2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

g85 performance package

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oujojo9300
I am new to this site but I just don't see who really cares about getting the first 06' ss. I have an 05' ss, got it about 3 weeks ago, and it is a fun car! I am proud to own my 05', but I do agree the LSD would be nice. The car doesn't do too well in the rain. Very light and you get bouncing in the front if you try to take off fast. Overall though, chevy did make a nice car. And to reply to the original question from this thread, I bought my cobalt ss sight unseen and never drove one before. Just ordered it offline from a dealer. This was my second car purchase being sight unseen. My last purchase sight unseen, in 02', was the pontiac trans am with the ws6 package. Traded her in for my cobalt ss.

Welcome to the board .
Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FunCrusher
I just got off of the phone with the GM rep, and I have made a mistake. When I attempted to place my order about two months ago, he told me the GM factory was not taking any orders with the differential package until 06. I thought he was telling me that the differentail wasn't available at all for the 05. I should not have assumed, and I apologize if I have pissed anyone off.
Thanks for owning up.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What he said ^^^^^^^

Ok, that sounds better.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:28 PM

580 COBALTS WERE BUILT OVER THE PAST WEEK!!!! I'm not saying that these were ss, because I don't know, but the point is that the 06's are already being built.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:31 PM

Thanks for at least admitting being wrong on the G85 but do realize that was crazy to claim that people got scammed by GM

NOw check out this 06' being built story too becuase if one was wrong the other might be too 05's werent supposed to be done until the 17th

give us your order # and then we can check and see what your status is
Old 06-04-2005, 01:42 PM

My order number is is JFQV2G
Old 06-04-2005, 01:50 PM

thanks man hopefully super chevy reads through all of this and checks it for you. Dont get me wrong I hop you get your SS ASAP, but when you come on and say there were no G85's and you heard it from an insider you have to understand why I think you a full of BS troll
Old 06-04-2005, 01:51 PM

2006 Build

Before every model year change, GM makes a few hundred vehicles for executives, emissions and crash testing. Previous year models don't count for the last two. Their executives drive the cars for a few weeeks and then at the end of the two week plant shut down, their responses are gathered to determine if any production changes are in order. Most of these vehiucles will eventually be sent to retail dealers and sold to the general public. Except those used for crash testing, I assume. So it is possible (as well as probable) that some 2006 models have gone down the line. And 580 in a two week period on a line capable of producing that many vehicles in less than one day is likely. And I too have a 2005 SS/SC with Recaro seats and the Quaife ATB limited slip differential, for just over a day and not quite 200 miles on it so far. No pictures, I have no camera and my interior looks just like the ones already posted, -- laborsmith
Old 06-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mike 42
it's likely that a lot of the "mis-information" comes from salesmen at dealerships who just dont know what's going on but want to make you think they are all " in the loop"
My salesman argued with me that the SS/SC had 260 hp and that they were getting the only 2 in Florida for all of 2005...
Old 06-04-2005, 03:58 PM

if anyone wants a silver G85, mine came in and is available, as i got pissed off from the constant delays and lack of answers as to y it was on hold and bought another car...
Old 06-04-2005, 04:35 PM

hey matt. ... what dealership is it at?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well since Funcrusher has so much pull thats hes paying more than the invoice price of the SS/sc and he hasnt answered Nelsons VIN question maybe I'll step up and answer/prove Funcrusher wrong. Nelson heres your car:

VIN 1G1AP14P657641531
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : 1AP37 -2005 COBALT 2-DR SUPERCHARGED COUPE
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1770 kg (3903 lb) Order Number : HNWTFN
Build Date : 05/25/2005 Build Plant : 157A
OPTION CODES
AK5 - DRIVER & RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAGS ALV - SENSOR INDICATOR
ASF - AIRBAGS, SIDE HEAD-CURTAIN CF5 - ELECTRIC SUNROOF W/MAP LIGHTS
C67 - ELECT. FRONT AIR CONDITIONER DG7 - ELEC TWIN REMOTE SPORT MIRRORS
DT4 - ASHTRAY AND LIGHTER FE5 - SUSPENSION
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS FQ7 - 4.05 FINAL DRIVE TRANSAXLE RATIO
G85 - PERFORMANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES: *LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL *RECARO FRONT BUCKET SEATS IP4 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN - AR9
JL9 - 4-WHEEL DISC ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM K09 - 120 AMP GENERATOR
LOD - ASSEMBLY PLANT - LORDSTOWN,OHIO LSJ - 2.0L ECOTEC DOHC 4CYL ENGINE
MM5 - 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MU3 - MANUAL 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NT9 - FED EMIS SYS, TIER 2 PHASE-OUT
NW5 - 18" ALUMINUM WHEELS QTJ - P215/45R18 BW TIRE
RE8 - UPGRADE ORNAMENTATION SLM - STOCK ORDERS
UE1 - ONSTAR SYSTEM INCLUDES 1 YR SAFE & SOUND UQ3 - PIONEER 7 SPKR AMPLIFIED SYSTEM
US8 - RADIO, AM/FM STEREO W CD & MP3 U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO-OVER 130 CHNLS OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT. SERVICE FEE EXTRA 1ST.3MOS.INCL
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT VM3 - CONSUMER INFORMATION LABEL
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA W2E - RICARO SEATS
1SA - BASE PACKAGE 1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT
19I - EBONY 194 - EBONY LEATHER TRIM
41U - BLACK 6AJ - FRONT SPRING
7AJ - FRONT SPRING 8AC - REAR SPRING
9AC - REAR SPRING

