2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

GM Stage 2 tune..Is there a new one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM Stage 2 tune..Is there a new one?

I had my Stage kit installed in Jan 07. Since I have had it installed I only see 12.5 psi and I am at 4400ft. The rev limiter is still coming on at 6500. What should I tell the GM service folks to help me get the right tune for my kit. Thanks folks cause you guys help out alot.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Just tell them your rev limiter is 6500rpm and it's supose to be 7000rpm. This also means the computer doesn't have correct control over the injectors since they are bigger than the computer thinks. Don't let them fill you full of BS by saying it's supose to have a 6500rpm limiter because it's not.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

you should thank black ss.sc for explaining that your car was fucked up bc without him you wouldnt be making this thread , other than that take gm for a ride in the car and show them it redlines at 6500 they will fix it , trust me
Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I the only one who has not had a problem with my Stage 2 install. I have had zero issues with it and my air fuel ratio is 14.7-1 at idle which is perfect. Guess I am lucky
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the answers guys but is there any documentation or part number for the proper tune so that I can prove to them that it is screwed up?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Coop
Thanks for the answers guys but is there any documentation or part number for the proper tune so that I can prove to them that it is screwed up?
if they did the stage two stuff, they should have given you a box that contains your stock belt, stock pulley, stock injectors, and a couple tools.

if they didn't, check to see if the pulley has blue bolts on the end of it. if it does, you have the stage two pulley. check the top of the injectors. if they are green, they are stock.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Yes I have looked at those and they installed the correct parts.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 PM

Yes I have looked at those and they installed the correct parts.
The part # for the calibration data file for the '06 is 12607645. The flash requires a VCI #, a case # and the Authorization code that attaches it to your VIN.Sounds like you got parts but no flash.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
you should thank black ss.sc for explaining that your car was fucked up bc without him you wouldnt be making this thread , other than that take gm for a ride in the car and show them it redlines at 6500 they will fix it , trust me
DONT EVEN DO THAT!!!!!

if your car is not tuned for the stage 2 kit, you are running under dangerous conditions! take it easy and baby the car. get it to the dealer and raise hell.

this has happened to a few ppl, and in some instances the dealer denies that the car is not reflashed. dont put up with that and go find that monkey service manager.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Banned

there gonna want to go for a ride
Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Here is a thread OniMirage made about this problem last year. Hope it helps.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/gm-stage-update-32859/
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Just looked at the GM TIS site and that part # that silversccoupe is not showing on it. Can anyone else look at theirs and let me know if it is showing on theirs? Also my rev limiter is still at the stock 6500rpms. Does anyone have documentation that states the Stage 2 tune is supposed to bring that up to 7000? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM

Dude, it's supose to be 7000 rpm! They should be able to look it up or call their tech line to find out if they don't beleive you. Just get to your dealer and tell them before you do any damage to your engine!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ReMz
if your car is not tuned for the stage 2 kit, you are running under dangerous conditions!
It is just adding extra fuel at wide open throttle because there are larger injectors installed than it thinks, which after time will actually self correct itself, but thats for another thread.

Anyways, take the car back to them, tell them its not starting or running real rough sometimes (most dealerships are used to doing reflashes for GMPP kits such as cavies and such in which the car usually won't even run without a reflash). They won't be able to reproduce the problem but should reflash the car anyways. If they don't, keep harassing them and they eventually will. Or try another dealer altogether.

Last edited by Witt; 05-03-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Just looked at the GM TIS site and that part # that silversccoupe is not showing on it. Can anyone else look at theirs and let me know if it is showing on theirs? Also my rev limiter is still at the stock 6500rpms. Does anyone have documentation that states the Stage 2 tune is supposed to bring that up to 7000? Thanks.
Hey Coop,the part # for the tune appears on the list of changes under the heading of diagnostics,look there.

