dynos are a scam and their products are overpriced.

tell them the offer is on the table for me to run a dyno on their product, post real numbers and send the product back to them and see what they say. they'll never agree to such a thing cause they know their #'s are pure B.S.
I think you could of made your point a little better Selfinfliction. At any rate no need to be negative about it. If someone wants to install it on their car and takes the time to post some pictures we don't need people giving them **** about it.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zinner
I think you could of made your point a little better Selfinfliction. At any rate no need to be negative about it. If someone wants to install it on their car and takes the time to post some pictures we don't need people giving them **** about it.

didn't mean to be negative. just trying to put some reality out there for people swearing by something that people can't even get to fit their car properly
Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 PM

I don't know you, pretend to know you or want to know you. Simply stating that if you're gonna bash a product do it in another thread, I'm sure people are tired of hearing "well, that's a waste of money". Something you believe to be a waste may not be to the next. If you believe I wasted $350 on a shitty intake and gained nothing but a ball cap and bag then oh well......whatever floats your boat. I do not swear by this intake or any other intake as I took a chance on a new product which I do on a regular basis as people in Southern Ontario will find out. The fitment issue is not that big of a deal and Fujita is taking care of it in a way I never expected. My point is that people don't need to hear your opinion about this intake over and over again.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

this is the first time i said anything about the intake, so what are you talking about... over and over? please send me the links
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Moderator Alumni

Let it go both of you or take it on PM at the least.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM

Not saying this because I have a K&N, but that thing looks like a POS
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zinner
Let it go both of you or take it on PM at the least.

sorry... been drinking tonight, i'll take face and accept the loss
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Moderator Alumni

OK let me chime in. That 8 inch plastic tube is just unattractive.

However the multiple pieces of tube will make it easier to get to the PCM and mess with it if your so inclined.

So it's good and bad, depending on what you want and how deep your pockets are.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:02 PM

this is the first time i said anything about the intake, so what are you talking about... over and over? please send me the links

Found one! https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...8070#post78070
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM

yeah those $350 intakes are awesome

here's a news flash for you guys talking about the turbonater thing in the intake. IT"S F'N USELESS

think about this: the air comes in through the filter, through the vortex generator (turbonator) that spins the air round and round then the air goes into the blower and gets compressed. so we have spinning air going into a blower to get compressed, you know how it comes out of the other side? the same way it comes out of the blower if you didn't have one of those things clogging up your intake.

i say go ahead and waste your money if you think it helps, but for those of you who weren't sure how they worked, don't do it.
It's apparent that you dislike this intake so that will be the end of my posting on this thread. Enjoy the pics everyone, I'll update them as soon as I can or until Ljavy, Hot Carl or JMC do it before I do. Sorry Zinner didn't mean for this thread to off topic like this but I didn't want one person's opinion to affect another's choice about getting a good product with great CS. If people felt that little problems are not acceptable then why did us SS owners buy this car? It has it's quirks but in the end it satisfies and does as advertised
Old 10-19-2005, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by SuPeR ChArGeD 08
LMAO !
Old 10-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ninja44
It's apparent that you dislike this intake so that will be the end of my posting on this thread. Enjoy the pics everyone, I'll update them as soon as I can or until Ljavy, Hot Carl or JMC do it before I do. Sorry Zinner didn't mean for this thread to off topic like this but I didn't want one person's opinion to affect another's choice about getting a good product with great CS. If people felt that little problems are not acceptable then why did us SS owners buy this car? It has it's quirks but in the end it satisfies and does as advertised
Nicely worded my friend!! Don't worry about what everyone else says because it doesn't really matter in the end. BTW, I think codyss and selfinfliction are packing the Hershey together real tight if you know what I mean

Quick Reply: Fujita intake pics!