2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

GM Stage 3 Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM Stage 3 Info

Does anyone have any OFFICIAL info on the stage 3 kit yet?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:29 AM

im going to guess that anyone's input at this point is hypthetical
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 AM

I belive s3 will involve a non-road use setup that puts around 28-290 to the wheels and has warrenty issues.

But I hope it involves an LS7 and a RWD conversion along with a 400 shot and all for under $600.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by leviticus88
I belive s3 will involve a non-road use setup that puts around 28-290 to the wheels and has warrenty issues.

But I hope it involves an LS7 and a RWD conversion along with a 400 shot and all for under $600.
It's funny you mention stg 3. I just got me a stg 3 kit, but it's for a skittle. I know that the stg 2 are quite impressive from what I have been seeing. I hope it's every bit as nasty as the mopar kit. I'm shooting for a install this weekend or next. I'll try and host a few videos, if someone would grant me access to start new posts.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:13 AM

I heard a rumor that its a 50shot nos kit with a pcm tune that automatically kicks it in at certain RPM/Driving style
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JMAc88
I heard a rumor that its a 50shot nos kit with a pcm tune that automatically kicks it in at certain RPM/Driving style
I highly doubt GM would give a nitrous setup to car owners, especially car owners of a younger generation who probably know squat about nitrous and how it works.

Also, the "nitrous kicking in at certain RPMs by the PCM" sounds very silly and rediculous.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Banned

Thats what I 've heard, but not the same way
Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Banned

oh yeah, and Y didn't you just look here.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ght=GM+stage+3
Old 05-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Banned

GM Stage 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other day was sweet.

Got a ride in GM's Stage 3 CSS/SC test vehicle a few days ago and learned some cool things. Apparently it's going to be an off-road only box (easy to install and uninstall, and not emissions legal). To make this more of a sure thing, it disables your A/C. I mean, you dont use A/C at autocrosses do you?

It has what i think is a 2.6" pulley, but i'd have to recheck that. It's also equipped with a 50 shot of nitrous as well. The box is programmed for nitrous, and wont activate it until youre WOT and past 3500rpm when the button is held down.

Some cool features i got shown were the High-octane mode switch and RPM-redline setting. Can go all the way to 8k if you want, but on stock internals anything over 7k is dangerous. On that note, the internals should be beefed up if you plan to go above a 50 shot of nitrous as well (pistons in particular, but im sure most of you know that).

Floored in 2nd with the nitrous on, that thing hauled (loudly!) all the way to 7k easy. 3rd+4th gear on the highway could easily get you in trouble. It just moves.

Fun stuff, cant wait for these to come out. From what i heard they may be released late June/early July? We'll just have to wait and see. But it IS coming!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gorilla unit 33
GM Stage 3

To make this more of a sure thing, it disables your A/C. I mean, you dont use A/C at autocrosses do you?
think this can be changed in the PCM with the hptuners program. Since you can change all kinds of crazy stuff
Old 05-19-2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ddogsrt461blk
It's funny you mention stg 3. I just got me a stg 3 kit, but it's for a skittle. I know that the stg 2 are quite impressive from what I have been seeing. I hope it's every bit as nasty as the mopar kit. I'm shooting for a install this weekend or next. I'll try and host a few videos, if someone would grant me access to start new posts.
well arent you cool...

haha, jk. Thats awesome. Post vids so we can dream too.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I highly doubt GM would give a nitrous setup to car owners, especially car owners of a younger generation who probably know squat about nitrous and how it works.

Also, the "nitrous kicking in at certain RPMs by the PCM" sounds very silly and rediculous.
Actually no. Ford released a N20 version of their Focus SVT. This isnt a new idea by any means.

Why would you need to know how nitrous works to buy a stage 3 kit if it came out? I didnt need to know how to mount the SC pulley on my SS/SC for the GM stage 2 kit, that didnt seem to matter.

Besides that, nitrous isnt rocket science its actually common sense. It super cools the engine when used, is mounted in the trunk, or somewhere in the cab, and it gives instantaneous HP to engine until the bottle is emptied. What more do I, or anyone else need to know?

Being warranteed is another story, but from what Ive been reading its going to be a similar set up to the time attack cobalt, except with less horses.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 PM

You gotta chill on the negative attitude. I read your posts about the hahn dual charge cobalt. The truth is, you know no more than anyone else on these forums about our cars and future aftermarket/GM upgrades. Just remember: nothing is impossible, and those who are truly smart, know that they know nothing.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:01 AM

I also remember posting that stage 2 would increase the rev limiter and that there would be a stage 3 months ago, and how quickly everyone was to bash me, and sure enough look what has happened. Wait and see, you might be surprised as to what GM comes out with.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Actually no. Ford released a N20 version of their Focus SVT. This isnt a new idea by any means.

Why would you need to know how nitrous works to buy a stage 3 kit if it came out? I didnt need to know how to mount the SC pulley on my SS/SC for the GM stage 2 kit, that didnt seem to matter.

Besides that, nitrous isnt rocket science its actually common sense. It super cools the engine when used, is mounted in the trunk, or somewhere in the cab, and it gives instantaneous HP to engine until the bottle is emptied. What more do I, or anyone else need to know?

Being warranteed is another story, but from what Ive been reading its going to be a similar set up to the time attack cobalt, except with less horses.
You're right about the Focus, I thought about that afterwards.

Why would you need to know about nitrous? Because if you're going to use it, you need to know how to use it responsibly and actually know what it does incase of something going wrong.