OK I just went back to TIS and now I'm not finding the same info.I may have transposed a number somewher so I'll retract my last statement.Sorry Coop I'm still looking

Last edited by silversccoupe; 05-05-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2007, 12:12 PM

Are you guys getting some kind of sticker stating that your computer was reflased? I'm pretty sure that the dealer requires one whenever they do a reflash. I never got one, but wondering if anyone else did. BTW, I've seen such stickers on other cars that come into my work, they are usually on the header panel or somewhere obvious.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by blueta
Are you guys getting some kind of sticker stating that your computer was reflased? I'm pretty sure that the dealer requires one whenever they do a reflash. I never got one, but wondering if anyone else did. BTW, I've seen such stickers on other cars that come into my work, they are usually on the header panel or somewhere obvious.
A blue GM sticker attesting to the emissions legality in fifty states with the C.A.R.B. number should have been installed .Mine is on the core support next to the
GM Performance Division badge.In my state the car is exempt from emissions testing for five years from date of manufacture.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:27 PM

I did not get a sticker at all.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM

I did not get a sticker at all.
I'm working on your problem Coop,I have a call in to GM if I get new information I'll pass it along. I bought my kit from Summitt Racing and all of the parts,instuctions for install,emissions sticker,etc.came in the box.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Here is a thread OniMirage made about this problem last year. Hope it helps.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32859
This was made because I had the same issue as you READ IT!!It will answer your problems.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by BACK2GM
This was made because I had the same issue as you READ IT!!It will answer your problems.
Been there,read it,been to GM site read that,all good information but it does not answer Coops original question.Thank you for posting that link again for those who,ve come in late
Old 05-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Actually it does. Those are the proper numbers listed by GM. Take a look.

Originally Posted by GMWORLDCLASS
First let me introduce myself
My name is Clint Mielke. I am a certified GM World Class Technician, 1 of only 8 in the state of Arizona. I,ve worked for Chevrolet for 23 years, 18 of which at my current location, Bill Heard Chevrolet-Scottsdale. For those of you who don't know what that means, let me explain. ASE certifies technicians in general areas, GM training goes beyond that. World Class dignity is the highest honor, achieved by tremendous training and effort.

In an effort to help some of you understand, I've shared information with onimirage.

Clint
2006 numbers
Originally Posted by OniMirage
This is back2gm’s PCM information. notice that the current# 4 and 5 have 2 numbers. Those are the wrong codes that were flashed to his PCM. The selected numbers are the corrected codes that were entered by Clint the Master Tech at Bill Heard so that the car had the newest update for the stage kit. He found out what was wrong and called back2gm to correct the issue.
-----
Anyone else that has this issue should get their car scanned to insure that the latest update has been used. Those done at Bill Heard should go back to make sure they have the latest version of the software. Clint knows how many he has installed so he wants those that have their receipts only from the install at the Bill Heard dealership in Scottsdale AZ to take their car in with the receipt and he will flash it one time no charge and make sure all the latest software has been flashed to the PCM if needed. Anyone else that had their kits installed by other sources can still go in to have it done at Bill Heard and he can personally see to it that the updates are installed but you must expect to pay at least an hours worth of labor.

2005 numbers
While I was their Clint scanned my car to see what updates I had and to see if there are any new updates that are needed, ... there was. There was an issue with my car which explains a lot with how my car was running. The code is a false lean/lean code that may or may not present itself visibly by a check engine light unless there is an issue that shows up 2 times within the same on running cycle with specific situations but could have the same effect as a lean code. Once the code is found it never goes away even if the cel doesn't show up at all so you would never know you had the issue unless you got the car scanned. I was flashed and while I don't believe there is enough of an issue to be noticed in terms of power however I have much better response overall.

For those that have ANY issue with dealers denying that the car is supposed to be flashed or if there is a question about the technical specs here they are straight from those that had a hand designing it,

Last edited by Cobalt_Supercharged; 05-09-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:27 AM

The bottom page is the most informative.What I'm trying to document beyond all doubt is that the part # for the flash that is provided in the written instruction packet which is
12607645 has been superceded.I've not been able to find any written evidence of that.
My calibration history reads the same as above,so in effect I had provided out dated information to Coop that I was trying to clear up.Thank you all for your help.I imagine Coop has rolled his car off a cliff by now.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 PM

No I havent but what I am lost is should the part #12607645 been shown on your TIS printout. If so then mine doesnt. If not then what is the part or pats # that will show. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM

No I havent but what I am lost is should the part #12607645 been shown on your TIS printout. If so then mine doesnt. If not then what is the part or pats # that will show. Thanks.
No, the part # that appears on the the instruction page 12607645 is nowhere to be found on my TIS sheet.I have the same numbers that appear above.I'm pretty confused myself now but it looks to me that if you have the same numbers that I have and above then you should have the correct tune.But I'll be talking to my local GM tech tomorrow to find out why there is so much confusing information out there.

Quick Reply: GM Stage 2 tune..Is there a new one?