Dealer: BILL HEARD CHEVROLET

I hope THIS is enough proof..... I definitely know what I am talking about and as most of you pointed out Funcrusher, well....doesnt...and by the way sucks that you cant get a better deal on your car than 21,000 Funcrusher...with all your pull and all.LMFAO
Old 06-04-2005, 05:40 PM

No wonder so many people are confused!
Be careful what you read on the internet and this website!

The G85 Package INCLUDES the Limited Slip!

Here's the proof from an invoice with one on it:

G85 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES: 1500.00 1350.00
*LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
*RECARO FRONT BUCKET SEATS

It's so nice to see so many misinformed people, but nobody should EVER tell someone they got a lousy deal... most people without any money normally say that.

GM Employee Price for everyone in AMERICA (sorry Canada)

A $24,445 List Cobalt SS shouldn't cost anymore than the GMS of $22,252 through 7/5/2005
and if you SmartBuy, there is more rebates, subject to location.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by xunearthhxcx
hey matt. ... what dealership is it at?
Country Chevrolet, in Warwick. NY... about 10 miles from the NJ border, 30 miles from the PA border
Old 06-04-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Maven
Well since Funcrusher has so much pull thats hes paying more than the invoice price of the SS/sc and he hasnt answered Nelsons VIN question maybe I'll step up and answer/prove Funcrusher wrong. Nelson heres your car:

VIN 1G1AP14P657641531
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : 1AP37 -2005 COBALT 2-DR SUPERCHARGED COUPE
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1770 kg (3903 lb) Order Number : HNWTFN
Build Date : 05/25/2005 Build Plant : 157A
OPTION CODES
AK5 - DRIVER & RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAGS ALV - SENSOR INDICATOR
ASF - AIRBAGS, SIDE HEAD-CURTAIN CF5 - ELECTRIC SUNROOF W/MAP LIGHTS
C67 - ELECT. FRONT AIR CONDITIONER DG7 - ELEC TWIN REMOTE SPORT MIRRORS
DT4 - ASHTRAY AND LIGHTER FE5 - SUSPENSION
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS FQ7 - 4.05 FINAL DRIVE TRANSAXLE RATIO
G85 - PERFORMANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES: *LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL *RECARO FRONT BUCKET SEATS IP4 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN - AR9
JL9 - 4-WHEEL DISC ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM K09 - 120 AMP GENERATOR
LOD - ASSEMBLY PLANT - LORDSTOWN,OHIO LSJ - 2.0L ECOTEC DOHC 4CYL ENGINE
MM5 - 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MU3 - MANUAL 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION
NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL NT9 - FED EMIS SYS, TIER 2 PHASE-OUT
NW5 - 18" ALUMINUM WHEELS QTJ - P215/45R18 BW TIRE
RE8 - UPGRADE ORNAMENTATION SLM - STOCK ORDERS
UE1 - ONSTAR SYSTEM INCLUDES 1 YR SAFE & SOUND UQ3 - PIONEER 7 SPKR AMPLIFIED SYSTEM
US8 - RADIO, AM/FM STEREO W CD & MP3 U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO-OVER 130 CHNLS OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT. SERVICE FEE EXTRA 1ST.3MOS.INCL
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT VM3 - CONSUMER INFORMATION LABEL
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA W2E - RICARO SEATS
1SA - BASE PACKAGE 1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT
19I - EBONY 194 - EBONY LEATHER TRIM
41U - BLACK 6AJ - FRONT SPRING
7AJ - FRONT SPRING 8AC - REAR SPRING
9AC - REAR SPRING

Dealer: BILL HEARD CHEVROLET

I hope THIS is enough proof..... I definitely know what I am talking about and as most of you pointed out Funcrusher, well....doesnt...and by the way sucks that you cant get a better deal on your car than 21,000 Funcrusher...with all your pull and all.LMFAO

Car didnt show up today, Bill Heard said it should be here sunday/monday for sure. will pick up when it comes off the trailer. will post pics. one more black g85 colbalt ss on the road and kicking dodge/honda ass.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 AM

The whole point was that you said that I would not be getting one of the first, which I am. Use a little common sense, I am talking about the 06's available for the public, not the very first car off of the line. Jesus christ! I just got off the phone with the chevy rep, and my car is being built as we speak, so your whole arguement about production not happening until the 15th falls flat. As it stands, they are building 600 per week, of course these aren't all ss, but the point is that they are in production.