It's not common sense and you proved it right there. Nitrous is cooler, yes but it doesn't "super cool" the engine to make power. Nitrous = N2O, 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen. When being sprayed, it the nitrogen burns away leaving the oxygen entering your combustion chamber. The more oxygen is provided, the more fuel can be supplied and ultimately the more power you will create.

What more should you know? You should know it effects your motor and how to maintain it, basically. If it was that easy, why do you think people have blown their motors on nitrous? Accidents happening with solenoids, having too high of a shot for the motor, using a dry shot and not supplying fuel etc. etc.

As far as you "not needing to know how to mount the pulley", that's besides the point. My point was (like said before) you should know how things work and how it effects the motor. Honestly, if you drive a boosted vehicle, whether it's stock boosted or boosted afterwards, you should know how boost works, what it does to your motor, how it effects your motor and how it's actually gaining you power. Even my mother (who has a 1.8T Audi A4), I try and explain to her how things work and what a turbo is and hope she'd understand. It urks me that there are SS/SC owners on here that don't even know what an Air/Fuel ratio is...I just for some reason expect more from them (even though I probably shouldn't).
Old 05-20-2006, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
You gotta chill on the negative attitude. I read your posts about the hahn dual charge cobalt. The truth is, you know no more than anyone else on these forums about our cars and future aftermarket/GM upgrades. Just remember: nothing is impossible, and those who are truly smart, know that they know nothing.
If I come off sounding like I have a negative attitude, I'm sorry but I don't mean to. When people who own stock supercharged cars want to put a turbo onto it for the sake of being cool or thinking it's going to make a ton of power, it kind of bothers me.

As far as what I know and don't know, I don't think you know me enough to say what I do and don't know. I never said I knew everything about everything, if I am wrong on something, I admit I'm incorrect and use that as an learning experience.

I never said having a twin charged cobalt was impossible, just pointless if you're aiming to make a ton of power.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:16 AM

JMAc88.....are you an insider and are holding out on us!?? I think he works (or knows some one who does) on the inside or with GM...hmmm
Old 05-20-2006, 04:28 AM

well arent you cool...

Here's a video of the parts, because me cave man have no still camera. I make do with what I got. Still can't start new posts!!!!! Or I would share some old videos of my stg 2 car!!! I'm thinking about doing the install in a couple of hours, we'll see. Well here's the video, because that's what I'm all about!!! Refer to the MI meet, I taped it, and was the only 1 to host a video!!!!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...2B90B55813766A

The monster will soon be awoken, and unleash the fury, of the angry snail!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM

well arent you cool...

He has an SRT-4.... I think GM went a little too conservative with Stage 2 and probably would do the same if there is a Stage 3. Mopar on the other hand well ***** out
Old 05-20-2006, 09:31 PM

I should have posted a big *NOTE*, that the GM S3 kit will be setup to handle nitrous but it does NOT come with a nitrous kit. And with the stock internals, they only recommend a 50 shot tops.

Give it another month. I'm expecting to hear something solid by the end of June.

-edit-
Congrats on your S3 DDog. I had some fun myself this weekend at the Midwest Nats. New personal best, and finally got dyno numbers!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 PM

You're right about the Focus, I thought about that afterwards.

Why would you need to know about nitrous? Because if you're going to use it, you need to know how to use it responsibly and actually know what it does incase of something going wrong.

It's not common sense and you proved it right there. Nitrous is cooler, yes but it doesn't "super cool" the engine to make power. Nitrous = N2O, 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen. When being sprayed, it the nitrogen burns away leaving the oxygen entering your combustion chamber. The more oxygen is provided, the more fuel can be supplied and ultimately the more power you will create.

What more should you know? You should know it effects your motor and how to maintain it, basically. If it was that easy, why do you think people have blown their motors on nitrous? Accidents happening with solenoids, having too high of a shot for the motor, using a dry shot and not supplying fuel etc. etc.

As far as you "not needing to know how to mount the pulley", that's besides the point. My point was (like said before) you should know how things work and how it effects the motor. Honestly, if you drive a boosted vehicle, whether it's stock boosted or boosted afterwards, you should know how boost works, what it does to your motor, how it effects your motor and how it's actually gaining you power. Even my mother (who has a 1.8T Audi A4), I try and explain to her how things work and what a turbo is and hope she'd understand. It urks me that there are SS/SC owners on here that don't even know what an Air/Fuel ratio is...I just for some reason expect more from them (even though I probably shouldn't).
If people dont understand that using nitrous puts a huge strain on the engine, regardless of what shot it is, and blow up their engine, then they will learn. If they dont understand that nitrous isnt a gradual boost ( like our superchargers ), and that it causes more damage and strain than running just straight engine power, then they have a serious problem.

Nitrous is like running a 400 m sprint without warming up. Sure your boost is instant, but it also creates more wear and tear on your vehicle.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS422
He has an SRT-4.... I think GM went a little too conservative with Stage 2 and probably would do the same if there is a Stage 3. Mopar on the other hand well ***** out
I figured he had an srt. I aint smert butt i dew ok. haha

I dont know man. My stage 2 still has me in love (I can keep even with an sti from a roll, yes I know its lame froma roll but it makes me happy) but compared to a stage 2 srt it has nothing. I think stage 2 should have came stock and then more stages later on.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned

Yeah your right it sounds so rediculous doesn't it?

*Ridiculous, for future reference...

WOT Switch on your nitrous kit = Kickin in at certain RPM's managed by the PCM no?

And if we know squat about nitrous, and your the expert, why surround yourself with such stupid people as ourselves? They say "If your going to lay with the dogs, don't be mad when you get fleas"