Who cares if your getting yours first and what not...nobody really cares...as for pull, the only pull your getting is the one chevy has on your nuts...which i could care less about either...the dealership i bought my car from my dad used to work at...whoopty do i dont even care
Old 06-05-2005, 10:53 AM

AKA Matt, what options are on that silver G85 cobalt ss??
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 AM

I do know I'm getting one of the first, I was given preference over all others. My order went straight to the top and I was told BY THE FACTORY that I will have my car by mid JULY. Here is how my order reads, can you say the same about yours?

5-23 perliminary order accepted
5-23 preliminary order added
5-24 preliminary order Re-edited
5-31 Accepted by GM
5-31 Order Preferenced
6-01 Accepted by production control.
I dont know where you are getting this BS info, but the 2006 productions do not start until July 18th so this means that you will not have your 2006 ss until aprox. Aug 18th. My father also works for GM and there will be a 2 week model change for ALL plants during the first 2 weeks in july. It takes atleast 2 days to get a car from start to finish and then it may sit on the lot at the factory for upto 2 weeks before it is even put on a truck, then 7 business days to ship it from one coast to the other less time if its in between. So the earliest you will be getting your car is the first week in Aug. so dont count on it. And I dont care who you are your order will be processed in the order it was recieved, you may be confused with the fact that your car will be placed infront of a dealers order if your car is marked as SOLD. So you wont be getting the First car off the line. Also my friends mother works in Detroit and said that she could do nothing for getting my order processed quicker, and thats straight from DETRIOT. My order did get pushed before dealer orders though, and Chevy4Life you are correct they dont start 06 production until July 18th every car from now till then will be an 05.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by irocz85
I dont know where you are getting this BS info, but the 2006 productions do not start until July 18th so this means that you will not have your 2006 ss until aprox. Aug 18th. My father also works for GM and there will be a 2 week model change for ALL plants during the first 2 weeks in july. It takes atleast 2 days to get a car from start to finish and then it may sit on the lot at the factory for upto 2 weeks before it is even put on a truck, then 7 business days to ship it from one coast to the other less time if its in between. So the earliest you will be getting your car is the first week in Aug. so dont count on it. And I dont care who you are your order will be processed in the order it was recieved, you may be confused with the fact that your car will be placed infront of a dealers order if your car is marked as SOLD. So you wont be getting the First car off the line. Also my friends mother works in Detroit and said that she could do nothing for getting my order processed quicker, and thats straight from DETRIOT. My order did get pushed before dealer orders though, and Chevy4Life you are correct they dont start 06 production until July 18th every car from now till then will be an 05.

Thanks thought I was alone on that... I'm planning on getting my SS mid to late august so I hate when somones like well my hookup is gonna egt it for me before they even start buiilding them.....
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Shutdown

These guys are correct about the shutdown....I work for a crossdock that ships parts to about 20 diff GM plants across north america. For the first week off july all of our dockworkers will be on lay off(....All plants shutdown for change over). The second week we will be shipping to mexico(because there is a seven day trip to get the freight there), wilmington, and the mishiwaka(Hummer H2 plant), Lordstown will be down for those two weeks.

-Matt
Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Yea, this image is of the interior of my 2005 Cobalt SS/SC with the G85 package.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by irocz85
She's straight from DETRIOT (Detroit) and cannot help???? Wait, so am I and I'm still waiting like everyone else. The 2006 production does not begin until next week in Lordstown, and I know this for a fact. There will be pilot builds as always but most of those will go out to dealers. I'm guessing that I might see mine in early July.

I cannot believe how far off that one guy is. My dad doesn't work for GM, neither does my uncle, aunt, or otherwise, but I happen to work in the Performance Division right now and I have friends.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:43 AM

Ok my '05 red SS does not have the G85 package but I'm curious......
Can I order the package in part (I don't really need the recaro seats cause I like my leather ones.. still very supportive), but I do want the LSD. However as we all have heard the talks about the Perfomance upgrade packages that are going to be comming availible, if this indeed does happen, should I bother?

Tom
Old 06-10-2005, 12:50 AM

If im not mistaken the LSD costs around $1500..im might be wrong but i remember seeing it in a forum on this site somewhere if anyone finds it thats be nice
Old 06-10-2005, 01:29 AM

^ Thats the price for the G85 package (LSD and Recaros)

Quick Reply: g85 performance package